shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and please sit down before you read this. We are building a new cabin. So here we go again with the kitchen designs... LOL. Missy, could you possibly post a picture of that inspiration white kitchen you posted once before if you still have it? It is for our summerhouse, so I'm thinking nice and white would do the trick. Hugs!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So good to see you @Scandinavian . Your comment about the new furbaby made me laugh, I love them both, the real baby and the furbaby! Love the pictures of your sweet furbabies. I’m sorry your little baby has been sick. Not fun and the fact that they can’t tell how they feel makes it feel worse. How I wish animals could talk if only to tell us what hurts.

@missy, Tommy seems very smitten with his blonde haired mom! Can you wear the shoes you wore to last years formal? Finding pretty shoes is easy, finding comfortable shoes, not so easy. We are getting the real cold weather this weekend too. I spent last night in the emergency room with my parents, due to my mom taking a bad fall and hitting her head. I’m off to buy a heavy concealer that hopefully will cover her nasty bruise and pick up something for them to have for dinner tonight. 80 year olds and falling don’t go well together.

@marcy, How is your head today? Did you go to the doctor today? If you ever hit your head this bad again, please go the the ER. My 80 year old mother fell last night and hit her head pretty bad. The ER was packed with people but they got her in a room and gave her a cat scan within minutes. Luckily she did not have a brain bleed. I can’t wait to see the pictures of our new bedroom set. Marty’s closet made me laugh. Lucky Marty. He can actually see what he has hanging up. I wish my closet looked like his. Mine are jam packed full of clothes and look like a bomb went off.

@Jimmianne , I feel the same way about modern technology. I’m sure it has been wonderful for you too with your daughter being so far away. I was so happy that even though we are so far apart location wise, she made me feel a part of this happy time in her life. It’s has been fun getting photos of my niece and the baby everyday. Are you starting to get over your jet lag?

@Austina A girl can never have too much closet space or too many dresses. I know we both share a love of dresses. Closet space is a very valuable commodity in our home. My husband surprised with having a closet built about 8 years ago. DH did admit that his motives were a little selfish. He wanted more space for his things too and figured if we built a larger closet for my clothes it would free up the other closets I had occupied in the house. It worked out nicely for both of us. I hope you are having fun getting ready for your trip. You sound like you have the packing part down.

@junebug17 , You will do a good job of traveling with Zoe even if you aren't particularly looking forward to do this by yourself. I worry more about how things will turn out, then after it’s over with, I wonder what the heck I was stressing out about. Once you do it alone you will realize it’s not so hard or you will never do it alone again LOL. I’m hoping it’s a piece of cake for you. Have a great trip with your DH. Enjoy the warmer temperatures. Hopefully the weather will be great while you are there.

@Tekate, I’m happy you are having new family members joining your family too. I completely understand your comments about what a happy time this is in our lives and those we love. I’m so excited for my nieces as they enter this time in their lives. We are having my grandniece with us tomorrow. My DH laughed this morning and said he bets she has a trip to Target and a new Barbie in her future. Little kids love Target.

@av How is work going this week?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and please sit down before you read this. We are building a new cabin. So here we go again with the kitchen designs... LOL. Missy, could you possibly post a picture of that inspiration white kitchen you posted once before if you still have it? It is for our summerhouse, so I'm thinking nice and white would do the trick. Hugs!

Very exciting Scandi...I have lots of dream inspiration photos but is this the one?

dreamkitchen.jpg

Love that photo of your sweet fur babies. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Tommy seems very smitten with his blonde haired mom! Can you wear the shoes you wore to last years formal? Finding pretty shoes is easy, finding comfortable shoes, not so easy. We are getting the real cold weather this weekend too. I spent last night in the emergency room with my parents, due to my mom taking a bad fall and hitting her head. I’m off to buy a heavy concealer that hopefully will cover her nasty bruise and pick up something for them to have for dinner tonight. 80 year olds and falling don’t go well together.

Oh no Callie! I am so sorry. Hope she is doing better today and sending her healing hugs. You are right. 80 year olds and falling do not mix. My parents just left and they are so fragile omg. You might remember a bad fall is what caused my mom to have a permanent dropped foot and changed her walking forever. Hope your mom is just bruised and no permanent damage. Sending you and her (((hugs))).

As for shoes I just got rid of all of them lol. So starting from scratch and yes comfort is above all else. I agree.

Reactions: AV_

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
85BC5522-F596-4743-AF94-240E52B05281.jpeg
How about a nice comfortable pair of sneakers?
Hm-m... these don’t look comfortable at ALL!
Back to the drawing board.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
85BC5522-F596-4743-AF94-240E52B05281.jpeg
How about a nice comfortable pair of sneakers?
Hm-m... these don’t look comfortable at ALL!
Back to the drawing board.

I like them but for the heel...how about these? Diamond encrusted Jimmy Choo sneakers.

diamond-lp-video-1.jpg

Attachments

• diamond-f-360-600.gif
    diamond-f-360-600.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 20

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Will catch up!

@missy All well down here, at the end of two days of pen'n paper.

[QUOTE="Scandinavian, post: 4482497, member:
I love reading in winter, especially in front of the fireplace with a nice hot chocolate to drink. Or red wine. Or coffee. Or all [/QUOTE]

This is heaven, of course...

I am finishing a thesis, so all I do is write - somewhat as you say.

What spectacular snow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI’s!

