shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you PS! For guiding me in the right direction ---> CBI!!!

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

It has been about 8 months since my (now fiancee) had asked me to pick out the engagement ring I wanted. I'm so happy that he did so because I can be way too nit-picky about small details and I'd rather get exactly what I want than be 100% surprised.

I had always loved ovals and wore a small oval halo ring as my RHR. Naturally I initially decided on a 2 carat oval with a diamond basket and pave shank. I searched for the perfect oval for MONTHS. You can even check my post history which are all about ovals and asking for opinions on videos etc. However, even though I loved the shape, I couldn't get over that nearly all ovals had a bowtie and the crushed ice/mush look around the belly. I like precision and looked at Opulence Ovals as well. Unfortunately, size is important to me and those face up smaller than regular cut ovals. One day I will have a honker of an Opulence Oval on my finger... :kiss2:

Anyway, because I couldn't decide on an oval after looking through literally hundreds of stones, my mom suggested why not go for the more traditional round, a shape that is timeless. After ignoring her suggestion for a few weeks, I finally broke down and looked at some RB on PS. That led down the rabbit hole of super ideals and I spent a few more weeks looking at all the beautiful diamonds on PS as well as past recommendations to other posters.. I fell in love with @cflutist Symphonie ring and knew that I wanted a CBI. I just want to say after reading all those posts, that you prosumers are so amazing and generous with your time helping those find the perfect diamond for them regardless or budget and size and preference.

So I contacted Wink and Melissa, who extremely sweet and knowledgeable about their craft. Once they factored in my preferences and budget, they held multiple diamonds for me to look at and compare in videos. I love hearing @Wink descriptions in the videos. He is always so excited as if seeing these gorgeous diamonds for the first time. Melissa sent new pictures and videos with my diamonds of interest so I could truly make and informed decision. And I chose my 2.41 J VVS1.

If you think the story is over, it is not quite yet... Now it was on to design the ring as I wanted a custom floral head and pave sides. Melissa was extremely patient with me as I scrutinized EVERYTHING. On top of that she was respectful of my budget and gave me the lowest price possible. We went through 3 CAD renderings because of my craziness, but she was so so patient throughout the process. To give you and idea of my minor insanity, I drew my own pictures to get my points better across.

CAD VCC2350.jpg

upload_2018-11-14_11-3-42.jpeg

Finally, she told me not to worry, that her artisans will take all of my requests into account and to create my ring. And for 2 more months, I waited... (to be proposed to haha!)

Attachments

• Scan 1.jpeg
    Scan 1.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 40
  • upload_2018-11-14_11-3-30.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_11-3-30.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 20

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
Last week on a trip to London and Paris, it finally happened!!!

While on a bridge overlooking the Eiffel Tower (yes I love cheesyyyyyy photo ops) he got down on one knee and forgot everything he wanted to say because he was so nervous. He started stuttering and I felt bad so I smiled and told him you can just ask me the question! He had hired a photographer to document the proposal and to take engagement photos too!

Well, I know what we are all waiting for... and I have 100's of pics on my phone because I can't stop staring at it, so this will be a bit pic heavy, I apologize.

Here she is! 2.41 J VVS1 HPD CBI!! She is more beautiful and perfect than I could have imagined. Thank you PS for guiding me to CBI/HPD and to @Wink and @Winks_Elf for making my dream ring come true!!!

upload_2018-11-14_11-11-17.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-11-28.png

upload_2018-11-14_11-11-47.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-12-6.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-12-14.jpeg
Shining her best as a disco ball at Walmart of all places lol

upload_2018-11-14_11-14-1.jpeg
He is waiting so long for me to take my 100's of photos.

I'll post more detailed photos next.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is STUNNING! Congrats on the proposal!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and gorgeous ring! Can’t wait to see more pictures. Wear it in good health.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!! Congratulations on such a beautiful proposal and ring!! :love::appl:

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
Here are some glamour shots by HPD and some super close up pics.

upload_2018-11-14_11-16-1.jpeg
You can see the arrows!!!

upload_2018-11-14_11-16-40.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-16-48.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-31-46.png
They nailed the floral/petal head without too much scalloping on the face-up view.

upload_2018-11-14_11-32-26.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-32-34.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-32-41.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-32-52.jpeg

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
I cannot express how grateful I am to this community. If I had gotten an oval I know I wouldn't be blown away by the light performance as I am with the CBI.

