shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is the first portrait like shot I am seeing of you, so I cannot compare with anything. Inasmuch, count one admirer.

gottago

P

PierreBear

Good morning and made it to the office without much traffic. Count that a small blessing! The quick trip to the funeral went smoothly. Much to be said for a woman who lived such a long life. Nice to see family though I have forgotten some of the Uncles/Aunts names. Came back just in time for a Christmas party that our friend hosted. Had a quiet Sunday but our church did a celebration for people who served. They rented out a local restaurant for the evening and enjoyed a meal with everyone. Outdoor venue but thankfully there were heaters. OK well hope everyone has as wonderful week. I’m still working on Christmas gifts…. Almost there but one of our “generic” gifts is making a package of things that reminded us of our recent trip to Asia so things like coconut cookies, lemon grass soap, spice packages for cooking…. Sshhhh we actually are buying everything in the states instead of over there. Too much for us to carry it all back but we will pretend we bought it over there. : )

@Austina – Count down until all the family comes for your holiday visits. Glad you didn’t have to work out at the Christmas party. We played Pictionary with some friends this past weekend. Haven’t played in a long time.

Yes I’m all over the jetlag but DH on the other hand is still struggling. Not taking any more medication so that’s good news but even this morning I woke up and he moved to the living room in the middle of the night to try and fall back asleep. Poor guy… but he will get back to the norm soon.

@missy – Oh we had a wonderful shower head at our Taiwan hotel. Not a fancy hotel or anything special but the shower head delivered such fine streams of water. Felt so luxurious for some reason. Reminds me that in Asia they favor finer tip pens and usually everything is smaller than 0.5. I guess they like their shower heads that way? Hope you find what you are looking for soon without special ordering!

Sounds like a great service of commemoration.

Heyyy your wig looks great! It looks so natural and I wouldn’t have even known it was a wig. Can I say though what I’m really looking at is your flawless skin!!! Are you sure you aren’t in your 20s? I need to do whatever skin regiment you are doing!

@junebug17 – Oh wow first time you are flying with Zoe? Hope she will be ok. I know she doesn’t get car sick but plane sickness? Do you get to keep her under your feet?

@av – Good luck with your housing decisions!

@marcy – Oh wow, I’ve never though about vacuums being too strong but we do have a rug that is more delicate. I only vacuum once in awhile or shake things off. Have been happy with our Dyson but it’s not like I was able to give all vacuums a “test run” to truly compare. Hoping whatever you pick next will last you many years to come. I always feel a bit lost when I have to pick out a new appliance and device… so many options lately!

Aiayay sorry about the door not closing. Are there valuables in the garage that you aren’t able to leave the house?

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am glad you enjoy bathing at the beach house; it sounds like a place you should definitely relax at while you are there. I definitely tend to laugh when I’m stressed, nervous or scared. My defense mechanisms kicking in. I would say going that fast can be scary but it depends on how well the car can handle that speed. I doubt I’d be worried in my car with Marty driving; I have often said though that our headstone will say something like “oops it wasn’t the Audi”. Now I’d have to revise that though. My cleaning lady was telling me she has an older handheld Dyson at home (than mine) and it frizzed the top of a Persian rug so she uses a cheap shark on them. I guess we will see how it works on our new carpet when we get it. I definitely don’t want to deal with house problems if Marty is gone. When my parents were alive I didn’t worry about it. I knew they could and would talk me through what to do or help me out. I would miss not being able to see stars.
I am so glad to hear the service was touching and fitting for your friend. He was obviously very loved and popular.
I hate to hear you are still losing hair but it is good you are going with the flow about it; definitely it’s good to accept what we cannot change. You look fabulous in your wig. I’d never know it’s a wig. I like the side bangs on you but front bangs don’t get in your eyes as much.

PierreBear, light traffic is a blessing. There is a lot to be said for a woman would lived that long; pretty amazing. I am sure it was nice to catch up with some people you haven’t seen for a long time. Cool idea on your generic gift baskets. Marty makes some Thai soup with lemon grass; I can smell it just thinking about it. My BIL grew him some lemon grass a few summers ago and it great like a weed. The pieces he brought us were easily over 2 feet long. Ugh to you and DH dealing with jet lag. I hope that subsides soon. Anymore it is tough to pick out new things because you can find praises and complaints about everything online. The more research I do; the more angst i have making a decision. We do have some things in our garage we wouldn’t want someone to steal. Lots of tools, power saw, our telescopes. They can have our trash, saw dust and dirt though.

