shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your dream hair color and style?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having fun imagining different hair styles and colors and am interested to see what PSers would choose if they could magically choose any hair style and hair color their heart desires.

calvinandhobbeshair.gif

Attachments

• icyblondedarkroots.jpg.png
    icyblondedarkroots.jpg.png
    384.8 KB · Views: 63
  • whiteblondehairexamples.jpg.png
    whiteblondehairexamples.jpg.png
    487.2 KB · Views: 67
  • whiteblondedarkroots.jpg.png
    whiteblondedarkroots.jpg.png
    531.5 KB · Views: 18

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll go first. If I could pick any color it would be an icy white cool blonde as I just love that color and always have. With my dark bio hair it was impossible because my hair was too thin and fragile to be totally bleached of the dark brown color it used to be.

And I love shoulder length wavy non frizzy hair. Either shorter in back and longer on the sides (Lob) or all over same length about 16". My dream hair.

Some examples.

whiteblondehairexamples.jpg.png

icyblondedarkroots.jpg.png

This color.

whiteblondedarkroots.jpg.png

Would love to see examples of your dream hair...and even better if your hair is your dream hair please share with us!

calling @Matata... your hair is dreamy.:love:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hair was colored way too light this last go around, I am having it colored just like this woman’s. I also have her haircut, just a bit shorter. I’m growing it as long as her’s though...so I would say she has my current dream hair. 8BCAB4C4-658F-45D8-8132-3800553EA28F.jpeg

When my hair finally turns completely gray...it’s halfway there, this is my dream hair. Oh I love this hair with all of my heart.

33D0A8D7-CEBD-40CB-865A-E36ED04FCE87.jpeg 24BE3AAE-11D4-4D31-B0B1-AE570D6C7784.jpeg 8F215FD9-F479-4F49-9B5E-3751DD6F16D1.jpeg 5485D3F0-202A-4710-BD98-D8BB312B7E1B.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat I love these :kiss2:

My hair was colored way too light this last go around, I am having it colored just like this woman’s. I also have her haircut, just a bit shorter. I’m growing it as long as her’s though...so I would say she has my current dream hair. 8BCAB4C4-658F-45D8-8132-3800553EA28F.jpeg

When my hair finally turns completely gray...it’s halfway there, this is my dream hair. Oh I love this hair with all of my heart.

33D0A8D7-CEBD-40CB-865A-E36ED04FCE87.jpeg 24BE3AAE-11D4-4D31-B0B1-AE570D6C7784.jpeg 8F215FD9-F479-4F49-9B5E-3751DD6F16D1.jpeg 5485D3F0-202A-4710-BD98-D8BB312B7E1B.jpeg

LOVE.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hair is a weird natural grey with darker hair underneath. I would love to try some temporary colour like lavender or pale pink, but my DH and stylist pooh-pooh the idea. Pfft. Truthfully, because it is all natural now, I would worry if some of that colour would stay forever--it does in my youngest daughter's hair. My hair sometimes looks platinum blonde, which is weird too. I honestly preferred my natural brunette colour, but I started to go grey in my 20's so, not happening!:P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hair is a weird natural grey with darker hair underneath. I would love to try some temporary colour like lavender or pale pink, but my DH and stylist pooh-pooh the idea. Pfft. Truthfully, because it is all natural now, I would worry if some of that colour would stay forever--it does in my youngest daughter's hair. My hair sometimes looks platinum blonde, which is weird too. I honestly preferred my natural brunette colour, but I started to go grey in my 20's so, not happening!:P2

Its incredible how hair can dramatically change one’s appearance. One thing you can do if you’re curious is buy some inexpensive wigs in colors and styles you like and have fun with it. I always thought I should have been born platinum and my hairdresser pooh poohed it too. But turns out I was right. IMO.

I want this color but in a rooted version. Still searching.
052863CA-F52D-4D52-AE01-F7777A2BBDA5.jpeg

There are so many amazing colors available in alternate hair (toppers and wigs) at all different price points. I bet you would look beautiful in pale pink. :kiss2: And if not you didn’t risk the integrity of your hair. So no real risk.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It hasn't crossed my mind to change - my hair is very trivial & so much part of me.

