Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Which number did you deal with?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think settings factory and workmen outsourced. Hard to ctrl quality. Still no excuse.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Which number did you deal with?

Number 5.

No probs with 3 and 4. In fact, 3 came back with a really really nice cab for the lavender pendant.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Number 5.

No probs with 3 and 4. In fact, 3 came back with a really really nice cab for the lavender pendant.

Ok I've only dealt with main and 3.

You can consider getting handful of small icy green cabs from LS. To use for topping stones for future projects. Icy glassy ones too.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh wait i did deal with 5 to ask on a couple of items and whether the colour irl is like video or photo. Not vey helpful with that though.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When you buy certain things from LS or if the seller has it too and is generous can ask for free small cabs to set with main item. 顶珠。

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If anyone sees a Jade piece with a phoenix will you tag me? I love their symbolism, and have a tattoo of one. I'd love to own a piece of jewelry that has one too :) the FB Jade person had one, but it wasn't clear what the animal was so I passed on it.

Oh stylised Phoenix carvings and pendants both icy white as green appear now and then on LS. They say carving fees more expensive than other carvings.

Maybe drop wechat folks a line to rec what they have?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This gorgeous bluish lav egg appeared on LS today. Seller wanted 70,000 rmb :(

Screenshot_20190118-231444_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190118-231350_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190118-231611_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190118-231446_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190118-231326_Facebook.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:but no. Not at 70 000 rmb. I am going for sparkly transparent glittery unheated stuff at the moment.

I think, after owning the hulu ring and that small lavender ring, I am now clearer on what I want in a ring/jewellery.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 , this dragon from No. 2 is 990rmb, less than USD150.

88539C93-3656-4E58-BCE8-F16A7CC03641.jpeg
Chaik!! I've asked if it's still available. Very nice, thanks!! I don't look at number 2 very often, she's usually just bangles, right?

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK you sure know how to tease! I'm so excited to see your reveal eventually.

I do hope she fixes that pedant for you! Was there a hole when you bought it? And that can does look black! It's spicier than normal spicey!!!!

Meanwhile I'm back to being starving artist and pining over your pretty things!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mellow, when can you buy again?! I love your excitement. You need another trip to Singapore!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mellow, when can you buy again?! I love your excitement. You need another trip to Singapore!

Well end of Jan so I don't curse my fictional baby. But I'd like to make it to the beginning of March because that will feel like an achievement!

You know what I miss sparkly gems too!

I have very clear jade goals now! Nicest cab ring I can get for a budget of $2500 usd (in a brighter lighter green), cheap and fun shaped earrings to entertain the kids I see and some inexpensive beads.

I actually wonder if I need another cab ring since I really like the current one and wear it heaps.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:but no. Not at 70 000 rmb. I am going for sparkly transparent glittery unheated stuff at the moment.

I think, after owning the hulu ring and that small lavender ring, I am now clearer on what I want in a ring/jewellery.

Pine pine pine but for 70k I can do better than that I think. Anyway good stuff do come up now and then on LS.

Would that be the pink sapphire? Or more precise jadeite goals?

AV_

Ideal_Rock

They must LOVE you for finding out what it is that you want as you do - by buying rarher than by looking!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They must LOVE you for finding out what it is that you want as you do - by buying rarher than by looking!

I feel like sometimes you need to buy and wear (or not wear) to truly assess your feelings imho.

I only bought a lavender ring because Pink Bandit said he would like it as a nice coloured shiny pebble. I was so surprised I wore it sooo much and by how much I love a huge shiny pebble on my finger. Previously thought it was tacky and not my thing.

Aside from aiming for a lighter green I'm willing to sacrifice most other traits to get a big pebble green on the finger next time and I reckon I wouldn't have come to this conclusion if I didn't have a run in with the lavender.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I saw this online from Koojade.

Got this icy glassy ruyi head last night. Need to wait to get an icy green tonight to set it this style :)

201901101614036035.jpg 20190119_021725.jpg IMG-20190119-WA0000.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl Oh, I hear you about pebbles - I keep comming back at this shape (www), cabochons are just a tamed/diminished version...

Bangles - are something I love, tried to wear & feel weird sporting. No one else around does, sure enough, and wrists are low on my list of body parts to highlight (still); working on it.

rambling

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@mellowyellowgirl Oh, I hear you about pebbles - I keep comming back at this shape (www), cabochons are just a tamed/diminished version...

Bangles - are something I love, tried to wear & feel weird sporting. No one else around does, sure enough, and wrists are low on my list of body parts to highlight (still); working on it.

rambling

Actually, I regard jewellery worn on myself that I can see like rings, braclets and longer necklaces/pendants on longer chains as stuff for me to admire rather than highlighting my body parts haha. But good point.

Reactions: AV_

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@ChaiK see the peas and rightmost ruyis? That's how they hide the punched hole. Which also means they got the stone like that but decided to frame instead of putting a bail.

FB_IMG_1547894551369.jpg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, ask and you shall receive...number 4 posted this.
Screenshot_20190119-070904_WeChat.jpg
I just figured out that if I send a picture to chat, then I can hit the translate button and get the (usually crazy) description. This one says Phoenix.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@lovedogs, ask and you shall receive...number 4 posted this.
Screenshot_20190119-070904_WeChat.jpg
I just figured out that if I send a picture to chat, then I can hit the translate button and get the (usually crazy) description. This one says Phoenix.

Good job Suzanne. Yes that's a stylised phoenix.

Btw here are the shots of the leaf earrings. They fit into my 2 diamond hoops! Yay!

20190119_214604.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

:oops: It isn’t like this. I always wanted a great jadeite cab ring. Could not find it and when it arrived, the glow is great. But so are my chrysoprase. And I have so many greens now, I am heading for other colours. I do love my jadeite ring. Very love it. And it looks like a huge glowing light bulb. So I am very lucky and grateful to be so happy and blessed in life to be able to do this.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @suzanne2 ! I'm being picky and waiting until I find the "right" phoenix, which i think will likely be a while!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Well end of Jan so I don't curse my fictional baby. But I'd like to make it to the beginning of March because that will feel like an achievement!

You know what I miss sparkly gems too!

I have very clear jade goals now! Nicest cab ring I can get for a budget of $2500 usd (in a brighter lighter green), cheap and fun shaped earrings to entertain the kids I see and some inexpensive beads.

I actually wonder if I need another cab ring since I really like the current one and wear it heaps.

Ohhhhh......shiny.....

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:oops: It isn’t like this. I always wanted a great jadeite cab ring. Could not find it and when it arrived, the glow is great. But so are my chrysoprase. And I have so many greens now, I am heading for other colours. I do love my jadeite ring. Very love it. And it looks like a huge glowing light bulb. So I am very lucky and grateful to be so happy and blessed in life to be able to do this.

Yellow, orange, red, lavender, blue, bluish lavender, light pink, black, glassy, royal purple :razz:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Yellow, orange, red, lavender, blue, bluish lavender, light pink, black, glassy, royal purple :razz:

Ohhhh, pine pine pine for the ultimate royal purple jadeite ring......:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:.

My heart aches and a drowsy numbness pains
My sense as though of jadeite I had glimpsed....
Must have been a kahuna one!

something like this. I am sure John Keats wrote it.

Sigh......under the plum blossoms.....*faint*

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
New stuff done setting. They are asking me to send in confirmed designs or stuff to be set asao. Many will only start to be made after Chinese New Year hols but they already have 50 pieces in the queue for that so I have to join in.

mmexport1547950259938.jpg 20190120_084627.jpg mmexport1547950251128.jpg mmexport1547950207715.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results