shape
carat
color
clarity

You have a week off from your chores/work/life as you know it

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One requirement for the week:No SO, no kids, no pets.
You have one week alone to spend as you choose.
How would you choose to spend it?

calvin-hobbes-stillness-of-nature.gif

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a week off coming up soon - I have to spend it stripping down my car's engine so I can send the head away for overhauling, in the hope that it fixes my poor running, lack of power, and terrible oil consumption... and then I have to put it all back together and make sure I've timed it up correctly, so it doesn't go bang when I start it up.

No pressure! :lol:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have too much alone time as it is. A better scenario for me would be a week with all of my people, in Jamaica.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maui. My favorite place.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d want to take a week with a girlfriend at a spa like Canyon Ranch. Hiking, horseback riding and being pampered and eating well. Heaven. :halo:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My body would say : SLEEP
My brain: a trip to Japan with DH (never been, both want to visit )
My heart : a horse riding trip along the west coast of of Ireland with friends and some of my kids... Did it 20years ago and this place has something spiritual and magical about it...

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I dream of a quiet week drinking my coffee while it’s hot, reading uninterrupted, meeting friends for lunch, and sleeping alone. If the weather could be temperate, I would be in heaven.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh your weeks all sound amazing. I would be declutterung, cleaning and painting. Don't know if I need to live a little or my house is just a lot messier. Maybe a bit of both? :oops2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
That is my life, for better or worse: I've dived into academic work at some point & just as well, since the rest went nowhere & not for lack of trying. I am not sure I can take a week off: I'd have to be very distracted to not think of work! Hiking - I love, and this is the best time of the year for it. I usually do some every other week or so - and there is always a notebook in the bag ,)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh your weeks all sound amazing. I would be declutterung, cleaning and painting. Don't know if I need to live a little or my house is just a lot messier. Maybe a bit of both? :oops2:

Nooooo. Not allowed LOL. The rules as I wrote em :P2 a week off from regular life including chores! Something fun girl!:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Solo trip to one of the countries on my "to visit" list :)

I did that when I was young. Amazing trip. Where do you want to visit?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is my life, for better or worse: I've dived into academic work at some point & just as well, since the rest went nowhere & not for lack of trying. I am not sure I can take a week off: I'd have to be very distracted to not think of work! Hiking - I love, and this is the best time of the year for it. I usually do some every other week or so - and there is always a notebook in the bag ,)

@AV_ you must take the week off...my rules. :P2 Come join me at Canyon Ranch!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd take a trip from Savannah, Ga to Charleston, SC and stop at every single antique shop and historical site in between.

So much fun. Love the hisorical homes and more there.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dream of a quiet week drinking my coffee while it’s hot, reading uninterrupted, meeting friends for lunch, and sleeping alone. If the weather could be temperate, I would be in heaven.

Ahh perfection.:cool2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maui. My favorite place.

Our friends just bought their forever home there. I hear it's just gorgeous in Maui...one day when I can get back to flying.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My body would say : SLEEP
My brain: a trip to Japan with DH (never been, both want to visit )
My heart : a horse riding trip along the west coast of of Ireland with friends and some of my kids... Did it 20years ago and this place has something spiritual and magical about it...

Wow, the horse riding trip would be right up my alley. Magical and spiritual is right.:halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a week off coming up soon - I have to spend it stripping down my car's engine so I can send the head away for overhauling, in the hope that it fixes my poor running, lack of power, and terrible oil consumption... and then I have to put it all back together and make sure I've timed it up correctly, so it doesn't go bang when I start it up.

No pressure! :lol:

Good luck @OoohShiny!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have too much alone time as it is. A better scenario for me would be a week with all of my people, in Jamaica.

That sounds pretty awesome.:appl:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy You are too far... sad :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd probably jet off to Europe to hunt for antique jewelry, or stay home but fill my week with classes: jewelry making, baking, cooking, etc.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy It is not impossible that we shall meet ::)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did that when I was young. Amazing trip. Where do you want to visit?

It really forces you to take it in differently when you're on your own imho...somewhere in Asia or the South Pacific I think...maybe the Malduves before they disappear :eek2:o_O

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever I would do I know I would spend time shopping for SO and kids to bring back some cool stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results