Jimmianne, I love the bear ornament on your Christmas tree.

Our garage door wouldn’t close again this morning so I read through the owners manual and went out to check the sensor light to find the receiving sensor light was flickering so it told me to loosen the nut, move the sensor until the light was solid then tighten the nut again. The garage door closed. Woo hoo! Marty came home from the gym and found the door shut much to his surprise so I watched on our camera to see if the door would close again and it did. When he came in the house I was singing “Marcy fixed the door, Marcy fixed the door”. My smugness disappeared though when I told him what I did and he said he did that yesterday and it only worked for awhile. We will see.

i’m starving right now and Marty is still lifting. Maybe I should heat up my leftover pizza.

Our cleaning lady came today. She was here last week too but since she is taking off next week I thought I’d have to clean again since we have my family coming for dinner this Sunday.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies (as that is how I see you all :D)

Wow @missy, honestly I don’t think it looks ‘wiggy’ at all, and the lighter colour really suits you. We do see quite a lot of women on the cruise wearing wigs (some I think due to faith, others perhaps with hair issues) and to me they look obvious, but this, and your custom one, are incredibly natural looking. I do like the change of style too, you have the face that suits it, if you don’t mind me saying, I think the side parting is really youthful (not that you don’t already look youthful but YKWIM).

I’m glad there was a good turnout for your friend, and it helps temper the sadness when you hear funny stories.

Yay @marcy for fixing the garage door, let’s hope it’s a permanent fix, Marty will be very impressed if it is (as am I!). You had a really busy day yesterday. What colour carpet do you think you’ll go with? I wouldn’t have cream by choice, but they were here when we moved in, and when I got my friend round to clean them, he said they were really good quality, so we kept them. That reminds me, I need them cleaned again soon. Ugh to the big queue in BB&B, you’d think the shop would have more assistants, especially at this time of year.

Glad you’re over the jetlag @PierreBear but poor Mr PB, that’s the worst thing about travelling, you just get used to the time difference, then you have to go home. I’m glad the funeral went well and you had the opportunity to catch up with family.

Your gift baskets sound like a great idea, and don’t worry, we won’t tell on you :shhh: :lol:

Will you be on your own at Christmas @AV_ or will you be spending time with friends there?

I hope the new week brings improvement in your recovery @Sandeek .

Another busy day here, we cleaned and polished the kitchen floor this afternoon, my knees are aching now, Dottie was tapping on the door for us to let her in, because she hates to think she’s missing anything :lol:

I’m off to bed now, it’s past 11pm :shock:

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hurry ladies - they are still warm
sugar.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, this is late for you to be posting. Hi! Sadly the garage door didn't work when we left for lunch and to run a few errands. We have a professional coming tomorrow afternoon. I think cream carpets looks very elegant but it's not for a home with a lot of kids. i am glad they clean up well for you. We are getting a multi color one with browns, rusts and cream. I'll post a sample below. As for BB&B - that is exactly what Marty said - you'd think a week before Christmas they'd have multiple clerks to check people out. i bet your floors look great after your hard and knee aching work. Too cute Dottie wanted you to let her in. Mom, I need to see what you are doing.

I am looking forward to going back to work; I've been too busy at home. But all of my cookies are baked now. Since we just had our floors done this morning I am trying very hard to keep flour and colored sugar off the floor while I clean up my cookie dishes and papers. I think I'll test a second cookie when I put them away.

We ate lunch at Olive Garden, Marty stopped at a nutrition store for his giant jar of whey - yummy. Then we stopped by the carpet place to let the guy know what we picked. He is sending someone tomorrow to measure then we'll work the numbers. Last night and this morning I was debating with myself do I really want to spend the money to do the den and hallway right now on top of everything else. Then I saw the obvious foot path after the cleaning lady vacuumed and said yes.

Here is the carpet sample and color from their website.

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 11.51.52 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Will you be on your own at Christmas @AV_ or will you be spending time with friends there?

There is a crowd allright .) My work relies allot on unusually close friedships - there is so much to do & say, now that the end of the year gives all of us a reason to draw lines & plan & whatnot! This is a happy rush - from now, into the new year...

The three days of Cristmas are mine - a time I am always enjoying. (no family anywhere within reach - however, this has always been this way, so no complaint from me) Much to be said about Cristmas in a still foreign country: I rather know my way around customs & whatnot, but not entirely - so there is always something nice to do/taste that is news to me. Right after - there are friends to visit for the usual happy-nothing-to-do.

