carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cooking madness...borscht, cabbage rolls, kale salad, stuffed organic chicken...I know there is something missing in my mention. My hand hurt cutting the veggies/beets for the borscht! eyieyyiy

Thank you mother nature for the reprieve you've provided. We are enjoying the weather we are accustomed to...I'll forgive you this once! :P2

I am very glad you made your cycling goals Missy. :appl: Love your photos!

Hello to all and sundry. I hit the shops today instead of cycling (warm but a cool wind) cuz my DH's cold lingers....besides a peruse at Tiffany I did buy Tylenol cold and flu . PSA--cover your mouth and for goodness sakes, WASH YOUR HANDS people!!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello my lovelies

I’m in a rush, but I just HAD to post this. Popped up in my FB feed, so I took a look, it’s a company in Hatton Garden (diamond district). Lots of old cuts, lots of BIG prices, but look at this setting.

D97C366A-7E33-46F4-A75D-DC20C3E9539A.jpeg

Genuine from the era, 1920, the similarities to Bella’s :shock:

See you later, off out to see the latest Johnny English film :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Monday. What a whirlwind the weekend always is...fast and furious and bam it's Monday. Wish we had 48 hours in a day sometimes.
tea_cup.gif
glasses_hand2.gif

@marcy oh no to adding more numbers in the lottery contests. We bought another ticket for the Tuesday drawing though I don't know why as generally we don't even get one of those numbers lol. Though lately I have been curiously lucky at certain things and I wonder if I should go get a ticket myself instead of sending Greg to get one...hmmm...:think: Thanks for the photo compliments. I cannot believe Greg was so wiling to let me try the kissing selfie. One shot and it came out OK. We have had lots of practice :P2 and it was a team effort. Literally because I held the phone with one left hand and he snapped the shot with his right hand. :kiss: Good luck with your quick piks Marcy..fingers crossed. And woohoo to Ted for winning the $20. That's a lot of money for a teddy bear...what is he going to do with the cash? Is he going to Disney world (I prefer Disney Land better weather)?:bigsmile: Love strawberries with pineapple. Sweet:lickout:
Hope you have a good Monday.

@Austina yes I would be happy to...it's fun training with a friend and we would have just as many laughs as we would sweating tears I promise. Laughing is good exercise for the soul and also actually a good workout for the core believe it or not. Laughing while Laboring....not bad I will keep thinking about a good name for our workouts.8) Glad you enjoyed a fun weekend and sometimes the best laid plans...and you cannot go wrong with a lovely time with good friends and good food. Yumm to French beans, broccoli, corn and potatoes.:lickout: Never had or used a selfie stick..I have very long arms so no selfie stick needed.:sun: OMG yes that is similar to Bella's setting. And of course I love it. Enjoy the film.

@canuk-gal so pleased for you that the weather is cooperating and behaving. I hope your dh is feeling much better this morning poor dear. And I second your wish that people would cover their mouths when coughing and sneezing and wash their hands!! I get ill when I see people using the restroom and not washing their hands. Appalling. And wow. The single most important thing one can do to prevent getting sick is washing their hands. But I know I am preaching to the choir. Glad you enjoyed perusing Tiffany's this weekend and your kale salad and cabbage rolls sound delicious.:lickout: Hope your hand has recovered from all that cutting of veggies and such. Thanks for your encouragement and lovely comments Sharon. Hope you have a wonderful Monday. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek hope your Monday is off to a good start and you are feeling refreshed after a good weekend. Thinking of you. XO.

@Tekate you had a fun weekend and gosh love all the bling. Thank you for sharing and enjoy a lovely day. (((Hugs))).

We had an errand running day yesterday but were successful and got everything we needed and wanted. Like Greg says it is as if we are feeding a small army and it is just the 2 of us. And lots of feral cats. Going through over 40 lbs of cat food a week and not sure the food in the feral feeder can last the full week before Greg can get back here. Fingers crossed it can. And after the errands I soaked in a nice hour long tub with Eucalyptus, lavender and cedar and epsom and dead sea salts. It was heavenly.
1105581rng472obve.gif
I have about 20 different dead sea salt combos I got from Whole Foods and I am trying them all. Delicious. I will miss the baths back in Brooklyn where we are heading today...I probably won't be back here for a few weeks due to social engagements but Greg will be back to fill the feeders. Thank goodness he is so good natured and loves all the kitties.

