carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to change the subject away from all these wonderful buys. =)2

Earlier in the thread I seem to remember there was some discussion about how GIA couldn't always determine the origin of the color in lavender jade. A vendor just sent me a copy of the Mason-Kay Cert they recently ordered for a lavender jade bead necklace. The cert determines the necklace to be 'A' Jade, but goes on to say "Color authenticity of lavender jadeite cannot be confirmed gemoligically. It is the opinion of Mason-Kay that the herein tested lavender jadeite item is of natural color based on our examination and evaluation."
ZMason-Kay Lavender Jade Cert (2).png
I think MK just invented a new word :eek2: but it does appear GIA is not alone in being unable to test for color in lavender jade.

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
How can it be A grade and still the colour authenticity cannot be determined? Like 10 years later it fades...and then? Would the grade then change? :eek2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some A non treated lavender jade is known to fade. My jewellers have a few strands like that in their under cabinet they bought as a lot. Stashed away since no space to display. When brought out they are alr faded. These were stored away from light too.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gang do you know how much an inclusion (streak) would bring down the price of jade?

Big jewellery store in chinatown opened a shop near Pit St Mall. Had a ring at the window, listed at around forty something thousand (they will do the classic discount and reduce the price to around $20Kif you ask).

Anyways it was a big cab, fresher green than mine but not very translucent or watery. Also had grey streaks running down the cab. I had no idea how that thing would be priced as it really didn't look very good but I wanted to know if the size and the green would make up for the greyish streaks.

Or did they take a cheap piece of jade and try to con people?

Anyways I was feeling soooooo indebted to you guys as I perused their jade!!!!!!!!!!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Some A non treated lavender jade is known to fade. My jewellers have a few strands like that in their under cabinet they bought as a lot. Stashed away since no space to display. When brought out they are alr faded. These were stored away from light too.

Not very good of lavender jade, to be so transient. Like Kunzite. And I do love Kunzite for its lavender shades.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not very good of lavender jade, to be so transient. Like Kunzite. And I do love Kunzite for its lavender shades.
I think this must be very rare. I’ve never had any fading with any of my lavender jade pieces after many years, not have I heard of this happening before. But as we know, jade is colored by mineral solutions which stain the colorless jadeite. There are likely rare mineral solutions which have seeped into rare pieces.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If they haven't changed over the years then they are stable. I tried googling for info when I was told and couldn't find anything online. Lack of sufficient data points and specimens?

I'd like to know what minerals exactly though.

The blues and greys don't, so I'm guessing it has to be the pink colorants that do that since they would result in lavender rather than blue grey jade.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they haven't changed over the years then they are stable. I tried googling for info when I was told and couldn't find anything online. Lack of sufficient data points and specimens?

I'd like to know what minerals exactly though.

The blues and greys don't, so I'm guessing it has to be the pink colorants that do that since they would result in lavender rather than blue grey jade.
The pink lavenders which I have haven’t faded either. I think it must be a specimen type of situation. I imagine that Lavender jade would not be so prized if it faded. Kunzite, Maxixe beryl and other stones which fade are not common choices for larger markets. It’s doubtful in my mind, that investors would want to invest millions in stones which potentially fade. this also points to relative rarity. It is an interesting story about your jewelers beads. We’re they surprised by this occurrance?

Last edited:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Two interesting videos about jadeite!

First is assessing fine quality pieces. The meaning of the carvings such as leaves, bamboo, pea pods, etc. are also explained. :)

Second is jadeite carving in China. You’d see how the seamless links are made and how they take out or hide cracks. :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two interesting videos about jadeite!

First is assessing fine quality pieces. The meaning of the carvings such as leaves, bamboo, pea pods, etc. are also explained. :)

Second is jadeite carving in China. You’d see how the seamless links are made and how they take out or hide cracks. :)

Lol, I posted these exact videos some time ago! They are great!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol, I posted these exact videos some time ago! They are great!

On the ruyi pendant, the diamonds are so intricately done at the back! Shows how imperial jade is revered in China.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I have three lavender bangles. I will go to the safe and take them out. They have been with me for around 5 years.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Bluegemz Lavender jade wasn't always this prized. Locally, they used to chuck them away and in the local Burma market, still very little lavender preference. So it's overseas demand.

I'm guessing they keep the boulders to monitor before selling them on. My jewellers have jade mine concessions too since the past few decades (if they are dependent on their retail for their livelihood, I wouldn't be able to get my deals ;)). Might be a locality thing as well and perhaps more of that gets around the local market than overseas.

Anyway, just sharing.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK your chrysoprase ring is goals.

I really really really want to set mine but couldn't find a premade setting for it. And white gold really doesn't do it justice.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@Bluegemz Lavender jade wasn't always this prized. Locally, they used to chuck them away and in the local Burma market, still very little lavender preference. So it's overseas demand.

I'm guessing they keep the boulders to monitor before selling them on. My jewellers have jade mine concessions too since the past few decades (if they are dependent on their retail for their livelihood, I wouldn't be able to get my deals ;)). Might be a locality thing as well and perhaps more of that gets around the local market than overseas.

Anyway, just sharing.

@Burmesedaze so lavender jade is a lot cheaper where you are now?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see, that makes sense why sell for a lower price.

It's really really scarce. My necklaces are a lucky find because my jeweller's cousin likes colours and old stock hence they were willing to sell cheaper.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
FB lady just has new lace ones. Very very beautiful. I had to buy them. She had two of this pair. So I bought the other one. Oh, I am on a ban now. This was my reasoning for buying a second pair: since they are so delicate, I need a back up pair, just in case the first one, god forbid, breaks.

Ruyi White jadeite.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It's really really scarce. My necklaces are a lucky find because my jeweller's cousin likes colours and old stock hence they were willing to sell cheaper.

Lucky find indeed they are beautiful.

FB lady just has new lace ones. Very very beautiful. I had to buy them. She had two of this pair. So I bought the other one. Oh, I am on a ban now. This was my reasoning for buying a second pair: since they are so delicate, I need a back up pair, just in case the first one, god forbid, breaks.

Ruyi White jadeite.jpg

I love your two choices, I’m also partial to big dangly earrings, and green.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha @ChaiK I just whined about how badly I want the earrings you bought in the other thread!

They are gorgeous.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the fullness and translucency. Awesome buy!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd suggest putting rubber stoppers on the hooks, as I'm sure the jade weighs a bit. That'd keep them more secure on the ears.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
8D2A1651-C55D-4C51-B3BD-FAA575125E69.jpeg
Yokdee posted this lavender bangle on Instagram. It’s not in her shop yet, so must be by enquiry only. It’s much more vivid than the one she has displayed in her store, but less translucent.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the FB name of the woman with those lovely lace earrings? I need to covet them and try and stop myself from buying them :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the FB name of the woman with those lovely lace earrings? I need to covet them and try and stop myself from buying them :)

Look up

Myanmar jadeite jade pendant wholesale

On Facebook. Her name is Jasmine

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
8D2A1651-C55D-4C51-B3BD-FAA575125E69.jpeg
Yokdee posted this lavender bangle on Instagram. It’s not in her shop yet, so must be by enquiry only. It’s much more vivid than the one she has displayed in her store, but less translucent.

Yoked always has nice pictures. Ask for lots of pictures if you are interested. Irl, it may not look like that.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Yoked always has nice pictures. Ask for lots of pictures if you are interested. Irl, it may not look like that.

Haha, no, this one is probably out of my budget. If I’m keen, I will go down to her shop to see in person, that’s always better.

Has anyone bought from Jadeite Galleria on Etsy? They are based in Singapore also but have never heard anyone mention them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results