All in all: nothing much - & I am smiling ear to ear thinking through this post!

off to lunch

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Just a quick post as I’m rushing around today.
Thank you @AV_ @PierreBear @marcy @Austina for your hair compliments. I really don’t know if I’ll be able to pull this wig wearing off in public but it’s worth trying. If I can’t we’ll at least my DH loves me no matter what and at least I realize my hair doesn’t define me. It’s not easy but I keep reminding myself of that fact.

@marcy ooh you’re such a smart cookie. Haha see what I did there. :lol: But you are and sweet fixing the garage door. Long may that fix hold. And speaking of sweet cookies umm waiting for the delivery please. Either address works for me. :whistle: Gluten be darned. Gotta live right? Pretty carpet. Thanks for your kind compliment.

@AV_ sounds like the perfect holiday schedule. On your terms. With friends when you want to be and time for yourself too. Glad you’re in good cheer. Matches up with time of year so that’s lovely. Thanks for your lovely words.

@Austina you had quite the industrious day yesterday. Hoping your aching knees are feeling better after a good night’s sleep and rest. Thank you for the lovely comments.

@PierreBear aww thank you sweet lady. Too kind. My skin regimen is just this. Spray with Avene thermal spray in AM and gently cleane with cotton round and then if I’m going out sunblock and when I get home I use dermo cleanser from toleriane to clean off the sunblock with a cotton round and again spray with Avene thermal spray. I rarely wear anything else on my skin. I occasionally wear eyeliner which I was wearing in that photo but that’s it. No mascara (since I started with Bimatoprost) necessary which we will see how long my lashes hang in there since yes my hair loss on my scalp is increasing. And I’m not sure you can tell in the photo but left eyebrow has patchy loss still but not terrible I never apply any makeup on the brows. Way too sensitive. I’m not sure if perhaps avoiding sun exposure without sun protection or not smoking or not drinking has contributed to my appearance or just genetic or a combo but there you have all my secrets. Sorry it’s not terribly exciting :lol:

I have to say it again that your trip sounded amazing and I’m so glad you enjoyed yourself. And the celebration of life ceremony sounded like the perfect send off. For a life well and long lived. Good luck with the rest of the Christmas gifts.

Hope you’re doing well @Sandeek and continuing to send you lots of healing dust and hugs.

@Tekate your trip looks like so much fun and so much to see and enjoy. Wonderful holiday trip. :appl:

@Jimmianne how are things by you? How’s the chateau doing? Any more reno being accomplished? How’s your andsome neighbor? How are wedding preparations going? Sending love your way.

Ok girls I’m off for now. It’s going to be a busy rest of week most likely but I’ll check in when I can and I’ll be keeping good thoughts for all of you. Big hugs.
:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I really don’t know if I’ll be able to pull this wig wearing off in public but it’s worth trying.

You already have.

[I could tell stories about women's hair in this region - many seem to loose it, and this is NOT something I have seen anywhere else. It is said to be genetics within a large population... Of course, nobody cares if you happen to be BALD! It took me months to learn not to stare... - both at the bald old women, or the stupendous, silk-like, fist-thick braids of the teenagers! Both are jaw dropping natural wonders.
My hair is nothing to write about - an earlobe length bob easily styled into whatnot....
Over & out.]

@AV_ sounds like the perfect holiday schedule.

It is .) If I can say so myself...

Back in home country I would have went to mass (quite a show - in the vein of some post-modern theatre where everyone counts as an actor, more or less... best carols! & like-minded frieds). I have not yet done so here - different church & all. The again, I did attend all sorts of religious ceremonies... How odd could the catholics be !? (some things are too foreign) monastery-made cookies are great - so far, so good.

The next couple of days are full for me too.

__

Thanks for having me in the NIRDI bunch! (I would have not barged in & this is good .) )

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, the wig looks really lovely on you, it looks very natural and is very flattering! Good luck with your busy days ahead and I hope you get lots accomplished with as little stress as possible!

I'm glad the service went as well as can be expected, and it was nice you and Greg were there to lend your support. I know it must have been difficult and upsetting for you both.

@marcy, the carpet you chose is really nice, I like it a lot!..it's going to look great. Your cookies look so good, yum. Yes, I'll wrap my ring up and put it under the tree...I've been holding off looking at it so I have something to look forward to lol. Too bad your fix didn't hold but the service guy should be able to get the door up and running.

@Jimmianne, so glad the trip went ok and you are feeling happy and content. Must have been a beautiful view from the plane.

