shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That’s awesome. Do you know who you’ll have cut it?
I cants wait to see all the PSers with this gorgeous paraiba colored yag. :love:

I’m curious too. There’s another listing for the same item. For the time being, I’ll live vicariously through the group that purchased it, and maybe snatch up a piece of it for myself if they turn out as gorgeous as I think they will. :kiss2:

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I’m curious too. There’s another listing for the same item. For the time being, I’ll live vicariously through the group that purchased it, and maybe snatch up a piece of it for myself if they turn out as gorgeous as I think they will. :kiss2:
Yes, from my understanding RusGems has a standing listing on there and when you purchase it they just ship a piece directly from Russia, so it's going to take a couple of weeks to arrive.
Bryce Hoemann with Xoptik Designs is going to cut my first stone out of my share. I found him on a Facebook group for faceters that I follow. He responded to an inquiry I posted on there looking for someone with experience with YAG and his past work looked good enough. So, I thought I would give him a chance. I may have a couple of other stones cut by someone else, including Scott Laborie, Phil Lagas-Rivera, or another by Bryce.
When looking for cutters, I did come across a couple who refused to work with synthetic stones or irradiated stones - must be a "health" issue for them, though I'm just assuming that and didn't ask.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, from my understanding RusGems has a standing listing on there and when you purchase it they just ship a piece directly from Russia, so it's going to take a couple of weeks to arrive.
Bryce Hoemann with Xoptik Designs is going to cut my first stone out of my share. I found him on a Facebook group for faceters that I follow. He responded to an inquiry I posted on there looking for someone with experience with YAG and his past work looked good enough. So, I thought I would give him a chance. I may have a couple of other stones cut by someone else, including Scott Laborie, Phil Lagas-Rivera, or another by Bryce.
When looking for cutters, I did come across a couple who refused to work with synthetic stones or irradiated stones - must be a "health" issue for them, though I'm just assuming that and didn't ask.

How are Bryce's prices? Are they reasonable? Not in the market this minute but maybe later on so I am just generally trying to bookmark cutters in case Scott isn't available when I am ready.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
How are Bryce's prices? Are they reasonable? Not in the market this minute but maybe later on so I am just generally trying to bookmark cutters in case Scott isn't available when I am ready.
Extreeemely reasonable! Least expensive I've come across so far, but I have a feeling that may change as he gets busy with this paraiba. :))
But lets see how my stone turns out - it may end up looking like a drunk lemur cut it, who knows....

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo I would love to see the pad in person! Hope whoever got it was a PSer !!

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Gene dropped these babies recently. Did anyone manage to snag them?

Two paraiba colored YAG and one pad colored lab sapphire.
B11207AD-7A17-45A5-8CB0-22F73DEE1E1B.jpeg

E6CF2B42-861F-4995-9CF6-36E718D2634E.jpeg

I so wish I got this one but it had already sold.
6A1A9165-4D8E-416C-964F-7F5D478952E7.jpeg

Gorgeous! I'm such a sucker for cushions, I would love that YAG. I hope a PSer got all of them so we can drool some more! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo I would love to see the pad in person! Hope whoever got it was a PSer !!
Me too! :mrgreen2:

Gorgeous! I'm such a sucker for cushions, I would love that YAG. I hope a PSer got all of them so we can drool some more! :kiss2:

I love that cushion YAG too but it was already sold by the time I saw it and because I literally just bought a round paraiba colored YAG from him. :lol-2:

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Me too! :mrgreen2:

I love that cushion YAG too but it was already sold by the time I saw it and because I literally just bought a round paraiba colored YAG from him. :lol-2:

I didn't realise you actually got that round, I thought you missed out! I'm excited to see what you do with it. I love your collection it's all #goals!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't realise you actually got that round, I thought you missed out! I'm excited to see what you do with it. I love your collection it's all #goals!

Oh, I definitely missed out on the original round. Gene kindly agreed to cut me a new one. It’s a little smaller at 7.73mm but who cares? I’m very excited to see it in person. :dance:

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I definitely missed out on the original round. Gene kindly agreed to cut me a new one. It’s a little smaller at 7.73mm but who cares? I’m very excited to see it in person. :dance:

Ooh so exciting! I think that paraiba YAG is going to be a real hit! I'm very excited for you :appl:

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
I was lucky enough to buy the cushion cut YAG. I didn't realise it was lab grown and had a touch of buyers remorse until I saw what a mined stone would be. Holy $$$ I don't have it yet but will post a pic when it's here.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I was lucky enough to buy the cushion cut YAG. I didn't realise it was lab grown and had a touch of buyers remorse until I saw what a mined stone would be. Holy $$$ I don't have it yet but will post a pic when it's here.
Just kidding, but what did you think YAG was? *wink* Unfortunately, a Paraiba colored stone of that size is out of many of our price ranges and a synthetic stone is about the only practical way of getting that color.

