shape
carat
color
clarity

2018 Holiday wish list?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest; I think both DH and I have already bought our own Christmas gifts through the next 30 years, but that doesn't seem to stop us. :lol:

I even swore in July if we can replace all the windows in our house it could be my Christmas present. So I am honestly trying to stick to small gifts and stocking stuffers this year. There isn't honestly anything I need but of course I always want more jewelry.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone who mentioned the heated throw blanket. I bought one for my daughter!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone who mentioned the heated throw blanket. I bought one for my daughter!
Yay! Hope she loves it. I’ve used mine almost everyday and it’s so soft and comfy! I have poor circulation so sometimes can’t get my feet warm even under thick throws but this does the trick.

I also have a small heating pad that I put under my sheets in my bed where my feet aren’t. I turn it on at night and have it auto shut off in 2 hours. Magic.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest; I think both DH and I have already bought our own Christmas gifts through the next 30 years, but that doesn't seem to stop us. :lol:

I even swore in July if we can replace all the windows in our house it could be my Christmas present. So I am honestly trying to stick to small gifts and stocking stuffers this year. There isn't honestly anything I need but of course I always want more jewelry.

I know right? There’s always the next shiny project! I’ve been feeling the DSS lately...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know if WF/CBI/BG tend to have holiday sales?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH just requested a DNA test kit as a holiday present. After the last visit from his family, he's thinking he might've been switched in the hospital:lol-2:.
crackup.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve been after a BIG aquamarine ring for years. Always much to much $$$$ for me.
I stumbled across a suitable candidate on eBay and got lucky.
Mind you it could be blue topaz or glass even - we’ll see soon enough.
DH wants a new mulcher so he can overprune the hedges - yet again.
DD wanted a new Bass Clarinet case - carbon fiber please.
Maybe I should be getting myself one of those DNA tests, make sure I brought the right baby girl home - I mean WHO doesn’t want sparkles!
:lol:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love x-mas shopping and wrapping and giving -- OH MY! I'm deep into it this year (actually I buy gifts all year... and I may even be a few years ahead on some people... :cheeky:). There are a few things I'm excited to give, buts especially this:

My best traveling girlfriend and I were in Italy two weeks weeks ago and she fell in love with some ceramic fish candle holders in Positano. We had no way to get them home, but I sleuthed down the place and got TR to send them a message on FB (I'm not on there) and they replied around midnight last night! So fingers crossed we actually get this done. She'll be SO surprised!

I am lusting over some blue depression glass goblets that I found versions of both on etsy and ebay. I cannot bring myself to buy depression glass over the internet like this because there's just something about the thrill of finding it in the wild for me, but I love these so much I sent the links to my dad. (Because somehow it's OK for someone else to buy it online, but not me... ???) Now let's be clear: My dad thinks the internet is EVIL and "they" watch everything you do on it, but maybe his wife can help him out with this gift since I expressed extreme WANT, which is rare for me. We will see...

And to myself, I have a little something off being set right now. I think (hope!) I'm early enough in the queue that the elves can get it done and back to me with plenty of time to spare so I can admire it by the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree.
D, that is so sweet of you. She is going to be thrilled! Praying it works. :appl:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't really want or need anything, material wise anyway. The things I want, money can't buy.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We decided not to do gifts for adults this year except stocking stuffers, so I bought myself some Airpods lol!

The kids are being spoiled as usual

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't really want or need anything, material wise anyway. The things I want, money can't buy.
Well I hope you get them!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've wanted a comfy upholstered rocking chair for years. The ones I like best are those made for nurseries but I haven't found quite the perfect one yet. And I want a new smile. When I was 30 (sorry for the boring story), two of my canine teeth became loose and the dentist informed me they were baby teeth. The adult teeth were completely missing on each side so I had to get 2 bridges. They are ugly so I decided to get some shiny new state-of-the-art chompers, get all my teeth whitened and maybe get veneers depending on what the dentist advises.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've wanted a comfy upholstered rocking chair for years. The ones I like best are those made for nurseries but I haven't found quite the perfect one yet. And I want a new smile. When I was 30 (sorry for the boring story), two of my canine teeth became loose and the dentist informed me they were baby teeth. The adult teeth were completely missing on each side so I had to get 2 bridges. They are ugly so I decided to get some shiny new state-of-the-art chompers, get all my teeth whitened and maybe get veneers depending on what the dentist advises.