Austina, i don’t know when we’ll get our furniture but I might stop by this weekend and see if they know anything yet. I am with you in that I think I have a concussion. I was better today but about 10 am I had to reach for some more Excedrin. I am thinking I should have gone to a doctor Sunday but now I’ll waiting it out to see if I get worse again. Good plan to keep things quiet that you are traveling. Marty posts it all over FB when we go somewhere and when he’s out of town.

Jimmianne, I feel sorry for my head too. I am getting anxious to get our furniture now. I have enjoyed most of the Dan Brown books. Ugh to getting your Visa, Marty had to get several of them over the years. Good luck! You deserve being a slug and resting up.

Missy, I agree it’s not awful to wake up a lot as long as you can go back to sleep. I slept almost 5 hours last night and then mostly go back to sleep. I woke up better today but got pretty bad at work this morning. 2 Excedrin took care of it though. I hope our furniture arrives this month and then we’ll have this project done. How nice to clean out some shows and clothes. I am right there with you on many more things to clean out. Great picture of you and Tommy; I am sure he knew who you were. Ha ha, i like that idea of decluttering. Oh no to cold weather this weekend. Ooh I like those diamond sneakers.

Scandi, nice picture. Thank you; we are enjoying the new floors. I think the swelling went down on my head today; I notice my forehead moves again anyway. I don’t know why I am not sleeping well lately. Poor little T; I hope he doesn’t have to go back any time soon. How fun to build a new cabin. Nice.

Callie, I just watched our local weather and that nasty cold front is heading south towards all of us. Stay warm. I am so sorry to hear your mom fell and hit her head. How is she doing tonight? I am glad they checked her right away at the ER. I did not go to the doctor today but as I told someone at work if I see one more thing pop up I’m going. In hindsight I should have gone in Monday. I do feel better overall but I know I don’t feel quite normal. LOL that your closet looks like a bomb went off. Trust me our closet is usually quite full. Marty has about half of his clothes in one of our other bedrooms right now. Most of them are suits and dress shirts which probably don’t fit the muscle guy he is now. Both of us threw out a lot of clothes recently. I have a lot of things on shelfs in the closet which is why I never use the dresser in our bedroom. My new dresser will probably house towels and sheets.

AV, your idea of reading in front of the fireplace with wine or cocoa sounds great. Good luck on your thesis.

Sandeek, I hope you are feeling better.

I made it through another day at work. After my Excedrin kicked in I felt mostly okay. The pain and pressure is subsiding so I think that is a good sign. That I know of I am not confused or forgetful; anymore than normal anyway. We have cold and snow arriving on Friday. Boo.

I noticed the carpet store credited our card $330 for the 2 boxes we returned. Now I won’t have to go nag them about our refund. I still have to return the extra carpet pad they gave us with our area rugs; we got all of the ones we paid for plus one extra.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
upload_2019-1-16_19-19-51.png
I thought this was cute

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, Please, please go to the doctor and get checked out. It’s aways better to be safe.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, love the vintage mermaid dress on you - It's going to be a tough decision, they all look great! Ugh, sorry the weather has foiled your plans but you and Greg will still have a great weekend together. It's great you've made so much progress on your closet, always feels good to simplify and cut down on the clutter. I have SO much stuff it's ridiculous. Love your platinum wig, gorgeous color! And of course Tommy is as handsome as ever, such a cute pic :love: LOL to the Japanese art of decluttering! I'm the same way about shoes, they have to be completely comfortable, and that can be challenging to find.

Hi @Scandinavian! So great to hear from you, I've been thinking about you and have missed you! I'm really sorry about your furbaby's illnesses, must have been just awful for you and I'm happy he is doing well now. He looks so cute in that pic. :love: Love the pics of your doggies in the snow too, so pretty. Very exciting you are building a cabin! A white kitchen is perfect for a summer home.

@Tekate, love 5 Guys! I don't think we have any In and Out's in my area, will have to check. Looks like we might get some snow this weekend...but we'll be in South Carolina this weekend so luckily we'll miss it!

@marcy, I'm sorry you're still not feeling quite right and If you're still feeling lousy tomorrow I think it's a good idea to get checked out. The new carpet looks fantastic! You must be so excited about the new furniture too. Thank goodness they refunded the money promptly; it's such a pain to have to follow up on stuff like that. The Snoopy cartoon is SO cute! :D

@Calliecake, I'm so sorry to hear your mother fell, it's a scary thing for everyone, especially when it's the head area, and I'm really glad she was checked out and is ok, whew. I hope she doesn't have too many aches and pains from it, and is taking it easy. Sending lots of good thoughts to her, and to you too! I know it's a stressful thing to go through.

Thanks for your nice words about my dd! Your niece sounds very similar to my dd...dd prefers working with younger children too. I really hope it works our for your niece! Have a wonderful time with your precious grandniece, and lol to kids loving Target...so true!

I should be fine traveling by myself with the kitty...the only part that makes me nervous is security because I have to take her out of the carrier, but she did ok last time.

@Jimmianne, that picture is so adorable! They really do like each other :kiss2: Your day sounds wonderful, it involves my two favorite things, reading and surfing the net lol. I haven't read any Dan Brown books but I should, I think I would like them.

@Austina, your cruise sounds absolutely fabulous! How wonderful to be visiting such warm and sunny places, such a great way to break up a cold and dreary winter. Imgagine how beautiful Bella is going to look in all that sunshine!

I haven't even started packing for the trip, I guess I'll do it tomorrow lol, nothing like waiting until the last minute - we won't be there that long so I really don't need to pack much anyway.

Have a good Thursday everyone! Will check in soon!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia!