Leaving you with our sunrise today. Beautiful. It looks fake but it's real! Nothing beats an autumn sky.

sunriseinoctober.jpg.png

and in the afternoon when we got back from running errands. Super windy though can't tell from a still photo. The seas were stormy.

stormyskyandseas.jpg.png

Enjoy a lovely Monday girls!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I have to admit that that raccoon does look pretty cute! Love your cycling pics and congrats on reaching 3500 miles, that's very impressive! Such pretty shots of the sky too. Hope you're settling back into city life and staying warm!

Jimmianne, I'll keep you posted as to how well we can block out my neighbor's ugly yard. I hope your jetlag is subsiding by now!

Austina, yes, I've been thinking about signing up for classes, going to look into that. We have a treadmill so I've been hopping on that now that the weather has turned chilly. I love dogs but just don't have the desire to get one right now - although dh says he wants to get one when he retires lol. So much for a quiet weekend! Your dinner sounds delicious and it's nice you got to spend time with friends. Love that setting! :love:

PierreBear, I'm so sorry the leak is stressing you out! I hope the race went well for you this weekend and you had a great time. I'm sure your bread is going to turn out wonderfully, you really seem to know what you're doing in the kitchen. Ugh to your neighbor's car sitting there for a year, I'd be tempted to call NPR too. I'll keep you posted about our patio - since there's nothing out there right now, anything will be an improvement ha!

Tekate, how fun you were able to go to mrs-b's GTG! I've been reading the threads about it and it sounds like it was a blast.

Marcy, lol to ACA collars for your bears! It's mind-blowing how high the amount is right now. It's mind-boggling to me that the head of the NSC would ruin his and his company's reputation by doing such a stupid thing. Why not just live with the negative reviews and take steps to improve customer compaints? SMH. Lol to the fight over the 20 and I'm glad Ted won! Your Sunday dinner sounds yummy and always nice to have leftovers.

Sharon, wow, you really did cook up a storm and everything sounds yummy! A trip to Tiffany's sounds so fun, anything peak your interest?

Had a very nice time at my friend's house, another friend joined us and we had a good time chatting and relaxing. The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. Dh, ds and I tried a new restaurant and it was just ok, probably won't be going back.

Not much going on today - I do have a few new recipes that I want to try so I guess cooking is on the schedule - have a great Monday everyone!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! good afternoon.

Hope everyone is aok!

@canuk-gal I have never had borscht, is it hard to make? do they put a dab of sour cream in it? is it a soup? I know I can look this all up too so don't worry to answer. :) and Sharon, yes cover our mouths, I'm the ancient one here and I've had all my shots but I have a tendency to pneumonia as I smoked for 20 years and I wheeze.. and little ones can get sick too so none of us wants to get sick! so as you said cover your mouth and don't go out if you have a cold. I have read flu is supposed worse than last year! I hope not.

@missy what beautiful pictures all.. you look so happy it's just awesome.. Are you going back to the city for the winter soon? more pix of your ring please!

@marcy well, I bought a 3 tickets for the last drawing, 9bucks! but I won 4 dollars ha! that's it for me. I'm lucky in life but not lucky in lottery numbers. Anytime anyone mentions mashed potatoes I am soo there :) hope you enjoyed your dinner.

@Austina I need to work on my waistline too btw! and the picture similar to Bella is beautiful, that is my favorite solitaire setting!

@Jimmianne how are you faring? hope you are getting more on schedule, I've never spent months in another time zone like you have done.. is it any different to get accustomed to your current time zone (which I think is same as mine EST?).. how's your weather.

@Sandeek got a new doc added to my bunch, my shoulder has arthritis and other stuff and it's really been hurting! so I go to the sports doc this friday for a steroid shot and set up PT.. how are you feeling? good I hope!!! thinking of you.

I took some pix of my rings I wore to MrsB's get together but they stink, but I will try again before I put this stuff back in the bank, too much stuff on my fingers (not that it's worth a lot but one ring is wide)..

David Klaas ? (Klass?) was a lovely man, I bought a ring that he is making larger and he will send it back to me.. it is a stacking ring, did I take a pix of it? naw.. but it's common enough when I get my grandmother's engagement ring made larger I will wear the two together. Everyone was very very nice at Mrs B's.. I didn't realize it was TWO HOURS down to her place, I thought it was 90minutes... but it was great to meet Jon and Vicky too, Jon LOVES his oval shaped diamond.. I almost bought a moissanite because I REALLY want a 1.5carat diamond for a pendant, but Jon said something very interesting, he thinks he will begin to sell man made diamonds.. I thought I can wait for an AVR, he said the vendor was going to be creating 1.5 - 2.5 carat diamonds... just where I am looking so I will wait a bit, I would never tell people it was a natural diamond.. but it is mainly the bling I am looking for in the pendant..