@Austina, the flight to SC is only about an hour and 20 minutes, so I think Zoe should be ok and hopefully won't meow the whole flight.

@Austina, you have definitely been working hard, I hope you can take it easy from this point on and rest your aching knees! Such a busy time of year. I feel like I'm constantly running around and not getting much accomplished!

@PierreBear, your secret is safe with us! Sounds like you are keeping busy and doing some fun things for the holidays. We are going to put Zoe under the seat in front of me, and she I'm hoping she doesn't get air sick. Oh no to your poor dh still feeling jet lagged, I do hope he starts feeling better...I can relate, I went to China a few years ago and I really think it took me 2 to 3 weeks to feel normal again.

Not much new here...I took Zoe to the vet yesterday and the good news her teeth/gums look better but the vet thinks she might have a touch of arthritis in her front leg...dh had noticed she favors one leg sometimes when she walks. Doesn't seem to be in pain or obvious discomfort. Starting her on cosequin in her food and we'll see how she does.

The next few days are going to be pretty busy for me but I will check in when I can! Sending everyone hugs and good thoughts <3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Yes please @marcy, although I really shouldn’t :lol: I’m going to have to cut down once Christmas is over, because it’ll only be a few weeks before we go on the cruise. They tell you that you board as a passenger and leave as cargo :mrgreen2:

I think the carpet looks a great choice, lovely neutral colour and enough pattern that it won’t show any marks. Boo to the fix not holding, but hopefully it’ll be fixed without costing the earth.

That doesn’t sound too bad @junebug17 hopefully Zoe won’t be too stressed by the flight, and will be reassured by your presence.

I’m glad you’re looking forward to spending some quiet time at Christmas, followed by visiting friends @AV_ sounds like a good plan.

Honestly @missy, I’m sure if you need to, that wearing a wig in public will get easier with each time. Anyone would feel self conscious the first few times, but I’d bet the only thing people would be thinking is wow, look at that lovely lady.

Another busy day here, had my last Pilates class of 2018, then spent the afternoon cooking for tomorrow. Made a beef curry and a trifle, so I won’t need to cook tomorrow.
We’re picking them up at the airport in the morning, so we’ll have to get up a bit earlier.

Big wave out to all the NIRDIs, don’t work too hard :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! It sounds like all of you are busy. You’d think a big holiday was almost upon us.

AV, that is great everyone at work is so close. It makes it more fun. It sounds like you will have a great time over the holidays.

Missy, I think you’d get used to wearing a wig; or whatever you decide to do. Smart cookie, ha ha. I did not get the garage door fixed but the repairman sure did. It was a bad sensor. It works like a charm now. Sweet. Oh no for tomorrow. Good luck!

Junebug, i am rather anxious to get the new carpet. We’ll probably get it ordered later this week. Good idea to put your ring up so you’ll be more excited to see it on Christmas. Once for my birthday we bought a diamond star pendent for me and we put it up until then. The sun was shining in through the front door so I dug it out and opened the case, had the case standing up so I could see the sun shining on the diamonds. Marty and his buddy walked in the front door and his friend say “busted.” I had it put away by the time they came back upstairs. Oops. I was delighted the garage door repairman was able to fix our door sensors. i hope the cosequin helps Zoe. Poor kitty. Scratch behind her ear for me.

Austina, that is hysterical about boarding a ship as a passenger and leave as cargo. The repair bill was only $140. I thought that was fair based on our lack of skill in fixing it. Good plan to get your cooking finished today.

Thank you ladies for your feedback on the carpet. I was uncertain so told Marty he could pick; he was definitely for this patterned piece rather than standard carpet.

I slept in about an extra hour today. My only chores today were washing our sheets then making the bed again and doing a few dishes. A friend of mine who works from home came over to our place for about 4 hours and worked from here - in between playing cards and eating lunch plus testing a few cookies.

I started the latest Micheal Connelly book last night so I worked on that today.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:
48164876_2361943983838812_4454315612088303616_n.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that carpet looks good. Teddy bear color is always in style.

Missy, I would never think that was a wig, but wig or no, your beauty shines.
I thought of you yesterday while out shopping....there was a nightgown that said Youpi!! Happy Caturday!!!
Speaking of kitties, we got a great kitty fix. Momma cat and three kittens at the corner bar. The gentleman at the bar had a laser pointer and the kittens were climbing the walls to catch the light.
1D337FC9-2BB6-474F-A227-D3BE42C2B8E7.jpeg 8925C287-F173-4DB1-A0AC-E2B6D8E5EC85.jpeg

June, good luck with Zoe on the flight. I am sure it will be fine, but nice that it’s a short flight for her. I can imagine it is a bit unsettling wondering how she will behave.