Starting to get really cold here now. I have been a good girl today and went to the gym before going to the office this morning. Forgot (i.e. didn’t have time) to blow-dry my hair, so it completely froze from my brief walk. Oh well. Starting to defrost again now. I looked like the princess in Frozen when I got here this morning. Not so bad really, lol.

June, I know absolutely diddly squat nada nothing about cats. But would it be possible to have a little dog-like harness on her? So that you have something to hold on to when you take her out of her bag if she gets scared? Imagine that saying “sit” to a cat has even less effect than it has on my dogs, lol.

Callie! Missed you too! So sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she is better today. Falling is no fun at any age. My wardrobe looks like yours. But perhaps a hurricane stopped by more than a bomb.. I’m not too good at putting everything in its right place after trying everything on just to discover that I have nothing to wear… Hm…. Must by more…??

Missy!! You know me too well!!! That is exactly the picture I was thinking of! Thank you!! I’m having a really hard time deciding between white or black countertop. I love your picture. But I also like this one.

smg kitchen.jpg

Perhaps you could get away with a nice pair of ballerinas?

Marcy, I think perhaps you should visit the ER or something. That really does not sound too well. Please be careful. And perhaps a couple of days home from work?

Anyways, here is the house we plan to build if we can just get the permit. Everything has to be applied for, it is in a "protected" area because it is close to the sea. Not protecting the environment, but people's right to use nature/beaches/forrest for walking, swimming, fishing etc. So there is a lot of rules to avoid people building too much close to the sea. But I think we will be ok, at least I hope so. We have one permit for a house that we don't want to build (waaaay too big and with a helicopter platform...) so we just want to change it for another house that we actually want to build lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 safe travels to you and Princess Zoe and I am keeping you in my thoughts for an easy and safe trip. Taking Zoe out of the carrier at the airport is scary but she'll do just fine. She is now a seasoned traveler but yes it is nerve wracking taking the kitties out of the carrier. To that end sending you lots and lots of safe travel dust for an easy trip. And hope you have a wonderful weekend in SC. Yes our travel plans are foiled as we were going to head to the beach house this AM but we are skipping it due to 2 storms heading our way. Tonight through Friday AM and then again Sunday and Monday. LOL just in time for my endocrinologist appointment. Hope it's not a sign. I know you get it about decluttering. How did we all accumulate so much stuff. I comfort myself with the thought that others will enjoy all the (new) shoes I collected and gave away. We dropped it off in the Goodwill bin last night. I had a few pangs of regret as some of them were so adorable and not ever worn but now they will hopefully be enjoyed and worn. And it is nice having all this extra closet space which is already being filled. It's amazing how the space goes poof. Haha. Good luck with packing today and have a wonderful weekend and stay warm and cozy. Sending you love and hugs.

@AV_ 2 days of pen to paper and I hope your thesis is coming along nicely. Old fashioned is not a bad way to go and I still sort of hunt and peck while typing believe it or not. LOL I guess typing is not my forte. Though when I take pen to paper no one can read my handwriting. I am a lost cause what can I say. I always had illegible handwriting so maybe it was destined that I go into the healthcare field. And my hunt and peck typing can go quickly so I guess all is not lost. :cheeky: Hope you are having a good week. XO.

@Sandeek how are you doing? There are some storms heading our way and please be safe and if the roads are treacherous take a day off work. Take care of yourself and put yourself first. Thinking good thoughts for you and sending more hugs and healing vibes your way. (((Hugs))).

@marcy how is your head today? Maybe get it checked out by the doctor if it is still bothering you? Yes to getting all your furniture soon and completing the pretty new rooms. And yay to receiving your credit for the carpet already. Sweet. Boo to snow and cold heading your (and our) way Friday. Stay warm and please make sure to get checked out if your head is still bothering you. Love that Snoopy cartoon.

@Calliecake hope you had a good visit with your mom last night and enjoyed the vegetable soup. Stay warm and safe.

@Jimmianne how's your week going? I don't know if you will be getting the same cold and snow we are but if so please remain safe and enjoy. When snow first falls it is quite lovely isn't it? Which brings me to Scandi...

@Scandinavian lovely scene. I am glad I chose the right kitchen photo for you. Yes I love both black and white countertops but am glad I went with white since we have back in Brooklyn. But I am loving the white at the beach house. It is such a crisp clean and bright look. Just what we were going for...you cannot go wrong either way and have fun with it. I cannot believe a year ago today we were right in the middle of all the kitchen renos. What a winter that one was. Greg teaching at the law school and working full time and managing the kitchen reno long distance plus a myriad of health issues and other issues. We got through it and whew. How are the fur babies doing today? Hugs to you and your furbabies and your human children as well and say hey to your dh from Greg and me.

So yesterday was an eventful day and I accomplished a lot. My parents visited and I gave my mom all the clothes I had sorted from my closets (still a number of closets I have not gotten to but in due time) and we also had a nice visit. Of course when they left she forgot her phone lol and it was like an "I Love Lucy" comedy trying to get in touch with them before they got too far away for her to retrieve her phone. They always forget something. Canes, phones, you name it. And I tried on some of my alternative hair for my mom and she tried on some too. :bigsmile: She preferred the longer wigs on me but I preferred the shorter ones. Probably because the shorter ones are more comfy.

