shape
carat
color
clarity

GoldenBird moissanite

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m taking a chance and ordered a ring from them last week. I ordered a rose gold 2 carat OEC ring that he had on his website... I decided to do it in yellow gold instead of rose gold so I contacted him..no problem..Then I contacted him to ask if I could have bezel setting instead..sure no problem he says..I contacted him so many times it’s embarrassing..I wanted to make sure the yellow gold was shiny..He said okay..The last time I contacted him was to ask him to cut holes in the sides so it wasn’t just one block of gold..He had a little trouble understanding what I wanted but I tried to make myself clearer..When he understood what I wanted he said sure..This man has the patience of a saint because I was really annoying. I just got the cad today..I never thought I would get a cad from him for this ring but here it is..Considering the price and that it’s not expensive I’m impressed. I can’t wait to get it..
4FD686FB-1804-4329-A2B1-FFBEDDEDD3A0.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh very excited for you @Mamabean! Hope it's everything you want it to be fingers crossed!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh very excited for you @Mamabean! Hope it's everything you want it to be fingers crossed!
Thanks Missy! I think someone said it won’t have a puffy muffin top but it’s moissanite so I don’t really care about that. I wanted a travel ring and wanted it to be really different than my traditional ering..AND in yellow gold..and at least 2 carats so I don’t go through withdrawal from my ering when I take it on a trip..haha..I don’t have much in yellow gold..and I’ve been brought over to the other side with all the yummy yellow gold rings on here. I’m so silly..I can’t wait to get it..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His prices are really attractive and on another thread someone also mentioned how nice and patient he is.

Can't wait to see your new ring! What color Moissanite did you end up getting?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
His prices are really attractive and on another thread someone also mentioned how nice and patient he is.

Can't wait to see your new ring! What color Moissanite did you end up getting?
I got the white which is ghi..I think that color level would be more what I think an OEC would most likely have. It’s being made in a yellow gold setting so I think they will look better together..We’ll see! If I think it’s too warm I’ll get the colorless next time..I’m looking at some of his other rings too! At those prices I can play with different cuts! :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve asked if they can quote for earrings.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve asked if they can quote for earrings.
What kind are you looking to make? :geek2: The other seller that has great pieces is Diamondrensu. They’re also on Etsy..I just purchased a ring for my mom there and had it slightly modified. He has YouTube videos up. I’m looking at the asscher studs he has after seeing them on YouTube.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m looking for some OEC studs, can’t justify the real thing after getting Bella this year :P2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m looking for some OEC studs, can’t justify the real thing after getting Bella this year :P2
Me too! I bought too much this year..studs..kitchen...I get a restart at the New Year but not as much as I did this year for sure! I would definitely check out Diamondrensu for OEC studs. Look at the videos he has online..You can pick the metal, color, clarity..I ordered my mom’s ring from him but in round brilliant. I ordered the OEC for me from Goldenbird..I should get the GoldenBird OEC ring soon..I think it will be too modern but I designed it so my fault. I’ll take a close up of the OEC stone for you when I get it. It should be another week..I kept changing my mind..The guy from GoldenBird is a saint.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a notice that it shipped but he said he just marked it as shipped but then checked everything before packaging it and noticed he made it in rose gold instead of yellow gold. He apologized profusely and said he will go into the shop and remake it sending it to me express delivery no charge. I think I made him crazy with all my requests..I actually felt bad for him..:lol:
I went over the cad again and saw that the bezel increased the size to 10.25mm which is equal if it was all diamond to 4.16 carats! I think my diamond is 2.03 ctw and 8.11mm or around there so this will give better finger coverage! I’m so excited about this inexpensive ring..it’s crazy..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ll soon get used to the size, Bella is 10.38 x 10.53 :lol:

I looked at Diamondrensu, but TBH I don’t want to pay that much for a sim, I can still buy OEC Moissonite and settings for much less.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You’ll soon get used to the size, Bella is 10.38 x 10.53 :lol:

I looked at Diamondrensu, but TBH I don’t want to pay that much for a sim, I can still buy OEC Moissonite and settings for much less.
Bella is huge! She is so beautiful! I love the colors she throws off in sunlight! I always thought my 2.03 was as large as I would ever want
..but coming here and seeing all the huge rocks I would love to go bigger but it just wouldn’t fit in to my lifestyle..and my husband would certify me crazy as I just reset it..I do love my stone and ring so I’m really content with it..
I understand about the sims and cost..I have trouble with that myself. I can’t have everything I want in diamonds..but I don’t want to pay a huge amount for a sim either..That’s why I like these two sellers because they aren’t as expensive as others.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
4B9ECA6E-1530-4AEF-A858-6B5119632A09.png
8CB5A491-56B8-491F-98D4-8F345158894B.png
Update..My ring is ready to ship. He sent two photos. The stone looks cloudy but think it’s just dirty. I told him so when I confirmed it so hopefully he cleans it and takes another pic to send me. I’ll post the pic when I get it..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the faceting looks really pretty on that stone, it does look like it's just dirty and greasy from fingerprints so I bet it will clean up nicely. Can't wait to see another pic, it's a nice design too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the faceting looks really pretty on that stone, it does look like it's just dirty and greasy from fingerprints so I bet it will clean up nicely. Can't wait to see another pic, it's a nice design too.
Thanks! He originally made me one in rose gold by mistake. Those photos were glamour shots haha so it looked great in those. He had to remake this one so I think he was swamped. He should have cleaned it first. I can’t wait to get it and clean it in my Magnasonic! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was bugging me..The bezel looks wobbly but think it’s reflections..The cloudy stone bothered me..so I politely asked him to clean it and take another picture. I hope he didn’t ship it yet..He did ask to confirm it first but by the time I saw it in email it was late in India..I always hate to be a bother but it kept bothering me that he should have cleaned it before sending me the photo. Am I being picky?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
no you are not being picky. the stone looks bad. I have seen clearer quartz. He should clean it if it is dirty or replace it with a stone that doesnt look like white ice. I hope it is just really dirty and it cleans up ok!:eek2:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When the new photos come in check to see if the cut on the table looks ok and the facets are square. It doesn't seem well cut from how it looks here.
Maybe it is my screen but the facets don't seem to be perpendicular. Even if it is cleaned up, the cutting looks off to me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
no you are not being picky. the stone looks bad. He should clean it if it is dirty or replace it with a stone that doesnt look like white ice. I hope it is just really dirty and it cleans up ok!:eek2:
Thanks! He’s had some problems..one with making my ring in rose gold..i told him it was okay..and waited not so patiently for him to make me another one. I never said anything to him to tell him to hurry but I wanted it to be fixed sooner than it was. He’s selling the rose gold ring on his website for less money than I was charged. He puts it up as silver which is cheaper and then you pick the metal and the price goes up depending on which metal you choose. I picked 10k because I have no idea of the quality and didn’t want to spend more unless I saw it first. I forget how much difference it was but I think like forty dollars difference. He told me after the mistake that he was going to refund my shipping..That still doesn’t get me to the same price..i won’t say anything about that but will remind him to refund my shipping as he told me he would. If this ring is truly dirty..that says something to me about quality control..so I would go with another vendor next time..I stupidly said the ring looks pretty but it looks cloudy and it must be dirty. I should have said right there to please clean it and take another picture. I have to learn to speak up and it’s a fault of mine..My diamond never gets dirty or smudged like that..but maybe it’s the polishing compound..I have no idea..:roll

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When the new photos come in check to see if the cut on the table looks ok and the facets are square. It doesn't seem well cut from how it looks here.
Maybe it is my screen but the facets don't seem to be perpendicular. Even if it is cleaned up, the cutting looks off to me.
This is the rose gold one that he originally made which is clean..
37A14124-5A28-4365-9526-146A31C023D6.png

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
7B82425B-2344-4A0E-9D12-FAA45839DAF9.jpeg

I put a black dot on the corners that look odd to me and the facets dont look well centered (The v on the sides look like it isnt centered )

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you are being picky. If I was making a ring I would make sure it was looking its best before I sent a picture. So that to me is a bit unprofessional. However the original ring looks really great so don't lose hope!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
7B82425B-2344-4A0E-9D12-FAA45839DAF9.jpeg

I put a black dot on the corners that look odd to me and the facets dont look well centered (The v on the sides look like it isnt centered )
I’m embarrassed to say I don’t know anything about the facets, etc. I appreciate you looking at it when I get it because I won’t know what I’m looking at or for!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think you are being picky. If I was making a ring I would make sure it was looking its best before I sent a picture. So that to me is a bit unprofessional. However the original ring looks really great so don't lose hope!
Thanks! If it comes out like the other one I’ll be happy enough. It’s not expensive so I can be more forgiving. If it looks bad after he cleans it..I’ll tell him to ship the rose gold one! I hope he didn’t ship it yet!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the rose gold one looks 10000% better! How frustrating! I also hope it's just dirty, but it looks a little wonky to me in terms of cut and being centered in the setting.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the rose gold one looks 10000% better! How frustrating! I also hope it's just dirty, but it looks a little wonky to me in terms of cut and being centered in the setting.
I know..the rose gold one looks much better..I just don’t have anything to match with rose gold. I was so slow with the response and told him it was nice but looked dirty..I should have said please clean it so I can see it better. I’m hoping he didn’t ship it yet because if it looks wonky I can tell him that the cut is off and I would rather have the rose gold one. I have a feeling he shipped it. I’m really okay with it not being perfect for the money..but in real life things like this will gnaw at me..I’m just hoping the minimum is it’s clear and not cloudy with only a little bit of wonk..sigh..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

This +1. Also, the bezel doesn’t look “clean” around the stone, like the edge isn’t straight and smooth. Possibly just the reflection/lighting?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also hope he didn't ship it. I would want to see a clearer pic of it (cleaned) before approving having him send it. Can you follow up saying that you want to make sure he doesnt ship until he has your approval?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This +1. Also, the bezel doesn’t look “clean” around the stone, like the edge isn’t straight and smooth. Possibly just the reflection/lighting?
Yes..I said that earlier..It looks bent but I can’t imagine he would send me a bent one..It must be a reflection..gulp

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also hope he didn't ship it. I would want to see a clearer pic of it (cleaned) before approving having him send it. Can you follow up saying that you want to make sure he doesnt ship until he has your approval?
Good idea! I’m so bad..I never want to hurt anyone’s feelings! I’ll do that now. Fingers crossed he didn’t ship it based on my saying it looked nice but cloudy and must need a cleaning..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results