shape
carat
color
clarity

You know someone isn’t a PSer when...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait....how is that even a compliment, or “admiration”? I don’t inderstand how that last comment even fits into that scenario....???
“That’s very beautiful” was all that was necessary, if he/she even felt compelled to speak.
Wow!! Just WOW!!! :eek2:
I agree! It sounds very condescending...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you look at the frozen snow in your backyard but all you see is sparkling teeny diamonds in the sunlight....

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When you have a friend who lost her approximately 15pt engagement ring diamond and continued to wear the ring WITHOUT the diamond because her and her husband are too cheap :silenced: to replace it......(they are not without money).
I asked her to give me the ring several times so that I could see about replacing the diamond!! It was driving me NUTS! :shock:
Eventually she took it off.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When you have a friend who lost her approximately 15pt engagement ring diamond and continued to wear the ring WITHOUT the diamond QUOTE]

What?! You mean with prongs just hanging out holding nothing, snagging on everything, feeling lost and forlorn with no purpose? Was it at least a busy intricate setting with a rubover set stone so the missing diamond wasn't too noticeable at first glance, or are we talking solitaire with prongs?

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yep just prongs sticking out...:roll I guess it was good her diamond was small because the prongs were tiny as well.
It wasn’t intricate at all.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I get rolled eyes and a glazed look come over someone’s face when I tell them about my new jewelry...and this is family! I’ve been getting that a lot lately! It’s not my husband..He just smiles because he loves that I love my jewelry..

...because they be jelly AF. ;-) LOL

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
...when they don't have a separate social media account, email, etc. for their bling gawking/buying/selling :lol::lol::lol:

I tried. It was instantly hacked from Russia. :nono:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When pull off your new ring and hand it to someone to look at, but they don't take it from you, they just lean over and look.
What? You don't care about my new bling? Cretin!
Yes yes yes. I often pull my rings off to give the other person a good look and they always say...oh don’t take off your ring.

You know someone’s not a PSer when they pull your hand closer to look at the stone and rub their thumb over the table.
Or someone wants to shake hands with you and you you think...oh no! I just scrubbed, sonic-ed and steamed my ring!!!:eek2: And you hate the person LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think so..I think they think I’m shallow..:(2 They otherwise love me..=)2

Well then they don't know you well IMO. I know you just a little bit and I know you aren't superficial or shallow. I am intuitive that way but your family should realize that by now. So shame on them and that is why I generally don't care what others think of me because they don't know the true you but you do. And as long as your dh and you and those closest to you (kids, fur babies) know who you are that is all that truly matters.

wonderfulperson.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well then they don't know you well IMO. I know you just a little bit and I know you aren't superficial or shallow. I am intuitive that way but your family should realize that by now. So shame on them and that is why I generally don't care what others think of me because they don't know the true you but you do. And as long as your dh and you and those closest to you (kids, fur babies) know who you are that is all that truly matters.

wonderfulperson.gif
Thanks @missy...I’ve learned to just not say anything about what I purchase...Yesterday I went to lunch with four friends and not one mentioned my cluster ring. I almost didn’t wear it because I feel awkward...because they don’t like jewelry and I think they think it’s frivilous...I decided to wear it thinking what @LLJsmom said once about it was a shame I wasn’t living my authentic life with my friends by not wearing my jewelry when I was with them....I thought about it after that and she was right....so I wore it...It was blinding them and I could see them looking at it but no one said a thing..It’s a shame I don’t have friends that enjoy jewelry...I’m so happy I can come here and show my sparklies!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy...I’ve learned to just not say anything about what I purchase...Yesterday I went to lunch with four friends and not one mentioned my cluster ring. I almost didn’t wear it because I feel awkward...because they don’t like jewelry and I think they think it’s frivilous...I decided to wear it thinking what @LLJsmom said once about it was a shame I wasn’t living my authentic life with my friends by. It wearing my jewelry when I was with them....I thought about it after that and she was right....so I wore it...It was blinding them and I could see them looking at it but no one said a thing..It’s a shame I don’t have friends that enjoy jewelry...I’m so happy I can come here and show my sparklies!

I am of 2 minds when it comes to this. One I completely agree with @LLJsmom about living one's authentic life no matter what and I have always tried to follow this. Even when younger I was pretty strong willed this way and marched to the beat of my own drummer (or something like that lol I cannot remember the exact saying). That was and is the way I always try to be. My authentic self.

But then comes the other side of it. Sometimes we have to go along to get along and sometimes to do our best work we need to adapt a bit. Now I will not do this with friends or family because again too bad for them if they do not like what I wear etc. I have no patience for petty minds or petty behavior and most importantly I know who I am and what I stand for and what they think of my bling and of me for wearing it just does not matter. But in other situations I might adapt and will not always do exactly as I please. If I am volunteering I might not wear certain bling. Mainly because I want people to focus on the cause we are working for and not focus on any bling I might be wearing.

