shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
1 reason why I'm fairly confident about the live stream purchases is: they use crappy phones and I *think* the colours look washed out in the video. Not the ultra HD saturated colours you find on Wechat stock photos.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I think YY would have more access/variety even for the larger ticket items. But do check the return policy on them. Best you can do short of seeing them IRL before buying is to ask for natural light videos w/ no adjustment to colour if possible. But you already know all these, right?

How expensive is expensive? Why not ask for their physical shop(s) in HK/China and just take a trip there and buy them in person. Wouldn't that work out better and with more assurance of mind?

Nandar's stuff looks like recent stock from Myanmar that you can also find here. So they are priced way too high imo. Better rough is really in HK/China/Tw.

I think, in any case, it is good to have alternative vendors with good prices. Sometimes, over-thinking it also kills the entire joy of purchasing - that is very me at times :(.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t know about the US market but most of the jade sellers I know in Singapore only send the pieces to the lab for certification after the purchase is made. It’s only $70, so very inexpensive also.

But I agree, anyone trying to flip a piece for over 10k should already be presenting the GIA cert along with the listing.
Sorry, I forgot to thank you for posting that humongous ring! It's a bit too big for DW, and we are waiting until we find one with perfect color.

In the US prices for certified lavender are all over the place. I think green jadeite is much easier to shop for as water content always comes first, with color second. For lavender some vendors put translucence first, and their most expensive pieces have no color, whereas other vendors put color first. Auction results say US customers value color first, even though all the lavender pieces with great color are opaque. :confused2:

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you press on their reply, a translate button pops up.

Omg you've profoundly changed my life. Do you know how much cut pasteI had to do and how many windows I had open?????

AV_

Ideal_Rock
They don't take a good polish though but are still well carved with strong blue.
mmexport1544807077257.jpg mmexport1544807058850.jpg mmexport1544807055611.jpg mmexport1544807052474.jpg mmexport1544807047112.jpg Screenshot_20181214-233449_WeChat.jpg Screenshot_20181214-233442_WeChat.jpg

WOW!

Interesting surface... I had no idea jadeite can look like this.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh ok, I will check one pincer out too. Very very lovely :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::love::love::love:. And those huge yellow peanuts :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:. I don't know where to wear them but I am so tempted.......

Wait, I have to focus on cab....

Ooh can you post the peanuts?

I've never seen peanuts!!!

The bad thing about jade is it indulges my kitschy habits. So excited about my mismatched fish :dance:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick Question re YY

What happens after you complete a full purchase and pay them?

Is it like J where after a few days they send you a pic of your parcel and give you a tracking number?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze and @Seaglow , I know for sure YY is cheaper for the smaller stuff and for quality pieces and cabs.

I also think YY has good bangles at good prices. So you can nab a bargain piece. So for example, similar quality between YY and Nandar, YY checks out cheaper.

I am wondering if YY is cheaper for the larger more expensive items, compared to J. Now for one item, J wanted 9 800. But YY wanted 59 800 RMB. Same item. That is 1200 USD cheaper for YY and before any transaction fees. But with YY you can bargain a bit and get a better discount. With J, that same 9800 USD cab ring that YY had at 59800 RMB, J would have given me maybe at 9700 (she became very tight with discounts - probably to do with the Christmas season) and then slapped a fee on top of it so I would eventually have paid 10 050 had I gone for it. This is because I pay by Paypal with J. I did not buy it because it sold whilst I was dithering. Probably sold by YY.

With YY, the pictures are harder to see because on Samsung, all looks wonderful. This is for items on wechat. On FB or her live streams, you know exactly what you are buying, so that does not count.

What are your thoughts regarding more expensive items? I ask because I am after the more expensive items for the moment.

For J with more expensive items, you can bargain for bigger discounts. For YY, it’s just a bit but YY checks out cheaper. For the entire transaction cycle from purchase to receipt, I have yet experience with YY. If all else ok, then price difference is worth it and can be substantial. But JJ is able to minimise risks for you by shipping thru DHL and accepting PayPal with better communications. So a couple of hundreds or so should be ok as J’s premium (it just got too much lately with items as you said, higher than a thousand bucks) as YY can say no returns even for items of few thousands of dollars.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it was sheer luck. I hadn't seen any this size and colour over the past years, though my smaller strand has better colour and translucency.

I suspect yours might be a better colour and perhaps translucency too.

Auntie offered me a good price so I didn't bargain. I was eyeing the ruby yellow gold bangles. Old smith work, over 20 years old. Unfortunately it has to be sold in a set of 3 and I only want 1.
Yes, but I have found that people often make their own luck. =)2 First off they have to be in the right place at the right time, second they have to know enough to take advantage of the opportunity, and third they have to have the nerve to do so!

