shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Diamond Eternity Bands!

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
So I have been stalking PS for a while now and probably read everything regarding emerald cut diamond eternity bands. I have been dying for a hefty emerald cut eternity band for ages and just want to bite the bullet already. Everyone on here seems to have amazing things to say about IDJewelry and they have this 4ct emerald cut eternity band on their site that just seems SO much less $$ than other bands of similar ct weight, etc. Should I be skeptical? Also - do you think 4ct will really provide substantial bling? the next step up to 5ct is a huge leap in price... wondering what other people's thoughts are! Keep in mind my ring size is 6.5 and I am thinking I will likely wear it alone, or with my RB eternity band which is probably like 1 ct tw (I think) or maybe with my engagement ring, which is an RB 1.2 ct solitaire...
Here is the link:
https://idjewelry.com/4-00-ct-class...e-yellow-rose-gold-or-platinum-id-yge400.html
I would love to see pics of emerald cut eternity bands of this ct weight and size!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have been stalking PS for a while now and probably read everything regarding emerald cut diamond eternity bands. I have been dying for a hefty emerald cut eternity band for ages and just want to bite the bullet already. Everyone on here seems to have amazing things to say about IDJewelry and they have this 4ct emerald cut eternity band on their site that just seems SO much less $$ than other bands of similar ct weight, etc. Should I be skeptical? Also - do you think 4ct will really provide substantial bling? the next step up to 5ct is a huge leap in price... wondering what other people's thoughts are! Keep in mind my ring size is 6.5 and I am thinking I will likely wear it alone, or with my RB eternity band which is probably like 1 ct tw (I think) or maybe with my engagement ring, which is an RB 1.2 ct solitaire...
Here is the link:
https://idjewelry.com/4-00-ct-class...e-yellow-rose-gold-or-platinum-id-yge400.html
I would love to see pics of emerald cut eternity bands of this ct weight and size!

A lot of measurement & calculation will go into figuring out what you decide on.
First: what is your l x w ratio sweet spot for your EC’s? They need to be matched well in order to pull this off.
Are you more of a sq EC lover, or are you considering more elongated, narrow EC’s?
That will determine how many diamonds you will need for the size of the ring, and total carat weight....
Color match is a priority, too....

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
I definitely like the elongated more rectangular shaped EC's, but I am not really interested in trying to make this project from scratch - I am looking for EC cut eternity bands that are already made (like the one in the link I posted). Unfortunately, it doesn't give the l x w ratio... what should I be looking for if I can get that info?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely like the elongated more rectangular shaped EC's, but I am not really interested in trying to make this project from scratch - I am looking for EC cut eternity bands that are already made (like the one in the link I posted). Unfortunately, it doesn't give the l x w ratio... what should I be looking for if I can get that info?

Just the diamond dimensions in mm. Length x width x depth.
Basically, if you’re purchasing already made, you should be looking to make sure the diamonds are consistent in color, size, and cut...as close as possible. You also want to be certain that each stone is bright, and the steps turn off & on, appropriately, and do not dim. You don’t want the bellies of the diamonds to be dark, head on.
If you are concerned about having to size up or down, make sure you purchase a band that has an extra, open portion of the band, deliberately left open for sizing purposes.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a E-W channel set baguette plat wedding band that did not hold up to ordinary wear and tear. Repairs to fix and replace cracked and chipped baguettes and a resize not has rendered this an expensive piece I do not wear.It was fairly wide and I felt it detracted the beauty of my ER. The plan was to wear the band on my left hand tand my ER on my right hand.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Ive had that ring on and it is beautiful. The only thing with emerald cuts is that they do not have major finger real estate I had a marquis band it was so substantial in finger coverage. IDJ is currently making my 5 carats emerald cut eternity now. I am very happy and can’t wait

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
Ive had that ring on and it is beautiful. The only thing with emerald cuts is that they do not have major finger real estate I had a marquis band it was so substantial in finger coverage. IDJ is currently making my 5 carats emerald cut eternity now. I am very happy and can’t wait

I am worried about that actually, I really want the ring to have a big presence. The price difference from 4 cts to 5 cts is huge, so I may have to stick with 4cts... looking forward to seeing yours!

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
Emerald cut eternity band that I tried on near Christmas, 4.75 ct tw, F, VS2, $12,350. Had to leave it there!

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
Oh wow Rockcollector! It's beautiful... do you have any other photos of it on your hand, like from a little further out? I am now trying to decide on elongated emerald cuts vs regular emerald cut... anyone have any insight into the difference in look?

