shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band sizing

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you with eternity bands, did you have to go up a size due to the bulkiness of the larger bands? 3-4 Cts?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went up a half size, but that was almost more so in case my fingers got bigger since an eternity isn't sizeable.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks WEwechew

Bloempje

Rough_Rock
I also went up half a size :geek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't but would go up a half to full size now if I were buying an eternity band. I have 2 that are I believe a size 6 and they won't fit easily anymore. Between my enlarging knuckles and Raynauds it doesn't matter that my finger sizes remained stable. Nothing else about my fingers have remained the same.

Having said that though one cannot predict how one's fingers will change through the years so keep that in mind. Even with our best estimate things might not go according to plan. If you get an eternity be prepared for that risk as it might not be possible to safely resize the eternity without compromising the integrity of the band/diamonds.

Though I am not (for me) a fan of 3/4 eternity bands that might be a safer way to go when anticipating future size changes.

And definitely a thicker band requires a larger size to fit like a smaller thinner band. How much depends and your best bet is to visit a jewelry store and try bands of a similar width on to find your size in that width.

Good luck!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When buying a preloved eternity, I search for my size. If ordering new or wide, I would go up a quarter size. FYI, I have had my jeweler shave out some metal from the inside of preloved eternities to find a bit more size if needed. Have fun!

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
When buying a preloved eternity, I search for my size. If ordering new or wide, I would go up a quarter size. FYI, I have had my jeweler shave out some metal from the inside of preloved eternities to find a bit more size if needed. Have fun!

I find that a .25 (or slightly less) bump is perfect for me. I don't have long fingers, so don't have to worry about how to estimate the fit required for multiple bands. I'd love to have the problem, though. :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results