color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF I am SO sorry this happened to you. See my avatar? I have one cavalier king charles spaniel (who are very much like little golden retrievers) and my Rhonda (the brown one). Rhonda is a rescue, who I've had since she was 5 weeks old or something - NOTHING has ever happened to her, but she is still nuts. She's aggressive on a leash toward other dogs, and she is weird when people come to the house - she barks like a lunatic for about 5-10 minutes before she will settle down and accept that someone has invaded her territory. Rhonda is AFRAID, not MEAN - but people don't understand that, and she LOOKS scary. I wouldn't mess with her if I didn't know her.

Walking her is stressful, be we do it regularly because I don't have a fenced yard (or any yard at all). She cannot be vaccinated because she has an autoimmune form of Meningitis called GME, so I'm constantly terrified that if another dog comes near and it even looks like she might bite (which she wouldn't) I'd have to put her down. So we keep to ourselves, and I generally tell other dog owners that she's not friendly. A woman who has a golden retriever, and hasn't had this type of personal experience with a rescue will NOT understand your life....period. And what a shame that is....FOR HER. I've learned more humanity, compassion, and love from Rhonda than I ever have from any human being. I am totally over trying to explain Rhonda to people - I know what she is and that is enough for me.

I read an incredible article about this once - I'll try to go find it for you. Hero is a lucky boy to have landed in your home AGBF, and your neighbor is a jerk. Big hugs.

Violet, Rhonda, and Brodie

EDIT: here's the article for you https://dogstodaymagazine.co.uk/201...SfFKYWyF0Cw2H38itG02yvgUGa5iKZ3Uo-TDEHDZMHPI0

EDIT again: I called your neighbor a jerk, not for being angry with you, but for screaming and slamming the door in your face. "Say what you mean & mean what you say, but don't say it mean" is one of my favorite sayings. That lady needs a little lesson in compassion.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you presented the fact in a way that was palatable to me
Whew! I am more relieved than you can know because I was very worried that the written word might come across in a way that hurt your feelings or offended you and that would have broken my heart.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dexter likes to play with sparkles and rainbows from my ring, a true PS cat 8-)

IMG_3224.JPG IMG_3227.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190114_190953.jpg

During these cold Michigan winters he comes in and sits right on the heat vent.

Haha my kitties do this. Especially Francesca. She is a heat seeker for sure and sits on those heat vents whenever she can.:lol:

Your baby is so handsome!:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other day it was Zena's one year anniversary of her rescue by my sister and nieces.

Happy one year Rescueversary (and birthday) Zena boxer warrior princess.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 8.49.28 AM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to share. This is Frodo, my veterinarian's office cat, with his Valentine's Day haircut. There are hearts all over him. Lovin' the spiral cut tail.

Frodo.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other day it was Zena's one year anniversary of her rescue by my sister and nieces.

Happy one year Rescueversary (and birthday) Zena boxer warrior princess.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 8.49.28 AM.png

LOVE Zena! :love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
40458F38-30C1-4A0D-8444-7D1923ECE068.jpeg

My Dottie, she’s been for a bath and brush today, but still looks like a scruff :lol:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
52363037_10218495472206508_222951464572551168_o.jpg This made me laugh yesterday! My husband has wanted a gas insert for our fireplace FOREVER - it's cold in our house in the winter, because we live over a retail space that is closed for the winter and there is a concrete slab in between the two spaces. I live in my grandparents' old house, and there was a wood burning fireplace originally, so it's set up nicely for a gas one. Well, we finally got one on Monday, and someone LOVES it! Brodie has never laid on my beanbag chair before in his life, but yesterday he wouldn't move :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our local bookstore kitty staying warm and cozy during yesterday's snow storm.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 7.12.34 AM.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is he helping her with her math or does he just want to play?

20190221_154926.jpg

That dog is a natural mathematician! Can't you see it in his eyes? You should charge to have him tutor other children in the neighborhood!

Your daughter is adorable, too.

Hugs,
Deb :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190114_190953.jpg

During these cold Michigan winters he comes in and sits right on the heat vent.

My late Newfie, Griffin, used to get close to a portable heater we had, too, but he didn't need the warmth. I never understood why he did it and used to worry about him when he got too close. (This is a dog who climbed a snow bank so that he could lie on his back with his legs open on top of it as if he were in front of a fireplace because he loved the cold so much!) When the heater was off, he often licken licked it. But he also licked the wooden legs of the coffee table. I miss him. :))

Deb

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My late Newfie, Griffin, used to get close to a portable heater we had, too, but he didn't need the warmth. I never understood why he did it and used to worry about him when he got too close. (This is a dog who climbed a snow bank so that he could lie on his back with his legs open on top of it as if he were in front of a fireplace because he loved the cold so much!) When the heater was off, he often licken licked it. But he also licked the wooden legs of the coffee table. I miss him. :))

Deb
We love so many pets in our life, if we are lucky, but there always certain ones that are more like our pet "soul mates". My cat died at 20 years old. 6-years later, losing her still brings tears to my eyes. Yours sounds like your Griffin. We are lucky to have had them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second picture down, TooPatient, looks like one of my dogs, any of my dogs from over the years. They all get into that position. Adorable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all blend in here together.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.29.29 AM.png

Tommy is the rescue kitty who used to be a mouser in the basement of the building where I worked. My dh and I used to visit him on weekends and feed him while I worked on trying to convince the super to let me take him to the local vet to get him checked out and neutered and vaccinated. Long story short after the super let me take him to the vet he agreed to let me adopt him and made me the promise he wouldn't replace him with another cat used as a mouser.

Anyway that was in December 2009...I cannot believe that was over 9 years ago now and Tommy is just a bit over 11 years old as he was around 2 when we made him a part of our family. He is the sweetest baby though I am very allergic to him and when his saliva touches me I hive up instantly but it is a small price to pay for his sweet disposition and furry love.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all blend in here together.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.29.29 AM.png

Tommy is the rescue kitty who used to be a mouser in the basement of the building where I worked. My dh and I used to visit him on weekends and feed him while I worked on trying to convince the super to let me take him to the local vet to get him checked out and neutered and vaccinated. Long story short after the super let me take him to the vet he agreed to let me adopt him and made me the promise he wouldn't replace him with another cat used as a mouser.

Anyway that was in December 2009...I cannot believe that was over 9 years ago now and Tommy is just a bit over 11 years old as he was around 2 when we made him a part of our family. He is the sweetest baby though I am very allergic to him and when his saliva touches me I hive up instantly but it is a small price to pay for his sweet disposition and furry love.

What a beautiful story, missy! You have a beautiful heart (but that's not news). God bless you and Tommy.

Deb :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second picture down, TooPatient, looks like one of my dogs, any of my dogs from over the years. They all get into that position. Adorable.

He is so cuddly! This guy has only been with us for 18 months now. When he came, he was afraid of so many things. I think he is relaxing! (Still more to go, but amazing progress.) I've never had a dog who does this!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Visited our favorite neighborhood kitties yesterday afternoon. Hello Pearl and Twix and Luna. They live in a pet food store and are the sweetest most personable kitties. They are the sweetest mushes. Those faces.

pearlbaby.jpg.png

pearlbaby.jpeg.png

twixbaby.jpg.png

twixcat.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results