shape
carat
color
clarity

Has a bad haircut ever made you cry?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh yes! I got brave (read: foolhardy) once and got a pixie cut. Came home to surprise my husband who was utterly horrified and said I looked like Justin Bieber... :cry2: Took over a year to grow out slowly and painfully. :cry: Never again!

Justin Bieber :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T -

I'm sorry to be no help at all here, but....I love your hair! And I don't see it as lopsided at all; I mean, I know there's shorter bits on one side, but I thought that was to give you faux bangs to balance out the side part, no? I've had that effect for YEARS, so I like it, clearly!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T -

I'm sorry to be no help at all here, but....I love your hair! And I don't see it as lopsided at all; I mean, I know there's shorter bits on one side, but I thought that was to give you faux bangs to balance out the side part, no? I've had that effect for YEARS, so I like it, clearly!

Thank you! No, the short sticky out bits on the right are back towards the back side of my head, literally just further back than my ear! Awful. My fringe is MUCH longer than the short weird bits. Funnily enough, the fringe around my face has always been cut to the longest part of my sloping forward bob, very angular by my chin, but she even chopped them up higher & shaped them round without discussing it?! So they’ve curled up & sit about an inch higher than the hairline along my jaw. Thankfully it will grow, and it’s made my indecision about keeping it shorter or growing it longer decided: I want to grow it longer again.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
>butistilllikeit<

:silenced:

:kiss2:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for my haircut as a kid. He didn't lop off the hair with scissors. He turned my chair around, so I was facing him and not the mirror then he took a buzzer to my scalp. I cried for hours. I'm 43 and my mother STILL feels bad.

These aren't pictures of me, but this is the before and after. And yes, frankly, ONLY a self absorbed as*hole would think he could do this to a child without asking the child in front of him if she'd like it, or running it by her mother who was in the same salon. It took me years to grow it out.

Before and After.jpg

So, trust me I TOTALLY get how unhappy and angry you are. And I'm sorry. ((HUGS)).
I would still have to be in therapy if it had been done to me when I was a child.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results