Going white has crossed my mind (too much chemistry). Indigo is a favorite color (not on a dark brunette background, however - blue-black like my pet raven of once upon a time!)

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were a dictator:
ee8ed0d666012b8e518608e65c88b5fc

Otherwise:
7de430ceeb79aa08d9994797337d0f61.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were a dictator:
ee8ed0d666012b8e518608e65c88b5fc

Otherwise:
7de430ceeb79aa08d9994797337d0f61.jpg

I love that red color. I am going to have to find a red like that to try. Gorgeous.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When my hair grows up, it wants to be like my friend @KKJohnson's hair. I wasn't sure if she was ok with me posting a photo here. But trust me, it's gorgeous, natural curls!!

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I tend play around with my hair color. I've had it blood red (right now), white, silver blue, purple, cobalt blue, copper, blonde, pink, black (not a fan), etc. I love keeping it short, spiky, and asymmetrical (chin length to shoulder length and spiky on top). The longest that I've had my hair grow out was mid-back and I had it my favorite color combination which was purple and blue (attached photo of my hair back then). Right now I have it blood red because I didn't want to go too crazy in graduate school, but then I see that there are a lot of people who have bright hair and now I'm thinking of future colors lol.
I dye my hair myself because I am super careful with timing and the products that I use. I research a lot before I try any new products. I have had hair salons damage my hair because they would either use bad quality products, too strong products, or keep it on too long. My dream hair color changes every 3-4 months.:lol:
2017-12-02_16-20-06_960.jpeg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had thick, straight, shiny hair.

Instead I have:
thin, curly (like shirley temple tight coils) that's prone to frizzing and not always shiny hair. lol!

I dye my hair a chestnut color, which looks best on me. Lately I wear my hair in 2 french braids when I don't feel like dealing with my curls or washing it lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to have balayage har, but I understand it isn’t for covering grey. Maybe they can do a double or triple process, but then you risk damaged hair.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Golden blonde precious bob. This isn't that much different than what I have. But it takes way too much effort to style it so perfectly so mine is a bit less blunt. I'm boring, I know! But i have always liked shorter hair. o.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, some really lovely styles in this thread. @missy You look beautiful in whatever color and style you wear. But I do love your natural hair the most! It’s so youthful and just....you! =)2
Ironically, my dream hair style and color I achieved a year and a half ago. Never to be replicated again :lol: I have no idea why it looked so nice that day...I would love to have it look like this every day! :wall:

And my 16 yo apricot poodle looked pretty cute too!

9F2C462C-C366-443E-BA49-2ED7CBEAE147.jpeg

Attachments

• DA5AD6D5-0FC3-4F51-888C-0303AD4E41B6.jpeg
    DA5AD6D5-0FC3-4F51-888C-0303AD4E41B6.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 15

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This pic below.

My hair (before it started dropping - again!;() was close to this - in volume, colour, texture and length. I just had 4-5 inches chopped off and it's therefore a lot shorter. It's also thinner compared to before and to this pic. I've started doing a few things which seem to be slowing down the hair loss, so hopefully I could get my crowning glory back at some point!! {{PRAYING HARD!!}}

105063216-brunette-asian-girl-with-long-curly-hair.jpg

Last edited:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
22AEA1E7-9F53-444D-914F-BD68D63D3340.jpeg

If I could grow my hair I would love this. The cut and colour are beautiful. Problem is my hair falls out a lot once it reaches a certain length and it drives me mad.

993E2F15-A1A1-4E19-948A-97CF1AA08835.jpeg

I really love Dominique Sachse’s hair on this photo. It’s so pretty. I’ve given up on growing my hair long so this would be perfect for me.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my hair. It's doing it's own thing in the color department!
I have never dyed it.
I've tossed around the idea of letting it get long, but I'm worried it might be aging on me. But the long hair that @House Cat posted is really gorgeous!
IMG_20180403_122005836.jpg IMG_20180403_122032318.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
such a fun thread! I think Ruby Rose is one of the most beautiful people in the world, and have always envied everything about her look. Style, haircut, everything!

