shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell's Orchids ring and Good Old Gold's Solasfera Princess.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
This is a gift for my daughter on her coming wedding, I bought a princess diamond from Good old Gold and it was Solasfera cut, I asked Matt to send it to Mark Morrell who had envisioned a ring setting he called Orchids under his doodle page which combines Platinum and rose gold, I liked the setting and showed it to my daughter and she loved it so we went for it, today the ring arrived and nothing less than spectacular and stunning could be said about it, will have hand shots to follow, this is my second time experience with both Good Old Gold and Mark Morrell and I can testify to the high standard they set in both professional, courteous, honesty business dealing and to specifically the high bar Mark Morrell sets in craftsmanship:

The Orchids Ring:

More photos to follow.

Last edited:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! :love: What a lucky daughter!!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
You are such a great mama!! Beautiful - congratulations!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an amazing ring OMG!!!!!! It’s seriosky one of the most beautiful rings I’ve seen.
Does the fiancé by jewelry for your daughter as well? If so what did he get? Just curious.
(Btw I think it’s the dad not the mom posting here)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! She is such a lucky girl. :) Feel free to post photos of the other pieces you've bought from Mark Morrell; he's a great favorite here on PS!

(...and yes, @SandyK - definitely dad - and a wonderful one, too, apparently!)

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
This is an amazing ring OMG!!!!!! It’s seriosky one of the most beautiful rings I’ve seen.
Does the fiancé by jewelry for your daughter as well? If so what did he get? Just curious.
(Btw I think it’s the dad not the mom posting here)
Yes, he already proposed with diamond bracelet and gold ring and at the wedding likely he will gift a diamond ring, it is still a surprise, however I told my daughters on their wedding day each one of them will have a gift. After this wedding is over I will still have two to go...LOL.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful gift - your daughters are very fortunate!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh whoops :oops: -- sorry @Doc_1 and thanks @motownmama @mrs-b -- how very sexist of me to assume it was mom not dad, eek! I guess I was just projecting how it would be in my house, haha. (And btw I think this makes the story even better - I love it when the men are so invested, involved, and committed to the absolute best when it comes to bling!)

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Oh whoops :oops: -- sorry @Doc_1 and thanks @motownmama @mrs-b -- how very sexist of me to assume it was mom not dad, eek! I guess I was just projecting how it would be in my house, haha. (And btw I think this makes the story even better - I love it when the men are so invested, involved, and committed to the absolute best when it comes to bling!)
My daughter's happiness with her fiancee and the love I see in their eyes to each other makes me very happy, this piece of Jewelry will be a memory in her hand from her dad that loves her and cares for her.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Please post some more pictures of this ring. This is one I saved for many years from Mark Morrell's page and I would like to see more of how it came out.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do.
I will also post hand shots.
Those pictures from Mark when he finished the ring:

Princess Custom plat_18k red_006S.JPG Princess Custom plat_18k red_006TOP.JPG Princess Custom plat_18k red_009S.JPG Princess Custom plat_18k red_010S.JPG Princess Custom plat_18k red_011S.JPG Princess Custom plat_18k red_013s.JPG Princess Custom plat_18k red_014S.JPG

I love how substantial the band is on this ring. Will it be for your daughters right hand, presuming she will have wedding rings on her left? It’s such a beautiful gift from parents to their daughter on her wedding day. It makes me feel emotional ❤️

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter's happiness with her fiancee and the love I see in their eyes to each other makes me very happy, this piece of Jewelry will be a memory in her hand from her dad that loves her and cares for her.
This is so beautiful. Makes me teary and emotional. Such a sweet sentiment from a loving dad.:cry2:

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
... Will it be for your daughters right hand...?
She got only a gold band for her engagement and this is something she can wear later on the way she likes, traditions in Middle East are different, most of the diamond jewelry are gifted in the wedding rather than the engagement.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful princess! The floral elements are so well done :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!

Thank you so much for sharing, @Doc_1 - I've been waiting for hand shots of this!

Was she thrilled? Did she love it? I hope you got a HUGE hug!!

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Oh my!

Thank you so much for sharing, @Doc_1 - I've been waiting for hand shots of this!

Was she thrilled? Did she love it? I hope you got a HUGE hug!!
Truly she loves it very much, always she picks it out and wears it, Mark's craftsmanship is a league of its own. You will have hard time finding any flaw.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous ring! I love that is was a present from her parents and that her dad picked it out for her. What a wonderful tradition! It looks beautiful on her! Mark Morell’s work is truly exceptional. Congratulations to your daughter! I hope she has a wonderful and happy future ahead of her!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results