shape
carat
color
clarity

Three-stone round and pear help

Should I have openings added under the pears or leave well enough alone?

• Leave it alone!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Add those openings!

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Erinsews

Rough_Rock
BDD5C018-B384-47F6-B52A-BCC5DB7FED28.jpeg 5541F9FE-BA65-4316-B86C-9ECCD0175938.jpeg F00EB20B-632C-4BB8-9414-F6EB5B4271E5.jpeg 4684F676-61B6-4344-B23D-F285ED3CBC89.jpeg First, thank you to all of the posters on this site. I found a lot of the information immensely helpful as I worked on my engagement ring upgrade. I just received my custom knife-edge three-stone round and pear ring done by a local jeweler and it is lovely. It’s just what I had envisioned except for one thing: the lack of openings under the pears (the wax model didn’t have the openings and I was assured they would be in the final ring, but they aren’t). My jeweler has told me that those can be added, but I’m questioning whether I want/need to do that. I imagine the openings would let in a little more light, but honestly, I don’t feel like there’s a lack of sparkle! Might the closed band protect the pears more? Or even just keep them cleaner? What are your thoughts on the look of it? Should I have the openings added or leave well enough alone?

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is one of my favorite styles. I would prefer open baskets to what you have, but it is a personal choice. What your jeweler did is less common, but probably not wrong.

Erinsews

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I usually prefer the open basket look as well but I do sort of appreciate that this feels a bit unique. Hmm.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
:love:I like it !

Erinsews

Rough_Rock
Anyone else have thoughts on this? I’m hoping to let them know this week whether I want the open baskets added or not. Oh, and it was pointed out to me on a different forum that the bar underneath the center diamond looks crooked. It’s just the angle of the photo—no issues IRL.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love your round and double pears combo. I think it is one of the most beautify three-stone setting.

I like openings...I never knew how to clean the ring if it is set inn a basket. I found it difficult enough to get the stones totally sparkly again when they are set in a open/half basket -- even with my ultrasonic cleanser and high pressure steam...:nono::nono::nono:

I like the bridge setting...Here is mine. :clap::clap::clap:

IMG_1827.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results