And my Rx glasses came last night as did Greg's 2 pairs. I am still waiting for my Rx sunglasses to arrive. They have not yet been completed. I am disappointed with how long it is taking but I have so many Rx sunglasses it is no emergency for sure. I just enjoy getting things in the mail. Hahaha. Like a kid at Christmas what can I say.8)

And I found another black tie dress (with the tags still on them lol) from 2 years ago. It was the runner up dress from the last black tie affair we went to at the museum and I never wore it and forgot about it. Looks black in the photo but it is a dark blue and black combo. Zoom in on it if you want to see the design. My mom preferred this one but as of now my top choice is the low neckline black mermaid dress. I left that one at the beach and we won't be there for another few weeks but when we get back there Greg will alter it for me and make it just right hopefully. Here's a photo of the dress I found while shopping in my closet yesterday. It's amazing what we can find there right?:lol: This one is more A line and not a mermaid shape and it has a 3 D design on it. It's very pretty up close but does not photograph as lovely as it is. I still think I prefer the black mermaid dress with the deep V neckline.

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.19.21 AM.png

OK girls enough rambling from me....have a lovely day and sending you all (((hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian What do you mean by 'cabin' ? The kind of place I might think of comes with a fire pit.

@missy I hear you about hand writing... Even I cannot quite read mine: I'd be able to sort of guess what the words are as long as I remember what I intended to say, but not for long. Long Live Illiteracy! (Letterism?) Of course, I was told that I have a doc's writting, but I have ever known that any kind of medicine will get to me & sternly recoiled from such hints/temptetations.

This is the first I am typing on a new tablet, sure enough (also a 9.7 in - it seems to be the largest I am comfortable with after all). Still, paper is clearly back into my life. No fun transcribing scribbles, but it feels luxuriosly quiet.

Your call for comfortable evening shoes got me thinking of wider heels - www ; perhaps you might find a useful model from DVN.

On with the day

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ Can I ask what you are writing? Sounds interesting! I’m calling it a cabin because that is the most direct translation to what we call anything that is not our house LOL. But it is more a sommer house / beach house but it is our summer weekend cabin, if you get what I mean :lol: And it WILL have a fireplace if not a pit... :lol-2:

@missy The time goes by so so quickly! I love the fabric in that dress! Countertops are so difficult. Talk about world problems... :oops:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian I am writing a thesis on a rather obscure matter of spectroscopy; I am drowning stress & dread of it all on this thread ,)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@NIRDI's! hi everyone.. I have been busy in and out of the house etc.

@Scandinavian Thank you for the lovely shout out.. I am so sorry about your furbaby but am very happy to read things are improving.. I have a dog and I love her with my whole heart she centers us in many ways. Your dogs are magnificent and I read you are building a cabin/winter house, I can't wait to watch your pictures as things progress :) Kitchen countertops are always interesting and yes I hear you on the 'problems'. :) The house you plan on building looks beautiful... I am in favor of rules of beaches and allowing everyone access to the beach in a fair and equitable way, the ocean and sea and lakes imho belong to everyone. Will you be able to hear the sea? that to me is the best thing ever.. hearing waves, it mellowed me out just writing that! and if do have access to a helicopter and pad I'll be over soon enough!!!! ;-) ask @Jimmianne i'm always threatening to visit her house in France! j/k of course.. the house is bucolic!!!

@Jimmianne Yes I am closer to the arctic and it's cold! we are due for tons of snow I read, Sunday night.. so eek on that but what can you do :) Have you adjusted to the time change? I swear it takes me 3 weeks or more and I only go away for 2 weeks max. Like the sneakers, wish I could wear this stuff today.

@junebug17 have a safe flite, and I'm sure your furbaby will be fine :) enjoy the southern weather which will be way better than Maine's!

@missy Goodness Missy girl, that is a whole lotta dresses, I like them all on you!!!! jeez, but there is a je ne sais quoi about the mermaid dress to me, I can't put my finger on the word but it looks spectacular as they all do.. no matter what Missy you look beautiful. I'm happy to read your mom and dad are taking your shoes and things to a place where I am sure they will be reused and cared for, it's a good thing Looking forward to seeing a pix of your new glasses on you!! Did the endocrinologist give you any insight on things?

@marcy I am sorry to read that you are still having a bit of head pain :( it wouldn't hurt to get a C/T scan just to be on the safe side. The house looks beautiful Marcy.. I love the rug(s).. looking forward to seeing the new bedroom furniture.

@Calliecake I am so sorry to read about your mom Callie.. I hope she is doing much better... sending love your way and her's of course.. you stay warm please!! Callie, I love my nieces, each and every one of them holds my heart. None has had a baby yet, but I'm sure they will. My sister's daughter is my closest, I suppose because I know her the best and I was there from 1980 when she was born.. I love her so.

@Austina Hello dear lady! your cruise sounds magificent, I've been to some of the places you are going.. Roatan I loved, Cozumel is always just beautiful to sit on the ship and look at the water :) I've never cruised to Key West but I've been there and all I can say is wow, it's spectacular, we had so much fun there. I love cruising.. especially in warm places!!! I know we will speak again but wishing you a happy, WARM, fun, journey, wish I were going !!!!

@AV_ you've been quite busy! are you taking time for yourself I hope? I have a general idea that you live in Spain? I've been to Spain a few times and first I love the food there, I love the weather and I love pasta there! truth, the BEST pasta dish I ever had was in Barcelona. Maybe I am wrong and am not trying to pry for sure but hoping you are experiencing good weather!

