carat
color
clarity

Third time’s the charm - DSS no more!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All...

Several here may recognize I’ve suffered from recurring bouts of DSS over time. I started with a .91ct cushion which I had in a blingy halo, then moved to a 1.22ct cushion in an even blingier halo. From there I switched to a 1.71ct round solitaire. That didn’t last too long and I moved over to a 2.31ct round. I loved that stone - still do, but DSS can be an unruly temptress.

I found a 2.88ct I/VS2 on JA that called me like a siren. The only issue was, it was well outside of the recommended PS proportions. I figured it couldn’t hurt to request an idealscope image, but didn’t have high expectations that it would be remotely decent. To my surprise, it didn’t look horrible at all. You can read about my evaluation with the help of some fabulous PSers in this RT thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/decent-idealscope-image.244164/

After all the encouraging input from PSers here, I decided to go for it. I’m soooo happy I did - I love her so much! :kiss2: DSS is now a thing of the past. I’ve had my new ring now for a couple weeks and finally had a chance to gather some pics to share. =)2

Some shots before she went back to JA for setting

A3862629-AA3E-42B0-BCCA-7598DFD9FF5A.jpeg 2E7B0EF9-D9AC-4A25-8390-70781828C01F.jpeg

And... here she is, finally set in JAs Modern Tulip in rose gold!

061EDC0A-E328-4D10-AA30-1DC0B4996F33.jpeg 203DDF32-34EB-4422-A309-11DEDC47A5E6.jpeg 44D8BEBB-585C-4A8D-BCF2-CAE850206EA2.jpeg 95ED0945-0A18-47EA-97E7-855ABE90BD61.jpeg EB38BA17-E7A9-4872-86E0-F28B2326A9A2.jpeg D0E2AE21-2DE3-4BCE-B6B2-273DFEE0EDD5.jpeg 48584058-6DA3-4CAD-9745-B2A2E18D534E.jpeg

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some additional outdoor shots and a video...

F7CAC157-A214-436C-905E-C2456F364104.jpeg FF166105-B604-4E53-A0CD-3ADEFF814917.jpeg 5FCC1592-BBAC-41D8-AD89-42D88AE5E6FE.jpeg AC12D66B-F7F2-4AC2-9B07-7DA877492553.jpeg

By the pool with the help of my curious onlooker =)2

BCE72259-A9C6-4BF8-8C4A-A0B92E2CD319.jpeg B5B63D10-5D68-4FAE-9B41-55B612735A12.jpeg

The lighting was just right when I parked for this one

8175E986-0A02-46A3-93C1-4D40DA1306DB.jpeg

Finally with my new French cut band and stack! :kiss2:

F6B502F3-B5D0-4526-884B-12F5BE08F9ED.jpeg 13C9E62E-7B24-4D14-8C82-811E67931AD9.jpeg 053E858A-AC2C-4DE9-A719-595F529F9F70.jpeg

Thanks for letting me share!

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That new diamond is beautiful, and I think the whole stack is gorgeous! I especially love the rose gold setting and the french cut band and the CVB band with it!:love:

I think your DSS days may be over!!!!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
That's so pretty!!! <3<3<3

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Lovely set and fabulous new stone. The set is classic and elegant. Wear in health.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, she’s gorgeous! What did you do with all your other stones?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh fantastic!! I love the size and the setting too. It makes the most gorgeous stack :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! You’ve absolutely nailed it this time! The diamond, the rose gold, the French cut & the CVB are all just the most perfect combination! And they look perfect on your hand, like they were just meant to be ❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just beautiful :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE! :love: Elegant ring. Love the proportions. It's perfect. :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does indeed look beautiful and pairs well with different bands. Glad you took that chance - you hit paydirt!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSS is no more?

I give it six months... ;)) :lol:

It looks lovely, though! :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSS is no more?

Haha seriously! When I first got my 1ct I thought it was huge, then I got my 5 stone and was thrilled, recently got a 2.2 ct marquise which is already looking quite modest and is slated to be reset, and I recently started stalking a 2.3 round.