I finally got to drive my new car. Lol. Even when I bought it I didn't test drive it. It has been pretty crazy here; the kids are so busy but (barely) fitting in some time with me. They are now back in Reims until the weekend, so I am filling in my week with a french lesson, a party and a day of house demolition with my electrician. That and shopping for presents. Oh...and a trip to the antique jewelers an hour from here. The house demolition involves taking the kitchen cabinets out of the sunroom entrance (house has a nice entry, but previous owners put a dishwasher and kitchen cabinets in it...Nice entrance! Haha )
so my electrician is removing the cabinets and moving the electric panel boxes, then I will do what I love best...take a crowbar to the paneling and uncover the stone wall underneath. Merry christmas to me!

More later when the ipad is charged.

Cheers, NIRDIs <3

AV_

Ideal_Rock
...a french lesson, a party and a day of house demolition with my electrician. ...then I will do what I love best...take a crowbar to the paneling and uncover the stone wall underneath. Merry christmas to me!

Merry Christmas!

... 'guess i'll be like that much of next year & a while after: lady with jewels & crowbar! Looking forward to it, by all means.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 I am glad Zoe's teeth and gums are healthy and she had a good vet visit and I hope the possible arthritis in her leg turns out to be nothing of consequence. Hoping the next few days go well for you and that you get everything done you need to accomplish and wishing you safe travels with your dh and with sweet Zoe. Hoping you have a smooth flight and that it's an easy trip for all of you. Zoe will be OK. Thank you for your good wishes and as always your kind comments.

@AV_ I have never tasted monastery cookies and I just asked my dh who is catholic and he said he never heard of them...but I am intrigued. I love Christmas music and caroling and it just brings holiday cheer (IMO) though the recent thread on PS about holiday music has me realizing others are not so fond of this music due to overload. Thank you for your lovely words and hope you too accomplish all you want to in the next few days.

@Austina yay for today's arrival of your precious cargo and hope the airport pickup goes well. I am guessing you are all together right now as it is afternoon by you. Glad you got all your cooking done yesterday for today and I am sure everyone will enjoy all your hard work. Last class of Pilates for the year wow cannot believe it's the end of the year already. I too have had my last Pilates for the year since we are intending to stay here (probably) til next year. I don't have a Pilates Reformer at the beach though I am thinking of getting one there really is no place to put it unless I get rid of my huge treadmill. I have two treadmills here. Which I don't use but like it just in case my Arc trainer breaks down. In Brooklyn I have 2 Arc trainers one is a backup and one treadmill. At the beach it's reversed. LOL I have a lot of workout equipment but it keeps my mind quiet and sane. Anyway all that to say we both are done with Pilates til 2019.:lol: Thanks for your ever lovely comments. Enjoy your time with family and hugs.

@marcy well I have a one day reprieve. Yay! But tomorrow is J day so oh well. One day reprieve but now perhaps one more day to go so not sure if it was a bonus or not getting the one day reprieve lol. But you should have seen me jumping up and down literally last night when I found out. Greg said it was like a last minute reprieve from the death sentence from the governor.:lol:
Haha I saw that meme on FB yesterday. Our ex neighbor posted it and it is hysterical.:lol:
Glad the garage door is fixed and glad it didn't cost you an arm and a leg...I would have been happy to take payment in the form of cookies and bling. Just sayin.:cheeky:
Yes to an extra hour of sleep. Sweet. Glad your chores were minimal yesterday and enjoy the Michael Connelly book. It's nice having some time off isn't it. Hugs and enjoy your day.

@Jimmianne oh love that nightgown. And yes to the kitty fix. I think I might love living in France too. Aww thank you Jimmianne, that is so sweet of you to say. I ordered 2 more wigs but really tempted to order another but poor Greg..I am rapidly depleting our bank account with my crazy bling and boot purchasing and now wigs. LOLOL but not funny really. I don't love any of the wigs I bought so far but really appreciate hearing your points of view. With time perhaps I will feel more comfortable with them and dare to wear them in public. We shall see. But for now will resist purchasing more wigs.

Who is that handsome gentleman at the bar? Anyone who loves kitties is good in my book and he looks to be very kind and very distinguished. :kiss2:

Glad you finally got to drive your new car. You have quite the schedule on hand this week.Enjoy the french lesson, the house demolition and the house party and holiday shopping and of course the estate bling. That Estate Jewelry place looks amazbling. I cannot wait to see what you come back with...:Up_to_something: :appl:

Sending you hugs across the miles.

