shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy used Whiteflash ACA?

thekwon

Rough_Rock
Can anyone recommend a site where used Whiteflash ACAs are sold? I was surprised to see so few on Ebay.

Thank you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would they be on eBay? They are premium diamonds.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can anyone recommend a site where used Whiteflash ACAs are sold? I was surprised to see so few on Ebay.

Thank you!

You will be very hard pressed trying to find a pre-owned ACA on eBay. Partly because those who upgrade their ACA’s are likely to trade up with Whiteflash themselves.

OP, you might be trying to find a very very very hard to find unicorn.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
So now that you know why they’re hard to find ...
I’m not sure of the best place, but you could put an ad for “want to buy” or have a look through the Pricescope forum “pre-loved” section.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People rarely sell ACAs, because they typically upgrade with whiteflash. You'll almost certainly need to buy directly from them.

thekwon

Rough_Rock
Strange. You would think you would still see some WF in the used markets. Wonder if it’s because they don’t know the brand when they resell so do not list them under Whiteflash.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strange. You would think you would still see some WF in the used markets. Wonder if it’s because they don’t know the brand when they resell so do not list them under Whiteflash.

No, it's that people rarely sell their ACAs due to the generous upgrade policy. And when they do re-sell them it's usually on places like PriceScope where there are others who want super-ideal diamonds.

thekwon

Rough_Rock
Where do they sell them on Pricescope. I just did a search for “Whiteflash” under preloved and got 0 hits.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where do they sell them on Pricescope. I just did a search for “Whiteflash” under preloved and got 0 hits.

Like I said--it's very rare that people sell them rather than using the upgrade policy. So there might not be any for sale right now because they sell very fast. Is there a reason you aren't willing to buy it on the whiteflash site? You could start smaller and then upgrade.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

I see what you mean but you can post a want to buy ad. Nothing to lose and you never know.

thekwon

Rough_Rock
I just find it remarkable. Zero available Whiteflash ACA RBC on eBay, PS, etc? There’s something extraordinary about that.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just find it remarkable. Zero available Whiteflash ACA RBC on eBay, PS, etc? There’s something extraordinary about that.

People who buy Whiteflash are probably more unlikely to want to sell their stones given they are exceptionally cut relative to the competition (that excludes other superideal vendors whose inventory is on par with Whiteflash).

The fact you are seeing a lot more pre-loved Tiffany diamonds on eBay vs Whiteflash ACA’s should tell you something.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People who buy Whiteflash are probably more unlikely to want to sell their stones given they are exceptionally cut relative to the competition (that excludes other superideal vendors whose inventory is on par with Whiteflash).

The fact you are seeing a lot more pre-loved Tiffany diamonds on eBay vs Whiteflash ACA’s should tell you something.

Exactly. No CBIs either I bet.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought ACAs preloved from another Proceecoper but they were a pair of matching .61 rounds and not a typical solitaire ring size. They had posted them in the Preloved section here.

As others have said, WF has a good upgrade policy so people who are selling are likely only doing so in order to get liquid cash. And I imagine for many an engagement ring is low on the list of things to sell, and those that buy super ideals may be of a SES that is less likely to find themselves needing to sell for cash. The times I do see super ideals like ACA and CBI listed they tend to be pairs for earrings or 3 stones or from a RHR etc.

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock

Hmm, I don’t find it extraordinary at all given the reasons stated by so many above :bigsmile: ACA owners who want to sell their ACA diamonds will upgrade with Whiteflash. They offer a lifetime trade up with no restrictions.

I guess there is also the less common scenario in which an ACA owner needs the cash, so they decide to re-sell on eBay at a loss. Unless they’re within a year of purchase, then Whiteflash offers a 70% buy back guarantee.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly. No CBIs either I bet.
One CBI on eBay; there were two up until a month ago. Both listed under Diamonds by Lauren so I don’t know if you can really consider that a true eBay listing :mrgreen2:

BG is the same way- one diamond band and one setting listed.

I regularly check eBay for those three vendors just in caseo_O

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
One CBI on eBay; there were two up until a month ago. Both listed under Diamonds by Lauren so I don’t know if you can really consider that a true eBay listing :mrgreen2:

BG is the same way- one diamond band and one setting listed.

