shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Clouds

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I second Karl's sentiment. There is something really fun about talking to an expert who knows the personality of the diamond and can speak about it directly.

tarac

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, I will follow up on it.

I was concerned about generalized diminishment of light return. I suspect the large cloud regions circled on the report are areas where several smaller clouds are, but I have heard things like: clouds that cover a quarter of the diamond can reduce light return.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is more cloud density that is going to impact light return rather than size.
A smaller cloud with more inclusions can have a larger impact than a larger one with fewer inclusions.
Ask Brian about it.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Set up an appointment to talk to Brian about the stone on the phone.
It would be a lot of fun and educational.

Yes, most definitely talk to Brian about it. He will give you an honest assessment of the stone. I do not believe the cloud will be an issue or have a negative impact on performance; it is a Black afterall.

tarac

Rough_Rock
4B14C04D-AD8B-4AD8-A456-CFC9DB9A1378.jpeg

That’s a good point. He has it in front of him and can let me know. I saw these giant circles and that there were additional clouds and thought it might all be too much. I guess clouds are complex!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I guess clouds are complex!
They are.
I know that myself and many others here would consider it an honor to speak to Brian about a diamond.
If it can be arranged your in for a treat.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are.
I know that myself and many others here would consider it an honor to speak to Brian about a diamond.
If it can be arranged your in for a treat.
Yup, fun to talk with Brian. I Learn something new about diamonds every time after I spoke with him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results