Maybe I should make the jump to 2.8-3 though because this new ring is Divine!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! I love the rose gold tulip setting, the french cut band and the cvb band. It looks perfect!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! All you rings look beautiful paired with it! Congrats!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You all are the best! When I think back through the changes I’ve made, I’m sure it would make most folks absolutely cross-eyed. lol So it’s great to have a fantastic group here that understands and gets it.

I realized I should’ve clarified my title was referring to MRB changes only - obviously there have been more overall. :oops2:

The progression maybe subtle, but I’m thrilled with where I’ve landed.

97806452-B2AE-4502-8F7C-D27997D21EBE.jpeg

That new diamond is beautiful, and I think the whole stack is gorgeous! I especially love the rose gold setting and the french cut band and the CVB band with it!:love:

I think your DSS days may be over!!!!

I agree! This is turning out to be a perfect size and feels so comfortable. I love the Sophia and it’s easily my go-to band. On a side note, I chatted with Caysie earlier this week and my new OEC halo is on-track to arrive by Christmas too! :appl:

That's so pretty!!! <3<3<3

Thanks so much! I feel so blessed to have her.

Absolutely stunning.

Thank you! I love the simplicity of it and it goes so well with just about every band I pair her with.

Congratulations! Lovely set and fabulous new stone. The set is classic and elegant. Wear in health.

It means a lot coming from you - I absolutely adore your VC ring and have often vacillated between whether to go OEC or stay with the MRB. Maybe... one day :whistle:

Wow, she’s gorgeous! What did you do with all your other stones?

Thanks! So, my .91ct cushion was traded for the 1.22ct cushion. I actually ended up selling the 1.22ct when I found the perfect 1.05ct that was a much better cut/quality. All of the rounds were from James Allen, so they were traded in when I upgraded.

Oh fantastic!! I love the size and the setting too. It makes the most gorgeous stack :appl:

Thank you! I told my DH that this is finally my Goldilocks stone... it’s just right!

Wow! You’ve absolutely nailed it this time! The diamond, the rose gold, the French cut & the CVB are all just the most perfect combination! And they look perfect on your hand, like they were just meant to be ❤️

Appreciate your kind compliments! I’ll admit I haven’t really gotten the hang of stacking - it always felt like it looked too thick on my hands. I think the thinner bands and color contrast helps so much. I love it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm so happy you're thrilled with her - she's a keeper for sure!!! :love::love::love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, just beautiful :love:

Thank you! I was so happy to read when you got Bella - she’s stunning on you. :love:

LOVE! :love: Elegant ring. Love the proportions. It's perfect. :love:

Means so much to hear this from Bubbalah’s mom, thank you! Yours is TDF and an absolute dream ring. :kiss2:

It does indeed look beautiful and pairs well with different bands. Glad you took that chance - you hit paydirt!

I am too! Thanks so much. I truly feel like I hit the jackpot in finding this stone.

DSS is no more?

Hahahaha..... wait, have you been chatting with my DH?! :lol-2: In any case, I’ll just agree never to say never and plead the fifth!! :whistle:

Haha seriously! When I first got my 1ct I thought it was huge, then I got my 5 stone and was thrilled, recently got a 2.2 ct marquise which is already looking quite modest and is slated to be reset, and I recently started stalking a 2.3 round.

Maybe I should make the jump to 2.8-3 though because this new ring is Divine!!!

DO IT! Oops... I’m being an enabler, aren’t I? ;-)

It looks beautiful! I love the rose gold tulip setting, the french cut band and the cvb band. It looks perfect!

Thank you! I love the JA setting, but have to admit, I sometimes wonder how it would have looked with a white gold/plat head, two-tone setting. I may ask DK to do a mock-up with a two-tone version and see if I take the plunge.

I love it! All you rings look beautiful paired with it! Congrats!