Matata, I had THREE sets of canines; one baby and then two adult sets. They came in one on top (or more accurately, in front) of the other and the first set had to be pulled. The ones that remained were never in line with my other teeth and it's always annoyed me. Visually they actually look fine, but I can feel them with my tongue. (TMI!) I learned much later this is really pretty common. I'd gladly have given you my extras!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw these at a Christmas outdoor market and couldn’t resist. Hand painted Pooh themed wooden nesting dolls. Pooh himself is quite small. Maybe 4 inches tall, like the size of a restaurant salt shaker. Piglet at the end is about the size of my pinky nail.

They had a larger sized set that had many more of the characters but this small one appealed to me more.
F1889BF0-F7E8-4812-A913-0512B79465A4.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d like a Cartier tank watch, small, leather band in stainless steel, but given all the expensive things I got for my birthday this year, I’m not expecting it. I’m expecting to not get it, which is fine.

They aren’t going anywhere

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debating hard. Evan Hansen tickets first my kids? Almost $400 a piece. But they would Love It and the other option is to go to NYC which would be just a little more than seeing it here.
DH? No idea. More Luggage? Me? Can’t. Got bling projects that may finish by year end or not. I already bought myself plenty of stuff.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw these at a Christmas outdoor market and couldn’t resist. Hand painted Pooh themed wooden nesting dolls. Pooh himself is quite small. Maybe 4 inches tall, like the size of a restaurant salt shaker. Piglet at the end is about the size of my pinky nail.

They had a larger sized set that had many more of the characters but this small one appealed to me more.
F1889BF0-F7E8-4812-A913-0512B79465A4.jpeg
They are adorable!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DA5C5B82-5D48-4E42-9FD7-653B8259C34F.jpeg Guess who got an early Christmas present?
DH.
Photo of now overpruned hedge done while I was out..... “why are you so cross, it will grow back!”
Memo to self “lock garden shed prior to leaving house to prevent unsupervised garden havoc”!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
DA5C5B82-5D48-4E42-9FD7-653B8259C34F.jpeg Guess who got an early Christmas present?
DH.
Photo of now overpruned hedge done while I was out..... “why are you so cross, it will grow back!”
Memo to self “lock garden shed prior to leaving house to prevent unsupervised garden havoc”!
Hahaha! My landscaper did that to my hydrangeas on old wood. It took them three years to flower but they are HUGE now!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Cartier tank...

Of the watches everyone has heard of, this is the one I'd wear. Does everyone have one already?

I keep seeing watches I like - old-ish fringe stuff www I would be affraid to over-use. None on the 'to buy' list. I have lost the habit.

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the watches everyone has heard of, this is the one I'd wear. Does everyone have one already?

I keep seeing watches I like - old-ish fringe stuff www I would be affraid to over-use. None on the 'to buy' list. I have lost the habit.

I have an omega and I think many here also own Rolex’s. I’m a watch nerd so I like the Swiss watch houses. Thankfully I don’t collect automatic Swiss watches the way I do rings, that would get very expensive very quickly.

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd be leary of auto off. We have a heating pad that has auto off and it usually works... Usually. DH and I have both had bad blisters after we fell asleep and the auto off failed.
Oh no! She’s 93 so her skin is sooo fragile now. I am leary of electric anything left plugged in like that. I was thinking of giving her the throw and then taking it away at night..but she’s fiesty so realized I’d have a tug of war...haha..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d like a Cartier tank watch, small, leather band in stainless steel, but given all the expensive things I got for my birthday this year, I’m not expecting it. I’m expecting to not get it, which is fine.

They aren’t going anywhere

Many PSers have the Cartier Tank. It is a classic oldie but goody. I don't wear any of my watches anymore but I hope that is just temporary (albeit a long stretch as it has been over 4 and half years now that I have worn any watch). I agree that if one wants a classic beautiful watch Cartier tank is a good place to start.

Here are my two favorite watches that I used to wear lots.

cartierandrolexonwrist.jpg.png

@whitewave you are so right. They are not going anywhere so when you want one I know you will have no problem getting one. They are a classic here to stay.

And here are some old watches from my grandma, mom and MIL. The one on the right is 18K. Yellow, white and pink gold. When we used to attend fancy affairs I would wear one of these.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 8.54.45 AM.png

But like you @AV_ I have lost the habit of wearing watches. Hopefully it is only a temporary loss of desire as I would love enjoying wearing them again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results