shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, she has a hulu ring. Very lovely. But at 3.5 mm in height only.

It is the size I want. 19 mm by 13 mm or something like that. With mounting, it is around 24 mm in length.

The colour is good. The translucency is good. Diamond halo I believe is around 1.8 to 2 mm diamonds (erm, I am all for bigger diamonds.... but that is also a doable size for me).

It can convert into pendant.

She is wanting 7.9 K USD.

Just the height. At 3.5 mm.

Also, I always wanted a cabochon. At 7.9K I know I can hold out for a huge cab. But this hulu very cute and fat.

Height. Must all jadeite be high? This one isn't flat either.

I post side profile at its flattest so you can see:confused:. This is from YY. What do you think?

hulu ring.jpg

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, she has a hulu ring. Very lovely. But at 3.5 mm in height only.

It is the size I want. 19 mm by 13 mm or something like that. With mounting, it is around 24 mm in length.

The colour is good. The translucency is good. Diamond halo I believe is around 1.8 to 2 mm diamonds (erm, I am all for bigger diamonds.... but that is also a doable size for me).

It can convert into pendant.

She is wanting 7.9 K USD.

Just the height. At 3.5 mm.

Also, I always wanted a cabochon. At 7.9K I know I can hold out for a huge cab. But this hulu very cute and fat.

Height. Must all jadeite be high? This one isn't flat either.

I post side profile at its flattest so you can see:confused:. This is from YY. What do you think?

hulu ring.jpg

They carve into a hulu because there are flaws in the rough to carve out hence can't be a good cab with good proportions. If too thin and just for the colour, it should not cost like a cab. I would pass.

A cab is also more evergreen to go with more outfits and non jade jewellery, don't you think?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
K. I will drop this. Thanks.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Also, too thin is more prone to breakage or chips. Esp as a ring... Like how I chipped a spinel ring!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Also, too thin is more prone to breakage or chips. Esp as a ring... Like how I chipped a spinel ring!

I just like them fat big and high. Cabochons of any gem type have to be fat big and high. I did not think about the chip factor.

I will stop getting distracted. Has to be a cab. Focus on cab.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just like them fat big and high. Cabochons of any gem type have to be fat big and high. I did not think about the chip factor.

I will stop getting distracted. Has to be a cab. Focus on cab.

A convertible ring pendant will be awesome!

Focus, focus!

My wishlist reads nice luscious donut, larger pair of cabs for earrings, a good lavender and a glassy.

Nice green scenery pendant but have to be right and carving has to speak to me. Preferably with a deeper meaning than just 意境山水,前程似锦。

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Burmese scenes, like those found on the thabeik bowl. They had one today, but it was white and icy.

I am looking for something green in jadeite. Unlikely. I have never seen one before, in green jadeite or green and white icy jadeite.

Thabeik Bowl.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the Burmese scenes, like those found on the thabeik bowl. They had one today, but it was white and icy.

I am looking for something green in jadeite. Unlikely. I have never seen one before, in green jadeite or green and white icy jadeite.

Thabeik Bowl.jpg

I don't think they would waste scarce material unless requested for such!

Such silversmithing work can't be found in modern Myanmar.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg!!! I just bought 3 pairs of stuff for 1200 each from YY! Will need to add these

Lol I just paid too

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought fish! And lavender hoops and white leaves

The fish are so kitsch but what the heck!

mmexport1544945295747.jpg

Even with postage it was $200 usd per pair (and postage was killer). Waaaay cheaper than J.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I bought fish! And lavender hoops and white leaves

The fish are so kitsch but what the heck!

mmexport1544945295747.jpg

Even with postage it was $200 usd per pair (and postage was killer). Waaaay cheaper than J.

Good deal. Two for one. Even with j at 388, that is not her final price. You would have to pay around 400 usd for transaction fees.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't get any discount though but since it was so cheap I didn't try too hard.

Their post sounds a bit less straight forward but we shall see!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is at near wholesale price, I think it's fair.

Mine auntie's new shop opened today. Other than their own sapphires, also older stock collected over the years. I came away with this lavender jadeite necklace. Kahuna size a la ChaiK teeheehee. First sale so no profit taken. US$500.

Bottom lavender strand as its most uniform with fewer cracks.

I will post the other photos of their own stones and stuff on my thread later.

