shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What sort of dragon pendant and colour are you eyeing? You could post a few pix. If anyone spots a good buy we could let you know. There are a few light coloured dragon pendants that went for a few hundred bucks at live stream.

Trying to learn how to operate Wechat is a struggle for me! I saved some pictures and then couldn't find them anywhere, only to discover they were in my gallery...It sucks to be old...anyway, enough complaining.

I saw a few on the livestream but they looked kind of grey. This is the kind I'm looking at.
mmexport1545130568477.jpg
It looks more saturated on my phone! That's what I'm talking about! I'll have to upload on PS to see the real color.
This one was too dark on my phone but looks better here.
mmexport1545130754197.jpg

I also like the other kind with the medallion on top like you and Seaglow bought.
I saved the pics but didn't note the prices. A few didn't have prices anyway, I guess that means expensive?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Trying to learn how to operate Wechat is a struggle for me! I saved some pictures and then couldn't find them anywhere, only to discover they were in my gallery...It sucks to be old...anyway, enough complaining.

I saw a few on the livestream but they looked kind of grey. This is the kind I'm looking at.
It looks more saturated on my phone! That's what I'm talking about! I'll have to upload on PS to see the real color.

I also like the other kind with the medallion on top like you and Seaglow bought.
I saved the pics but didn't note the prices. A few didn't have prices anyway, I guess that means expensive?

No price = avoid. Don't ask.

But I saw a hulu and it had no price. I asked. Turns out it is 58 000 rmb. I thought that was ok.

But Suzanne, those lace earrings, they will come again. I want another huge round circular one but am not buying this time round. Mellowyellow did not buy from J and saved herself some dough on those ones.

Also, the light blue dragon pendants, they are cheap - like a few hundred usd. I think those will also come again. All commercial stock and sell very fast. I bought mine at 1.3K usd a pair from J but you can see a lot of them much cheaper with YY. I am happy with mine but you can see I have overpaid with J. Mine are around 36 mm. I think @Burmesedaze bought a much larger size at cheaper rates with YY.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@Burmesedaze this one 60.8 mm (take out the baby oil , maybe?) and 8.7 万

Try bargaining way down. I don't see it being worth 8.7 万 because the floating bits don't look green enough for that kind of price. Check if oval though.

Edit: on video, it looks fantastic though.

Plus, if you use baby oil, the bangle won't be clonking around on your wrist. It will be a closer nicer fit, especially in the gym.

No.2 is having bangle moments now.

Bangle 60.8.jpg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, is that a crack on top I see?

mmexport1545137071483.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3800 rmb for anyone looking for a necklace. Approx 300 usd cheaper than J.

Listed under No. 6

mmexport1545137499563.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vein? There is colour on that line, so it is a green vein?

Ahh so colour is ok? I can't tell the difference between a vein and a crack to be honest!

Ooh well you guys can help when the time comes!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh so colour is ok? I can't tell the difference between a vein and a crack to be honest!

Ooh well you guys can help when the time comes!

Must be careful with this type of line. Can be a concentration of dye at the crack or fracture. You need to see the bangle and ask many many questions. I don't know much myself but I keep reading about it.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omg I'm so proud of you!!!!

Don't worry you'll get used to it.

When the lady first told me to find her on Wechat I groaned to myself and thought "Wtf is Wechat I don't have the energy for this"

But I plodded along. Haha do wait to see if our goods arrive though!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of imperfections I found a tiny green dot on my green cab on the inside and a slight brown/grey sugary dot on my lavender that kinda blends in under certain lights.

I'd still classify it as eye clean cuz you really have to go through it very very very carefully but these imperfections make me confident it's A grade.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd still classify it as eye clean cuz you really have to go through it very very very carefully but these imperfections make me confident it's A grade.

Re: Jasmine, has anyone had any of her stuff tested?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I took my lavender ring to the jeweller in town today. He is from Hong Kong. He checked it and said it was real.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Colour is really king. This good green I've not seen on live stream nor very very green big cabs not huge good green scenery pendants. So I think your recourse is from YY's shop.

But yes, like ChaiK said. If no price I think they are holding out to see what people offer. No hurry to let go of stock.

I will post mine when I get them when I get home. Hopefully they arrive when I'm back for the holidays.

Green/grey/blue for the price I paid, no complaints. I just like the carving of the kirin/qilin.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze this one 60.8 mm (take out the baby oil , maybe?) and 8.7 万

Try bargaining way down. I don't see it being worth 8.7 万 because the floating bits don't look green enough for that kind of price. Check if oval though.

Edit: on video, it looks fantastic though.

Plus, if you use baby oil, the bangle won't be clonking around on your wrist. It will be a closer nicer fit, especially in the gym.

No.2 is having bangle moments now.

Bangle 60.8.jpg

Lol thanks but believe me. My jewellers have a huge stock of jade bangles for me to try. 62 no cigar. It's all that piano playing and boat rowing in the past, I tell you. Plus naturally fleshy palms.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Capture+_2018-12-18-22-07-52-1.png Busy with work today so I only caught a bit of the live stream tonight.

Was good and settled for these small fortune knots. These small pairs of this and that are good to collect ave piece together for earrings or part of a necklace or bracelet in future. I am also collating my purchases to be shipped together for the 2nd shipment.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
@suzanne2
Here is what I have found in YY shop 5 today : loads of pendants of the kind that you are after, with prices ranging from approx 950 USD to approx 1200 USD.
Hope it helps.
7AF57537-BBA7-4AD9-8EB7-48264102AC76.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Jasmine, has anyone had any of her stuff tested?

