shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on two WF 2 carat stones please!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking to upgrade to a 2+ carat round around $18K. I would like to stay at I color or higher and SI1 or higher. It would have to be eye clean and near colorless as I’m used to an H VS2, but I’ve seen many I’s in person that are fine for me in terms of color and as long as I can’t see the inclusions I’m cool. Also of course it needs to be triple excellent/ideal. :) Can anyone chime in with their thoughts on these two stones? TIA!

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4063387.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2936493.htm

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one the best. Smaller table and possibly better CA and PA combo. The video looks more stunning to me as well :love:

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one the best. Smaller table and possibly better CA and PA combo. The video looks more stunning to me as well :love:

Thanks so much for your input!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kal2021,
Really at this point your best bet is to contact WF and ask them to do a side-by-side comparison (ask for pictures too). Ask them if one appears
whiter than the other, are any of the inclusions viewable at closer than 10 inches, does one have more fire/sparkle/brilliance than the other?

They will be honest with you. They will be able to tell you things that we are just guessing at or that might* be true.

Come back and post the pics and tell us what you've learned. With that extra info we might be able to tell you what we would choose and why.

Good luck,
Tyty

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
For 1.5 K more I would choose the first one ACA with the smaller table...agree with@kmoro

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @tyty333 that you should ask WF to send you pics of both IRL. That will allow you to see them in natrual lighting and make a choice that way.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I will definitely ask for more photos from WF!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kal2021,
Really at this point your best bet is to contact WF and ask them to do a side-by-side comparison (ask for pictures too). Ask them if one appears
whiter than the other, are any of the inclusions viewable at closer than 10 inches, does one have more fire/sparkle/brilliance than the other?

They will be honest with you. They will be able to tell you things that we are just guessing at or that might* be true.

Come back and post the pics and tell us what you've learned. With that extra info we might be able to tell you what we would choose and why.

Good luck,
Tyty

Thank you! Is 10 inches sort of the benchmark for eye clean?

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Is 10 inches sort of the benchmark for eye clean?

8 to 10 inches is typically the benchmark for eye clean. But this is very subjective everyone's definition of eye clean is different. If your definition of eye clean is no visible inclusions with the naked eye from any distance let the vendor know you are dealing with.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
8 to 10 inches is typically the benchmark for eye clean. But this is very subjective everyone's definition of eye clean is different. If your definition of eye clean is no visible inclusions with the naked eye from any distance let the vendor know you are dealing with.

Makes perfect sense thank you!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
As you are looking at BGD, here are 2 fluorescent diamonds in the Blue collection:
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...2.125-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104102899046
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...2.228-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104102612058
They could look whiter than a regular J.

Thank you I’m loving that bigger one! And I confirmed with them that I would be able to trade in my current stone for it so it’s definitelh an option!! Really appreciate your help!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
You could ask his team to compare the blue and the 2.061 that you found.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
You could ask his team to compare the blue and the 2.061 that you found.

It was funny. I was chatting with Jamie over there about the original ones I posted and then you and she suggested the blue one at almost the same time! She likes the blue better.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Did she explain why she prefers the blue one?

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Did she explain why she prefers the blue one?

She basically just said that the blue would help the J color and that I was getting more for my money with the larger size. She wasn’t comparing side to side. Should I ask for that?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
She basically just said that the blue would help the J color and that I was getting more for my money with the larger size. She wasn’t comparing side to side. Should I ask for that?
I would ask, yes.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I love both stones in the video. And the CBI H-SI2 seems so eye clean!
And the J next to the H doesn't look dark!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Did you see the second video? The J is a killer!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Did you see the second video? The J is a killer!

I just watched! It really is stunning. Makes me a little nervous she didn’t pick it but I know everyone is different. Maybe it is meant to be for me!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
She explained why: none of the 2 stones exactly matched her specs.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
She explained why: none of the 2 stones exactly matched her specs.

Yea I saw that but was just hoping it wasn’t more than that.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have a J colored BGD blue, and I love it. To be honest, there are times I can see the tint in my stone, particularly from the side. But most of the time, it’s just a beautiful stone. You could get it and upgrade to a higher color at some point.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results