shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your sapphires with and without halos!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Yes, the sapphire ering is a custom piece by a favorite local jeweler who is also a sculptor . I fell in love with how architectural the lines are. Here are some side shots.
IMG_4973.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg
If you ever get bored of this ring, please send it my way. It is beautiful

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1193B697-D5A7-43C2-B7BC-155EB1AC4CD8.jpeg

briolette

Shiny_Rock
sapphire_handshot2.jpg My skin is fairly olive too. I opted for 2 trillions on either side of my sapphier (first e-ring) . I do like the halo look, however. It’s on trend. The trillions might be a little dated. They seemed to be big in the 90’s (i’m giving away my age LOL)

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hardly ever wear this ring anymore. I don't know why, I just never reach for it. When I bought it from CherryPicked I let him convince me to set it as well. When it came, one of the side half moon diamonds had a decidedly yellow tint and at the time I was too ill to have another go around. So it sits in my jewelry box. I really like the sapphire and maybe one day I'll halo it.... ssapphirethumb.JPG

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Yes, the sapphire ering is a custom piece by a favorite local jeweler who is also a sculptor . I fell in love with how architectural the lines are. Here are some side shots.
IMG_4973.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg
Would you mind sharing the name of this jeweler, the design is so interesting. I am captivated :roll2:

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Thanks OP for this thread, I've been trying to design my new sapphire setting for ages!
These gems are perfect!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20170713_115908145_HDR.jpg IMG_20170713_145242991_HDR.jpg

My husband surprised me with my sapphire after our eldest daughter was born & the jeweller told him to let the stone speak for itself without any fuss. It’s a 1ct untreated hot pink from Madagascar.

BUT.... it definitely looks lonely, especially if I wear it alone without any bands. If i’d had been involved there would definitely have seen side diamonds at the very least. But yours is such a great size! I think larger ones can stand proud more easily.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you mind sharing the name of this jeweler, the design is so interesting. I am captivated :roll2:
Thank you! Here is a link to one of his sites. The pictures represent a small portion of his work. In my opinion, he is an absolute gem, and extremely skilled with a unique vision, mixing modernity with an architectural understanding. And old school hand work. He does custom too. I continue to adore my ring. I know I would have tired of any other style and vision by now, but I continue to be captivated. I’m deighted that you appreciate it!

http://www.michaeltatom.com/

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Here is a link to one of his sites. The pictures represent a small portion of his work. In my opinion, he is an absolute gem, and extremely skilled with a unique vision, mixing modernity with an architectural understanding. And old school hand work. He does custom too. I continue to adore my ring. I know I would have tired of any other style and vision by now, but I continue to be captivated. I’m deighted that you appreciate it!

http://www.michaeltatom.com/

Thank you I really admire it. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 sapphire rings at the moment. One is 4.70 carats (10.33 mm round) set in a halo. The other is 4.06 carats (11.11 × 8.10 mm) oval set as a 3 stone ring. I love both. The oval has a strong blue presence in all lighting. The round is a glowy blue but occasionally has a slight purple tint in stromg fluorescent office lighting.

20170922_090748.jpg

20170909_155041.jpg

20150504_175216.jpg

I LOVE both of your sapphires/ rings!!:love::love::love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel! I was *just*thinking of you! Firstly - re above - wow! But secondly...any further thoughts on your re-set? I wondered if you'd decided on which sides you wanted to go with (cushions, I think?) and if you'd made any progress on that.

But - again - seriously, wow!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture I posted of my sapphire set in a cluster has bugged me ever since I added it to this thread. The stone isn't *nearly* as grey as the photo makes it look. So here's a more accurate one.

20181026_161557.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel! I was *just*thinking of you! Firstly - re above - wow! But secondly...any further thoughts on your re-set? I wondered if you'd decided on which sides you wanted to go with (cushions, I think?) and if you'd made any progress on that.

But - again - seriously, wow!

Weelllll since you asked lol. She and another sapphire are currently at dk for their new outfits. The other sapphire is going to be a three stone so daisy here is going into a vintage style halo. I’ve approved the cads so she should be done in 3 ish weeks I imagine.
I was going to share it all at once when they’re done but I think you’ll love her (seeing as how we have the exact same taste!)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weelllll since you asked lol. She and a mother sapphire are currently at dk for their new outfits. The other sapphire is going to be a three stone so daisy here is going into a vintage style halo. I’ve approved the cads so she should be done in 3 ish weeks I imagine.
I was going to share it all at once when they’re done but I think you’ll love her (seeing as how we have the exact same taste!)

This sounds perfect and (unsurprisingly!) exactly what I would have chosen myself! Will look forward to seeing them. Nice choices, @Niel!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
33520768-C51B-4FE0-AB14-3382FC7FF5E8.jpeg
My skintone is kind of olive so I'm wondering if a halo is the best way to help a sapphire (or dark bluish/purplish stone) pop as a ring. Some buttercup settings really look nice with the white metal outlining the stone; but most sapphires I've seen are haloed (or 3 stone, which would be difficult with my round).

What have you seen that you really like? Ready, set, go!
Here’s my T&Co sapphire 3 stone

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix thanks! I pulled out the matching bracelet and earrings for you.

20190208_165703.jpg

OMG!! I DIE!!:love::love::love::love::love:

May I ask where you sourced your sapphires from? I've been looking for earrings for years and yours are literally what I want!!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
@westjenn -

I love this clean, minimalistic ring. Do you have any dimension stats on the stones?
Thanks! I'll look up the exact sizes tomorrow- but off hand I know the sapphire is 1 carat and the sides are approximately .35 each

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I'll look up the exact sizes tomorrow- but off hand I know the sapphire is 1 carat and the sides are approximately .35 each

Thanks, @westjenn - I'd appreciate any info. I absolutely love this ring.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
OMG!! I DIE!!:love::love::love::love::love:

May I ask where you sourced your sapphires from? I've been looking for earrings for years and yours are literally what I want!!

Thanks! I purchased them from a local jeweler here in North Carolina. I purchased the ring and bracelet there too. Unfortunately there is not a website. They have both new and estate. I purchased my yellow diamond (avatar) and a ruby ring there as well.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Allow me to introduce my new ring here
A 7ct unheat Burmese pink with 2 hearts 1.81ctw E/VS GIA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results