I think for budget purposes I will need to stick to 4 ct tw, but I wish I could go to 5 (actually 6 would be IDEAL) - maybe I will upgrade in 5 years or so!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I am worried about that actually, I really want the ring to have a big presence. The price difference from 4 cts to 5 cts is huge, so I may have to stick with 4cts... looking forward to seeing yours!
Now officially a member of the 2 week club photos to follow

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
What about a 1/2 hoop ring or 3/4 eternity? You could do larger stones for more presence.
I love the eternity band no matter how it spins its still there. Great suggestion though

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Rockcollector! It's beautiful... do you have any other photos of it on your hand, like from a little further out? I am now trying to decide on elongated emerald cuts vs regular emerald cut... anyone have any insight into the difference in look?

I think for budget purposes I will need to stick to 4 ct tw, but I wish I could go to 5 (actually 6 would be IDEAL) - maybe I will upgrade in 5 years or so!
6 carats would be awesome I tried on a ring recently each stone was 1 carats it was $114,000 emerald cuts go big or go home. Lol

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
No I tried it on in Winchester va at a boutique that sells jewelry from NYC. They were having a trunk show right before Christmas. Will post photo of info the sales lady gave me

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
3A7FEED0-3B77-4A3C-A5A3-2AF42DB06DE6.jpeg If you go to website listed maybe they can give some info on that band. Good luck!

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
I looked on website but couldn’t find anything like it. Kimberly’s boutique in Winchester Va may be able to give you more info on company if you are interested.

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
6 carats would be awesome I tried on a ring recently each stone was 1 carats it was $114,000 emerald cuts go big or go home. Lol

yep! I finally bit the bullet and ordered the ring - I worked with Jonna at IDJ and went with .20 pointer elongated emerald cut diamond eternity - I changed to 18k white gold instead of platinum, which I am fine with - I am most likely going to wear it without my e-ring (which is platinum) but even if I sometimes stack it with my rb eternity wedding band (also in platinum), or if I wear it with the e-ring, I don't think it will be a biggie... I don't think the color will be noticeable. Cannot wait - 2-3 weeks!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
yep! I finally bit the bullet and ordered the ring - I worked with Jonna at IDJ and went with .20 pointer elongated emerald cut diamond eternity - I changed to 18k white gold instead of platinum, which I am fine with - I am most likely going to wear it without my e-ring (which is platinum) but even if I sometimes stack it with my rb eternity wedding band (also in platinum), or if I wear it with the e-ring, I don't think it will be a biggie... I don't think the color will be noticeable. Cannot wait - 2-3 weeks!
I’m excited. I am hoping mine are elongated. Did she tell you Carat weight and how many stones sI think mine are 25 stones .20 for 5 carats. I couldn’t go bigger . I should have said elongated but my ring is replacement for a lost band so I had certain budget.

lerouxt

Rough_Rock
Very excited to see your bands as I’ve had my eye on one for ages :twisted2:

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
I’m excited. I am hoping mine are elongated. Did she tell you Carat weight and how many stones sI think mine are 25 stones .20 for 5 carats. I couldn’t go bigger . I should have said elongated but my ring is replacement for a lost band so I had certain budget.
She said it is 4.4 total ct wt, with .20 points each stone - I guess that means it's 22 stones? I am size 6.5, so I am not sure how that works exactly.... I would think regular EC's would be slightly wider, which would mean less stones than elongated, but if yours is 25 stones and you are a size 6.25 - hmmm... not sure.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a 2.2 carat eternity band, although mine are RBs, but it has a pretty good presence on my hand (10 pointers), and I wear a 7.5. I'm sure that a 4 carat band is going to be stunning on a 6.5 finger - can't wait to see!

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
I wear a 2.2 carat eternity band, although mine are RBs, but it has a pretty good presence on my hand (10 pointers), and I wear a 7.5. I'm sure that a 4 carat band is going to be stunning on a 6.5 finger - can't wait to see!
Still waiting... Jonna and IDJ suggested I try one on and verify my ring size just to make sure since the custom jewelry is not returnable... so production didn't start until middle of last week :roll. I am thinking I won't see the ring until mid Feb, but I'll post as soon as I receive it! What about you Heidi? -Can't wait to see yours!

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
Violet! Can you post a pic of your eternity? I'd love to see it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violet! Can you post a pic of your eternity? I'd love to see it!

Oh sure! Here's the thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/violet3-uprong-eternity-band.104395/

I have large fingers at 7.5, and they're chubby also - but I think my eternity band is perfect for every day wear. It's 22 10 pointers (RBs, not ECs), for a total of 2.2 carats. At the time it was at the top of what we felt comfortable spending on an engagement ring, or I would have probably gone bigger. Now I'm sentimentally attached to it, so I wouldn't trade up, but i think 20 pointers are a spectacular size!!!

Here are a couple of shots, one close and one farther away from that thread :)) violet3ering3.jpg violet3ering11.jpg

Last edited:

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous Violet! Super sparkly and looks very blingy! My original WB is also a round brilliant eternity band, it is about 1 ct, I think. I still love it, and might wear it with my new EC eternity depending on how they look together (my WB is platinum and the new ring is WG...). Thanks for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results