I've been involved in the planning of Cara's baby shower, if I could write a book about my DIL's family etc I would but suffice to say that they and I have a different idea of 'family'. So anyway, I have been assertive in what I won't do, because I have already incurred lost money in getting to the shower. John and I discussed it over and over and he didn't want me flying back to Portland to get up at 5:00 a.m. to catch a 10:00 flight from Boston to Austin, so I will be coming back from Dominican Republic and staying the night at a hotel at the airport (forgot which one) then get up in the morning and take a shuttle back to the airport.. now this means I can't go home and unpack and pack up just for Austin, I have to bring my clothes for Austin too, it's just annoying... As I said this is the South by Southwest Festival weekend in Austin and traffic will make NYC looks like a two lane road with horses because it's C R A Z Y in Austin, the roads can't handle the cars on a daily basis.. I'm going to stay at my bestie's house, not sure if she will be in Austin as they travel for his job (right now they are in Hong Kong).. they have graciously offered me the use of her hubsters car while I'm there, so that will be great but I dunno, the traffic ugh.. I'm all about catering the thing, my co-hosters are all about saving the money etc, which in turn gives me stress to the max.. so far I bought the crib and the porta crib for them so as gifts go I'm fine, I think I told you all that I'm giving Mike my earrings his dad gave to me when he was born.. so I guess I make the stress, 30 people I don't know will be there which is fine too I should stop wanking. :)

My son Chris is officially no longer working for Wal-Mart and will be leaving Bentonville Monday or early Tuesday for his trek to New York City! and his new job.. I worry worry worry but my husband just laughs.. I know he will be okay but weather, and his car etc. I am a worry worry wart. Driving in the city is scary to me..

Yesterday I went out to lunch and to a movie with my bestie from high school. two old white haired ladies at the CineMax!! so Casey texted me and said what movie do you want to see, and I text back anything but the one about the dog (that was the day b4 yesterday) and then we meet at the Thai place and yak and yak as we've not seen each other in a few monts and so we are late to the CineMagic! and so I say to her, what movie we seeing and she says: The dog one.. LOL I swear this is truth, so I say OK! and off we go to see "A Dogs Way Home".. so okay I love dogs I love animals but I read this movie was lame, so the CineMagic! now has reclining chairs, so Casey get's settled and falls asleep for the whole movie and I watched the whole movie (there was us and a couple our age behind us that is all).. the movie wasn't as bad as they said but there were 4 more at least I would rather have seen.. so my guess is she didn't read my whole text and thought I said "the dog movie" and I was afraid she hadn't read my text at all and she wanted to see the dog movie!!! well we've known each other since 1967 and we've weathered many things so at our late ages now it's not surprising we both tried to do something for the other! she is swell.

So tomorrow the cleaning service comes! my happy day!!!

I'm going to attach a pix of my DIL's wedding bouquet that my niece Katie did for Cara as a gift!

mucho love to you all!

1934.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I have lived in Granad a for over three yeras & I am looking to settle in the Alpunjarras - a very old school part of the country. This old dream is possible as my work is shifting more and more to home.

YES to taking my time... It does help that just about everyone I know fell off the tracks with exhaustion once; so I am getting these wry smiles all the times ,)

Barcelona: I sure have been, and the town seems ferociously big to me; locals would say it is foreign & NYC-like (relatively speaking - for laughs!). The south of Spain is quite different - barren & quaint... Granada is the largest city of a large province, with all that is expected of a historical capital of much - & it still dies out on weekends.

Spanish pasta: I am finding some - if I go out of the way to a department store. What Italians do with pasta, locals do with rice & call it paella (an absurdly good idea!). I have been eating out intently just to see what this should be like - and there is no end in sight.

rambling

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Callie, i am better today; I am watching out for anything strange. Thank you.

Junebug, I am still working on throwing out something every week. Darn clutter. Nice that you’ll miss the snow. I wish I could say that. i was probably going to go to the doctor today but I felt better. Thank goodness. I was happy the refunded our money without asking for it. I hope Zoe does well with security. Good luck packing. Have a safe trip and enjoy SC.

Scandi, sorry it’s so cold there. I was freezing at work all day; tomorrow I am digging out top and bottom thermal underwear. That is a fabulous looking kitchen. I was glad to see I felt better today because i was ready to call the doctor. That’s saying something for me. Good luck getting the permit for the cabin you want to build.

Missy, I hope you don’t get much snow with this storm. It looked like the significant amounts were well before your area. it’s hard to say. Stay safe and warm. That is definitely part of the fun of cleaning out clutter; now you have room to fill it up again. Funny you mentioned your handwriting and going in to the healthcare field. I was going to say that. I am feeling better today; thank you. You did have a busy day. Nice to visit with your parents and darn that she forgot her phone. I like the dress you found; it looks great too. Such a tough decision for you.

AV, nice that you have a new tablet. What is your field since you are writing about spectroscopy? Very cool.

Kate, I think you are in the big snow event zone. Glad you have your generator ready. Stay safe and warm. Thank you. I am trying to picture how our furniture will look in our bedroom. I am doing better today so will keep an eye out for any issues. I am glad you are so close to you niece. It is a special bond. Good luck on the co-planning the baby shower. I’m with you on catering; it’s worth it to me. How exciting for Chris to be moving on to his new job. It sounds like you had a nice time with your friend even if you guys didn’t see the a movie of choice. Gorgeous bouquet Katie made for Cara.

Sandeek,I hope you are doing okay.

I am glad Friday is almost here. Sadly it is going to start snowing tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy The broader field is physics-chemistry, but I am rather lost in it - comming from applied mathematics instead, after some years out of academia.

Of course, this is not how things are done; my thesis has tossed itself together out of private correspondence, then, gifts of laboratory time (bait! - a year worth to begin with & there is ever more comming) & I do feel as if looking back at the tight rope I've walked on blindfolded.

TMI

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, your comment made me chuckle, Yes you may notice some strange things this weekend [like half eaten stuffed bears] but as long as it isn’t in your head we can all relax.
I know you will take care, but please...take care!!!

