shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I think she is holding it slightly off center but it doesn’t appear ‘off’’ to me. The best way to tell is to set the ring on its head and if there is a tilt, you will know automatically that it is off. A few more views will help you make a decision to wait or not.

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
I think she is holding it slightly off center but it doesn’t appear ‘off’’ to me. The best way to tell is to set the ring on its head and if there is a tilt, you will know automatically that it is off. A few more views will help you make a decision to wait or not.

Thank you

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
My earrings are here...
Details - 8x7mm ACC studs in 14k YG in GH colour
I am very happy with them, very well made and very sparkly...the facets on ACC are very beautiful.
Cherry was very helpful in entire process and the shipping was super fast, DHL express shipping in just 4 days from door to door. The packaging was well done with a lovely box for the earrings.
I am not good at taking pics but here is another video which Cherry sent me before shipping.

Attachments

• IMG-20190128-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20190128-WA0006.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 113

bigsparkles

Rough_Rock
My earrings are here...
Details - 8x7mm ACC studs in 14k YG in GH colour
I am very happy with them, very well made and very sparkly...the facets on ACC are very beautiful.
Cherry was very helpful in entire process and the shipping was super fast, DHL express shipping in just 4 days from door to door. The packaging was well done with a lovely box for the earrings.
I am not good at taking pics but here is another video which Cherry sent me before shipping.
The earrings are beautiful! Can we get some ear shots when you get a chance. also, I’m looking into getting the same pair of earrings when they return from holiday. May I ask how much you paid for yours? Sorry if you already shared earlier in the thread.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
The earrings are beautiful! Can we get some ear shots when you get a chance. also, I’m looking into getting the same pair of earrings when they return from holiday. May I ask how much you paid for yours? Sorry if you already shared earlier in the thread.
IMG-20190128-WA0006.jpg

Thank you @bigsparkles, sorry I couldn't get a better ear shot, hope this helps, very difficult to get good pictures. I paid around 460 USD including shipping and PayPal fees.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Squeeeeeee my ring arrived.

I completely love it. I am attaching some pics but they are taken in my dodgy office lighting. Will try and take more later.

So glad I went with yellow gold.

F08DA1A0-08AB-429E-B588-A65492EC9CBE.jpeg 032A2B42-CA31-41E9-9546-B67892A72931.jpeg 6A0A334A-874C-4174-BA88-20E4E29C78D2.jpeg 8EB0136A-D7CF-47D3-966F-C88CFD2EAC43.jpeg DB1F6650-26F8-42B4-A7F5-34990FA7F376.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Squeeeeeee my ring arrived.

I completely love it. I am attaching some pics but they are taken in my dodgy office lighting. Will try and take more later.

So glad I went with yellow gold.

F08DA1A0-08AB-429E-B588-A65492EC9CBE.jpeg 032A2B42-CA31-41E9-9546-B67892A72931.jpeg 6A0A334A-874C-4174-BA88-20E4E29C78D2.jpeg 8EB0136A-D7CF-47D3-966F-C88CFD2EAC43.jpeg DB1F6650-26F8-42B4-A7F5-34990FA7F376.jpeg

Wow! Seeing your ring makes me definitely want to consider Starsgem! Looks lovely!!!!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @sd_flp I need to have a proper look at home was hiding in the bathroom with it lol

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @sd_flp I need to have a proper look at home was hiding in the bathroom with it lol
Congrats! It’s nice to see a yellow gold version of this ring! I think SG has really perfected this cut. I can’t wait to get my new one. Hopefully it will be complete by the end of February. Waiting is worst part!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Awesome ring @Pennyc, more hand shots please.

tonielle

Rough_Rock
@Pennyc it looks gorgeous in yellow gold!!! :kiss2:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone I love it so much. My poor diamond looks bleh next to it.

My pics are still rubbish but here are some more with video. I need to find a way to take half decent pics with the iPhone they always seem a little blurry. Sorry about the dry puffy hands it is hot here in Australia.

I would like to get a moissanite band to replace my plain gold wedding ring for when I wear it but not sure what would sit flush.

Video inside warm downlights

Video outside partially cloudy 830am

DC59FA78-5B47-49F9-B51C-2F8080DB278E.jpeg 40CE6FC7-10AF-4AF8-A132-6382393F1016.jpeg 3B03932F-305E-4FE7-829A-EBDD48E094CB.jpeg 4BC268E7-DE69-4EA7-A2FE-27AA70D1B407.jpeg 6551FA1C-140F-4C5F-8DA4-2E3B7719390F.jpeg 9B886740-AB62-4002-8A9B-D5934D83D0A0.jpeg 550E7DCD-5892-4BE2-B102-D5AF9E15FB13.jpeg

Mrsgoldie

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I hope you can give me a little advise. I'm not sure if this is th right tread to be in but Screenshot_20190208-213049.jpg Screenshot_20190208-213031.jpg IMG_20190208_104647.jpg IMG_20190208_104514.jpg I would love to get a new ering and was wondering could yous answer a few questions.