Traffic in Boston sucks. !!!

@junebug17 I'm going to be blocking my neighbors backyard too.. I like them, it's their country music and loud noises I don't like. Let us know what you are cooking, besides jewelry, food is my favorite thing!

kate the GrEAt

everyone have a great week!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again

The film was really funny, actually better than the first two. The cinema was crowded, it’s a half term break here so lots of kids and family there today.

You must’ve had an absolute blast at the GTG @Tekate , total bling heaven, I’d have love to have seen all the sparklies. Can’t wait to see your new band, when do you think you’ll have it? I’ve driven into Boston, and the traffic was awful.

Don’t forget your friends @marcy, when you hit the jackpot :mrgreen2: We’ll form an orderly queue ;)2

Glad you enjoyed spending time with your friends this weekend @junebug17 What a shame the restaurant was just ok. Ooo, do tell what recipes you’re thinking of trying ;)2

Hope your DH is on the mend @canuk-gal . Pet peeve of mine is seeing people cough and splutter without covering their mouth :eek2: Gross:sick: were you tempted by anything at Tiffs?

Love the scenery @missy, you’re going to miss that view. :lol: I’m up for Bling Bootcamp, does trying on jewellery and admiring it, count as exercise :whistle: ?

A nice long soak sounds perfect, we’ve reinstated our Monday night saunas now the weather’s getting cooler. When we bought this house, we thought we’d never use it, and now we love it :lol:

Greg is so good going back and forth to see to the kitties, are the raccoons still raiding the shelter?

I couldn’t believe that setting, it’s almost identical, right down to the notches on the shoulders. They had lots of lovely things, but the prices :shock:

Is it this week Francesca has her appt? Dottie sends a big kiss to her and hopes it all goes well.

How’re you @Sandeek, hope you’re doing well?

Off for a sauna soon :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Sharon, your cooking marathon sounds delicious. I hope your hand feels okay today.

Austina, fabulous ring. Are you considering that mounting for Bella? Glad the movie was funny. I won’t forget my friends when I hit the jackpot. Wouldn’t it be nice

Missy, good luck with your ticket tomorrow. I tried to get Marty to buy our tickets; he seems to be luckier than me. Ted usually had to give up his money to the rabbits for protection money. Your selfie shot turned out perfect. Mine always look funny because of short arms. I hope the 40 pounds of cat food lasts the week. Fun to try different scents for your long, luxurious baths. They sound relaxing. Beautiful sunrise!

Junebug, I agree it is pretty nuts to do something so stupid and illegal over a few negative reviews. He sure didn’t impress me. I am glad you had fun with your friends and had a quiet weekend. Darn the new restaurant wasn’t that good. How did your new recipes turn out? What did you make?

Kate, woo hoo for winning $4.00. Our state lottery has rewarded me with $10 and $5 recently. Not as much as I paid but hey it is better than nothing. I love mashed potatoes but I sure made a mess on my stove. That’s okay though because I hadn’t cleaned up Marty’s breakfast debris yet. I miss my flat top stove. The GTG and bling sounds fantastic. Marty was in Boston once and also said traffic in Boston was awful. I am anxious to see your new band.

Work was long and unproductive today. They migrated us to another network and of course than never goes smoothly. I lot a ton of little notes I had in sticky notes. 18 years of wisdom and reminders lost forever. Oh any my long list of assorted passwords. We’ll see how well my memory works now. My laptop didn’t get finished so I left it at work.

We had nice weather today. It was near 60 and not too windy. It was like I was transported somewhere else.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Happy Tuesday reporting from Brooklyn NY heading into the city for a super early David appointment this morning. Lovely weather here today. Crisp and cool.

@junebug17 so lovely that you enjoyed a wonderful visit with your friend and another friend this weekend. And glad you got to enjoy dinner out with your dh and ds though the food wasn't amazing. It's nice to just go out with loved ones and break up routine. Haha I am like your dh in that I want a dog (when Greg retires) but Greg isn't excited about adding another fur baby to our menagerie at this time. We will see.
Did you get to cook yesterday? What did you make and how did it turn out? I love cooking and baking smells in the house. Yummm. Hope the rest of your week goes smoothly Junie and safe travels this weekend.