AV, oh I feel for you. Chemistry was my nemesis. Looking back, I know I could have been “less lost” and would relish the chance to give it another go as a challenge. Back then it was just something standing between me and what I wanted. This is indeed a stressful time on your life. But so glad you found the NIRDIs as they will keep you well supported, even if we can’t help you with your homework, and god forbid a thesis! But interested in your subject as I am at a loss to figure out what an obsure part of spectroscopy might be.

TeKATE, what a beautiful portrait of her wedding flowers and what a great idea. What a pain to have to pack for two trips! Lady, you are the most travelly adventurous person I know! Can you love spending a night at the airport with no responsibilites? I do enjoy that.
I always dread that night alone and then it’s...wow! Bed, TV and snacks! And nothing to do!
Sorry about the snow...I say that to Marcy too. But someone had to receive it...how kind of you to be the ones.

Scandi, lol to “cabin”. I can see you now chopping wood to heat water for a bath in the kitchen.
But it is probably not that kind of cabin : ). Love seeing the dogs in tandem out on the trail. You and they lead a charmed life.:love:

Callie, how is your Mom doing today? Falls are so scary, does it worry her that she fell or has she rebounded from the event? I know how worrisome it is to the kids. NOT fun to have the roles reversed, but isn’t she lucky to have a good daughter. My Austrailian friend in France who is 84 fell and cracked her hip. When she recently recovered, she sold her house and is buying a travel van and plans to live on the road in France as long as she can. It’s hard to control parents! her family must be having a fit. Hopefully your Mom is better behaved.

Sandeek, how are things??:wavey:

Congrats on the declutter, Ms.Missy. Shoes! So hard to part with. Good job.Don’t get rid of any snow boots yet : )

I am slowly geting things done. I don’t get jet lag like I used to...it is barely noticable, except that I feel discombobulated and overwhelmed. OH wait, maybe that’s normal life.
My elderly little dog is finally now totally blind and deaf. He was going down hill and this last time I got home he was in his current state. I’ve never had a dog live this long, so this is a new one to me. He is a cheerful tail wagger, loves to ride in the car and loves to eat. He only weighs about 6 pounds, so I carry him in my sweater and he seems content. He is sleeping about 14 hours a day. He enjoys the yard and knows it so well that he explores as usual and you would never know there is a problem, so I suppose we are OK for now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good snowy Friday morning girls!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@junebug17 safe travels to you and sweet Zoe and have a wonderful weekend.

@Tekate what a gorgeous bouquet Katie made for your DIL Cara's wedding. Lovely.:kiss2: And I love what a thoughtful and meaningful gift it is.

@missy Goodness Missy girl, that is a whole lotta dresses, I like them all on you!!!! jeez, but there is a je ne sais quoi about the mermaid dress to me, I can't put my finger on the word but it looks spectacular as they all do.. no matter what Missy you look beautiful. I'm happy to read your mom and dad are taking your shoes and things to a place where I am sure they will be reused and cared for, it's a good thing Looking forward to seeing a pix of your new glasses on you!! Did the endocrinologist give you any insight on things?

Aww thank you Kate the great! That means a lot coming from you. And my parents took the clothes but we dropped the shoes off to goodwill. There's an area in our building so it's super convenient. In fact I got rid of lots of boots yesterday (the great cleanout of 2019 continues haha..).

My endocrinologist appointment is this coming Monday but looks like (at least according to the meteorologists at Eyewitness News) we might be in for blizzard conditions this weekend making Monday an impossible day to head to the endocrinologist. Which would be a bummer as it takes months to get a decent time slot. Otherwise I might be waiting for many hours to see him if they "squeeze" me in another day. So fingers crossed Monday their office remains open and Greg and I can get there.

Ask and ye shall receive...here ya go. LOL. My newest glasses. My new sunglasses have not yet been shipped and no word from them at all since our last communication. I wonder if I am even getting them? Anyway here is a photo of my newest Rx glasses. Not the best photo but I didn't want to leave your wish unanswered.:halo:

missytortoiseglassesandpaigehair.jpg.png

You might notice this is my petite wig. The only one (besides the platinum) that fits me right out of the box. I wish more wig manufacturers made alternative hair for petite heads but oh well. I think I can pull off short and sassy...:kiss: or am I deluding myself? :think:

Big congratulations to Chris! Good things are coming and all well deserved.:appl:I understand your worry but try not to worry too much. He will be fine!

How wonderful you are so involved in the planning of Cara's shower and I am with John and glad you are doing a stopover. Much better that way and you get to catch up with your bestie too. Win win.

Yesterday I went out to lunch and to a movie with my bestie from high school. two old white haired ladies at the CineMax!!

Hahaha can I join you?8) 3 old white haired ladies at the Cinemax. I will bring the air popped popcorn and sea salt. :bigsmile:

platinumpaige.jpeg.png

Enjoy your cleaning lady and clean home today @Tekate! That's a nice feeling having a sparkly clean home.

@Jimmianne speaking of sea salt I am using the sea salt you brought me when you visited...do you remember you brought that for me? Before I was using it and loving it and I want to thank you for thinking of my needs ahead of time. You're the best. XO. And sending your sweet elderly dog lots of hugs and kisses and long may his cheerfulness and good health continue. Glad your jet lag is dissipating but I hear you on maybe that is our new normal. Some form of jet lag whether we have traveled into different time zones or not. LOL.