Thanks so much - I’ve been playing with different combinations of bands and keep coming back to the French cut and Sophia band. It’s my absolute favorite. :kiss2:

Last edited:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm so happy you're thrilled with her - she's a keeper for sure!!! :love::love::love:

She definitely is a keeper! You’re the one I’m especially thankful for in helping me with this upgrade. I drove myself a bit nutty in second guessing and wondering if I made the right decision or not. I so appreciate your feedback and am really happy I went for it. =)2

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Stonewall , really a dream come true for me.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond! Enjoy it !!!!:appl::appl:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on finding this gorgeous stone! I love the setting, too... so timeless and classy! I am so glad you love it, and it looks perfect on your hand! Enjoy every minute of wearing this new treasure!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @stonewell - you've done it again!

An absolutely STUNNING stone and a glorious ring! I adore my 3 stone, but I have to say - I will always lust after a perfect solitaire like yours.

2 questions - do you prefer the whiter profile? And - what did you have to say to JA to get that gorgeous prong work? Or were the prongs tweaked later by somebody else?

I love this ring, and I totally take back my previous "don't ever replace that perfect stone!!" comments.

But I swear - I am nailing THIS one to your finger!! :mrgreen: Gorgeous, girl!

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh, that looks SO PRETTY on your hand. I love your taste so much. :love: :love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond! Enjoy it !!!!:appl::appl:

Thank you! I have to share, normally I dread going to Costco to grocery shop (especially for Thanksgiving), but I didn’t mind it at all today! Best ring lighting ever. :lol:

Congratulations on finding this gorgeous stone! I love the setting, too... so timeless and classy! I am so glad you love it, and it looks perfect on your hand! Enjoy every minute of wearing this new treasure!!

Thanks so much! I am grateful to have found it and count my blessings that I get to wear this everyday. It definitely is a treasure to me. :kiss2:

Congratulations, @stonewell - you've done it again!

An absolutely STUNNING stone and a glorious ring! I adore my 3 stone, but I have to say - I will always lust after a perfect solitaire like yours.

2 questions - do you prefer the whiter profile? And - what did you have to say to JA to get that gorgeous prong work? Or were the prongs tweaked later by somebody else?

I love this ring, and I totally take back my previous "don't ever replace that perfect stone!!" comments.

But I swear - I am nailing THIS one to your finger!! :mrgreen: Gorgeous, girl!

You’re so kind, @mrs-b, thank you! I think I’ve continued to change my soli because something always felt amiss. This stone finally hits all of the check boxes - perfect size, right balance of color, and a super tall crown making it an absolute fireball. :kiss2:

To answer your questions... I am enjoying this color very much. Although, while it is too tinted for some, it’s the whitest I think I’d ever go. I still prefer stones on the warmer end of the color range.

As for the prongs, it was purely luck of the draw, imho. I love the prongs in my first, M solitaire, but wasn’t too thrilled with the ones on the K stone. I always ask for “very slender, claw prongs” and crossed my fingers while it’s in production. On this occasion, I did find one of their recently set rings with perfect prongs and sent that to the CS manager that was handling my upgrade. Perhaps that visual helped? In any event, I’m glad these turned out so well - I was fully prepared to have DK rework them if necessary!

And while you made me chuckle, I know you’ll let me have it if I ever let this one go. So trust me, this stone is here to stay... I promise! :angel:

Oh my gosh, that looks SO PRETTY on your hand. I love your taste so much. :love: :love:

Thanks so much! I can’t say I had a particular taste or style in jewelry pre-PS, but being here and seeing everyone’s fabulous pieces has certainly influenced and shaped it heavily. So, PS gets all the blame... err, I mean credit! :D

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
that is an absolutely gorgeous stone!! and to echo others, looks huge on your hand :kiss2: i hope you enjoy her for many years to come and if not, i am sure there are plenty here who would happily take her off your hands :lol::whistle::love:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, that is one heck of a gorgeous ring. Stunning bands also. Just overall beautiful. :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy that is one beautiful stone.. BIG.. I love the setting it's really beautiful.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a gorgeous ring! The diamond looks perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results