@Tekate ooh how exciting. Cannot wait to see the ring David Klass sold you. In 2016 I contacted him when I was first thinking of buying Bubbalah (and had a potential wonderful buyer for Bea/Bella then too) to see if he could recreate Bea/Bella's setting and he was going to do it for such a reasonable cost in platinum. I decided not to pursue buying Bubbalah at that time so never worked with him but he does wonderful work and so reasonably priced too. Cannot wait to see what you have in the works with him. No photos? Awww. Love the photos you took at the Boston GTG and yes traffic isn't amazing in Boston. Or most cities I find. Glad you had such a lovely time and got to meet PSers and see lots of bling. :appl: And yes winning $4 is better than not winning any dollars.:sun:

We hope to still be going back to the beach house at least through the winter holidays. Not every weekend but at least occasionally and maybe even through winter. We spend 2 weeks there during the Christmas/Hanukkah holidays. We love being there and love the beach all year round. Winter is nice because there aren't a lot of summer people clogging up roads and the beaches and it is peaceful and serene. And love the ocean so much all year long.

@Austina glad the film was good. But not sure I would like the crowds. When we attended the movies more often we would always go during the less popular times if possible. Early Friday afternoon or midweek if possible. I find people can be sort of inconsiderate at the movies and act like it's their living room and chat and make noise during the film. Yes I am one of those get off my lawn you kids people. :lol: Sticky theater floors, chatting people and phone lights going off etc make it all less appealing to me these days. I love watching films in the quiet and privacy of our own home. What can I say.
1899429ix0yflafza.gif

@marcy maybe I will remember and buy a ticket on my way back from David's this morning. And yes winning something is better than nothing right? Speaking of which I won something else but will share it when it arrives. I seem to be on a winning streak lately.:appl: Bummer that work was unproductive and long yesterday and yes to sticky notes and reminders. I am always forgetting passwords and having to reset. How can anyone remember all the passwords? I don't even try to anymore. If it isn't immediately obvious I reset. LOL. Actually takes less time for me that way and it is more secure right as I am always changing passwords.8) LOL yes 60s and not windy must seem like you were somewhere else besides Wyoming. Haha I feel your pain though today is going to be lovely weather here I fear it is the last nice day for a while. Getting colder and rain predicted all weekend. I have plans the rest of this week and weekend and cannot head back to the beach for cycling anyway but was hoping for nice weather for my friend's visit. Aww well we will have fun anyway.

@Sandeek, how are you doing? Thinking of you and hoping life is treating you well and that you are enjoying a good Autumn. Days are getting shorter. My mom is loves the shorter days (unlike me) as she says it gives her an excuse to get into bed early. LOL I don't need such an excuse. I have been known to head to bed while it was still light out. Of course now that it is getting dark before dinner there will be no heading to bed for me while it is still light out. Anyway just wanted to say hey and let you know we are all thinking of you and hoping you are feeling well. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal how is your dh feeling today Sharon? Hope he is back to feeling good and that your week is going well. Also thinking about your sister and mom and hoping all is well with them.

Our trip back was uneventful yesterday afternoon and it was nice and smooth and easy. And my new to me ring was waiting for me there. Love living in a doorman building. It's sweet to have them hold onto packages until we arrive home to collect them. This ring was the ring I was supposed to get last Wednesday. What happened was it was never scanned at its point of origin but luckily ended up where it was supposed to go albeit a few days late. It's just a true vintage skinny little french cut band that fits with Bubbalah so while it doesn't pack a blingy punch it adds a sweet touch IMO and I can wear it with my other bands on cool days where my fingers shrink and I need extra rings to keep Bubbalah safe and I can also wear it on its own on warmer days since it is a bit larger than my ring size so it works out well. I did not take pics yesterday as I ran out of time but will share the vendor pics with you so you have some eye candy to enjoy from me this morning.

frenchcutbandperspective.jpg.png

frenchcutbandprofile.jpg.png

frenchcutband.jpeg.png

Have a wonderful Tuesday girls! (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance:Glad your ring turned up @missy, it looks sweet, you must be relieved it’s finally arrived. Normally when we go to the cinema on a Monday, there’s about 6 of us, it was busy yesterday because of the school holiday. It’s a new cinema, so is always really clean.

I’d never reset Bella @marcy - you can’t improve on perfection :D I was just struck at how similar the other setting was, in fact almost identical. We told Adam to get a lottery ticket today. Good luck.