This is my favorite.
Ruby-Rose-Cropped.jpg

b99f125a0956d1e622b9206b3db03ff7--ruby-rose.jpg

And I love bold colors. I have a deep reddish brown color now, but wish I could go for something more red/purple.

Burgundy-Red-Pixie-Cut-1.jpg

Or something where the color is "hidden"

30a69f3e01964365d3ada71016900289.jpg

large.jpg

But in this style (more like Ruby Rose)
Trendy-Shaved-Short-Haircut-Long-Pixie-Hairstyle-for-Women.jpg

13-pixie-bob-with-highlights.jpg

My current hair is a shaggy bob, but not asymmetrical or quite this short.

Attachments

• original-7998-1453328630-13.jpg
    original-7998-1453328630-13.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 18

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I always wanted purple hair, but I can only have natural colours because of work.
I did this with an app in 2016

purple app anon.jpg

and then I did this in the summer holidays (but it only lasted 10 days. I would need to bleach if I wanted it to last).

purple anon.jpg

It's usually a chocolatey-brown with a hint of red because I use henna and indigo to colour it and hide the greys!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@LJsapphire Does indigo (plant dye) leave in any tint in without bleaching? (I can play for once)

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LJsapphire Does indigo (plant dye) leave in any tint in without bleaching? (I can play for once)

as far as I know on it's own it's a blue-black, but with henna & indigo you can go from black, or very dark brown to reddish brown/ burgundy. It fades over time on me, I haven't done my hair since October and my greys are coming through, it's also lightened to more of my natural medium brown. Going to colour again this week.
This website has a lot of info https://www.ancientsunrise.blog/henna-hair-book/
there is a chapter called "plants that dye hair" which includes indigo.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am drooling here over all these gorgeous hair styles and colors!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I tend play around with my hair color. I've had it blood red (right now), white, silver blue, purple, cobalt blue, copper, blonde, pink, black (not a fan), etc. I love keeping it short, spiky, and asymmetrical (chin length to shoulder length and spiky on top). The longest that I've had my hair grow out was mid-back and I had it my favorite color combination which was purple and blue (attached photo of my hair back then). Right now I have it blood red because I didn't want to go too crazy in graduate school, but then I see that there are a lot of people who have bright hair and now I'm thinking of future colors lol.
I dye my hair myself because I am super careful with timing and the products that I use. I research a lot before I try any new products. I have had hair salons damage my hair because they would either use bad quality products, too strong products, or keep it on too long. My dream hair color changes every 3-4 months.:lol:
2017-12-02_16-20-06_960.jpeg

LOVE LOVE LOVE this color or rather these colors. Purplicious! And if I could get away with this I for sure would. Oh to be a few decades younger!
I really love this on you. Forgive me for repeating myself but when I am enthusiastic about something I tend to go on and on and on:kiss2:

I always wanted purple hair, but I can only have natural colours because of work.
I did this with an app in 2016

purple app anon.jpg

and then I did this in the summer holidays (but it only lasted 10 days. I would need to bleach if I wanted it to last).

purple anon.jpg

It's usually a chocolatey-brown with a hint of red because I use henna and indigo to colour it and hide the greys!

LOVE!!!

Current cut/style. Can't see it in the dim house, but it's a red brown.

20190215_205124.jpg

20190215_205025.jpg

GORGEOUS!:kiss2:

such a fun thread! I think Ruby Rose is one of the most beautiful people in the world, and have always envied everything about her look. Style, haircut, everything!

This is my favorite.
Ruby-Rose-Cropped.jpg

b99f125a0956d1e622b9206b3db03ff7--ruby-rose.jpg

And I love bold colors. I have a deep reddish brown color now, but wish I could go for something more red/purple.

Burgundy-Red-Pixie-Cut-1.jpg

Or something where the color is "hidden"

30a69f3e01964365d3ada71016900289.jpg

large.jpg

But in this style (more like Ruby Rose)
Trendy-Shaved-Short-Haircut-Long-Pixie-Hairstyle-for-Women.jpg

13-pixie-bob-with-highlights.jpg

My current hair is a shaggy bob, but not asymmetrical or quite this short.

and I love your inspiration photos too.:love:

22AEA1E7-9F53-444D-914F-BD68D63D3340.jpeg

If I could grow my hair I would love this. The cut and colour are beautiful. Problem is my hair falls out a lot once it reaches a certain length and it drives me mad.

