shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Diamond Foundry UnEthical

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just received a promotional email with products from these guys.
Anyone else get them? I did not sign up, but thats not the point.
There is not one mention that the diamonds are lab, man or any thing other than diamonds.
Seems an abuse even of the new FTC laws?
What seems maybe worse - when you click on any product or go to their website - not one mention anywhere the diamonds are not natural - not even in any of the drop down menus. It takes at least a few clicks to get to anywhere where the origin is discussed.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
No, I didn't but I did go to their website. It's bad. So bad they are showing an 8-sided diamond with 88 facets called "Octavia".

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I have heard of them but have never looked at the web site. Sounds weird :(

ETA:Looked at their site. The site does use the word Man Made. Can't say anything about the email though since I didn't get it.

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I didn't but I did go to their website. It's bad. So bad they are showing an 8-sided diamond with 88 facets called "Octavia".

@Karl_K i hope they are paying you royalties

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I feel left out. I DID sign up, and I didn't get the mailing. I did check out the website. They've definitely changed. You can go all the way from the home page to the shopping cart including even the detail pages on the stones without spotting a clue that they're talking about synthetics.

Very deceptive.

Last edited:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I feel left out. I DID sign up, and I didn't get the mailing. I did check out the website. They've definitely changed. You can go all the way from the home page to the shopping cart including even the detail pages on the stones without spotting a clue that what they're talking about synthetics.

Very deceptive.
Yes. And the comment by Leonardo DeCaprio is border line criminal/bad

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
From their terms and conditions page:

That explains it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
<copy> AS DISCLOSED ON THIS WEBSITE INCLUDING ITS HOME PAGE AT WWW.DIAMONDFOUNDRY.COM AND OTHER PROMINENTLY FEATURED PAGES, ALL DIAMONDS SOLD BY US ARE “MAN MADE”, “LAB CREATED”, “CULTIVATED”, OR WHICHEVER WAY ONE DEEMS TO APPROPRIATELY DESCRIBE A PROCESS OF GROWING DIAMOND CRYSTAL IN A FACTORY OR LABORATORY.

You hereby agree that you understand the meaning of these descriptions, that you have no doubt over the man-made origin of our foundry created diamonds as disclosed by us and as mandated by the FTC in the U.S. and similar regulatory bodies in other legal territories, and that every foundry created diamond offered on our website is “man made” whether or not each mention of the word “diamond” includes this qualifier or not. <end copy>

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
From their terms and conditions page:

That explains it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
<copy> AS DISCLOSED ON THIS WEBSITE INCLUDING ITS HOME PAGE AT WWW.DIAMONDFOUNDRY.COM AND OTHER PROMINENTLY FEATURED PAGES, ALL DIAMONDS SOLD BY US ARE “MAN MADE”, “LAB CREATED”, “CULTIVATED”, OR WHICHEVER WAY ONE DEEMS TO APPROPRIATELY DESCRIBE A PROCESS OF GROWING DIAMOND CRYSTAL IN A FACTORY OR LABORATORY.

You hereby agree that you understand the meaning of these descriptions, that you have no doubt over the man-made origin of our foundry created diamonds as disclosed by us and as mandated by the FTC in the U.S. and similar regulatory bodies in other legal territories, and that every foundry created diamond offered on our website is “man made” whether or not each mention of the word “diamond” includes this qualifier or not. <end copy>
Interesting.
That was not the home page yesterday!!!!!
Did anyone else notice that change?

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Took me quite awhile to find the T&C... it was buried. In my line of work, T&C's need to be prominently displayed below Page 1 body copy.

Kayelle

Rough_Rock
Interesting.. I've been considering purchasing through them because they supply Vrai and Oro (a jewelry company in the US that I love that has the most simple, delicate pieces). By going through their website directly I was also able to get a $300 voucher.

Only reason for considering lab grown is that, with a baby on the way it's a much more affordable option for this Aussie girl who has big desires for a diamond but now a small budget!!

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Their diamond certificates say Lab Grown Diamond. The diamonds are laser inscribed with the words LAB GROWN. Seems pretty clear.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Hmm.. their FB ad.....

Diamond Foundry
SpSpSononSsosoSredredS
SS

·
Save $300 on the made-to-order engagement ring of your dreams. Made with Diamond Foundry diamonds

• Shop Now
    DF Engagement Rings
    Shop Diamond Foundry.

• Shop Now
    DF Engagement Rings
    Shop Diamond Foundry.

• Shop Now
    DF Engagement Rings
    Shop Diamond Foundry.

• Shop Now
    DF Engagement Rings
    Shop Diamond Foundry.

• Shop Now
    DF Engagement Rings
    Shop Diamond Foundry.

• Shop Now
    DF Engagement Rings
    Shop Diamond Foundry.
https://www.facebook.com/#

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, located just east of the Rocky Mountains. When the winds come from the west, the air heats as it comes down the mountain and blows warm winds over the city - the warm winds are called “chinooks.” Every winter, we experience the Canadian cold, with chinooks every few weeks that can bring temperatures from -25 to +10 in just a few hours.
DeCaprio has spent a lot of time in Alberta filming. He experienced a chinook and made a comment about climate change. He actually thought a chinook was some freak warming of the earth caused by climate change. As if Calgary is now experiencing balmy winters, all of a sudden, lol.
I’ll let you decide what to call his level of ignorance.

Alexmalex

Rough_Rock
Everytime I look at the website they have nothing but K color diamonds and just not great quality options, and they charge a lot more than other vendors.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Organic food and all sorts of org's etc have standards. I wounder if the diamond makers will ever get around to creating associations or subject themselves to outside audit?
e.g. the Responsible jewellery Council enables 3rd part audits against an exhaustive set of standards. I was the first company in Australia to pass. All the big brands are involved. Just saying all your electricity and energy comes from blah blah blah is not cutting it with me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results