Went to Pilates this morning, then we needed to go to Costco, ended up with a new Oral B toothbrush and a zip up sports top. I’ve been looking for one for ages, the one I got is for a 13 year old :lol:

Spoke to Adam yesterday, Kim was in an accident that wrecked her car, but fortunately, she was ok, went to hospital to get checked out, luckily just some cuts, poor thing. She’d just finished paying for her car too. The other driver jumped the red light :x2

34540565-92B8-4C81-AD44-29FBE62AF959.jpeg 295A24B7-FD19-43AB-8BC0-2314BE9E2E2B.jpeg 0C05DAA0-E67F-4049-9D77-B01B60C75E1E.jpeg

Hope all the NIRDIs are doing well.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh @Austina just popped on to see what was going on here and I am so sorry about Kim's auto accident. Thank goodness she is OK and that is all that matters. That no one was injured besides the car. Please tell her we are sending good thoughts and hugs her way and relieved that she is safe and sound. In an instant everything can change and material goods mean nothing absolutely nothing. (((HUGS))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, it’s a miracle she wasn’t badly injured. Fortunately the airbag deployed and saved her getting hurt. She was shaken up, of course, but we’re relieved she’s ok. xxx

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Hello! how are you? you sound wonderful. Kids are on winter break in the UK? or is it just a normal break? I had a good time Austina at MrsB's. Lovely lady, from Australia, and David Klass's assistant, Amy brought her parents along and they are British, I didn't know that David Klass was South African.. we had a bit of good accents going at this soiree! some Asian (India and Chinese).. I would love to go to another one! My son and my best friend say Austin is drying out a bit, we rented a VRBO from mid April to mid May to be around for the grand-daughter's arrival! it's in Hudson Bend, on some really rich person's property, it's a guest house, if you are in Atown during that period we shoud get together and I can see Bella! if not another time..

@missy sounds like you have a full fall and winter at your beach home! I like Maine a lot better when the tourists have gone home for the season. But it's beautiful anytime! and the Jersey shore is always vibrant... the new band is beautiful Missy! we need a picture with Bubbalah. Can't wait to see what you have won! it's so exciting.. I don't know when my ring will get here - I should email them..

I had a vitreous detachment a month ago - I had one 3 years ago in my right eye, so I went to the eye doctor today for FUP and all is well, but she dialated just my left eye and feels weird but I know by the time I go to bed it will be back to normal. They worry about a retinal detachment now.. My eyes have been a source of annoyance. I had/have narrow angle glaucoma which was lasered and all is well but I have to have my eyes checked every year to ensure the holes have not closed. I am so far sighted I can't see anything near (also I have presbyopia as does most oldsters) and as the years went by my distance vision became less and less... but of course, I am still cool!

I hope everyone had a great day.. getting my hair done thursday and on Friday it's off to the sports medicine doc, I have osteoarthritis, impingement, this will be the third year that I have to go in, I usually get a steroid shot in the shoulder and in a few weeks this alleviates some of the pain, but it's advised to not keep getting the shots as it's bad for you. We are leaving in December for our trip and I will have to carry luggage etc and I need all the help I can get. My should has gotten worse I know, the pain has been worse and now it makes weird sounds and I can't lift up as well. Just fallin' apart I am.. arthritis is a bane.

But I am lucky.. I am here and happy!

happy Tuesday (late I know).. but hope everyone has good weather too!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina omg! I am so sorry for your DIL's accident.. looks like it was on US 1 near 290.. that is scary I am soo soooo glad she's okay.. a car we can always replace. Sending you a hug and your DIL too and good dust to your son.. so sorry for this.. it's scary.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Tekate As long as you continue getting your retinas checked regularly and if you experience any symptoms like flashes or big increase in frequency or number of floaters you will be OK. PVD is very common (I have one in each eye too) and yes increased chance of RD but just get checked regularly and if any changes get checked sooner and you will be OK. Anything doing with the eyes is scary and I want to reassure you that it really is not an uncommon issue and caught early it is treatable.

we need a picture with Bubbalah.

