shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Expert Selection 1.6ct I color with Strong Fluorescence?

ACA Dia

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I just bought a stone from WF and it is coming in the mail soon.
But I wanna know if I made the right decision choosing a stone with strong blue fluorescence?
The diamond is 1.676 ct I color VS2.
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4087218.htm
Depth % 61.2
Table % 56.5
Crown Angle 34.4
Star 51.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8
Crown % 14.8
Lower Girdle % 76.0
7.63x7.68x4.69 mm
Price I paid was $11830. I saw the price and the size of the stone, and I decided to go with it.
WF rep said the only reason this stone didn't make it to ACA was that they don't allow stones with fluorescence to be ACA.
WF confirmed that the stone is crisp and transparent so there is no issue of haziness/cloudiness.
It looks totally eye-clean face up but she can see inclusion when looking at pavillion angle if you have trained eyes and know exactly where to look.
I was hoping that the strong blue fluorescence will make my diamond look whiter than it is. But when I asked her to compare it to H stone, she said H looked whiter.
This is my very first diamond purchase that is going to be used in my engagement ring. What is your opinion of this stone?

Last edited:

ACA Dia

Rough_Rock

this is the link to the video of the stone. She said this is how the diamond will look in normal iindoor lighting. Any thoughts?

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi there. Not a gal though (there are a few regulars on PS who are men).

Unless your regular environment has lots of strong UV light sources, the strong blue fluor will likely not activate. Therefore, generally speaking the H will be more colourless than the I will in most indoor lighting conditions. Outside in sunlight is where your I with SBF might overtake the H colourwise.

The stone you chose is a beautiful one. I would not hesitate. Once you set this, you’re unlikely to be able to notice the inclusion looking pavilion side unless your setting is quite open.

ACA Dia

Rough_Rock
@bmfang Hi Sir! I edited out "girls" in the post lol
Thank you for your reassuring reply. I literally bought it the day it was uploaded to WF site. I felt like it was such a deal and I don't think I will mind fluorescence but we will see when I see the stone in person. I cannot wait to take it outside!
I am a little worried about I color too whether it will be too yellow. I've seen so many videos to calm myself down.
As for inclusion Brittany did say that once set, it will likely be invisible. I am thinking about having it set in Tiffany six prong setting or Amber from BE.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Don’t worry about “I” color ! It’s still pretty white ! I would say “J” is when you can start to see yellowing face up ! Please , share your experience when recive the stone.

beardog

Rough_Rock
Hi there, full disclosure... I'm also a boy :roll2:
I don't think I'll ever really understand the whole negligible fluor vs strong etc with the AGS scale. I have a neg ACA 'i' that is quite fluorescent. If u look at my previous posts you can see how much. But really no ill effects & looks very white.
It seems to me you got an ACA with an ES price tag!!
Plus if the inclusion or pricetag bother you.. you can still upgrade for peanuts
Congrats

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't worry about the I color, or about the flour. WF selects stones very carefully for ES/ACA, so I think you'll be really happy with it. That particular ES looks especially good!

ACA Dia

Rough_Rock
@Golden_bird Hi, I will certainly give you guys an update once I receive my stone!
@beardog how funny, I've actually read two of your posts before! Do you still like that diamond? I don't think I'll mind tiny tiny almost invisible inclusion and I am happy with price tag.
@ratatat thank you! I cannot wait to see the stone myself!
@lovedogs Yeah that's why I committed right away. If it made it to ES, it must be a darn good looking stone.

One funny thing is, after I made my purchase. I got my fedex tracking number that says my package will arrive this monday. However, I get three separate emails from WF. Two of them says it will be delivered tmr and one says it will be delivered tonight!! lol I just bought my stone around 3 or 4pm lol...not sure how fast fedex delivers from TX to NY but they can't be that fast :lol:

beardog

Rough_Rock
Yes absolutely. Just got it back from being resized the other day & the memory of it while being away for a few days didn't do justice to how much of a fireball it is. They're really amazing.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would buy it in a nano! it's gorgeous.. you will have a unique stone under black lights! ACAs are perfect.. I have 2 outta 3 on my 3 stone ring one is expert selection but it only missed by a teeny little curve of the heart and the WF lady said it was beautful and I cannot tell the difference in brilliance, fire! went with the ES because I was matching stones on right and left by size.. I love that ring, my most favorite ring I have ever had..(notice I love talking about me?!) back to you.. it looks lovely, you must show pix.. I think dealing with WF and GOG have been my most happy experiences in my long long life of diamonds. :)

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ACA Dia You’ve selected a beauty! :love: Can’t wait to see what you think when you have it in hand; do come back and post pics & your observations.

I may be biased, as I have a WF ES as well that also missed the branding due to fluorescence. I love it and get compliments on it all the time.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First off, congrats on the new stone and all the awesomeness that is to follow as your life is about to change forever.

Secondly, this stone has great proportions. That 56.5 table with 34.4/40.8 angle combo lined up with some fat 76 lgf/arrows will make for quite the sparkle bomb! That angle combo is near perfect Tolk and one many seek. Great, great job!

Third, I looked at the inclusion plot. It seems you have a tiny white crystal on the table. Overall, it looks to be very clean. I seriously doubt you or about 99% of others would ever notice anything in normal every day life.

Lastly we get to color and fluor. Both these matters are very subjective and more of a personal preference than anything. Very color sensitive people may see some minor tint in an I stone. Less sensitive people won't notice. The vast majority won't care when they watch it do the magic fire dance.

I bought my girl an H VS2 with medium blue fluor from BGD. It's a gorgeous stone and neither of us are affected by the MBF. We are both color sensitive so we can see tint from certain angles, etc. Its very minor and not something our family and friends has noticed. She is more color sensitive than me and consequently more easily sees it. Also she says she isn't bothered by it. As such, if we do an upgrade we will probably be an F+ color buyer because of her sensitivity but it's staying as is for now as it's a minor ordeal overall. Had I known she was that color sensitive I would have gone up but live and learn, eh?

In regards to the MBF, it hasn't been our experience it really helps whiten the stone much. Under the right conditions you may get a little perk but its minor overall. What it did do along with your SBF is help get a killer cut stone for considerably less money than a stone with faint fluor. As long as the fluor isn causing negative effects this is a major winning my books as you definitely saved cash and while it won't magically make your I an H, it does give a very small perk of color in the right conditions.

Overall, I think you did great! Especially for the money and size. Plus a H&A stone with access to a fabulous upgrade program!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you did great. That is a gorgeous diamond! The video is absolutely stunning!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very nice stone. I wouldn't worry about the SB fluor. ;))

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see hand shots. I think it is a beautiful stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results