shape
carat
color
clarity

Dose anyone live in Northern Ireland?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple questions:
Are all the hunger strikers of 81 buried in the same place or in family plots?
Do you think the Good Friday Peace Treaty is worth the paper written on?
Do teachers teach that period of history or sweep it under the rug?
{And finally): Do you think the IiRA has really turned on all their all their weapons?

I know a guy who did time i in the Kesh but won't talk about {unless he's had few beers}.

thanx for any inf you can - provide- I'm doing a paper
I really DON'T want to turn this iinto an acrimonious debate, I just need some i nfo forr my paper
tanx for any info you can provide.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do anecdotal responses on PS count as valid evidence base/source in a thesis? lol

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure yet but even if they don't I'd be interested .I'' e-mail my prof. I don't text.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can't offer any real info, but the thread caught my eye. I really found Northern Ireland fascinating and if I am being completely honest, the tiniest bit unnerving when we visited in 2015. It was a great experience and many very beautiful places to see. The Giants causeway was an amazing natural wonder and unlike anything I have ever seen before.

As far as the IRA, we took a private driver tour around Belfast and our tour guide told us that the IRA has evolved into, what we in the states might describe as a mob/mafia type organization. Tension was slightly palpable in certain areas and the wall is still there. We were told that all but one gate is closed every evening, but I can not personally confirm that. There are many murals honoring various IRA members and he described annual bonfire celebrations put on by the loyalists that occur to celebrate the Battle of the Boyne. We were there a few days before this was to occur and someone had started the bonfire early as a rebellious act. It was quit jarring to witness this humongous bonfire (3-4 stories high) in a busy part of town in the middle of the day. The driver commented that "many will be very upset by this", what exactly that means I am not sure of the extent, but I was not upset that this was our last day there.

When we visited Derry, within the wall city limits I felt very comfortable. We did stroll down by the location of Bloody Sunday and felt a little less easy. There are many beautiful murals painted in remembrance of the victims, but there is also plenty of IRA graffiti. Whether it is recent or not, I couldn't say for sure, but it made me uneasy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results