And your wish is my command.:cheeky: Suisse cut with French cut. Both are so thin it is hard to appreciate the different cuts without examining it up close but I like the subtle bling next to Bubbalah. Not overpowering at all. Here you go hot off the presses as of a minute ago just waiting for my dh to come home from work any minute now:
Haha Tommy sort of photobombed me there.:lol:

bubbalahwith2bands.jpg

Good luck with your doctor appointments and the steroid shot in your shoulder for your arthritis if you get it. Hope it does the trick!
Speaking of doctor appointments I never miss an opportunity for a photo op. Here she is from this AM waiting for David in his office. I wore her just with the suisse cut band this AM. Even awful office lighting cannot take away from her loveliness IMO but of course I am biased.:P2

bubbalahatnyu.jpeg

Have a lovely evening!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful urban sunset last night from our kitchen/dining room window.

sunsetbrooklyn.jpg.png

Have a lovely day girls!:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi nirdis!

@missy, lol to just resetting a password! I do the same thing...I cannot for the life of me remember passwords these days. Dh stores them in his computer, same as marcy...I will have to ask him how he does it, he must need a password to do it lol! Yay to your band showing up, I love it! Looks so pretty with your other rings. Bubbalah looks fabulous :love: Gorgeous sunset too.

@Tekate, sorry to hear about your shoulder! I hope the shot and the PT help it. It's concerning to have eye issues and it's great you had a good eye exam and everything is ok. Looking forward to seeing your new stacking ring. Would love to see pics of your bling!!! Ugh to noisy neighbors, that's really frustrating and extemely inconsiderate of them.

@Austina, I am so sorry about Kim's accident, how scary and traumatic for her :cry2: I'm so glad she wasn't hurt and I hope she is feeling ok, it is so stressful to be in an accident. Sending her hugs and comforting thoughts. Good to hear you enjoyed the movie. A sauna on a chilly night sounds delightful.

@marcy, oh no to losing info at work! That's a shame and I hope you can reconstruct your passwords. 60 degrees, what a treat! I hope it continues for a while.

I think I built up the recipes to be bigger than they are lol! Nothing fancy, just recipes to jazz up salmon and shrimp using different spices...they turned out ok, something a bit different. Idk, I'm never that impressed with my cooking haha.

Dh and I are heading to SC this weekend, a friend of his and his wife are staying with us for a few days. This will be a short trip, leaving Thursday and home on Monday.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! <3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks for all the good wishes, Kim is feeling sore but otherwise ok, thank goodness. Now the hassle of dealing with the insurance and getting another car sorted out.

Are you off to collect your winnings @junebug17 :D? It’ll be fun having friends for the weekend, hopefully the weather will be kind to you.

I hope everything went well at the Drs yesterday @missy , it’s just impossible to take a bad picture of Bubbalah :love: Wow, that sunrise is really spectacular, what a view.

Oh @Tekate You poor thing, you’ve really been in the wars. I hope the steroid injection works it’s magic and your shoulder eases up. Where are you off to on Friday? I would love to meet up when you’re in Austin. Of course, next year we won’t be there in April/May time as Adam & Kim are going to Japan. Normally we would be over then, but will be going end of June instead. Hopefully once the baby arrives, you’ll be there more often and we can get together.

Sorry you didn’t win @marcy, hopefully next time, I’ll be up for a visit to WF so I can ‘advise’ on any bling purchases you make :P2

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs, hope you’re all doing well :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Did the ½ IM race in New Orleans this past weekend and it turned out much better than expected. Very high winds where they almost canceled the swim but the bike was tough. For you other cyclists out there, with a tail wind I was easily going 20 to 26 mph… and then you take a turn and it’s down to 12 to 14 mph. haha lots of mind games. But for the minimal amount of training and not feeling physically/mentally my best, I had one of the better experiences and the highlights was cheering other people on the course. If I'm feeling good enough by the time I'm finishing my run to cheer for other people, I'm in a good place. Anyhow, another highlight was trying my first Doberge cake.. which is about 6 layers of cake, icing, cake, icing, cake, icing etc…. we picked a fall flavor that was sweet potatoes and cinnamon. Delicious! Also tried teaching Grandma how to use Facebook…. I think in general touch screens are confusing. Hope she continues to give it a try though. Hope ya’ll are doing well and have a great rest of the week.
Capture.PNG
@Austina – OMG sorry to hear about Kim’s accident… oh goodness…. That is quite a wreck. I got goose bumps just looking at the photos…. Hope she is ok… physically and feeling ok mentally.

@junebug17 – Hope the SC trip is going well. Yum to salmon and shrimp. I’m a seafood fan!

@missy – Ohh love your skinny ring! Where did you find that bad boy again? If it was in gold, I think I would have to borrow it. hahaha just kidding.