@marcy looks like we also might get some significant snow if the meteorologists know what they are talking about this time. We shall see. Hope you don't get too much snow and any way it's Friday so that is cause for celebration no matter the weather. I am glad you are feeling better and hope you had a good night's sleep. Snow snow stay away come back NEVER any other day. :lol: Stay warm Marcy and hope you have lots to do this weekend inside and remain entertained and happy. I am trying not to get cabin fever myself it's so cold out and I am staying inside and comfy cozy. Poor Greg headed to the beach this AM and is there already as he has stuff to do there. Fingers crossed he has a safe trip back. The weather is sort of iffy right now and below freezing and we had snow (albeit a little bit only so far) this AM. Hope work goes fast today and your weeekend starts early.

@Sandeek how are you feeling? Woohoo it's Friday and hold on tight it might be a cold snowy weekend and I hope you are staying warm and comfy cozy with your dh and family. Thinking of you and sending bucketloads of good wishes and healing hugs your way. XOXO.

This is the first I am typing on a new tablet, sure enough (also a 9.7 in - it seems to be the largest I am comfortable with after all). Still, paper is clearly back into my life. No fun transcribing scribbles, but it feels luxuriosly quiet.

Your call for comfortable evening shoes got me thinking of wider heels - www ; perhaps you might find a useful model from DVN.

Congrats on your new tablet and love that it is quiet. And 9.7 inches is a great size. My huge iPad is wonderful but unless one has large hands (I do) it would be challenging to handle. I can hold it and type while I am on my elliptical haha. I doubt many people can easily do that. But my man hands make it possible.:cheeky: Glad your writing is going well and yes transcribing our scribbles is super challenging. Comfy evening shoes...probably doing ballet flats or something similar. I have not worn anything with a heel for decades I think unless you count my blocky SW low heels (under an inch I think)...those I can do. Speaking of boots I got rid of so many pairs yesterday some really lovely ones. From the UK (DUO) but the decluttering continues. I am being (sort of) ruthless. Poor Ruth and that use of her name. No offense to any Ruths.

Spanish pasta: I am finding some - if I go out of the way to a department store. What Italians do with pasta, locals do with rice & call it paella (an absurdly good idea!). I have been eating out intently just to see what this should be like - and there is no end in sight.

Yummm. Hope you were successful in your search and it sounds quite delicious. Buon Appetito!

@Scandinavian have a lovely weekend and good luck with your newest renos. Cannot wait to see the finished home.:appl:

@Calliecake hope your mom continues to feel better and that her bruises heal quickly. Have a lovely day with J and stay warm.

Have a lovely Friday girls! And if you must
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif
please do it safely. Better yet hire someone else to do it.:sun:
(((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thanks. I feel...life lagged* [see below] as I do NOT remember the salt. Now THAT sounds like a weird gift to bring to a NYC girl, but maybe it was from France?? Anyway, I am happy that you are using it and thinking of me. It’s been so long since I was there, but it is one of my top fond memories.
Weather here will be weird...60 on Saturday, 55 on Sunday, and 17 on Sunday night! But no snow...leaving that to the experts with spiked boots!

We have to think of a name for permanently life-induced jert lag...*life lag : ) ??
[rhymes with sag. Ugh. LOL]
I’m spending the morning shopping for [new & tagged] designer cloithes at rockbottom prices. While alternately cleaning out closets. But now to the barn. I swear...without those horses I would be 100 years older. Taking care of them takes the sag out of lag. <3

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

A little late for good morning, but good afternoon perhaps?
Hope you are having a wonderful day! I have been to the vet for a routine check up on both dogs. So thankful that it vent well, they are both healthy. Our oldest needs to get her teeth cleaned, but that’s no biggie. I got an appointment for her on Tuesday.

@Tekate, I love the ocean too! It is a quiet stretch of sea, if that makes any sense to you. So we can hear the waves when there are any to hear, but most of the time it is pretty quiet. The cabin-house will be about 50 meters from the waterline. It is a very rural place and very charming, but not good for surfing, lol. As if I could ever go surfing, I absolutely hate having my head under water. The story about the dog move is too funny! LOL. And don’t worry, your son will be just fine. It is good to spread your wings a little. Makes moving back home more interesting. The arctic winds are here too now.

@AV_ I love the old town of Barcelona, but not the rest of the city for some reason. You are not too far from me then. Spectroscopy sounds very interesting. I loved reading physics when I was in school/university. If you are ever in the mood to go babbling on about it, please do. I almost studied theoretical mathematics but chickened out because I didn’t know what to use it for workwise.

@marcy, Yes, wool layers certainly becomes part of life here in the winter, lol. Especially for skiing. Even colder here today. Have you heard anything about when you will get the new furniture?

@Jimmianne, no, the wood chopping water warming thing will have to wait for hunting season when we travel a bit further away from civilisation LOL. But I will be doing some tree planting and might even get a big wood-fire-heated bath-tub-spa-thing installed on the lawn overlooking the sea. As long as the dog is happy and eating, I think it is OK and he still has a good life. No eating combined with whimpering signs is another issue..

@missy, I think you would look good in a clown wig. But I do prefer the brown hair on you, and as long as possible. LOL. Sorry. I know shorter is more comfy for you. But I just love your natural look. I’ll post some more kitchen pictures later to get your input. You are my kitchen pro. How are the kitties?? Much love to them from T and F. They are very proud of themselves, we visited friends over the weekend on New Year and they have a cat (as well as two dogs). And neither T nor F tried to chase or eat him. Good doggies.

Merry weekend y'all!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy I LOVE:love::love: the new glasses.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy love the glasses and the hair!!!

