shape
carat
color
clarity

New AV Oval vs Opulence Oval? Thoughts?

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
AV just posted a teaser on a new cut for their oval line on the August Vintage Inc Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt9VLkOHiYs/

Thoughts?

What does this mean for the opulence? Is one more beautiful? Or is that like comparing an OEC to a RB?

I want to hear what you all think!!

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I’m one of those people that want everything! I first had a MRB and wanted the AV. Got an AV but couldn't give up my MRB (Like I initially told myself I would). So, I let my AV go and now I miss it! If I had the Opulence I would want the AV, if I had the AV I would want the Opulence. Ugh! I hate myself!

Anyway, I think these ovals will be the same difference. I hope I can resist the urge to buy one because then I would want the other, too.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I really really like the new one. I prefer old cuts, so this is so pretty to me. The Opulence oval is too modern for me, but this looks lovely.

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
I love the facet patterning of the new AV oval.

Looks like light return is also excellent. I just hope they found a way for the oval not to be cut to deep to also allow a great spread/face up size!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love the new cut he showed. But I love old cuts and that oval is a chunky monkey. :P2

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
I love that he now has 2 options for ovals. Traditional and Modern.

I’m one of those people that want everything! I first had a MRB and wanted the AV. Got an AV but couldn't give up my MRB (Like I initially told myself I would). So, I let my AV go and now I miss it! If I had the Opulence I would want the AV, if I had the AV I would want the Opulence. Ugh! I hate myself!

Anyway, I think these ovals will be the same difference. I hope I can resist the urge to buy one because then I would want the other, too.

I SO relate both are just soo beautiful.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not normally an oval diamond fan, but OMG, this new AV oval cut is spectacular! :love:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new oval. It definitely is making me rethink shapes lol.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How did you two feels about the opulence? I'm curious which stone will be more popular over time. Both are drool worthy to me :drool:

I like the Opulence and I would have recommended it over a generic stone to someone looking to buy an oval. But looking at this new vintage cut, I'm trying to figure out how I can set aside some cash to buy one myself! It's stunning!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I liked the Opulence though the reduction in face up size gave me pause (of course, that is the price of ideal performance!) So I am very interested to see how these ones face up.

IMO it's much like comparing MRB to OEC. Different flavours of cut altogether.

thebrady28

Rough_Rock
I've just ordered a Opulence... now seeing these come up has made me second think.
But believe it's still want my partner would want :|

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m sure the opulence will be stunning. Unless your intended has expressed that they like the look of old cuts (chunkier flashes), I would think the opulence is actually a ‘safer’ bet if she prefers the sparkle of modern cut stones.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
They're different styles from what I've seen. Don't think it's a case of upgrade.
Just more so this new/old style wasn't available from AV

Totally agree. Thinking more along lines of proposal timing and availability of the new oval. Trying to keep options open if want bigger stone in future. At least with same vendor if offers upgrade policy.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Well I would be delighted to own either but this new oval is particularly appealing to me with those broad facets. Thanks for posting the link!

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
I think I prefer the opulence because it has a rounded table. It's hard, because of course the new august vintage is gorgeous. Just not sure about the rectangle table. I would be happy with either though! :dance:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This comparison is most certainly modern cut v. old cut styles.

Both cuts should catch the attention of oval lovers. Which one they choose will greatly depend on their preferences.

The Opulent Oval is Cut for ideal proportions, and is the first of its kind, in this shape.
The AV Oval adds another old cut (newly cut) option to the market. No doubt, the AV Oval will have better proportions than any other antique oval out there!!

I just love Jon’s constant drive to achieve more!! Dreaming of an AV EC!! The Moissanites are gorgeous!! Imagine an AVEC DIAMOND!! GAH!!! :eek2:

Great post, OP!! These choices will present a challenge to those who appreciate both modern and antique cuts! :mrgreen2:

foundlove25

Rough_Rock
Bumping.
I would love to hear what others think of this new stone! And of the opulence of course ;-) LOVE what is going on at AV!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would anyone be interested in buying this Elyque and setting?
See my Avatar
Let me know

You should make a post on the pre-loved forum...which means you'll need to make a listing on loupetroop or diamond bistro.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results