I saw the photos of the ruby bangles in your other thread, they are to die for!!! I bet you could buy the three and sell two to the rest of us. Might even end up with a profit! :mrgreen2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, but I have found that people often make their own luck. =)2 First off they have to be in the right place at the right time, second they have to know enough to take advantage of the opportunity, and third they have to have the nerve to do so!

I saw the photos of the ruby bangles in your other thread, they are to die for!!! I bet you could buy the three and sell two to the rest of us. Might even end up with a profit! :mrgreen2:

Hahahha it's almost US1800 per bangle though. So 3 is just too much. 18k though.

They are Monghsu rubies for the redder ones. Unheated I think since I see some with the purple core within.

The pinker ones are Mogok.

But in this case the Monghsu ones are more attractive.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Quick Question re YY

What happens after you complete a full purchase and pay them?

Is it like J where after a few days they send you a pic of your parcel and give you a tracking number?

They will check on the transfer and inform you. Then send photo of the item purchased next to the package prepared fort it. Check the handwritten address.

That's all I've got to today. Waiting till it's actually sent out and if they update with the tracking code.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a message sending me two pics of the certs for my lace earrings asking me if I have the certs.

I asked them if they will mail it to me.

They said something about looking on the internet.

Anyways I think we have both confused each other but I am not too fussed as long as they mail the right stuff to me so I didn't say anymore!

Lol this is a very interesting experience language wise!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got a message sending me two pics of the certs for my lace earrings asking me if I have the certs.

I asked them if they will mail it to me.

They said something about looking on the internet.

Anyways I think we have both confused each other but I am not too fussed as long as they mail the right stuff to me so I didn't say anymore!

Lol this is a very interesting experience language wise!

Copy and paste the Chinese characters here?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
证书拍照给你了[Joyful]

Are you sending these Certificates to me?

拍照给你

网上可以查询的[Smile]

You send certificate with earrings?

网上查询

Lol I stopped there. Totally confused!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Certificate photos taken and sent to you. You can verifythe cert online (first).

I think they will also include in the mail. Otherwise where are the cert photos from? Post the photo here?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Burmesedaze

They probably wanted me to check the certs?

Here's one

mmexport1545046167709.jpg
Approx 9g for both earrings. 4.5g each ear. Wonder if it'll be heavy.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can validate the qr code online first. Think that's what they meant.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh icic

Thanks heaps!

The basic buying was easier to understand!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone do anymore damage today or we're all jade out?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies isn't this divine???

I think I can wedge it onto my left wrist but I'd need to keep it there forever.

If I didn't have pride left I'd be all over this! 4300 rmb! Oval 52 x 45mm

mmexport1545048268449.jpg

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone do anymore damage today or we're all jade out?

Me. High cab. Is fat. 24 mm as a ring.

Can be pendant or ring (not sure I like that idea).

And most importantly, a good colour and price :) :kiss2:.

I really really am not buying anymore until next year :oops2:.

Still on my list - The Imperial Purple Oval or Round One Ring. And The Green Oval or Round One Ring. And......etc etc.....

huge hulu ring.jpg

Oh, and two items arrived finally after 3 weeks from J today. From the bargain bin.....

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies isn't this divine???

I think I can wedge it onto my left wrist but I'd need to keep it there forever.

If I didn't have pride left I'd be all over this! 4300 rmb! Oval 52 x 45mm

mmexport1545048268449.jpg

Love.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: But I not buying anymore.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK did you buy the gourd or a Cab?

Omg show me pic of Cab??? Plzzzzzzz

Gourd green and texture looks amazing!!!!!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Omg!!!! That lavender is fabulous!!!! Bargain bin???? Really???

Absolutely fabulous!!! Very watery!

Yes, really. Bargain bin price from J. Ring looks huge but the cab is only 11.9 mm or something like that. But I love this colour and translucency. I cut a deal with J for the pendant and the ring. Both totalled up to around 1.4 k usd. They weren't in the bargain bin. The ring was around 1k listed. The pendant I think 760 usd. But I negotiated down to bargain bin price (well now that her bargain bin can be like 666 usd).

You're right. The resizing is bad.

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I need more pics of that lavender!!! I'm so jelly!!! Yours has amazing water!

I like water in pale lavender. But my favourite is very very strong colour in lavender. If pale, has to have a lot of water. Otherwise, it won't glow.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
This is from YY's bargain bin page. You can see examples of my ring there, in the bargain bin section.

J simply unbargain-binned a couple of items. But I did bargain very hard with J. J isn't all that bad, if you understand her.

YY rings.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results