@Scandinavian your new lot/home sounds just wonderful Scandi* I am sure you will be in heaven there... so glad your pups did well today, for our dog they put her under sedation to clean her teeth, is it the same in your country? Thank you for your comforting words about my little (27) year old guy ;-) I believe you are right, but the weather here is rocky to say the least.. Snow, sleet etc.. he's a good guy, even thought 2 years ago he received a speeding ticket for going 99mph, which in Texas really is fast but many places in Texas the speed limit is 80mph.. sons.. <shrug> I can only do so much.

everyone have a wonderful happy weekend!!!!

Kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy my full text was cut off!

Missy, thank you for your support re: Christopher.. I am frightened as hell but then again you guys are right, he'll be fine.. just get's me nervous. I LOVE both glasses Missy, very much.. do you buy your glasses on the web? if so if you need to adjust them do you do this yourself? My glasses always go screwed up.. I hit fifty and one ear dropped I guess so now all my glasses end up tilted.. I go back to Costco and they adjust (if the optician/lady/guy knows what they are doing : )) and then eventually they go tilted again.. never used to happen when I was young.. dunno, age is not for the foolsish! thank you for the info on the endocrinologist. Thank you also on your words about Cara's shower, it's a headache, but I stand firm!!! glad you were able to off-lift your boots etc in your own building! awesome.. House is clean but I just noticed they are using windex on my granite.. that is a nonono! fix that next time. (Missy, you are beautiful inside and out, truth).

@AV_ paella..!!! I'm coming! love it. love pasta.. all love my hips and butt! ;-) your life sounds so interesting to me.. and quite brilliant you are, and Scandi* all that math stuff, my husband has a degree in math and one in computer programming and he's a smartie pants like you girls! have a wonderful weekend AV..

@Jimmianne thank you Jimmi* it's a nice thing that Kate did, she's a good woman.. and so is Cara! And Yes Marcy and I will take your snow ;-) have a great weekend. It's interesting about our animals, they adjust so well to going deaf and blind.. they are so wonderful to have.. Yes if he is doing okay then he's happy.

@Calliecake how's your mom?

@marcy Yes I am in the big snow event.. my husband wants the electricty to off! SMH on men. I am happy to read your feeling better, a real head knock hurts for a long time, and our brains only have this itty bitty skull and some liquid around our brain so a good knocking hurts...Marcy girl stay in, make popcorn or martini's!! put a fire in that gorgeous fireplace... grin and bear they say to us folks up here in Maine.. why not grin and enjoy it.. I don't work anymore so a weekday is a weekend day, but I do know when I worked I hated it when I was cooped up for one of my weekend days..

@canuk-gal hope your weather is decent, hope you are having a great week and a super fun weekend, and warm too!

sorry about 2 postings but somehow I erased some of my first post!

kate the GReaT

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@missy, love the last dress you posted, I "think" it might be my favorite, I love the material.:love: So hard to choose lol, they all look lovely on you! Love the short wig length on you too, I think it's very flattering on you. Your new glasses are really nice and look great on you too. Sounds like you and your mom had fun trying on wigs together lol, but oh no to them forgetting their phone - never a dull moment! :P2 Fingers crossed the weathermen are wrong and the storm turns out to be nothing. :pray:

@Calliecake, how is your mother feeling? I hope she's resting and is recovering from the whole experience.

@av, congratulations on your new tablet! I am glad you have rediscovered writing and are enjoying the peace and quiet :P2 Good luck with your work, I hope you are making progress.

@Tekate, ugh to all the rigamarole of gettinhg to the shower! I think it's a really good idea to stay in an airport hotel overnight - sounds like it will save you some stress and some running around. Incovenient that you have to pack for the two trips, but I'm sure you will have a great time, and it will be quite the adventure lol! What a generous gift you are giving, it's going to be a huge help to the parents. And the gift of bling is awesome too! And believe me, I understand worrying about your son, I'm a worry wart too, and fret over every.single.thing - but he'll be fine, try not to worry too much mama! Your movie story is too funny - It's a riot your friend feel asleep...and talk about crossed signals lol - so nice that you have such a long-term friend though, very special. And omighosh, Katie's painting of Cara's bouquet is amazing!!! It is so beautfiully done, she is really talented.

@marcy, great news that you are feeling noticably better! Please take it easy this weekend and just rest up...Doctor junebug's orders lol! It's too bad you're getting snow, but now you have the perfect excuse to follow my orders :kiss2:

@Jimmianne, how great that you don't experience too much jet lag anymore. And yeah, I think overwhelmed and discombobulated is my normal state these days! And lol to life lag, I think I have that :P2 Ah well, all we can do is plug along and do the best we can...some days are easier than others, that's for sure. Aw, sorry about your little doggie's recent decline but he sounds otherwise happy and healthy so it's all good for now. Please give him an extra cuddle and make it from me <3

@Scandinavian, the harness is a great suggestion and I will definitely consider trying it, thank you!!! Oh wow, the house you are building is just beautiful, so charming :love: You have excellent taste so I know this place is going to be amazing. And yes, definitely do the spa/tub/bath thing! We had black countertops and white cabinets in our previous house is South Carolina, and I loved the look so much. Very happy to hear both furbabies did well at the vet, must be such a relief to you after all you have been through with T. (((Hugs)))

Zoe and I made it here safe and sound...I think we were both a bit stressed but everything went smoothly lol. I made it to the house first so went to the grocery store, and dh showed up later on. We're working on doing a whole lot of nothing and it's great lol. The weather is pleasant and fairly mild, although a slight chill in the air...but better than NJ so I shouldn't complain haha.

Hope everyone is having a good start to their weekend! xxx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results