shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with aset pictures!!!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone! Can you guys plz help me with these pictures?? Is this diamond look ok ? Or not that perfect ?? Thank you !! 93DC9B8A-2780-442D-A901-B7865BFE1B13.jpeg 4FA3BCBC-ACF5-4199-92DE-3AA33B018E39.jpeg EEE6C112-6D3E-4BAD-9ED1-13057DFC8B9F.jpeg C931D298-36AC-4B02-AA53-197468904F9D.jpeg D2F550B6-8B8F-4F29-BD3A-37F8E1073DEA.jpeg C931D298-36AC-4B02-AA53-197468904F9D.jpeg

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@sledge I know you are great at readying these aset pictures !:) can you plz help me ? Thabk you in advance :roll2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sledge but I'm not loving this. I see leakage, and the arrows look odd/too "fuzzy/undefined". What are the specs?

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Not sledge but I'm not loving this. I see leakage, and the arrows look odd/too "fuzzy/undefined". What are the specs?
I just hoping that anybody could help :)) and thank you for stopping by ! I saw also blurry Arrows but was thinking the image was just not taken right . The stone has 55 table , 61.5 depth ,34.9 /40.6

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just hoping that anybody could help :)) and thank you for stopping by ! I saw also blurry Arrows but was thinking the image was just not taken right . The stone has 55 table , 61.5 depth ,34.9 /40.6

Is it AGS or GIA certified? If it's GIA XXX, we know that some of those stones aren't good performers despite having specs in the "ideal" range. AGS 0 is much more likely to be excellent so there's less stress/unknown factors there.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is it AGS or GIA certified? If it's GIA XXX, we know that some of those stones aren't good performers despite having specs in the "ideal" range. AGS 0 is much more likely to be excellent so there's less stress/unknown factors there.
Yeah ! It’s GIA stone triple excellent stone .So In your opining , I should move on and look for something else ? I just don’t know how to read these aset images and how to understand if there light leakage or what else going on !

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah ! It’s GIA stone triple excellent stone .So In your opining , I should move on and look for something else ? I just don’t know how to read these aset images and how to understand if there light leakage or what else going on !

I would probably look for something else if I were you, since I think there's a good amount of leakage here. Unless the price is too good to pass up I would move on.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would probably look for something else if I were you, since I think there's a good amount of leakage here. Unless the price is too good to pass up I would move on.
It’s I ,vs1,1.35 for around 8000$?? I don’t know if it’s a goood deal or not ?

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock

Where are you seeing leakage? ASET and IS look good to me. To the OP, this is not a hearts and arrows stone. If it is being marketed as such, I would pass.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where are you seeing leakage? ASET and IS look good to me. To the OP, this is not a hearts and arrows stone. If it is being marketed as such, I would pass.

I feel like this bunch of blue, especially at the ends of the "arrows" could be leakage. But maybe I'm wrong? C931D298-36AC-4B02-AA53-197468904F9D.jpeg

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I completely understand that it’s not a super ideal ,but I am completely fine with decent Stone wich will look beautiful. I own two small super ideals stones ,one is aca 0.70 and Brian Gavin in same rage , I don’t dont see a ton of difference between my other Gia in the ideal rage stones . For that moment in my life i don’t think i would like to overpay 2-3-4 thousands for tiny difference . So do you think this stone will look nice ? Thank you !!

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like this bunch of blue, especially at the ends of the "arrows" could be leakage. But maybe I'm wrong? C931D298-36AC-4B02-AA53-197468904F9D.jpeg

ASET has a black background so I believe that is making the ends look different. Blue is contrast on a ASET and we would see black if there was leakage near the edges or green if there were areas of lower light intensity. Not an expert by any means, just my opinion.

@Golden_bird , stone should look nice. ASET and IS are good. I believe it will meet or exceed your expectations. You've got two nice stones to compare it to when it arrives, but I don't think you will be disappointed with this choice.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I'm late to the party.

FYI....

ASET-color-light-ranges.jpg

Diamond-reflecting-light-at-different-angles-as-seen-through-an-ASET-image.jpg

The above in mind, the blue being represented isn't actual leakage. If it was, it would be shown as black on this particular ASET image as the background used was black. In an ASET image where a white background was used, then leakage would be white.

