shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Round SI2 e-ring

QT_P

Rough_Rock
Hello! Long time lerker, first time poster here.
Can you guys show me your round SI engagement rings? All sizes, colors, and cuts are welcomed. :oops2: I’m just curious how an SI2 will look in a setting and not as a loose diamond zoomed in on JA, BN, etc.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FECE8911-2178-44FC-919F-BA4966418A43.jpeg 00E4529C-B4A6-4204-A38E-8956C5BEE04A.jpeg Here’s my E Si2, the diamond was graded by ERD and it was purchased prior to me discovering Pricescope. It’s not ideal cut, most probably 60/60 diamond but I love it, very bright and sparkly.

Also a perspective shot.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your rings!!!
Thank you! Have you considered old cuts for your ering? Mine is an OEC and Niel's is a transitional. If you like them it's another option.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Have you considered old cuts for your ering? Mine is an OEC and Niel's is a transitional. If you like them it's another option.
I actually have a pair of OEC stud earrings! Are you familiar with the website antiqueengagementrings.com? I’ve been obsessed with it for years and have been there in person a number of times when I’ve been in NYC. I just got my new MRB 2.01 E, SI2 so I won’t be getting any solitaire stones for awhile (lol!) but I sure love the vintage cuts. It’s such a shame so many have been “lost” when people would have theirs recut to MRBs.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE all those!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
As these pictures show, an SI2 can absolutely be beautiful, but it truly is a case by cas basis. These diamonds were thoughtfully selected by their owners after thoughtfully looking at their inclusion plots, and making sure they were well cut stones. :geek2:
Don’t let a clarity grade make or break a choice, but post your stones, get feedback before you put out cash, and make an educated decision =)2

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually have a pair of OEC stud earrings! Are you familiar with the website antiqueengagementrings.com? I’ve been obsessed with it for years and have been there in person a number of times when I’ve been in NYC. I just got my new MRB 2.01 E, SI2 so I won’t be getting any solitaire stones for awhile (lol!) but I sure love the vintage cuts. It’s such a shame so many have been “lost” when people would have theirs recut to MRBs.
OH! my mistake. I thought you were still looking. If it's the stone in your avatar, it's pretty gorgeous so you clearly made a great choice!
And oh my yes, it makes me so sad to think about the history lost to recuts. Clearly we need to start a charity rehoming vintage cuts and saving them from being recut :mrgreen2:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
OP... a lot of people are showing stones that are super ideal, and therefore hide imperfections somewhat and have been very vetted... The superideal vendors will verify eye clean, and that's different terminology to them than it would be for a sales associate at somewhere like Blue Nile or James Allen. I would trust WF, VC, Brian Gavin, and HPD on the SI2s, any others would need to be really carefully vetted in order to get my seal of approval! We can help you feel comfortable here if you post stones.

QT_P

Rough_Rock
FECE8911-2178-44FC-919F-BA4966418A43.jpeg 00E4529C-B4A6-4204-A38E-8956C5BEE04A.jpeg Here’s my E Si2, the diamond was graded by ERD and it was purchased prior to me discovering Pricescope. It’s not ideal cut, most probably 60/60 diamond but I love it, very bright and sparkly.

Also a perspective shot.
WOW ! you are ROCKING that ring !!!!!:kiss2:

QT_P

Rough_Rock
As these pictures show, an SI2 can absolutely be beautiful, but it truly is a case by cas basis. These diamonds were thoughtfully selected by their owners after thoughtfully looking at their inclusion plots, and making sure they were well cut stones. :geek2:
Don’t let a clarity grade make or break a choice, but post your stones, get feedback before you put out cash, and make an educated decision =)2
I didn't have a say in the ring purchasing process... still a girl in "waiting" and wanted to see what awaits me !

QT_P

Rough_Rock
OP... a lot of people are showing stones that are super ideal, and therefore hide imperfections somewhat and have been very vetted... The superideal vendors will verify eye clean, and that's different terminology to them than it would be for a sales associate at somewhere like Blue Nile or James Allen. I would trust WF, VC, Brian Gavin, and HPD on the SI2s, any others would need to be really carefully vetted in order to get my seal of approval! We can help you feel comfortable here if you post stones.
I appreciate your guidance- but I didn't get to have a say in the stone. I'm definitely a newbie but have SOME understanding of stones (just based on having read so much on PS). Hopefully one day I will be able to choose the diamond of my dreams.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BrianGavin_HalfBezel1b_081810nologo.jpg bgdbezzie4_0.jpg

Once upon a time I had an eye-clean SI2 :)
You used to have a semi bezel? What made you decide on a six prong this time around if you don't mind me asking? :)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You used to have a semi bezel? What made you decide on a six prong this time around if you don't mind me asking? :)

I'm always changing my mind, lol. I loved this ring, BGD made it. The problem is that the person I was engaged to then was a psycho. As such, the ring design is something I couldn't go back to, lol.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm always changing my mind, lol. I loved this ring, BGD made it. The problem is that the person I was engaged to then was a psycho. As such, the ring design is something I couldn't go back to, lol.
Ah, I get wanting something different :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results