shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone needs to buy this stone - PSA!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this stone on hold with BN for a few days intending to buy, but went in a different direction at the very last moment to match rose gold instead of platinum. But I was seriously excited about this stone and thought it was an incredible find - one of those unicorn diamonds you hear about so often but almost never see.

This is a GLORIOUS modern cushion. It's an SI2 and priced accordingly, but it's VERY clean. It has no crushed ice effect, and it has a comparably small table for a modern cushion.

It's over 2ct and it's an H color.

At $10,605 dollars, and with the specs and appearance it has, it's a FIND.

If you're looking for a substantial, beautiful, modern cushion with excellent specs, I'm not sure how a person could go past this one. Just putting this PSA out there in case someone is looking for something like this; if I could afford it, I'd have bought the one I eventually got, and this one as well.

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD11542653?track=Detlink11

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not much of a modern cushion girl, but that's a beautiful stone!

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a great stone! And so rare to find such nice faceting from BN

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone is so clean I misread it to be VS2! At 10k it is a crazy good deal!!! Definitely a unicorn!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
well someone bought it! hopefully they come around and post lots of pics for us!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You find the most incredible stuff @mrs-b!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I’m cooking dinner so don’t know if you know..but someone is purchasing that cushion! I went over to look and it was pending!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I’m cooking dinner so don’t know if you know..but someone is purchasing that cushion! I went over to look and it was pending!

@Mamabean - someone mentioned it a few posts back on this page, and I'm so pleased! I'm trying to encourage them to step forward if it's a PSer!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean - someone mentioned it a few posts back on this page, and I'm so pleased! I'm trying to encourage them to step forward if it's a PSer!!
I want to eventually get another engagement ring bigger than mine but still keep my present one. I want the big stone that’s cheap...relatively speaking..:lol: I’m going to ask you to help me find one because you seem to find the best stones!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I just put this cushion on hold for me..confirming it’s eye-clean..If it is then I will have David make me a setting and I’ll have a second ring to alternate! I never thought I would do a SI2 but if it’s eye clean I’m going for it! They said they will check and email me after someone looks it over and confirms it is..Fingers crossed!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I just put this cushion on hold for me..confirming it’s eye-clean..If it is then I will have David make me a setting and I’ll have a second ring to alternate! I never thought I would do a SI2 but if it’s eye clean I’m going for it! They said they will check and email me after someone looks it over and confirms it is..Fingers crossed!
Wait, who ever had it on hold before let it off and you snatched it up!!??

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait, who ever had it on hold before let it off and you snatched it up!!??
Yup! :lol: It has a black carbon spot under the table but I’m confirming it’s eye clean before I purchase it. My daughter in law has a SI1 that has a huge one under the table but you can’t see it at all and I’ve looked. Hers is very well cut so is masked by the sparkle..Fingers crossed! It’s a deal for that size!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! :lol: It has a black carbon spot under the table but I’m confirming it’s eye clean before I purchase it. My daughter in law has a SI1 that has a huge one under the table but you can’t see it at all and I’ve looked. Hers is very well cut so is masked by the sparkle..Fingers crossed! It’s a deal for that size!
lol I love it! So glad it's going to a PSer!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m just waiting to see if it’s eye clean! If it is I’m buying it! I wonder why the other person gave it up! Maybe it’s not eye clean...:pray:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

oh fingers and toes crossed! it looks like a pretty stone!!!:geek2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEEEKKK!!! I hope you buy it, @Mamabean!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats @Mamabean!

If it doesn't work out that can be my wedding gift from you. I will be like @Dancing Fire and have a bigger stone than my wife. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS - And if anyone sees an inclusion I will wait for them to get close and then pop them in the eye. :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean! How wonderful!

I used to own an H SI2 cushion, and I couldn't see a single mark in it. Keep in mind, due to the cut, it's hard to see inclusions in a cushion cut. Either way, I do hope this comes back to your liking - it's a STELLAR stone. And - what a find!

Any ideas on how you'd like to set it?

I suspect someone let it go because they thought it wasn't eye clean - and there's a very good reason why, if that's *not* true, that mistake can still be made.

Blue Nile holds set paperwork on all their diamonds. They're filled out to a pre-standing template. There is a question on the template - "Is this stone eye clean?" The computer AUTOMATICALLY fills in 'no' if the diamond hasn't been specifically checked and the box filled out in the affirmative. The box is never left blank.

I wanted to buy a 5ct cushion from BN a while back. It was an AMAZING stone. I called and asked if it was eye clean, and unfortunately spoke to a newbie person unfamiliar with the way their software works. They told me it wasn't eye clean. Some months later, I was speaking to a BN rep I'd worked with before, and we were chatting about various projects. She said "Ooooohhhh! I see you let that gorgeous cushion go!" I said - "Yes. It wasn't eye clean." She said "Oh, yes it was! And I'm looking at the email confirming it was clean even as we speak!" This matched my own estimation of the stone, and it had looked AMAZINGLY clean for an SI2, and I had been quite sure it was going to come back as eye clean. Apparently the person after me, who *did* buy it, received better service than me from someone who knew how to work the template, and BN had followed through with the dealer, who confirmed it was eye clean. When I spoke to them about it months beforehand, it had never been checked, so it was automatically listed as not eye clean.

So all that to say, make certain someone has actually checked! And good luck - I'm so jealous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results