I currently have a F1 moissanite near colorless H&A, how would SG rounds compare?

What are your opinions on SGs Oec verses h&a verses brilliant round? I like them to shine, I like a bit idmf depth, the amount of sparkle doesn't bother me too much.

Do you see any yellow in your g/h rounds?

I am a size 4.75 with short fingers. Is their sizing accurate?

I am thinking three stone simular to photos l,
Is this design too ambituous?

I would like a comfort fit ring, what depth would you recommend?

I am thinking 1.8 - 2mm width. Although I want a big stone I would like the ring to be dainty (if that's possible)

From what I can see these rings have a 2.7ct centre stone with 0.45ct side. They look fab in tho photos, I'm just wondering what would you suggest the sides stones be if I get an 8.5mm?
I feel if I got a 5mm side stones they may not look great beside the 8.5mm, would the size diffence be too much? I just don't know.

What kind of rounds are in these photos? H&As?

Any recommendations for a wedding band that would look nice with ring , I don't particularly want the band to be flush with the engagement ring however I would like it to be comfort fit also.
If I decide to purchase should I go through ebay/PayPal?

Do you know of any websites I can sell my current moissy stone/rings?

Really appricate all your help xx

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all. I hope you can give me a little advise. I'm not sure if this is th right tread to be in but Screenshot_20190208-213049.jpg Screenshot_20190208-213031.jpg IMG_20190208_104647.jpg IMG_20190208_104514.jpg I would love to get a new ering and was wondering could yous answer a few questions.

I currently have a F1 moissanite near colorless H&A, how would SG rounds compare?

What are your opinions on SGs Oec verses h&a verses brilliant round? I like them to shine, I like a bit idmf depth, the amount of sparkle doesn't bother me too much.

I am thinking 1.8 - 2mm width. Although I want a big stone I would like the ring to be dainty (if that's possible)

From what I can see these rings have a 2.7ct centre stone with 0.45ct side. They look fab in tho photos, I'm just wondering what would you suggest the sides stones be if I get an 8.5mm?
I feel if I got a 5mm side stones they may not look great beside the 8.5mm, would the size diffence be too much? I just don't know.

Any recommendations for a wedding band that would look nice with ring , I don't particularly want the band to be flush with the engagement ring however I would like it to be comfort fit also.

A lot of questions so I will do my best to hit some of your main points -

You have a couple of different styles as inspiration but I see you like the trellis design. Some of them are 5 stone, 3 stone or with pears. I would suggest staying away from the moissanite pears. They are ok but not great. Same with the brilliant cut rounds from the Chinese vendors, a little too splintery looking. Most of the people have been ordering the H&A rounds from Tianyu but the ones from SG have been getting much better. I am just checking on getting a picture from someone to show you. I would stick with the H&A or OEC cuts for your ring design like your inspiration pictures.

I think for your finger size, an 8 or 8.5 mm will be fine if you like a blingy look. I would go with 4.5 or 5 mm side stones for the right balance if you are going for a 3 stone. If it is a 5 stone, then probably 5, then 3.5 or 4.5, then 3 mm for the side stones. A trellis design typically sits a little higher than other settings so it is not a problem for a band to sit flush if you like. Almost any band looks good with this design and the one I had didn’t really interfere with the prongs at all. You can look at the very beginning of this thread on page one and see a Meghan Markle version I did with a bezel band that had 8.5 mm center with .50 side stones.

I always go with G/H which still faces up white but this is really a personal choice whether you like the icy white look or something just slightly warm but still white.

For those designs and stone size, I would get a comfort fit band with a 2mm width and 1.6 mm thickness. This is sturdy enough for every day wear but still dainty enough and it will last for a long time. Dainty rings are very popular right now but they can dent and misshapen so easily when they are too thin.

SG uses paypal so you still get buyer protection and they will just send you an invoice after you have agreed on the price. You can sell any old moissanite jewelry on diamondbistro or Loupe Troupe for free.

I think SG is back on the 12th and Tianyu is back on the 15th from their holiday. You can email Cherry Zheng at [email protected] and she can assign you to a rep to give you a quote once you have settled on a design.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

This is Luckyrabbit’s latest round H&A from SG. The picture quality is not great uploading on the site but the H&A is much better than earlier version’s. The culet looks a bit bigger than Tianyu but I am not quite sure the size. I included an IG link from them and if you plan to order a round H&A, it might be best to refer to their video for the best cut.