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
Honestly, I was so excited and in a hurry to jump on it that I didn’t read the description. Also, did not do my homework in regards to purchasing a paraiba tourmaline. There was one on JOTW that I fell in love with, and hope to end up with something similar.
I love shiny things.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, I was so excited and in a hurry to jump on it that I didn’t read the description. Also, did not do my homework in regards to purchasing a paraiba tourmaline. There was one on JOTW that I fell in love with, and hope to end up with something similar.
I love shiny things.
Well, if it makes you feel any better yag is one of the nicest artificial stones there is, so put it in a setting and enjoy it. Someone ask what it is just tell him it's yag and they are to not know that it is not something exotic. LOL

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Please say someone here bought this. I love it and I really want to see how these are translating to a real world environment.

Lab pad sapphire from Genes latest drop.
DBA5333C-A446-4313-935B-A5AFD37D3CE4.jpeg

i love these pad lab sapphires but i am always too late to these drops lmao... sad! i agree though, i'd love to see pictures if a PSer bought it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’ll admit to a touch of jealousy that you got that cushion. I love a good cushion cut. :kiss2:
I’m waiting on a round right now. Should be here within a day or two.

I hope that even though it’s not a natural gem, you end up loving it. Because that color...damn! :drool:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Wanted to do a nicer shot of the spinel I got from Scott Laborie. Its still crap compared to the much better ones you guys post up here but it's much better than the last one I took lmao.
20190222_114610.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to do a nicer shot of the spinel I got from Scott Laborie. Its still crap compared to the much better ones you guys post up here but it's much better than the last one I took lmao.
20190222_114610.jpg

Gorgeous! I wouldn’t consider that a crap picture at all. It looks elegant to me and I think you did a great job capturing the details. :love:

That’s the perfect blue btw. :kiss2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I wouldn’t consider that a crap picture at all. It looks elegant to me and I think you did a great job capturing the details. :love:

That’s the perfect blue btw. :kiss2:
Thank you! And it is perfect. I love this little sucker so much :D especially when its cloudy like today.

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
20190222_114610.jpg

Gorgeous stone! Beautiful colour and cut. I really enjoy that slight steeliness in spinel in a way that I don't with sapphires. Why does the list of things I want keep getting longer despite buying things? :confused2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone! Beautiful colour and cut. I really enjoy that slight steeliness in spinel in a way that I don't with sapphires. Why does the list of things I want keep getting longer despite buying things? :confused2:

Thank you! I know the feels lol. There's so much to love and want someday. I have about 4 future projects I plan on doing when we are no longer poors.

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
BA81A5AA-AD7A-4D88-A781-34CDD9563BA9.jpeg A288A3E1-6DAE-4FF9-85C9-5BC78C8859C5.jpeg 95D9F661-F829-4FE5-B23D-7F0478CE2D85.jpeg
Wow, I'm in looove with this gem, it seriously glows in every light. I've stacked it upside down onto an existing ring to see what it looks like in a halo but not sure how it will be set. Gene is a magician!

Attachments

• 455B0D2C-1B79-4DD5-8DDF-AE341CC4E44C.jpeg
    455B0D2C-1B79-4DD5-8DDF-AE341CC4E44C.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 49
  • C689BB45-12E3-4401-AE82-6DBB0873D831.jpeg
    C689BB45-12E3-4401-AE82-6DBB0873D831.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 64

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
I’ll admit to a touch of jealousy that you got that cushion. I love a good cushion cut. :kiss2:
I’m waiting on a round right now. Should be here within a day or two.

I hope that even though it’s not a natural gem, you end up loving it. Because that color...damn! :drool:

No regrets here, I think this stone is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
BA81A5AA-AD7A-4D88-A781-34CDD9563BA9.jpeg A288A3E1-6DAE-4FF9-85C9-5BC78C8859C5.jpeg 95D9F661-F829-4FE5-B23D-7F0478CE2D85.jpeg
Wow, I'm in looove with this gem, it seriously glows in every light. I've stacked it upside down onto an existing ring to see what it looks like in a halo but not sure how it will be set. Gene is a magician!

Wow that is beautiful!! :kiss2: His cutting is definitely amazing!

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Is that the paraiba YAG?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results