And even then I am being my authentic self because I care more for the rescues I am working for than I do the bling I am wearing and that is the truth. Things are just things but lives are way more important obviously. But do not tell me what to wear or what to do. That pisses me off a great deal and I don't tolerate fools anymore. Yeah you could say at this stage of my life (the years of) experience is not wasted on me. My momma didn't raise a fool.

adf2c5beed76fcc1ecd2e38e2ee93d24fdcc8f44aab10e8c693a16c7aa813b94.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am of 2 minds when it comes to this. One I completely agree with @LLJsmom about living one's authentic life no matter what and I have always tried to follow this. Even when younger I was pretty strong willed this way and marched to the beat of my own drummer (or something like that lol I cannot remember the exact saying). That was and is the way I always try to be. My authentic self.

But then comes the other side of it. Sometimes we have to go along to get along and sometimes to do our best work we need to adapt a bit. Now I will not do this with friends or family because again too bad for them if they do not like what I wear etc. I have no patience for petty minds or petty behavior and most importantly I know who I am and what I stand for and what they think of my bling and of me for wearing it just does not matter. But in other situations I might adapt and will not always do exactly as I please. If I am volunteering I might not wear certain bling. Mainly because I want people to focus on the cause we are working for and not focus on any bling I might be wearing.

And even then I am being my authentic self because I care more for the rescues I am working for than I do the bling I am wearing and that is the truth. Things are just things but lives are way more important obviously. But do not tell me what to wear or what to do. That pisses me off a great deal and I don't tolerate fools anymore. Yeah you could say at this stage of my life (the years of) experience is not wasted on me. My momma didn't raise a fool.

adf2c5beed76fcc1ecd2e38e2ee93d24fdcc8f44aab10e8c693a16c7aa813b94.jpg
I agree..It’s pretty much just with my best friends...When I’m volunteering at a homeless shelter I won’t wear my bling because I feel it’s insensitive...

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don't get excited by forceful hand dryers in public restrooms, and admire their gorgeously performing, waterspot-free diamonds on the way out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don't get excited by forceful hand dryers in public restrooms, and admire their gorgeously performing, waterspot-free diamonds on the way out.

:lol: Omg this is so true @rainydaze. I hate those dryers for drying my hands but love them for drying diamonds. :bigsmile:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this thread! I have to say that I have a thousand bling pics on my phone. If I need to access more important pics, I have to add them to my favourites to find faster. :lol::lol:

So yes, you are not a PS'r if you don't have more bling pics than personal pics on your phone. :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a “you know when you are a Pser when” moment to share. I walked into Hermes today because I was eyeing something and then I got into chatting with an SA, male mind you, and he was wearing an approximately 4 carat cognac diamond in a white halo. I commented that his ring was beautiful and then he said he was eyeing my ring and asked if it was an antique cut. And we were off to the races. We talked more about diamonds than we did about Hermes. And I introduced him to PriceScope and I may have found a local old cut lover. Anyway, I was my authentic PS-self and gushed over his ring and we gabbed and it was then funnest :lol-2: Hermes visit I ever had. I am sure glad he was his authentic self and wore his fabulous ring. And I felt like I found a friend.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you have to explain to someone in detail how to clean their ring with Dawn and an old toothbrush.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my BEST friend, and I love her. She is competent, no frills, practical. But, she cannot see the difference between a piece of salt and a diamond.

Statement while at Tiffany's looking at ering for her: 'I don't want the rose gold because it always rubs off to show the grey underneath'

Also

Q: 'Why is the silver ring more expensive than the gold one, and why is the other silver one labelled gold, it's not yellow?'
A: 'Because it's platinum, and the other one is white gold'
Q: 'Oh is that the same as silver?'

And

'I want a diamond a bit bigger than yours,' (points to my 0.30ct diamond), 'maybe just a little larger, like those' (proceeds to point to my 3ct equivalent 8mm CZ earrings).

Her husband lucked out. He can buy a anniversary presents from Claire's accessories and shells never notice.

Omg. I am laughing so hard!! I have missed out on this thread!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you run out of room on your phone and can’t decide which ONE of your 4918 ring photos you can delete.

Or thinking about buying a new phone because you have 36,580 photos on yours and you have run out of room a long time ago and are deleting photos one at a time to make room for new bling pics.
Out of 36,580 photos which ones must go...:oops2:
Not as tough as Sophie's choice but I am still having a tough time deciding which ones to delete. They are all just a little bit different. I swear.
:lol:

Last photo not a bling pic but that is an exception. :P2
photocount.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results