carat
color
clarity

My kitty is sick

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
E1B73081-8FB0-4628-A41A-14BF766AA02C.jpeg

He hasn’t been himself so I took him to the vet last week and the vet said he had an allergy to a flea bite and gingivitis. He went in today for dental treatment but blood tests showed that his kidneys aren’t working properly so he is staying in for investigation. He’s only 8.

My fiancé is in bits, my 16 year old lady cat had to be pts because of kidney failure 2 and a bit years ago. I’m at work, I’m really worried. My son will be upset if anything happens to him. Please get better!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry :( I hope they can help your kitty :(

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh my, poor baby! I hope it's nothing, we do worry so much about our fur babies. My 11yo King Charles Spaniel recently had to have surgery (he swallowed one of my kids toys and it had to be removed from his stomach) and it was SO nerve wracking! sad :(( my daughter cried and cried until he came home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E1B73081-8FB0-4628-A41A-14BF766AA02C.jpeg

He hasn’t been himself so I took him to the vet last week and the vet said he had an allergy to a flea bite and gingivitis. He went in today for dental treatment but blood tests showed that his kidneys aren’t working properly so he is staying in for investigation. He’s only 8.

My fiancé is in bits, my 16 year old lady cat had to be pts because of kidney failure 2 and a bit years ago. I’m at work, I’m really worried. My son will be upset if anything happens to him. Please get better!

Oh no I am so sorry. :cry2:
Sending your sweet kitty lots and lots of healing dust for a full recovery.:pray:

fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. Maybe since they caught it before severe symptoms showed they will be able to fix it. Prayers to you and your kitty.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, picking him up in a couple of hours so fingers crossed.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DUST!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this @LJsapphire and I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and dust - he is so, so sweet.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed an early diagnosis of kidney issues means there’s lots that can be done. Little guy looks really sweet. I hope he gets well soon

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
His urea and creatine levels are really high so he’s had fluids and has to go back tomorrow. We’ve given the go ahead for blood pressure test and scans to see if they can see anything wrong with the kidneys. Hopefully the levels will come down and it can be managed with the renal food.

He’s usually so affectionate, always has to be on or next to one of us and he sleeps between us on the bed. But this past week he’s been hiding under my son’s bed and we’ve barely seen him. We wondered if the antibiotic or steroid injection that the vet gave last week might have caused a reaction. Originally took him in because he was excessively grooming and had a bald spot between his shoulders and he had been fussy with his food but we also noticed his breath smelled bad.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A vet gave our kitty a steroid injection for a topical itch and due to an undiagnosed heart defect (cat was a rescue) it went into heart failure and died.We had her for less than four months. She was always hiding so we could not see any change in behavior to get her to the vet earlier. So be careful with those steroid injections with cats.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A vet gave our kitty a steroid injection for a topical itch and due to an undiagnosed heart defect (cat was a rescue) it went into heart failure and died.We had her for less than four months. She was always hiding so we could not see any change in behavior to get her to the vet earlier. So be careful with those steroid injections with cats.

oh that's really sad :cry2: Sorry to hear about your kitty :((

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, poor baby! I hope everything turns out ok, sending dust!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, such a worrisome time for you! Sending heap of healing vibes to your precious kitty!!

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hope kitty feels better

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping your sweet kitty oat is feeling better and on the mend. Sending hugs, fur babies are still our “babies”.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and your sweet Kitty @LJsapphire and praying for his recovery. (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poor kitty! I hope she feels better soon! :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending dust...lots and lots. I hope they can manage whatever is ailing him and he lives a long happy life!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He's back from day 2. The vet said she's pleased with him but we're keeping him at home until Friday to see how his kidneys manage on their own. Another blood test on Friday evening to see how he's doing. Then we will know how bad they are. They scanned them today and they had shrunk so we showing signs of chronic kidney disease. His blood pressure isn't bad though so he won't need tablets for it.

poorly smudge 2.jpg poorly smudge 3.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed that he continues to show signs of improvement! He's such a handsome fella.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweetheart..I hope he continues to do well at home and his blood test shows improvement..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what to say but still following the updates on kitty and hoping he'll feel better soon. Sounds like he's in great hands with the vet and all that you are doing. ((Hugs))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's back from day 2. The vet said she's pleased with him but we're keeping him at home until Friday to see how his kidneys manage on their own. Another blood test on Friday evening to see how he's doing. Then we will know how bad they are. They scanned them today and they had shrunk so we showing signs of chronic kidney disease. His blood pressure isn't bad though so he won't need tablets for it.

poorly smudge 2.jpg poorly smudge 3.jpg

Aww what a sweetie. Sending more healing dust and good thoughts your way. Praying kitty makes a full recovery and is doing well at home. (((Hugs))).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope he is doing well today and you'll get good news from the blood work Friday. Hang in there! I know it is hard when our furries are sick.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a handsome chap. I hope he continues to improve and you get a good management plan for his kidney disease.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results