shape
carat
color
clarity

Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom - engagement ring

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in this ring. I like it fine for a RHR, but it just doesn't do it for me at all as an ering. He's been engaged a few times... we'll see how long this lasts. #DebbieDowner #sorrynotsorry #preggohormones LOL
I'm right there with ya.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was excited to see a 5m pink diamond ring just out of curiosity. I was seriously disappointed to see a ring that was 30k max. The exaggeration is what caused the disappointment. The ring is abundantly okay even if it does read as a RHR.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is Orlando Bloom, first ring a diamond bloom, didn't work, 2nd ring a ruby bloom with diamond petals. I think he likes the flower/bloom ring because he's a Bloom. Personally I would rather not have the same style ring as my hubster's first wife but some people care not a bit, I knew a girl who used her boyfriends first failed engagement ring in HER ring, it was a large stone and it was already paid for... marriage went up in smoke in 5 years..

ETA: I didn't read the whole thread, I think kipari above said the same thing I did. sorry I'm bad sometimes about catching up.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It didn't occur to me but it makes sense he'd be predisposed to floral shapes due to his name. It would be so great if he went for a 2nd career as a florist :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm gonna have to hear about this meeting, I'm afraid. ;-)

It was no big deal. I met him on first class on a flight between LAX and JFK. He was a couple of rows ahead of me, and we got off first, and caught a lift together. There were only 4 of us in the lift, me, him, a man who OB had been sitting next to / across the aisle from, and the man's son. OB was chatting to the son, who was holding a copy of the Pirates of the Caribbean board game, funnily enough! OB was telling the little boy how his son had one of those games also. He sounded so wistful and sad when he said it - it was no surprise to me that he and KP have already said they want to start a family sooner rather than later.

Later he signed my menu from the plane, addressed to my goddaughter (the one in the thread I started about her getting into university) - who had been OBSESSED with him for years! He wrote "To Eleanor, with love from Orlando" - and a big heart around her name. I called her from the luggage collection in the airport to tell her and I had to hold the phone away from my ear, she was screaming so much. I remember my first words to her father when he got the phone back from her..."Is she alright??"

The whole thing was interesting and sad and warm and funny.

:mrgreen:

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
It was no big deal. I met him on first class on a flight between LAX and JFK. He was a couple of rows ahead of me, and we got off first, and caught a lift together. There were only 4 of us in the lift, me, him, a man who OB had been sitting next to / across the aisle from, and the man's son. OB was chatting to the son, who was holding a copy of the Pirates of the Caribbean board game, funnily enough! OB was telling the little boy how his son had one of those games also. He sounded so wistful and sad when he said it - it was no surprise to me that he and KP have already said they want to start a family sooner rather than later.

Later he signed my menu from the plane, addressed to my goddaughter (the one in the thread I started about her getting into university) - who had been OBSESSED with him for years! He wrote "To Eleanor, with love from Orlando" - and a big heart around her name. I called her from the luggage collection in the airport to tell her and I had to hold the phone away from my ear, she was screaming so much. I remember my first words to her father when he got the phone back from her..."Is she alright??"

The whole thing was interesting and sad and warm and funny.

:mrgreen:

That's a fun close encounter story - seems like OB is a nice charmer.
Not all celebs are so well behaved in person...

Though George Clooney is - my husband met him and said he's even better looking and a real nice guy with great sense of humor. He was doing a stealthy charity event and talked with my husband for good hours during a plane ride.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH scoffed at the ring, when I showed him the photo. I explained that rings in the UK can be very different than what we, in the US, consider “normal” for ER’s.
Floral rings have been around for centuries, and, though this is not my taste, I think it’s one of the most beautiful floral rings I’ve seen in a long time!
I hope this celebrity marriage lasts a lifetime! I adore them both, individually, and they look very sweet, together.
I’m interested to see what band she’ll wear with it, if she keeps it as her ER, rather than moving it to her RH, and adding a more blingy replacement on her left!!
Congratulations to the lovely couple!!! :kiss2:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that idea. If I had it, I would move it to my right hand, and get a chunky diamond band for the wedding band and wear solo. I think the center stone is a pretty hue. Thanks for sharing that sweet story. He was perfect in LOTR as Legolas. What an amazing experience, to have been part of those films.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results