Bluegemz has. I won't tag her because she's been summoned a zillion times for this already:lol:

GIA concluded it was A grade but could not determine colour origin. They also said for 10% off the jade they test (can't remember if it was lavender jade in general or just jade) colour origin can't be determined.

Then someone posted a report by Mason Kay where for some jade even they couldn't determine colour origin either.

Anyways based on that I think most of us have drawn the conclusion that it's legit.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2
Here is what I have found in YY shop 5 today : loads of pendants of the kind that you are after, with prices ranging from approx 950 USD to approx 1200 USD.
Hope it helps.
7AF57537-BBA7-4AD9-8EB7-48264102AC76.jpeg
Hi @Duyen,
Thanks for the call out. What I'm doing is waiting for some other guinea pig to test the waters...:lol:

A couple of other ladies have ordered and I'm waiting for their opinions, especially since they are waaay more knowledgeable than me.

I'm happy you were thinking of me!! How cool is that?? Are you shopping as well?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ladies, there is an upcoming auction in New York State with really nice jade, the best I've seen at a US auction. All the items are described as certified Grade A. I inquired as to what lab issued the certs, and the reply was they are all by the lab shown in the photos below:

Z Chinese GTC Lab 1.jpg Z Chinese GTC Lab.jpg
Do we know if these certs can be trusted?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Today's dainty things. I like ruyi heads in this form instead of vertical ones. More balanced.

Small icy white with cloud/cotton for a silver ring and purple pair to keep and go into something eventually.

Capture+_2018-12-19-14-02-43-1.png Capture+_2018-12-19-14-08-19-1.png

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ladies, there is an upcoming auction in New York State with really nice jade, the best I've seen at a US auction. All the items are described as certified Grade A. I inquired as to what lab issued the certs, and the reply was they are all by the lab shown in the photos below:

Not sure sorry. Try checking out the qr code and Google for the labs?

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Hi @Duyen,
Thanks for the call out. What I'm doing is waiting for some other guinea pig to test the waters...:lol:

A couple of other ladies have ordered and I'm waiting for their opinions, especially since they are waaay more knowledgeable than me.

I'm happy you were thinking of me!! How cool is that?? Are you shopping as well?

Hi there,
My pleasure
I may be part of the guinea pigs you are waiting for :shifty: : could not resist and pulled the trigger for a “test” bangle before plunging for my “one and only” bangle :
I chose this round one, the payment of which has been received by YY today :

7ADE12F0-D39F-435B-8B20-1784D0FC7C94.jpeg

And I was hesitating with this oval one, that I discarded based on their “advice” (they obviously hate advising, so everything is about hints, and silences :whistle:), the stone grains being too gross and unevenly distributed :

089C84E8-5607-46DA-B259-D9BF46D08C80.jpeg

5DB9876C-4BD3-48D1-A899-C4373A242EC2.jpeg

I hope I will not regret that choice, the color and translucency of that second bangle seeming more intense to me than the first one’s.
What do you think ?

Attachments

• 6F761ABA-F209-43BD-96B7-1F44016EBBB9.jpeg
    6F761ABA-F209-43BD-96B7-1F44016EBBB9.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 29B96B4F-B760-4190-A543-0E2A8EA87BB7.jpeg
    29B96B4F-B760-4190-A543-0E2A8EA87BB7.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 23

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,
My pleasure
I may be part of the guinea pigs you are waiting for :shifty: : could not resist and pulled the trigger for a “test” bangle before plunging for my “one and only” bangle :

And I was hesitating with this oval one, that I discarded based on their “advice” (they obviously hate advising, so everything is about hints, and silences :whistle:), the stone grains being too gross and unevenly distributed :

I hope I will not regret that choice, the color and translucency of that second bangle seeming more intense to me than the first one’s.
What do you think ?

They both look lovely.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

My buddhas are en route to me. The ring, I have asked them to wait until after Christmas. I will post when I receive.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The GTC one has a big website with a certificate search function...established in 1995. Of course, I'm terribly naive and believe everyone is truthful.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi there,
My pleasure

What do you think ?

Wow! They are both stunning, especially for a 'test' bangle. Do you usually ask for a UV image?
I would have been attracted to the second one as well. Jade is so confusing!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,
My pleasure

What do you think ?

I am guessing. Second one looks like the more expensive one. I don't know. But I like them both.

Maybe as a first one from them, and you want to check them out, just take a cheaper one first.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Lavender earrings. I asked for plain daylight. No touch up of pics. Off to work now. Long day. Thinking...probably won't buy them. If I do, I will ask for lots of pics to check out translucency as well.

YY did say to think of the colour as 3 times lighter.

Oh, and if I did buy these ones, I would be sucked into buying a pair of huger green cabs, just to big up the earrings. So I don't have that budget for a long while.
Lavender earrings 5 (2).jpg

Attachments

• Lavender earrings 5.jpg
    Lavender earrings 5.jpg
    838.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: prs

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Any other photos of the bangles? Hard to see properly. Depends on the prices too.

Second one looks finer grain and water.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
48427909_2221102551283824_2128785610956079104_n.jpg

Saw this on Jasmine's page. Not buying, just testing my eye. 9.9-6-3mm price: 866 usd Seems like a good price?

Reactions: prs
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results