shape
carat
color
clarity

Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom - engagement ring

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently the pair were engaged on Valentine's day and this photo appeared on Perry's instagram page that day. I'm assuming this stunner is the engagement ring. Nice to see someone do something different. Love it!

Katy Perry engagement ring.jpeg

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Apparently the pair were engaged on Valentine's day and this photo appeared on Perry's instagram page that day. I'm assuming this stunner is the engagement ring. Nice to see someone do something different. Love it!

Gorgeous!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another pic. The one he gave Miranda Kerr is quite similar only it's all diamonds and white metal. Seems as though he's fond of the flower in bloom theme =)2

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 6.37.48 PM.png

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't love the color of the center stone, but I like seeing some yellow gold now and then!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
According to the Daily Mail. Andrew Brown, President, WP Diamonds told E! News.'Katy's ring would retail in the range of $5 million.
I love the ring but am wondering if the amount it's worth hasn't been wildly exaggerated. The sum is based on the assumption that the main stone is a diamond. I know it's difficult to tell from pictures but is it more likely a ruby or pink sapphire?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Polished Pitching Holly Wood to the Daily Mail is a local tradition.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks more like a pinkish Ruby than a diamond, and rubies have been perfectly acceptable engagement ring stone for ages. I don't know why tabloids have to post these wild estimates of celebrity e rings.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring isn’t my favorite style or stone but I am glad she is happy! She seems like a nice person and I hope she finds a lifetime of happiness!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read somewhere that it’s vintage, which is cool! I think it really suits her although maybe not practical for every day wear.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not my style at all.. no flowers for me.. but I do appreciate all the flower rings, it would just be too much for my old fingers. I hope this marriage works for them. I hope the red stone is a sapphire, or maybe a ruby.. 5 million? no way.. they seem a good fit! love sapphires, I really like the ring of the princess Beatrice? or the other one not sure, but it's a pink stone... I really love that ring and I am not a pink person!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I was alone in not loving this ring as an engagement ring. Very pretty for a cocktail ring but there is something about the proportions that is throwing me off. That Penelope Cruz one, swoon. I think the diamonds are smaller in the PC one which appeals to me.

Jazzybling

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring! It looks like a ruby to me! $5 million? What a joke...

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I think they're a good looking couple. And the ring is unique, which I love to see!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I can see why he did that! Our aesthetic preferences don't change from relationship to relationship, at least from my observation. Just like our personalities are the same, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who *really dynamically* changes/shifts who they are over a lifetime.

For me, I have a love affair with Emerald cut diamonds. Was gifted a gorgeous engagement ring the first time around, less than gorgeous marriage. This time around I'm still drawn to Emerald cuts... and might have picked one again if I didn't discover the love of precisely cut stones (nerd alert). What would have been weird was reusing the ring and/or stones IMO. The style is just a preference I think.

I'm laughing... glad I have such an opinion about someone else's ring! Lol. Such is life as a Pricescoper!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way it’s a pink diamond, so no way it’s worth $5 million. Besides, he’s not that rich - he did a few movies sure but both Miranda and Katy would have more of their own $$$$ in their bank accounts.
I’d put my money on it being a pink sapphire, nice size diamond halo though and I think it’s actually an antique ring.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it was pretty but it seems more like a right hand ring than an e ring, although I know colored stones are popular. I think it’s more about the style of it. But, I’m sure that’s just me.

I don’t think it’s worth 5 million either. Someone want you to believe that, but really it looks like it could be had for less than 10k to me.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also don't see how that ring goes with her personal style, other than it has color. I think a big yellow diamond in a cool geometric setting would suit her better. Perhaps Orlando should have visited Pricescope? :saint:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She may have faced what a lot of women face when given a ring chosen by the husband or wife without asking first. An upgrade may happen after the wedding.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it. Though, I love different shapes and non classic rings. I think it goes with her personality =)2.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a typical ering where I am (conservative part of France). They call it pompadour style (CS and diamond halo). I know several women who have those rings. One has a TDF Ruby (hg colour, true antique) with prong set diamonds and I'd even think hers is a tad larger (both center and halo stones) . So the 5m would be overpaying by a LOT.

I'd personally not be too happy to receive a ring very similar to my fiancées ex wife... Just because his name is bloom he seems to stick to a bloom style. But I'd be p'od about the lack of thought. You can find zillions of bloom inspired settings... Sorry for the rant

ETA: didn't read all the comments before answering .. I was just ranting away... I not replying to anyone (@LinSF your reasoning makes perfect sense too)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in this ring. I like it fine for a RHR, but it just doesn't do it for me at all as an ering. He's been engaged a few times... we'll see how long this lasts. #DebbieDowner #sorrynotsorry #preggohormones LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results