I regularly check eBay for those three vendors just in caseo_O

Yup I remember those in the pink halo? Probably being sold by a merchant as New rather than preloved. Also HPD CBI has a lifetime 80% buyback policy if I’m not mistaken so if someone needed to sell for cash I’d wager they would go back to HPD. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a different business model than most of the big diamond vendors like BlueNile or James Allen. Whiteflash owns all their diamonds (big investment).
They have their stones cut for them. Vendors like BN and JA own some stones but call most of the stones in from NY or overseas. So you won't find
the quantity of ACA stones out there like you will for JA or BN.

Whiteflash is a family run business that puts out exceptionally cut stones. Like others have mentioned, they also have a generous upgrade policy.
Most people will either upgrade or possibly sell locally to PS where people understand and appreciate the ACA line.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most engagement rings are not upgraded, period. And has been stated numerous times, people who want a larger diamond upgrade their ACAs through Whiteflash. Other than occasional small pairs of earrings, I almost never see ACAs for sale second hand, and I have been here for almost 13 years.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup I remember those in the pink halo? Probably being sold by a merchant as New rather than preloved. Also HPD CBI has a lifetime 80% buyback policy if I’m not mistaken so if someone needed to sell for cash I’d wager they would go back to HPD. :)
Correct, that's why I said it wasn't a true eBay listing :)

Although they have a 80% buy back, one did make it to eBay a while back, I believe @Niel was the one that found it. Since traditionally the man purchases the engagement ring, an ex wife may not know about the buy back policy and go to eBay to unload.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also HPD CBI has a lifetime 80% buyback policy if I’m not mistaken so if someone needed to sell for cash I’d wager they would go back to HPD. :)
It is worth noting that HPD, VC, and WF (and potentially others) all offer the same upgrade policy (full price paid toward any stone of greater value). BGD has a decent upgrade policy as well, but it is more restrictive than the others, With regard to buyback, VC and WF both offer 70% buyback within the first year and HPD offers 80% buyback for life. For all of these reasons it is uncommon to see diamonds from any of these vendors being sold second hand unless they are mounted in an elaborate setting and the piece is being sold in its entirety.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There was just recently a VERY VERY lucky individual who posted recently about purchasing a diamond that had a CBI inscription from JamesAllen, how something like that found its way into their inventory is very strange but seems it could happen. Maybe checking through their hearts and arrow inventory, you might find a super ideal :pray:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually @KKJohnson, there was TWO people this recently happened to as I happened to be participating in both threads. I cannot recall the threads now but I found it extremely bizarre.

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually @KKJohnson, there was TWO people this recently happened to as I happened to be participating in both threads. I cannot recall the threads now but I found it extremely bizarre.
There were also two BG ones in James Allen inventory

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Not so extraordinary at all. The specs for superideal RB diamonds have been defined. There's a link called Sell Your Diamonds at the top of this forum, under Resources. If they don't trade in a superideal diamond on an upgrade, there is still the option of shopping it around the Pricescope diamond vendors to see what kind of offers it will bring. Also, diamond prices rose over the years, and for some lucky PS buyers, even today's wholesale price offers them a tidy profit on a superideal that they bought years ago.

If you want nice diamonds to meet a budget, then try I.D. Jewelry and B2C Jewels. They've found some awesome "value" diamonds for people who can possibly back away from the standard superideal criteria just a bit.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I’m curious how much of superideal is a “mind clean” thing, like having an IF clarity vs a VVS. I have a 2 stone bangle with 1 official ACA and 1 round from WF that was pre their ACA line but is AGS0 from WF that likely would have made the ACA cut but is not official. I can’t tell them apart.
I also put them next to my AGS 0 stones in my 5 stone that are not WF/BGD/HPD and I can’t really tell which has better performance with the naked eye. Maybe comparing idealscope images or ASETs, but I wear them on the same hand and there’s no eye visible difference to me in performance between the ACA and the other AGS0 rounds.

So Is there an eye visible difference between a branded super ideal and an AGS0 stone with HCA less than 1 and a 1A score on the DAVID atlas tool? My guess is for me, I can’t tell. But I think what you’re paying a slight premium for is the service, upgrade policies, not having to rifle through a bunch of virtual inventory stones to find a stone with the above stats, and having the mind clean reassurance that it’s the technical best that can be achieved.

Just my 2 cents.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results