shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Dilemma: 1.5ishct H-VS1 vs. 1.03ct D-IF on Platinum Setting

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you found out it’s mainly rounds, that opens up your options immensely.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will point out that many Asians love the idea of a D IF stone. I'm not being racist here, it's just something I've observed. And of course I'm not saying all Asians want D IF stones, but some Asian cultures seem to favor purity.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny thing is, I discovered her pinterest account and I looked through her wedding folder. It was all rounds with cushion halos! :doh:But I know for sure that she doesn't want a halo anymore because of how big it feels on her small fingers.
If she loves rounds in cushion halos, the Tacori Dantela for example is a very delicate halo that gives a really nice cushion outline.
I don’t love how high the head sits and all the frilly stuff under the basket but the top down view is lovely imo. I’m mostly posting it to show that a halo is not necessarily something that just makes a stone look bigger and if she loves the look, a delicate one would deliver that look without bulk or being too big.
4BB89DC8-D3B3-484B-B5ED-76B9F773F087.jpeg

tr0janman

Rough_Rock
If you found out it’s mainly rounds, that opens up your options immensely.

Ah yes, I've asked her about this. She still wants a cushion. I'm pretty sure it's between an august vs. really really nice X-factor cushion vs. H&A Cushions.

tr0janman

Rough_Rock
I will point out that many Asians love the idea of a D IF stone. I'm not being racist here, it's just something I've observed. And of course I'm not saying all Asians want D IF stones, but some Asian cultures seem to favor purity.

I don't doubt it either. Her parents are from Shanghai but they are very chill, I believe they will be happy just knowing that she is finally going to get proposed to eventually soon.

She also visited some jewelry stores in the diamond district in NY because she works nearby. She couldn't tell the difference between an E and a G really so she doesn't care it seems :)

tr0janman

Rough_Rock
If she loves rounds in cushion halos, the Tacori Dantela for example is a very delicate halo that gives a really nice cushion outline.
I don’t love how high the head sits and all the frilly stuff under the basket but the top down view is lovely imo. I’m mostly posting it to show that a halo is not necessarily something that just makes a stone look bigger and if she loves the look, a delicate one would deliver that look without bulk or being too big.
4BB89DC8-D3B3-484B-B5ED-76B9F773F087.jpeg

Ah yes this does look really nice! Not too big either because it's like a peeking halo. I'm pretty positive she no longer wants a halo because she doesn't want it to take up too much space on her finger. So i've decided to just try to get her the biggest possible H&A Cushion or August Vintage Cushion I can that is eye clean and the best stats possible.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes this does look really nice! Not too big either because it's like a peeking halo. I'm pretty positive she no longer wants a halo because she doesn't want it to take up too much space on her finger. So i've decided to just try to get her the biggest possible H&A Cushion or August Vintage Cushion I can that is eye clean and the best stats possible.
As a solitaire lover, I like how you think! :mrgreen2:
Just check in in case she does love halos but hasn’t seen one that doesn’t look bulky.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't doubt it either. Her parents are from Shanghai but they are very chill, I believe they will be happy just knowing that she is finally going to get proposed to eventually soon.

She also visited some jewelry stores in the diamond district in NY because she works nearby. She couldn't tell the difference between an E and a G really so she doesn't care it seems :)

In that case I'd definitely relax the parameters to get a larger stone. That being said, I have a D color diamond and I absolutely love its crispness. People tend to notice it more than my other stones.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Just make sure you don’t tell her parents what colour-clarity combo it is :tongue:

On a serious note, I think in China, the vast majority of folks won’t really care about what colour-clarity a ring is. Given how expensive diamonds are over there (courtesy of import tariffs and taxes on “luxury” goods), if you can afford a diamond, you’re in the relative “big leagues” income-wise. Traditionally, gold is the more valued item for anything wedding/engagement related. And maybe Jade (though that can be considered old fashioned by younger folks).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results