Oh thought of you when I read that you were going through 40 lbs of cat food a week. My cat knocked over his autofeeder this weekend when we were out of town and just ate and ate… until he gave himself diarrhea… but he kept on eating and eating. Oyyy… he’s a chubby guy but still cute.

@Tekate – I bet your hair is looking greate. Good luck with the sports medicine doctor and may the steroid shot help you! Traveling always wears me out, too but hopefully a kind soul will help you carry and lift your luggage.

Oh neat that you got together with Mrs. B. Must have been fun to see other people.

@marcy – Bummer that you lost your sticky notes, reminders, and passwords…. Oh goodness, to start over from scratch but I bet you have a lot saved in your noggin!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI’s!

Missy, I see you might have a winter storm moving your way soon. Oh no! I can totally see why you love the ocean; it’s one of my favorite things. i am totally with you on preferring to watch movies at home. Our chairs are more comfortable, I hope my floors aren’t sticky and my popcorn is better. Plus the movies are free. You are on a winning streak; definitely pick up lotto tickets. i’ll be anxious to see your new treasure. Love the french cut band; it’s perfect too wear with Bubbalah and in a stack. I hope your appointment with David went well. Great pictures of Bubbalah and your bands plus a gorgeous sunset photo.

Austina, I am so sorry about Kim’s accident. I am relieved to hear she wasn’t hurt; that is lucky since her car was certainly smashed up. Definitely Bella is already in the perfect setting and it sure does look similar. Did Adam win any $$ on his lotto ticket? Ours were a complete bust. i’d gladly come up with a list of things to check out at WF. I am still contemplating a different band for my ACA too.

Kate, it sounds like the GTG was an international event. Sweet. That is awesome you’ll be around for the grand-daughter’s arrival. Nice. i am very anxious for your ring to arrive. I am already plotting my next purchase. So many things I want; so little cash to get them. Sorry to hear about your eyes and vision problems; I am right there with you. And of course you are COOL!!! I hope you love your new hairdo and good luck with your shot. I have arthritis in my knees, fingers and thumb joint. It isn’t fun.

Junebug, Marty and I use an app called ewallet to store passwords. Too funny as you said - it’s passworded. I don’t keep my work passwords in there but I think I might start. So far I’ve remembered all of my work passwords; I try to set them all at the same time and use the same password. It often doesn’t work out though since assorted things make you change them at different times. We are going to be warm through Monday here anyway. I’ll take it. Spicing up your salmon and shrimp is always a good idea. Have a great time in SC.

PierrreBear, Congratulations on finishing the half marathon. That is awesome. Darn that it was windy. Your cake looks delicious. I would have guessed pumpkin since it’s about the same color. Does your grandma like to read? The Kindle app was what got my mom more experienced with using the iPad we gave my parents. She was going through about a book a day. Oh no that your cat ate so much he got diarrhea; poor kitty. My brain is full of all sorts of useless things so hopefully I will eventually be able to retrieve those things i had in my lost sticky notes.

I did finally get my work laptop up and running yesterday afternoon so sadly I can work from home if necessary. Of course that is way better than needing to drive in to work at the last minute. Today I had to delete and reinstall printers at work but so far everything is working.

Marty didn’t sleep well last night. He is getting a sore throat and sour stomach. Poor guy.

I went to lunch with a friend from work today. It was awesome to get out of work for awhile. I am meeting another friend tomorrow so that will be a nice break and then it’s almost Friday.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Here is yesterday’s sunrise and the Killer Rabbit who is collecting money from my bears for protection money. Marty says the rabbit is saving up to buy him a Christmas present.
IMG_6398 2.JPG
IMG_3059.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 you're so modest and I know your cooking skills are impressive. Fun jazzing up recipes and I am sure everyone is enjoying the food. Hope your trip to SC is wonderful and glad you will be missing our stormy weekend here. I wish the weather would cooperate more especially because of our weekend plans with friends but we will still have fun. We will just get wet that's all. Safe travels and enjoy!

@Austina sorry about the mess but so relieved Kim is OK and just sore. It could have been so much worse. People here drive crazy and every time I step into a cab I think am I crazy myself for trusting a driver I don't even know. You really never think it will happen to you. But having been in one major car accident myself when I was in my early 20s I know better. My car was demolished too and it was traumatic but like Kim I just was sore and bruised but completely fine in every other way. This was before air bags. I actually worry about air bags because for people under a certain weight they can do more harm than good and I asked Greg a while ago about disabling my air bag but we aren't sure if it is the right move. Sending Kim healing hugs and good wishes.