To recap...
  • Leakage = black/white, depending on background used
  • 75-90 degree lighting = blue
  • 45-75 degree lighting = red
  • 0-45 degree lighting = green
A good ASET image would look like the following:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022281.htm

hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104100872034-aset-148316.jpg

Keep in mind the arrows that show up in black in the first image posted by @Golden_bird does so because the dark lens of the camera is reflecting off the 8 pavilion mains. The same thing happens in the ASET image, except they appear blue because the top of the ASET scope is blue. In real life, we call this effect head obstruction, as a shadow is created by your head as you look at the diamond from above.

The good thing is this provides contrast, which can enhance a diamond and give it depth. At the same time, too much contrast can make a diamond look dark as well. I wish I could find the animated GIF that Garry uses to show head obstruction. Basically the person is happy and the expression changes as the angles change and the viewer is on top of the diamond. It goes from happy to sad.

The symmetry is definitely not H&A. However, the IS image looks very good. I may try to keep looking for something better but that is because I am extremely picky too.

ETA:
Failed to provide another link. I believe you are getting the extra blue (around the center) on the ASET because of pavilion painting.

https://www.pricescope.com/articles/visible_effects_painting_digging_superideal_diamonds

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP, those are some solid IS and ASET images. I’d be worried if I saw a lot of white in them, but we’re not getting a lot of that. I do think however that the ASET was taken a little wonkily. The IS is damn near perfect, solid edge to edge red.

H&A images also seem a little off centre which might explain a lot of the blurring (I’m making an educated guess there as in the hearts image, the clefts are turning a bit. As others have said, if the vendor is marketing this is as a H&A stone, as we’d say here in Australia “Tell him/her he’s/she’s dreamin’...”

I have a feeling this stone is listed on Enchanted Diamonds...

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You asked about a good value....it appears you can reach super ideal status if VS1 isn't a requirement.

WF ACA 1.177ct I VS2 @ $7,960

WF ES 1.218ct I SI1 @ $6,964
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3872128.htm

Not 100% ACA perfect, but sounds exactly what you want to buy. Plus all the benefits of the WF trade-in and buyback policies. AGS000 certified, good performance images, etc. Plus $1k cheaper than your other stone. Be sure to have WF gemologist pull the stone and ask about that knot to ensure it's a non-issue.

WF ACA 1.216ct I VS2 @ $8,199
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3986343.htm

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You asked about a good value....it appears you can reach super ideal status if VS1 isn't a requirement.

WF ACA 1.177ct I VS2 @ $7,960

WF ES 1.218ct I SI1 @ $6,964
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3872128.htm

Not 100% ACA perfect, but sounds exactly what you want to buy. Plus all the benefits of the WF trade-in and buyback policies. AGS000 certified, good performance images, etc. Plus $1k cheaper than your other stone. Be sure to have WF gemologist pull the stone and ask about that knot to ensure it's a non-issue.

WF ACA 1.216ct I VS2 @ $8,199
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3986343.htm
Thank you @sledge for great options ! It’s good thing and bad thing that I live In Houston ,so I have to pay tax :( plus I really wanted to reach those at least 7mm size to fit my current setting! You are such an amazing person to take your time and be so ditailed in explanation . You have a heart of gold :roll2: I am no way at the rush , it’s just a diamond . But I think it will be my final so called engament ring upgrade . I don’t think I will be comfortable to spend more money in the future for these toys :kiss2: only If I become rich and famous :razz:

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OP, those are some solid IS and ASET images. I’d be worried if I saw a lot of white in them, but we’re not getting a lot of that. I do think however that the ASET was taken a little wonkily. The IS is damn near perfect, solid edge to edge red.

H&A images also seem a little off centre which might explain a lot of the blurring (I’m making an educated guess there as in the hearts image, the clefts are turning a bit. As others have said, if the vendor is marketing this is as a H&A stone, as we’d say here in Australia “Tell him/her he’s/she’s dreamin’...”

