shape
carat
color
clarity

I've been offered a one carat OEC but it's chipped

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@InsecureSweetGirl, I could probably work there since my youngest will be in school in the fall so if that happens I will be in trouble! It's a total crapshoot though because sometimes the good stuff comes in and then there are long periods of nothing good :confused2:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
@InsecureSweetGirl, I could probably work there since my youngest will be in school in the fall so if that happens I will be in trouble! It's a total crapshoot though because sometimes the good stuff comes in and then there are long periods of nothing good :confused2:
Beware, you will soon have to change your screen name to “Your Friend with the Inside Source” if you take the job! I’m not the only one who will hit you up for OEC/OMCs... ;-)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@InsecureSweetGirl, I think I would have to have a trade designation on PS and that would severely limit my fun :sick:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They would love to have you because of your knowledge and keen vintage eye!
It would be a great fit for you...if you have enough will power!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's back! As soon as I got the call I was out the door, I don't know how people deal with months and months of having their pretties away, it is torture.

So right off the bat I am not loving these prongs, I definitely prefer the four prongs and the more square look it gave the diamond BUT I feel better about having more prongs. It's also a temporary situation since I'm still planning on a bezel setting although I will be working with someone else. As much as I like this jeweler he is not the best listener, thinks he wrote the book on the world and all that jazz.

She weighs 1.23 carats!! He also noted she is cut shallow so a recut would result in a significant weight loss, not something I'm considering anymore anyways.

Pictures in all different lighting but I can't find my lenses so these are just IPhone pictures.

IMG_2968.JPG IMG_2969.JPG IMG_2974.JPG IMG_2984.JPG IMG_2986.JPG IMG_2996.JPG

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, she looks great! The prongs really help to hide the chips. I'd just leave it at that if I were you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @JPie, I appreciate the reassurance and although I liked four prongs better you are right about them hiding the chips, now all you really see is the round shape so that's a plus.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, that has made a phenomenal difference, the chips have gone from being blindingly obvious to really difficult to see! And 1.23 carats! Utterly amazing!

To be honest the .23 carats would give you quite a bit of leeway with a recut (still OEC) whilst still keeping you over the carat mark - but considering how much better it looks you can totally get away with not.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Lykame and @Wewechew, the prongs looked a little prominent to me at first but I'm getting used to them, maybe I will leave well enough alone and not worry about the bezel after all.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I think this looks great! Congratulations and may you wear her in good health! She's beautiful!
<3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely think it looks better with 6 prongs @StephanieLynn , they look a tiny bit thick, but if they’re camouflaging the chips, it’s all good =)2

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @StephanieLynn, I think it looks fantastic! What a difference. Your jeweler did a great job hiding the chips and the diamond definitely looks rounder. You can barely see the chips now. I think the prongs look really good, not too prominent at all. And I'm wondering if your jeweler gave the stone a good cleaning...the faceting looks very lively and bright in the new pics. You don't sound that thrilled but I hope you can get used to it and enjoy it, because imo it really is a big improvement and it looks beautiful.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Austina, they are a bit thicker than how he usually does them but I'm guessing he had to in this case.

@junebug17 thanks for your post and reassuring thoughts, I am happy with the end result especially if I can keep it this way and not have to bezel it! I believe he did give it a good cleaning, it was very shiny when I picked it up, I was like "WOW" :sun:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's back! As soon as I got the call I was out the door, I don't know how people deal with months and months of having their pretties away, it is torture.

So right off the bat I am not loving these prongs, I definitely prefer the four prongs and the more square look it gave the diamond BUT I feel better about having more prongs. It's also a temporary situation since I'm still planning on a bezel setting although I will be working with someone else. As much as I like this jeweler he is not the best listener, thinks he wrote the book on the world and all that jazz.

She weighs 1.23 carats!! He also noted she is cut shallow so a recut would result in a significant weight loss, not something I'm considering anymore anyways.

Pictures in all different lighting but I can't find my lenses so these are just IPhone pictures.

OMG, 1.23!!!! So exciting! Can you even believe your good luck?
This is awesome, I'm so happy for you! And the prongs look great.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, gotta say I was quite stunned it is 1.23 because I have a 1.25 OEC Moissanite and when I put them side by side thought that the diamond would come in at maybe 1.10, so yes very very excited about that. So all in $840 for a 1.25 OEC, never in a million years but this is why we do what we do, because someday the hunt will pay off in a huge way! I swear someday we are going to get together and nerd out about our vintage adventures :dance:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, gotta say I was quite stunned it is 1.23 because I have a 1.25 OEC Moissanite and when I put them side by side thought that the diamond would come in at maybe 1.10, so yes very very excited about that. So all in $840 for a 1.25 OEC, never in a million years but this is why we do what we do, because someday the hunt will pay off in a huge way! I swear someday we are going to get together and nerd out about our vintage adventures :dance:

Yeah, you wear your new big-ass diamond:P2 and I'll carry my turtle purse! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I expect it could become a fresh softly rounded cushion - one day

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing!! This is why we do pawn shops--the dream of a score like this. Congrats, Steph, I'm so happy you found and rescued such a beautiful ring. :clap:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I expect it could become a fresh softly rounded cushion - one day

You never know what the future holds!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake, thank you so much, I was lucky to find not only the ring but the woman who sold it to me!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

Looks really beautiful!!! It looks great in that setting!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a transformation! I love it. :lickout::lickout:

Still keeps the vintage vibe while rounding out her wonkiness.

And the weight!!! OMG :shock: :love: You really scored.

Scrap the bezel plan and enjoy the heck out of her!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @ringo865, it's amazing how simply having more prongs makes the diamond look so much better! I am very much enjoying her :kiss2:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! You did amazing! I love this ring!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results