carat
color
clarity

August vintage 25% off moissy sale

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI for those that didn’t already know.
Type in “veterans” for the extended Veterans Day sale that gets you 25% off aug vintage moissy.

I nabbed a 8mm MRB (his oec patterns are too perfect to me lol. I like my old cuts to be less “ideal” lol). Can’t wait to see it since I’ve heard he’s an amazing cutter! I own WF ACA and AGS0 diamonds so looking forward to seeing how this compares cut wise.

I

Irving

Oooh! I can’t wait to see it. Please post pics. I’m tempted to buy the OEC but considering the MRB too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! I can’t wait to see it. Please post pics. I’m tempted to buy the OEC but considering the MRB too.
Yeah something about the way he cuts the round OECs doesn’t do it for me. I think I want a bigger cutlet!
Love the elongated cushions but I know I’m a rounds girl at heart.

Will definitely post here when it arrives :)

Heh I had asked my jeweler to reset a eBay oec moissy into a setting I love thy has an Asha. Now I have to ask her to swap this moissy for that one. Oof. Best case scenario she hadn’t gotten to it yet :p

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade Not wanting to undermine August Vintage in any way because I think they’re amazing and I love their cuts but I happened to see on IG that LAD has someone cutting vintage-style moissies with a bit of wonk..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade Not wanting to undermine August Vintage in any way because I think they’re amazing and I love their cuts but I happened to see on IG that LAD has someone cutting vintage-style moissies with a bit of wonk..
Haha. Nobody says I can’t have both!
Travel rings as test runs to see how I feel about a certain size or cut isn’t a bad thing.

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah something about the way he cuts the round OECs doesn’t do it for me. I think I want a bigger cutlet!

Note on this. I was reading a suuuper old thread when doing my diamond research. I think it was before the AVRs were official. Some trade people were talking about vintage repro cuts and how big they should make the culet. Rhino said that it would likely be best business practice to cut them without a culet, and at one at any size at the buyer's request. Because it takes them like 2 seconds. So he would probably do this for you if you asked. (But maybe not refundable)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

Hers are gorgeous! My favorite. And they’re all from Harro ;)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI for those that didn’t already know.
Type in “veterans” for the extended Veterans Day sale that gets you 25% off aug vintage moissy.

I nabbed a 8mm MRB (his oec patterns are too perfect to me lol. I like my old cuts to be less “ideal” lol). Can’t wait to see it since I’ve heard he’s an amazing cutter! I own WF ACA and AGS0 diamonds so looking forward to seeing how this compares cut wise.

Super excited to see what you think about these! I was SO tempted to get one of his MRBs but ended up going with a CBI (because I couldn't pass it up). But I'm so curious how it compares to super ideals.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results