20181216_134747.jpg 20181216_134815.jpg 20181216_134753.jpg 20181216_143227.jpg 20181216_134831.jpg 20181216_144048.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And mellow...didn't someone say...no buy ban??

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And mellow...didn't someone say...no buy ban??

I know!!! I know!!!! *hangs head in shame*

But it was like $200 usd for a pair!!!! And I NEED earrings! I do! Really I do! Plus I need presents for Lil Sis next year! What better presents than earrings! Jade earrings!

At these prices, hanging on a principled no buy seems silly!

I paid HKD into their HSBC account. I convert everything to usd for the sake of the thread.

And......I just bought 2 lace pairs!

So cheap!

I didn't get a discount though! It was the lady whose rings I piked on! I was feeling bad about the other day so I didn't dare push for a discount! :lol-2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sooooooo lucky I am too lazy to wear pendants!!!!! One rabbit hole I can stay away from!!!!!!
:lol:

I'm gonna look like an extra on Ruyi with all my new crazy earrings! FISH!!!!!!! The fish scales do not match but who cares :dance:

ETA: I really wanted the purple balls with the butterflies but had to draw the line somewhere!

OMG what will I give to Lil Sis? There are so many to chose from!

ETA: I ALMOST bought a lace pair from Jasmine the other day! I was pining after them. Then the pair I wanted sold and I didn't want the second pair on offer. Thank goodness I didn't!

ETA: To be impartial though there is only a savings of $73 usd (I paid $296 usd vs J's $369) on the lace earrings.

This does not factor in postage as they are combining postage for me with the other items.

I hope their postage is ok! To be fair J's postage was awesome.

Last edited:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is driving me crazy! I have so many questions!
@mellowyellowgirl I thought you said you didn't speak Chinese? How are you communicating?
So do you physically go to the bank to deposit the money or do you do it all on online?
How much was the postage? Do you think they will ship to the US?

ETA: I saw those fish! They are so cute!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is driving me crazy! I have so many questions!
@mellowyellowgirl I thought you said you didn't speak Chinese? How are you communicating?
So do you physically go to the bank to deposit the money or do you do it all on online?
How much was the postage? Do you think they will ship to the US?

Haha okies I do not know a word of chinese!

I message them in English and they reply in chinese. I then paste the chinese into google translate to see what they are saying.

At the very beginning I typed in English and got google to translate it into simplified chinese and then posted that chinese to the vendors. I told them I was using google translate so forgive me if I sound funny. They told me to write to them in English.

Sometimes I throw in the phrase posted by @Burmesedaze! That got me a discount on the rings where I piked but no luck with these ones!

Postage was $43 USD for me today to Australia

I have a banking app with my Australian Bank that lets me transfer any currency (hmm except maybe the dodgy ones) from my AUD account to anyone. The bank charges me either $6 or $12 AUD per transfer depending on the amount.

I'm pretty confident they will ship to US!

Haha payment was a bit of a trial but if you get to that stage I can post the translations of the payment details I used!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you sooo much!! You are so brave!
I am obsessing over earrings and it's completely the wrong time of year. Christmas is looming and I have no business buying myself anything.
I'm waiting for the right green ones...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am obsessing over earrings and it's completely the wrong time of year. Christmas is looming and I have no business buying myself anything.

It is actually quite silly when you think about it! Sending money into the ether.

I think buying so many times seamlessly from J has made me a bit brazen.

The very first transaction with her I used Paypal and then I thought "What the heck" and went to straight transfer for a discount.

Fingers crossed everything arrives ok with these new folks.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
200/pair is ok. Doesn't get you Tiffany sterling silver earrings :razz:

I almost bought the lace ones but held back. I want to see what else comes along and I really would prefer larger ones.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I purchased a few thousand usd dollars from the live stream. Technically over 4000rmb they include free postage to hk, China and Taiwan. Not anywhere else. I have ordered multiples of 4000rmb and they refuse to include free postage to Southeast Asia!

But that is not a big sum divided among the items.

I paid by tt too. I think they should be fine. Been around for a while.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

There is Chinese New Year in February so I'm not sure if prices will go up or down. But am pretty sure they will increase stock from now till then to catch all the festive purchases.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I paid by tt too. I think they should be fine. Been around for a while.

I hope so. I'm starting to want one of those gorgeous dragon carved pendants as well. Looking at them on my Samsung, I think the greens are not as saturated in real life...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results