993E2F15-A1A1-4E19-948A-97CF1AA08835.jpeg

I really love Dominique Sachse’s hair on this photo. It’s so pretty. I’ve given up on growing my hair long so this would be perfect for me.

I love these hair styles and colors too. You can do this @Maisie. Your hair is so pretty though and I love your hair style and color (IG) LOVE.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This pic below.

My hair (before it started dropping - again!;() was close to this - in volume, colour, texture and length. I just had 4-5 inches chopped off and it's therefore a lot shorter. It's also thinner compared to before and to this pic. I've started doing a few things which seem to be slowing down the hair loss, so hopefully I could get my crowning glory back at some point!! {{PRAYING HARD!!}}

105063216-brunette-asian-girl-with-long-curly-hair.jpg

Super pretty and feminine. I feel your pain @Phoenix and hope you can regrow and get back to where you were. I have pretty much given up as the volume I have left is pathetic and I have areas that you can see scalp so I have accepted my condition and am dealing with it the best I can. I am happy others are sharing their hair photos and inspiration pics as it cheers me up to see such wonderful styles and colors. Sending you hair healing vibes and wishes for thick and fast growing hair.

Golden blonde precious bob. This isn't that much different than what I have. But it takes way too much effort to style it so perfectly so mine is a bit less blunt. I'm boring, I know! But i have always liked shorter hair. o.jpg

Love this @ceg. It's not exactly the same but I have a similar style (bob but asymmetrical) I like. This was a very inexpensive wig but after a little bit of alterations it fits well.

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 7.41.39 AM.png
Excuse the nightgown but it is still early here lol)
Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 7.42.06 AM.png

Oh, some really lovely styles in this thread. @missy You look beautiful in whatever color and style you wear. But I do love your natural hair the most! It’s so youthful and just....you! =)2
Ironically, my dream hair style and color I achieved a year and a half ago. Never to be replicated again :lol: I have no idea why it looked so nice that day...I would love to have it look like this every day! :wall:

And my 16 yo apricot poodle looked pretty cute too!

9F2C462C-C366-443E-BA49-2ED7CBEAE147.jpeg

I LOVE your hair and your color so much and your sweet apricot poodle. (((HUGS))) to both of you. And thank you for your always kind and sweet and lovely comments. You are one of the loveliest people I know online or IRL. Sending you good thoughts healing vibes and much love.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my hair. It's doing it's own thing in the color department!
I have never dyed it.
I've tossed around the idea of letting it get long, but I'm worried it might be aging on me. But the long hair that @House Cat posted is really gorgeous!
IMG_20180403_122005836.jpg IMG_20180403_122032318.jpg

THUD! @stracci2000 your hair and the color is TDF gorgeous! Please do not change the color. I would do anything for such a natural beautiful color. And I think you are right that the length keeps it very youthful. My hairdresser told me that by letting my longish hair go gray it is aging. But I cannot color it since I am losing it rapidly so will just leave it as is and then cut it all off when I have to. I would rather have a buzz cut then balding patches everywhere.

Anyway I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair. It's perfect as is IMO. Soft, pretty and glamorous and elegant. Just like you. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It hasn't crossed my mind to change - my hair is very trivial & so much part of me.

Going white has crossed my mind (too much chemistry). Indigo is a favorite color (not on a dark brunette background, however - blue-black like my pet raven of once upon a time!)

Yes our hair is trivial and we are not our hair. But it is not trivial in the way it makes us feel. And when one is losing one's hair one realizes just how important hair can be as a part of one's identity. But as you know I am in the process of making peace with what I cannot change and I am doing OK most of the time. One day at a time. (((Hugs))) dear @AV_. And fwiw I think you would look amazing with blue black indigo hair. One of my favorite colors.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1746 (2).jpg IMG_2793 (2).jpg

This is what it looks like currently but it's getting a bit fine at the ends, so I wish it was thicker.
Beautiful hair! I used to have this hair! (many moons ago)
I bet you get lots of compliments!:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results