4CF5711D-71B5-48AD-965B-C409FB5604FB.jpeg 44186C6C-9CDD-4F13-A5E4-C010A60C76D7.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtpAwUwnpjk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1mt1h8usekdg9

Attachments

• 8A177135-9625-4326-93A6-353092587360.jpeg
    8A177135-9625-4326-93A6-353092587360.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 30

Mrsgoldie

Rough_Rock
@swaye2010 thank you so much. Im just finding it so hard to find images on Instagram from SG. With regards to the 8.5mm h&r and an 8.5mm OEC does one face up bigger when looking at the stone irl?

Do u think the Tianyu OECs are nicer than stargem, have you seen comparisons. I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions :cry2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 thank you so much. Im just finding it so hard to find images on Instagram from SG. With regards to the 8.5mm h&r and an 8.5mm OEC does one face up bigger when looking at the stone irl?

Do u think the Tianyu OECs are nicer than stargem, have you seen comparisons. I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions :cry2:
If you just google Starsgem Moissanite IG, it will come up with their pages. I think some of the rep’s have their own page but the main one is moissaninte_diamonds. Since moissanites are typically measured in mm and not carat size, then an 8.5 mm round will be the same whether it is an OEC or an Ht&A. I think there were some comparison’s in the early pages of this thread. There isn’t a huge difference between the two cuts. I think the petals on the SG cut was a little thicker than Tianyu. Typically the best way to get the cut exactly as you want it, is to send them a picture and have one cut to order. The G/H ones face up pretty white in the OEC cuts...

You can also look on Alibaba and type in each of their names to see videos of each cut if that helps.

Mrsgoldie

Rough_Rock
If you just google Starsgem Moissanite IG, it will come up with their pages. I think some of the rep’s have their own page but the main one is moissaninte_diamonds. Since moissanites are typically measured in mm and not carat size, then an 8.5 mm round will be the same whether it is an OEC or an Ht&A. I think there were some comparison’s in the early pages of this thread. There isn’t a huge difference between the two cuts. I think the petals on the SG cut was a little thicker than Tianyu. Typically the best way to get the cut exactly as you want it, is to send them a picture and have one cut to order. The G/H ones face up pretty white in the OEC cuts...

You can also look on Alibaba and type in each of their names to see videos of each cut if that helps.

Thank you thank you :kiss2:

When I start dealing with SG or taignu is there a thread I can annoy people with my CADS moissy pics etc just to make sure everything looks OK and get people opinions. Or can I do it in this tread :rolleyes:

So I'm thinking a 14ct white gold engagement I currently have a palladium 2mm band, if I wore it with the the white gold would it distroy it? If I got a slim white gold band for between the two, would that be better to have as a buffer nearly.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you thank you :kiss2:

When I start dealing with SG or taignu is there a thread I can annoy people with my CADS moissy pics etc just to make sure everything looks OK and get people opinions. Or can I do it in this tread :rolleyes:

So I'm thinking a 14ct white gold engagement I currently have a palladium 2mm band, if I wore it with the the white gold would it distroy it? If I got a slim white gold band for between the two, would that be better to have as a buffer nearly.
You can put it here and people will look it over for you regarding the measurements. If you don’t get enough response, then I would start a thread for it. SG is supposed to be open again on Tuesday and Tianyu on the 15th.

It depends on the style you end up going with regarding a spacer. The trellis design means most bands can sit flush. It you have pave on your band, it may scratch the sides but that is typical with most rings. It becomes a bigger problem when it scratches the prongs very badly and may effect the integrity of the center stone. Once you get the CAD, it will be easier to see.

Iulia_m

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I’m new here, and stumbled on this thread while researching Starsgems. What do you guys think of this CAD from them? 88CA4B07-AFE8-4F60-86F6-561536F5BDC2.jpeg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I’m new here, and stumbled on this thread while researching Starsgems. What do you guys think of this CAD from them? 88CA4B07-AFE8-4F60-86F6-561536F5BDC2.jpeg
The prongs are always shown this way on the CAD’s. It won’t look like that in the finished ring. I am trying to understand from your CAD if that is a curved band? I am just asking so I can tell if the band might rub against your ring. I also think you should bump the thickness from 1.5 to 1.6 mm. Since your finger is on the smaller side, I think that will be ok. If it is too thin, it will start warping in a very short amount of time. Also tell SG that you want the dimensions to finish at the dimensions on the CAD. If you don’t, then it could end up being thinner after their polishing process.

One last thing - if you are getting a round, I would suggest getting a H&A cut vs a round brilliant. We typically ask for the cut with strong arrows and they will know what that means.

Iulia_m

Rough_Rock
0962517D-B96D-4A7F-BCE6-2CDCE95AA34D.jpeg FD7BB5CB-F1E1-4A6F-B706-80CD4265D9B3.jpeg 4AB8E899-C697-4E6B-BCD3-338A8FE6783E.jpeg
The prongs are always shown this way on the CAD’s. It won’t look like that in the finished ring. I am trying to understand from your CAD if that is a curved band? I am just asking so I can tell if the band might rub against your ring. I also think you should bump the thickness from 1.5 to 1.6 mm. Since your finger is on the smaller side, I think that will be ok. If it is too thin, it will start warping in a very short amount of time. Also tell SG that you want the dimensions to finish at the dimensions on the CAD. If you don’t, then it could end up being thinner after their polishing process.

