shape
carat
color
clarity

Which dress? (Warning: super cute fun inside)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one did you decide to purchase Monnie?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of the hemline of #1 Too mature for a little girl.

I know how to remedy that: buy her some spike heels to go with the dress. ;))

Just kidding, of course. I am remembering how fast my own daughter's feet grew. She wore my size shoe by the time she was in third grade (about age eight). I told her she had better start wearing my high heels because soon her feet would be too big for them. She said, "really?" and I had to tell her I was just kidding.

AGBF

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with @Austina and @lambskin... number 2 for me personally. Which one goes better with her hair and skin tone? I recently bought a dark red velvet dress for my dd#4 and it didn't suit her very well. Usually the little princesses are so adorable that they can wear anything, but my girls look even better in lighter colors.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot how hard it was to find shoes for my girls. My girls had big feet when they were young! I looked for black velvet MaryJanes and had to settle for black patent leather. When they grew out of that style then the majority of shoes were awful sparkle/glitter/silver/gold/pink shoes with a heel or awful ankle strap.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your comment made me LOL @lambskin . My four year old niece loves sparkle shoes. We can walk in a store and she finds them immediately. She is a flower girl in an upcoming wedding soon. Her mom asked that I please tell her cowboy boots will look great with her flower girl dress. The bride wants her to wear cowboy boots and this little one is not happy about it.

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@missy Thank you so much!! You are awesome! I must be Nordstrom challenged :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thank you so much!! You are awesome! I must be Nordstrom challenged :lol:

Hahahaha you’re welcome. I’m not the most technologically/technically savvy believe me. I just did a google image search and up it popped. :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up ordering #1.

@lambskin I hear you on the hemline; however, I don't think it's that short in the front? I think it might appear that way because of the high/low effect. She'll be wearing tights, so her legs won't really be exposed anyway. The size range offered is 2T-6x, so it's not like it's a dress meant for older girls. I am hyper-aware of whether something looks conservative enough--I was in Catholic school being taught by nuns at her age, and my mother has got to be the most modest person I've ever met in my life, wow did we have some terrible fights over my wardrobe choices and my grandmother buying me a pair of white patent leather sandals with a 1" heel when I was about 7 or 8...:mrgreen2:

Thanks, everyone! :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Late to the game:

Perhaps let her choose? - if picking dresses is something you would want to do with her.

___
You are reminding me of a gift received perhaps at the same age or one year earlier: two dresses - one with stars, one paisley. I wore them both to death... Of course, I needed no reason to dress up then (do I now!)

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
They are both beautiful! Agree that the first one is very special and uncommon - definitely a showstopper! The second one is classic and stunning - you can probably get more mileage out of it if you have any weddings coming up that are on the fancier side. Either way, you can't lose!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both (if you haven't picked yet) #1 has so much personality, and #2 is so classic and sweet.
You are very lucky to have a 6 year old who will still let you pick out her clothes. My daughter got opinionated at about 2. Now, she has a boy just like her. If he doesn't like what he is wearing he will 'accidentally' spill water down the front so he has to take it off. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both (if you haven't picked yet) #1 has so much personality, and #2 is so classic and sweet.
You are very lucky to have a 6 year old who will still let you pick out her clothes. My daughter got opinionated at about 2. Now, she has a boy just like her. If he doesn't like what he is wearing he will 'accidentally' spill water down the front so he has to take it off. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't say I have carte blanche...she is also very opinionated about what she wears and has been since about 2, just like yours. Dresses, dresses, and more dresses (and they have to be twirl-friendly, not straight) are all that is on the list of acceptable items. I think she's worn jeans less than a handful of times in her life. She hates them. Leggings, on the other hand, are essentially tights that go under skirts/dresses. Or that is the current "rule" anyway. Hahaha! That is so funny about your son. They sure are precious.

@JPie arrrrggghhhh! I love that dress you posted! Lucky niece! It is so hard not to buy everything I see that I fall in love with for my daughter. I have a J. Crew order arriving tomorrow with a dress/shoes/jewelry/tights for her, all in metallics and sparkles. This is it, though, I am done! I swear! :lol-2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64, I love that your daughter loves all things girly and twirly! I remember loving that too. I have a 6 month old grand daughter~oh my goodness~do I hope she is just like your girl! This grammy will be buying or sewing all the dresses she can handle. I used to take my daughter to Nordstrom and let her pick her clothes. If I told her I hated it, she would sometimes like it, but I couldn't get anything to girly past her. She favored more of the town tart look, lol.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have to go with number 1. I am an old grandpa and I love the astronomical flavor of the first dress. My daughter probably would have loved it, although she is now the proud mom of two great daughters who I love completely. As most grandfathers, I am totally wrapped around the fingers of my three granddaughters, as well as easily influenced by my two grandsons.

I now return you to your very expert feminine opinions, just wanted to throw my thoughts into the ring.

Wink

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I totally love #1. 2 is cute and girly. One is fun, happy and original. She’s 6. Definitely fun-happy-individual.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The second one is pretty, but it's not unique, or eye-catching to me. It's very traditional. I really like the first one. It's bright and it says "fun childhood" to me. Like that dress you had as a kid that you wore everywhere, regardless of how appropriate it is for the occasion, because you loved it.

I like this one too:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/trixxi-metallic-jacquard-fit-flare-dress-big-girls/5021222?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home/Kids/Girls/Girls (Sizes 7-16)/Dresses & Rompers&color=navy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 , Please let us know how your daughter reacted to her new dress. It’s always so much to hear how happy they are to get a special dress.

@JPie That sparkle dress would have been a big hit with my 4 year old niece. The problem would be her wanting to wear it every day LOL.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
EE22A0F6-0807-498B-877C-F7DCB84B52EE.jpeg ABE47E95-1EE0-445D-89F9-D2B7400882E3.jpeg C1173E18-D661-4136-89B3-817D1BC14153.jpeg
I love the dresses you posted. I’m sure she loves the one you picked out.

I’m a fan of letting little girls wear their dresses even when the holidays are over. She can wear it to the grocery store, to help in the garden, to the doctors and anywhere else she wishes. So many cute photo opportunities too. I love seeing cute little girly girls dressed like that. Especially with rain boots! I wish my daughters were little again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results