shape
carat
color
clarity

Stack of the day thread

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Bunnycat! Your wedding set is so beautiful! My idea of the perfect stack, in yellow gold.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Bunnycat! Your wedding set is so beautiful! My idea of the perfect stack, in yellow gold.

thank you kindly tigertales! RG/YG is the best. :) I gave it a long try with white metals, but always kept attempting to add color somewhere....this is a better fit for me for sure.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
004BE59E-828D-438E-85AB-40AA1C31E5B9.png
My .40 M color bezel ring in her first stack with her sisters in warmth! :lol-2:

Attachments

• BAD15A9C-F8BC-4694-8554-B8C4E0230427.jpeg
    BAD15A9C-F8BC-4694-8554-B8C4E0230427.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 23

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you @Mamabean and @Alex T. I was very lucky to get it. I had a 3 stone cushion cut ring that I never really loved that I purchased from a local jeweler. They give full trade in on your purchase price so I asked him to try to find an OEC for me and of the two he found, this is the one I picked. And it was pretty much an even trade! It's a K VS1 just over 2.1 carats and I love it. Still in it''s temp setting though after a 4 years.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
004BE59E-828D-438E-85AB-40AA1C31E5B9.png
My .40 M color bezel ring in her first stack with her sisters in warmth! :lol-2:

Hey MB, I love LOVE the smaller diamond solitaires in a 3 stack. I just think it makes everything look compatible and like one heck of a sparkly little wide band.

Woot!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey MB, I love LOVE the smaller diamond solitaires in a 3 stack. I just think it makes everything look compatible and like one heck of a sparkly little wide band.

Woot!
Thank you @tigertales! I have a baby halo that I wear sometimes in a stack with these bands. The center is a .25..I think it’s so sweet..

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @tigertales! I have a baby halo that I wear sometimes in a stack with these bands. The center is a .25..I think it’s so sweet..

Remember how Elizabeth Taylor had a suite of mini diamond solitaires that she and Burton called the "Ping Pong rings" ? I've always loved a perfect "mini" ER. Has anyone started a thread along these lines?
( oh, and my first ER was a mini...and I loved it, wish I'd never traded it up! so stupid. It was lively as heck. means more to me now for sentimental reasons. It was what he could afford, and he gave it with all his heart...)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember how Elizabeth Taylor had a suite of mini diamond solitaires that she and Burton called the "Ping Pong rings" ? I've always loved a perfect "mini" ER. Has anyone started a thread along these lines?
( oh, and my first ER was a mini...and I loved it, wish I'd never traded it up! so stupid. It was lively as heck. means more to me now for sentimental reasons. It was what he could afford, and he gave it with all his heart...)
I never knew she had mini diamond solitaires..I have to find pics of them!
I’m sorry you miss your ring...:(2

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lickout:
This is one of the many reasons I love PS so much!!!! One more item for my wish list!!!
Me too! I’m thinking in different shapes..and one in a sapphire..What do you think?

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
I read this story in Taylor's book about how the Ping Pong ring ( she had won a little ping pong game with Burton, and this was the 'prize' she wanted! ) started out as just a search for not only the tiniest solitaire, but it had to be the most perfect. She ended up with three unintentionally, because she and Burton couldn't decide between them after going to several jewlers in Gstaad, so he said...well just get all of them! But supposedly, they are each really, really good diamonds. Just mini !
She wore them on her pinky finger, stacked, most of the time.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
A sapphire would look really pretty, and so elegant.
I have no idea how to buy a loose sapphire because I know nothing about windows, etc. I think I’ll stick to diamonds. I know diamonds..haha

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea how to buy a loose sapphire because I know nothing about windows, etc. I think I’ll stick to diamonds. I know diamonds..haha
But seriously, Mamabean, your flower ring...I would never take it off! How about a little sapphire half-eternity ring in vintage style baguettes to go with it? If you're craving some blue.
I'll post a pic if I come across one!:wavey:

oh I found this...don't you just love it?
http://andrewsmithjewellers.co.uk/product/sapphire-diamond-half-eternity-ring-1

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
But seriously, Mamabean, your flower ring...I would never take it off! How about a little sapphire half-eternity ring in vintage style baguettes to go with it? If you're craving some blue.
I'll post a pic if I come across one!:wavey:
Thank you! I’ve been wearing her on my left hand with my Embrace band. I’m afraid I love her more than Lentil.
I actually was looking at all sapphire eternity bands today. I would want it in an eternity because I’m so tired of fixing the half eternities. I have no problem with my 3/4 diamond one...but the halves drive me crazy. I want a preloved one in a size 7. I take a 6.25 but I like the eternities bigger..almost like a bracelet. I do have sapphire and diamond bands I haven’t worn in a while..I’ll have to dig them out..but they’re not high quality and the sapphires are dark.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
might be hard to stack with Blossom...but there's always a way! I usually just let them ride along together freeform, without thinking about it too much.

I'd post some pics (don't have any sapphire bands, tho) but I'm working on the house right now w/hubs.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
might be hard to stack with Blossom...but there's always a way! I usually just let them ride along together freeform, without thinking about it too much.

I'd post some pics (don't have any sapphire bands, tho) but I'm working on the house right now w/hubs.
I’m not going to stack Blossom..She’s going steady with the Embrace band. The sapphire one could go with Lentil..but not sure how that would work.

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
@Mamabean , I have a preloved sapphire eternity in a 7 that I'm procrastinating on making a loupe troop listing for! Maybe this is the kick I need to actually do it :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean , I have a preloved sapphire eternity in a 7 that I'm procrastinating on making a loupe troop listing for! Maybe this is the kick I need to actually do it :lol-2:
I’ll look forward to your listing..:roll2:

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Just did it! Thanks for the reminder :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results