I have a feeling this stone is listed on Enchanted Diamonds...
Thabk you for your input in this dilemma )))) no it’s not advertised as hearts and arrows ,juts Gia triple excellent:) uh maybe I should take this diamond and have a look . It’s big chunk of money for little sparkle . Wish somebody will just gifted it to me so the decision would be easier . But when it’s your hard earned money ,you think 100 times before spending them on your little secret pleasure :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, seems like I was reading the images incorrectly, my mistake @Golden_bird! I think I'm just used to seeing ASETs that look different and/or the strange H&A stuff was throwing me off. Agree with @bmfang that the IS is excellent and not worrisome at all.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @sledge for great options ! It’s good thing and bad thing that I live In Houston ,so I have to pay tax :( plus I really wanted to reach those at least 7mm size to fit my current setting! You are such an amazing person to take your time and be so ditailed in explanation . You have a heart of gold :roll2: I am no way at the rush , it’s just a diamond . But I think it will be my final so called engament ring upgrade . I don’t think I will be comfortable to spend more money in the future for these toys :kiss2: only If I become rich and famous :razz:

Glad I could help you!

If you'd be willing to go J color....

WF ACA 1.374ct J VS2 @ $8,270
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3986352.htm

Love, love, love the proportions! 54.9 table, 61.9 depth, 34.6 crown, 40.7 pavilion & 76 LGF. Oh yeah....7.11 x 7.16mm. :love:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
With those numbers the paddles and the black arrow heads indicate the angles are probably on the low end of the rounding and averaging.
Which means there is a potential for obstruction issues.
ie. it could look overly dark up close.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
With those numbers the paddles and the black arrow heads indicate the angles are probably on the low end of the rounding and averaging.
Which means there is a potential for obstruction issues.
ie. it could look overly dark up close.
Thabk you for tour input ! Do you think I will be able to recognize it myself ? If I purchase the stone ? What’s the biggest issue ? Hight crown ? Or low pavilion ? I know that GIA rounds and doesn’t give exact number as AGS

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thabk you for tour input ! Do you think I will be able to recognize it myself ? If I purchase the stone ? What’s the biggest issue ? Hight crown ? Or low pavilion ? I know that GIA rounds and doesn’t give exact number as AGS
Shallow pavilion in this case.
These kinds of things are tricky depending on your eyesite you may never see it but once you do see it its hard to unsee.
Looking at it at 8 inches it might appear a little dark at the end of the arrows or it might not depending on lighting.(where the paddles are in ASET)
Its right on the edge of it being an issue taking all the images into account.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Shallow pavilion in this case.
These kinds of things are tricky depending on your eyesite you may never see it but once you do see it its hard to unsee.
Looking at it at 8 inches it might appear a little dark at the end of the arrows or it might not depending on lighting.(where the paddles are in ASET)
Its right on the edge of it being an issue taking all the images into account.
I see ! But the only possible issue is the little darkness , right ? The rest of images look promising?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see ! But the only possible issue is the little darkness , right ? The rest of images look promising?
Im going out on a limb and say probably the only issue.
The mains may stay dark overly long at longer distances but to me this one doesn't seem that far out.
Others will say im drawing a conclusion based on facts not in evidence.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Im going out on a limb and say probably the only issue.
The mains may stay dark overly long at longer distances but to me this one doesn't seem that far out.
Others will say im drawing a conclusion based on facts not in evidence.
Ok , I will take a risk and purchase the stone and see how I like it or not . Thank you for your input! Uh I am nervous, it’s a first such a big purchase

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok , I will take a risk and purchase the stone and see how I like it or not . Thank you for your input! Uh I am nervous, it’s a first such a big purchase
Just make sure that the Returns policies are available in writing and allow you 100% credit back in cash or Credit Card refund (NOT 'store credit') with no deductions (or only very small deductions for shipping, perhaps).

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just make sure that the Returns policies are available in writing and allow you 100% credit back in cash or Credit Card refund (NOT 'store credit') with no deductions (or only very small deductions for shipping, perhaps).
Yes thank you for heads up ! I am going to check before committing !

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to hear what you think of the stone!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to hear what you think of the stone!
I will def update you guys when recive the stone and what o think of it !!!:) it’s my first big purchase,so it’s exciting and scary at the same time ! Still contemplating if I really need 8000$ diamond or can live with my not that perfect 1.20 stone for the third of that price :roll2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results