@canuk-gal hope all is well and that things have settled and calmed down by you. Sending you hugs and love.

@Sandeek checking in with you...how are you feeling? Hope you are continuing to improve and feel well and are enjoying some holiday cheer and love right now. XOXO.

@rainwood hope all went smoothly and you are at your destination after the slight delay. Thinking of you and hoping you are having a wonderful time.

Hello to everyone else. Hope the week is going well and sending you all hugs and holiday cheer. Speaking of which as soon as we put the tree up our mischievous kittens got to work.:lol:

First playing nicely. Just hanging out under the tree.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.06.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.06.54 AM.png

But then the shenanigans started.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.07.05 AM.png

Can you see what's going on above?
Here's a dose up.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.07.11 AM.png

:lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Quick post, just to clarify the matter of convent cookies: WWW - the most wonderful plague :shifty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick post, just to clarify the matter of convent cookies: WWW - the most wonderful plague :shifty:

OMG I am getting hungry for cookies and such at 8:49 AM...:lickout:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, I love the idea of my carpet being teddy bear colors. I’ll have to match the swatch sample board with all the bears - of course when Marty is around. I hope you had fun seeing pretty bling today. Cute kitties. Woo hoo for finally driving your new car. You have a good week planned and good luck with your demolition project.

AV, you will be busy once you get your place. It never ends. Look at the stuff we are doing and this place is only 6 years old. Mmm to cookies.

Missy, I am glad you got a 1 day reprieve but then you have to be nervous and wait again. Good luck! LOL to be granting a reprieve from a death sentence. That’s about how I felt. i was more than willing to write that check knowing my garage door was fixed. I would have thrown in cookies too. It is a good time to read. Love your Christmas tree and that first picture didn’t fool me for a minute. The kitties looking all sweet and innocent; they are moving in for the kill.

I got to work early. My boss walked by and said “we need to talk”. There went my first few hours. He, one of his employees and my passive aggressive employee all had a mini rumble. It was all over my employee didn’t fill out the necessary information on a form for his department. IMHO it was stupid, petty and all 3 of them overreacted. It could have easily been resolved by walking in to our room and asking my employee to go fill in the necessary information. I actually thought “you can’t make this stuff up”. Sigh. I spent the day working on employee appraisals. Then I goofed off on my mini iPad.

I went to lunch with a friend of mine from work. She is worried about her daughter who just got married yesterday but her new husband has a drinking problem. They’ve lived together for about 4 - 5 years now and have 2 little boys. They decided to get married now for tax purposes - but they do have a wedding planned in May next year. Anyway, he sobered up for 8 months and then went to a wedding for a buddy 2 months ago and started drinking again. After the ceremony yesterday their families all went out for dinner and the groom got totally drunk. When they got home my friend’s daughter was trying to talk to him about his drinking and he got mad and shoved her really hard pushing her out of his way. She packed up the 2 boys and went to her parent’s house for the night. So sad. I guess his dad was an abusive alcoholic and died of sorosis of the liver. It’s heartbreaking to think of what this will do to their lives if he doesn’t get help.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, a tiger in your tree. Be careful!
Cats are amazing.

Marcy, my heart goes out to your friend. I know the scenario. The good news is that she left. Painful, esp. at this time of year with the children, but oh so smart. Perhaps she can go to Al-anon if she has not already. Such an insidious disease.

Here is today’s fun at my little house. Sadly I must meet the roofer at my DD’s, so no bling a thon.
Truly sad, but budget-friendly.

9A03FD99-32CE-4796-AAA7-3D5D21E1ADEC.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! I was granted another reprieve and now I have served my jury duty till the next time I am due woohoo. It was amazing. I just had to call the night before and both nights they said I was not needed and last night they said I have now served. That was the most painless jury duty ever. And how efficient and considerate not to have people come in to the courts when they are not needed. Very relieved and very pleased.

@junebug17 how is your week going? Hope your packing etc is going smoothly and that you are enjoying this quiet time before you leave. I think you are leaving after Christmas IIRC. Hoping you are accomplishing all you need to before you leave and that all is calm and peaceful by you. Are you children joining you in SC?

