shape
carat
color
clarity

How will this diamond perform-?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How would this particular diamond perform given these numbers? Fire, brightness, scintillation, etc?

34A24C09-4EB3-419A-81E5-D28B2B9246EB.jpeg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump...anyone?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a BGD super ideal stone, if course that it will perform amazing. The particular stone has an interesting color/fluorescence combo. You can reach out to Lesley and ask that she sends you a video to see the stone best.

Last edited:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a BGD super ideal stone, if course that it will perform amazing. The particular stone has an interesting color/fluoresce combo. You can reach out to Lesley and ask that she sends you a video to see the stone best.

Thank you @SimoneDi.
I do plan on doing that, they weren’t open today but I will on Monday.
I do wonder how the strong fluorescent will affect the color?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strong fluor should have no affect generally, only when in environments with UV-rich lighting, like sunlight or at a club with a UV/blacklight.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the color of the stone?

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Strong fluor should have no affect generally, only when in environments with UV-rich lighting, like sunlight or at a club with a UV/blacklight.

According to this article, “But the fact is, most diamonds exhibiting Strong Blue Fluorescence appear slightly to severely hazy in regular lighting conditions.”

https://www.diamonds.pro/education/fluorescence/

An interesting read.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The good news is though that this is offered through a well known vendor. He probably vets these 'blue' stones as strictly as anyone and if it isn't to her liking, she can return or trade in.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The good news is though that this is offered through a well known vendor. He probably vets these 'blue' stones as strictly as anyone and if it isn't to her liking, she can return or trade in.
Exactly, this vendor wouldn't be selling this stone if fluorescence caused any issues in this stone.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to this article, “But the fact is, most diamonds exhibiting Strong Blue Fluorescence appear slightly to severely hazy in regular lighting conditions.”

An interesting read.

I would seriously question the validity and factual correctness of that article and specifically the statement you cited ... especially considering under one ‘breath’ the writer is saying how horrible SBF is while promoting (in the same article) Brian Gavin Blue diamonds ... and citing a dead link to a GIA study. I would lend far more trust & credibility to the videos @Rhino & Brian Gavin have published on YT with regard to fluorescence of any level.

As with anything else: know what you’re buying and who you’re buying it from.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium

An interesting read.

Hmm, maybe a D-F SI with clouds and wisps and SB fluorescence could be hazy in regular lighting. I read somewhere (legit?) else that something like only 1-2% of diamonds with SB fluorescence (of which only 25-35% have any fluoro) are negatively affected by fluoro (milky, oily, hazy).

https://4cs.gia.edu/en-us/blog/fact-checking-diamond-fluorescence-myths-dispelled/

I trust GIA.edu more than diamonds.pro.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

An interesting read.

I find this interesting, as when the GIA tried to do research project on such diamonds, called over blues, they were unable to find sufficient examples to do a meaningful study with. I find this comment on his site to be lacking credibility. I have seen, and sold many diamonds with strong blue fluorescence in my career. I have been selling diamonds since 1975 and personally love fluorescent diamonds. My own 1.53 ct P color has strong blue and does not appear milky in any lighting. In my career, now spanning well over 40 years I have seen few than ten over blues. I actually think it is around five, but will allow for up to ten to be conservative...

Wink

Last edited by a moderator:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find this interesting, as when the GIA tried to do research project on such diamonds, called over blues, they were unable to find sufficient examples to do a meaningful study with. I find this comment on his site to be lacking credibility. I have seen, and sold many diamonds with strong blue fluorescence in my career. I have been selling diamonds since 1975 and personally love fluorescent diamonds. My own 1.53 ct P color has strong blue and does not appear milky in any lighting. In my career, now spanning well over 40 years I have seen few than ten over blues. I actually think it is around five, but will allow for up to ten to be conservative...

Wink
This. The fear that "most" stones with flour are hazy is wildly overblown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results