One last thing - if you are getting a round, I would suggest getting a H&A cut vs a round brilliant. We typically ask for the cut with strong arrows and they will know what that means.

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, it is a curved band. I will ask them to bump the thickness and see about switching from brilliant cut to heart and arrows. I’m posting a picture of my inspiration ring so that you’ll get a better idea of what I’m after.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
0962517D-B96D-4A7F-BCE6-2CDCE95AA34D.jpeg FD7BB5CB-F1E1-4A6F-B706-80CD4265D9B3.jpeg 4AB8E899-C697-4E6B-BCD3-338A8FE6783E.jpeg

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, it is a curved band. I will ask them to bump the thickness and see about switching from brilliant cut to heart and arrows. I’m posting a picture of my inspiration ring so that you’ll get a better idea of what I’m after.
I think you ok once you bump up both of those bands to 1.6 mm. The curved band at least solves the problem of the e-ring rubbing on the prongs. It doesn’t mention the size of you center stone on your CAD but hopefully they have it in the H&A cut because it looks so much better. I am also not sure what color you are after? I would suggest G/H so the center stone doesn’t look so icy white next to your yellow gold. It will look like a slightly warmer stone but not yellow as the cuts have improved. Also tell them you want your pave to match your center stone color. They said they offer G/H pave now so get that clarified or you will notice a difference.

Iulia_m

Rough_Rock
I think you ok once you bump up both of those bands to 1.6 mm. The curved band at least solves the problem of the e-ring rubbing on the prongs. It doesn’t mention the size of you center stone on your CAD but hopefully they have it in the H&A cut because it looks so much better. I am also not sure what color you are after? I would suggest G/H so the center stone doesn’t look so icy white next to your yellow gold. It will look like a slightly warmer stone but not yellow as the cuts have improved. Also tell them you want your pave to match your center stone color. They said they offer G/H pave now so get that clarified or you will notice a difference.

Thank you, I just messaged them about bumping the bands up and switching to a heart and arrows stone. You think EF will be too icy in yellow gold? I’m worried about GH maybe having yellow tones, won’t the stone reflect the gold?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, I just messaged them about bumping the bands up and switching to a heart and arrows stone. You think EF will be too icy in yellow gold? I’m worried about GH maybe having yellow tones, won’t the stone reflect the gold?
It depends on your preference and how color sensitive you are. The E/F stones are icy white and they seem to look better in white colored metal’s. I had a G/H oval and yellow gold setting and the stones reflected a more buttery color but it is not the type of yellow like older versions of moissanites. I think it is a more realistic diamond looking color, IMO.

jso72

Rough_Rock
View attachment 675448 Hi all! Do you think you can give me a hand with my cads please? My main concern is ring #1. I was asked what size side stones & guessed 1.6, I'm not sure if that's the right size for the look of the ring. Will I lose enough metal with polishing or should I have them adjust the shank(?) mm
On ring #2 the main stone is supposed to be 8x7 ACC. The CAD is showing an ec I don't know if that's a problem. I will attach pics. Thank you in advance & thank you all for the inspiration you all have provided & the hours of eye candy! mmexport1550315820936.jpg Screenshot_20190131-001739_Brave.jpg Screenshot_20190131-001832_Brave.jpg

jso72

Rough_Rock
Here is the 2nd ring mmexport1550315826426.jpg 20190121_204536.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the 2nd ring mmexport1550315826426.jpg 20190121_204536.jpg
I think the size of your side stones are fine along with the width of the ring. I would bump the thickness up to 1.6 mm on both rings so it is a little more sturdy and won’t bend over time.

I am trying to understand what your concern is about the center stonein ring #2. Is the first one supposed to be an old European cut? The 2nd one is showing a square cushion and not an old European. Is that what you were after because that is what they are showing on the CAD? It is a square, elongated cushion that is 8x7.

jso72

Rough_Rock
The 2nd is supposed to be a elongated cushion the CAD picture just looked like a emerald cut to me & I wasn't sure if I should point out to them what cut its supposed to be =)2 the 1st is oec. I will bump the thickness up. Thank you!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
The 2nd is supposed to be a elongated cushion the CAD picture just looked like a emerald cut to me & I wasn't sure if I should point out to them what cut its supposed to be =)2 the 1st is oec. I will bump the thickness up. Thank you!
I looked back on my CAD for an antique cushion and it does look a bit different. Best to be sure so I would confirm that you want the cushion and not an emerald cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results