@marcy oh I am so sorry about your friend's DD and her new dh who is an alcoholic. And even more sorry children are involved. I don't know what to say and I hope he realizes he has a real problem and needs help because that is the only way he can get well. And wow re work. Petty and yes stupid and sorry you are dealing with these imbeciles if I may use such a strong word. You've been dealing with them so long and I am feeling your frustration and am there with you in spirit. Sending you hugs and lots of good vibes. Yes I agree check, cookies whatever it took to fix your garage doors was worth it. It's sweet when things work out and sometimes it feels like a mini miracle because so often things don't get resolved as easily so yay for mini miracles. And it is the right time of year too. Glad you got to meet your friend for lunch yesterday though she is going through so much. I am sure she is super grateful to have your moral support and love. And it is a nice way to break up the day meeting friends for lunch. Tomorrow is winter and it is feeling that way.

Hahaha @Jimmianne that is exactly what we call Tommy...our mocha leopard or tiger and he is just that. Cats are so amazing. My heart is filled with so much love for all the animals. In many ways they are so much better than people (present company excluded of course because the NIRDIs rock on more ways than one). France is lucky to have you for the holidays and I hope you are having a blast. Good luck with the renos and good luck with the roofer today. Love the rustic photo.

@Sandeek how are you feeling? Thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

@Tekate I hope you are enjoying safe travels.

@PierreBear how is your week going? What are your holiday plans?

@AV_ hope you are enjoying this pre holiday time. And yummm to all those delicious baked goods you shared.

@canuk-gal happy holidays. Hope you and your family are well.

Yesterday we went shopping and I got a new jacket that is very pretty. Like I needed another jacket.:lol: But doing my bit for the economy.:sun: A lovely couple saw us admiring the tree at the shopping outlet and offered to take a photo of us. I wasn't even thinking photo op til they offered lol. So of course I accepted. She cut off the star but it was a tall tree so

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.24.12 AM.png

And when we got back home another wig had arrived. And I like the color so much. It's the same as the wig I got a few days ago but a different color. Auburn sugar. Love the color woohoo. And I have 2 more wigs coming in the next week or two....very excited. LOL I know it's silly but if I can find something I am comfortable wearing I will feel better about my alopecia. Though right now I think I can get away without wearing anything because my long hair can be arranged to cover the areas that are thinning. But it is getting worse so I like to be prepared. Of course the HH wig is the nicest (and most expensive) but it is harder to care for a HH wig and I want alternatives for easy care and maintenance that these might provide.

We are thinking of heading to indoor miniature golf today if they are open so that will be fun if we can do that..if not we might head to the aquarium. Whatever we do it will be fun because we are enjoying our time here so much. Really loving the quiet holiday time.

Tomorrow is the first day of winter girls and I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy. Have a lovely day girls!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to share some news about my niece. Her artwork was chosen, from over 600 entries across New York State, for this year’s NYS School Board Association’s holiday card. Hope it's OK for me to share...so proud of both my nieces and how artistic and kind they are. Really lovely little humans.:kiss2:

alexaholidaycard.jpg

artworkalexa.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, your new jacket looks great and that's a lovely pic of you and Greg. Sounds like you guys are really enjoying the holiday season at the beach. Your tree looks beautiful, and it's so cute how the kitties love sitting by it! Woo-hoo for being excused from jury duty, such a relief! It's great you are exploring different wigs and I'm hoping you find one that you feel completely comfortable in. I'm glad you feel you don't need it right now but I get that it is comforting to know you have an option available to you. Wow, congratulations to your niece, very impressive and what a great honor! She is adorable. :kiss2: Enjoy your day!

@av, sounds like your holiday will be lovely - spending time with friends and coworkers will be really nice, and you'll get a chance to rest and relax too. And those cookies look delicious! Your comment about a Catholic service made me laugh out loud! I was raised Catholic, and I "think" the service would be considered fairly tame haha! Probably bordering on boring, I used to get into trouble as a child for fidgeting and playing with my pocketbook during Mass. :D

@Austina, hope you're having lots of fun with your family...IIRC Adam and Kim are visiting right?

@marcy, funny story about being caught checking out your necklace! I've had a few close calls with dh too haha. So nice your friend came over, sounds like a great way to spend a day. LOL to that meme! It really does sound like your boss and coworkers overreacted to the situation, time and energy wasted on something relatively minor. I'm so sorry about what's going on with your friend's daughter and her husband, it's such a worrisome and difficult situation for everyone involved. I do hope he will agree to treatment. It's such a complicated disease.

@Jimmianne, so glad you finally got to drive your new car! You are definitely keeping busy, your days sound full and fun. The corner bar looks like such a cute place to hang out, and the guy at the bar is cute too haha! Love the kitties, so sweet. :love: Wow, you don't mess around when it comes to demolition lol. Looks like progress is being made.