Also Melissa and Wink as well as the HPD team were just perfect. I cannot recommend them enough. They were patient and answered every single one of my questions with texts, photos and videos. The experience was seamless. They even held the ring for us until the week before we left for Paris just in case I wasn't satisfied and we would still be within the return/refund dates!!! They were unbelievable and I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful future hubby, beautiful ring and amazing relationship with HPD. I already am planning my next piece of jewelry with them XD

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
;))Congrats, beautiful ring!. :love: Wink and the gang over at HPD are the best!

btw; what are the specs of your stone? This thread belongs in the SMTB forum.;))

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
Stunningly beautiful! so pretty on your hand

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I'm on cloud 9! :kiss2:

And sorry I put it in the wrong forum. Can I request it be moved?

Stone stats: https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD7597

MEASUREMENTS 8.62 - 8.65 x 5.29 mm
TABLE SIZE 56.1%
TOTAL DEPTH 61.3%
PAVILION ANGLE 40.8°
CROWN ANGLE 34.2°
POLISH GRADE Ideal
SYMMETRY GRADE Ideal

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week on a trip to London and Paris, it finally happened!!!

While on a bridge overlooking the Eiffel Tower (yes I love cheesyyyyyy photo ops) he got down on one knee and forgot everything he wanted to say because he was so nervous. He started stuttering and I felt bad so I smiled and told him you can just ask me the question! He had hired a photographer to document the proposal and to take engagement photos too!

Well, I know what we are all waiting for... and I have 100's of pics on my phone because I can't stop staring at it, so this will be a bit pic heavy, I apologize.

Here she is! 2.41 J VVS1 HPD CBI!! She is more beautiful and perfect than I could have imagined. Thank you PS for guiding me to CBI/HPD and to @Wink and @Winks_Elf for making my dream ring come true!!!

upload_2018-11-14_11-11-17.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-11-28.png

upload_2018-11-14_11-11-47.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-12-6.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_11-12-14.jpeg
Shining her best as a disco ball at Walmart of all places lol

upload_2018-11-14_11-14-1.jpeg
He is waiting so long for me to take my 100's of photos.

I'll post more detailed photos next.

Congratulations! You're far from the only one who gave your jeweler drawings btw and we're not insane, I swear =) Adding this to the "dahlia & friends" thread where there are a lot of floral basket beauties. Lovely ring. :appl::appl::appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is spectacular!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Simply Divine, congratulations on your engagement....

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Love your ring!! Beautiful stone and gorgeous yummy rose gold setting!! I'm a sucker for petal-type baskets and yours is perfect, love how it creates the flowery outline from the top view. Enjoy!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous and wall mart has the best lighting!!!!

The pic I love the most is the one where you are holding it up with the tower in the background.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! You have a beautiful ring and a lovely fiancé for making sure you were totally happy

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG she's breathtaking!!!! What a gorgeous outcome, and the stone is perfect in that setting. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome :)

I hope you enjoyed Europe!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. Congratulations.

Blinglove8

Rough_Rock
Omg your ring is GORGEOUS! And I can’t believe the stone is a J?! It looks so white! I’m seriously considering CBI for my upgrade now

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chanieish, Congratulations on your engagement! What a spectacular proposal location. It is truly romantic, thank you for sharing so many lovely photos. Your diamond and your setting are superb. You nailed all of the design details, the elegant tapering and graceful lines are superb. I’m so happy for you.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, you made an exquisite choice and your ring is SPECTACULAR!! You couldn't possibly do any better. I hope you enjoy your ring in good health forever.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love, love love your ring! Gorgeous diamond, gorgeous setting and gorgeous on your hand. Congratulations on your engagement. :clap: Very happy for you!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning!!!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Such beautiful ring!! Congrat!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
!!!!!!!

:eek2:

Wow! What a stunning ring!

I thoroughly enjoyed the read! I'm really glad I stumbled across this after you did all the posts, you left some cliff hangers in there! :lol:

How enjoyable, in fact after I've posted this I'm going to go read it again.

Congratulations! What a wonderful story. I am also in the process of designing a ring, please don't worry, I did PowerPoint presentations for mine... :oops2::oops2::oops2:... :doh:

Glorious. Stunning metal colour too, HPD finish their rings to such a high standard it's so impressive. Your diamond looks amazing.

Video? :whistle:

Congratulations again!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What an incredible ring! Each of these CBI posts pushes me more and more toward wanting one... and I'm not even an MRB fan!

The HPD artisans did an excellent job crafting the ring and the prongs to your (not crazy!) specifications. Such a wonderful team for a wonderful ring :)

And congrats on the engagement!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chanieish your ring looks absolutely stunning!:love: You created such a beautiful setting design for the diamond. Congratulations on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results