Keeping busy here...just the usual holiday cleaning and prep...did a Costco run and found a pretty comforter set for the guest room to replace the one I gave to ds lol. There are some last minute things to pick up and a few errands to run...I've been trying to get out early to avoid traffic and crowds, but that's turning out to be an impossibility! :x2

Sending love and good thoughts to all!

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Happy Christmas !

(before I take off for a few days offline)

AV, you will be busy once you get your place.

Good & timely warning !

Intending to keep it small & easy.

@av Your comment about a Catholic service made me laugh out loud! I was raised Catholic, and I "think" the service would be considered fairly tame haha! Probably bordering on boring

It is funny - how 'foreign' it fealt! Not something I had expected, since the Orthodox and the Catholic churches are close enough, even by their own admission. Another surprise is finding Byzantine style icons in every church here: each a patch of gold with some colour staring intently (KWIM?)... I can get used to this!

@AV_ hope you are enjoying this pre holiday time.

Cleaning the slate after a full year: I do need the time... for this length of 'To Do' list!

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@marcy I’m so glad you got the garage door fixed without it being too expensive. :x2 to your colleagues, they really are the limit. Will you be having any extra time off over Christmas, you deserve it having to deal with them? When will they be able to fit the carpet if you order it this week?

How awful for your friend’s daughter, sadly you can’t help someone who isn’t ready to accept it. Hopefully he’ll realise that if he wants to save his marriage and family, then he must get help for his problems. I’m glad that your friend was able to take her daughter and grandchildren in and provide them with the safe environment they need.

I’m glad Zoe is doing ok, @junebug17 poor little girl having arthritis, it’s sad when they get old and start showing the signs of age. I’m sure it’s all go with you getting ready for Christmas and heading off to SC. Don’t work too hard.

Boo to no bling shopping @Jimmianne but your house will all be worth it when it’s done. How’s everything else with you?

:dance: to being done with jury service @missy, as we say here - Reeeesult! :mrgreen: Auburn spice sounds almost edible, looking forward to some glamour shots if you’d like to share.

:lol: to the tree kitty pics, my friend who has the little black Burmese says she’s been pulling the ornaments off the tree and playing with them. Good job Dottie isn’t interested, can you imagine her trying to climb the tree :eek2: ?

Well done to your niece, what a talented girl, and congratulations to her on winning what must’ve been very fierce competition.

Looks like it was one of those lovely bright crisp days yesterday for your shopping trip.

We had a really busy day yesterday, after collecting Adam & Kim from the airport, we got back and they got settled then had some lunch. We spent the afternoon playing games on the Wii, we haven’t done that for ages, so it was really fun.

They’ve gone to visit Adam’s school friend, and will be back on Saturday afternoon. We’ve been and got the last of the food, all the fresh things, so I’m not going near another shop until they’ve left :lol:

Hope you’re all keeping warm & safe, sending good thoughts to all the lovely NIRDIS :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the continued well wishes. :kiss2:
I am seriously struggling. Both with the bad leg and face and now a stomach virus. I truly can’t see how I’ll go back to work in 13 days.
I’m trying to keep up with all of your posts, but tbh I’m down....and no need to bring you all there with me.
((Hugs)) to all.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @Sandeek, I’m so sorry to hear that you’re so unwell. You’ve really been through the mill, I hope that things start improving for you soon. Take good care of yourself. xx

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Sandeek, I am so sorry you're struggling right now. Please take care of yourself and I hope you start doing better soon. What a hard time you are going through. Sending lots of love and healing vibes, and hugs as well. Xxx

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek Feel free to tug down! Perhaps we can pull you up, instead of you taking us down? No way to see which way this goes, unless we try. I know it is almost impossible to forget your own body's acting out, and yours seems to be going out of its way to keep your attention... .(

_

I was just about to go offline, when I saw this bit worth telling about: Tinsel & dust

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek please don't feel you are dragging us down...as @AV_ and @junebug17 and @Austina say perhaps we can cheer you up and no matter what we are here for you. Please do not feel like you cannot share how you are feeling...sorrow and pain shared is sorrow and pain halved. Sending you gentle (((hugs))) and love and if there is a way for me to contact you offline please let me know if you are up for it. No pressure regarding that just want you to know I am here for you. As we all are.

And remember if you cannot go back to work in 13 days they can wait. They will understand. Life happens. Concentrate on you right now. Everything else will fall into place.

(((((HUGS)))))

bearhug.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results