@PierreBear congrats on finishing the half marathon despite the conditions and for cheering others on the way. Nice going and what a feeling of accomplishment. And good for you teaching your grandmother how to use FB etc. It's a great way to keep your loved ones in the loop. And yes having a tail wind is so sweet. We love a good strong tail wind. And we always try to plan our route where the head wind is going and the tail wind is saved for the trip back because let's face it after 40/50 miles on the bike no one wants a head wind of 25 mph on the route back.::) That cake looks scrumptious and glad you enjoyed it. I got the french cut band on IG. Love IG. Are you on IG? My 12 almost 13 year old niece just joined IG and I love her intro. She wrote please don't follow me unless you know me IRL. Adorable.:kiss:

@marcy rats none of us won the big bucks. If I had won I was going to share it will all of the loyal kind wonderful NIRDIs. I had visions of what I was going to buy each one of you. But maybe there will be a next time...I don't play except once every couple of years but maybe I will change that up a bit. I am not really a gambler at all and the odds are overwhelmingly against us but someone eventually wins right? Why not one of us?:whistle: LOL that killer rabbit is quite the entrepreneur and he seems to be collecting a lot of protection money from the teddy bears. They love their dear Marcy and are willing to spend what it takes to keep you safe. Sweet. Suddenly I have a taste for rabbit stew...:P2 JUST KIDDING!!!!:lol:

Lovely sunrise. The colors and the clouds and the sky always relax me just as does the Ocean and the sounds of the waves crashing. Beauty is all around us every day but sometimes we miss it and I am making a conscious effort to see it all and appreciate all the wonderful people and things around us. Including you lovely ladies.

@Tekate how did your hair turn out? I am sure it looks beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your new bling. Please don't keep us in suspense. How are you feeling this week? How is your shoulder? Please let us know what the doctor says. Hoping your appointment goes well. Our weather has turned much colder now. I am debating can I still pull off my lighter jacket for the sake of looking good or should I succumb and pull out one of my heavier winter coats. LOL decisions decisions. Hope you are having a good week.

@Sandeek how are you feeling this week? How is work going? You are getting closer to the surgery I think. Want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope everything is going according to schedule. Sending you hugs and healing vibes and good thoughts.

@canuk-gal hello there. How is your dh feeling? Hoping you are having a good week and that your weather is behaving itself. It is so dark in the morning now that I wonder when we are turning our clocks back. I prefer darker in the AM however because when it gets dark by 4PM I sort of feel blue but I know that the clocks turning back time is coming because it is still dark at 7:30 AM here now. Anyway hope all is well with you and your family and just wanted to say hey.

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes for Francesca. She is definitely getting worse and coughing more and more many times a day. We are concerned but today is the echocardiogram day and I am holding good thoughts. If her heart is healthy she will be put on the only other alternative med which is heavy duty steroids. They may or may not work so a lot has to go right for our sweet Francesca but we know she is in good hands and everything that can be done for her will be done for her. :pray:

Greg's knee has been bothering him a lot and I made an appointment for him at Hospital for Special Surgery. He has been sucking it up and dealing with the pain and using CBD cream to help. It no longer helps so it needs attention. We were bad in putting it off till cycling season was over but he is stubborn and I did not argue much as I selfishly did not want to cut cycling season short. Hope we don't regret that decision. Anyway I was able to get him an appointment mid November for a consult so hoping that does not result in him needing a surgical appointment. Hoping against hope something less invasive can be done for him. Fingers crossed.

My appointment with David this past Tuesday was not what I expected. I have a red spot on my cheek that has been there for a few years and in the past I didn't even pay attention to it and thought it was seb derm or something and in the past David agreed. However at my appointment this past Tuesday he now feels it needs to be biopsied as it has been persistent for years and getting worse and the skin is rough and scaly around it. I have had biopsies before from him but on my leg and I do not relish the thought of him taking a piece of my cheek. I scar very easily. He agreed we can wait till next visit or so because I was reluctant to get this done this week since I do have social engagements coming up. I am thinking while I trust David shouldn't I get a plastic surgeon to biopsy my cheek? IDK. Putting it off and out of my mind for now. Enough is on our plate atm. First Francesca gets taken care of and then Greg. Then I deal with my thyroid and have an Ultrasound with a specialist from the endocrinologist's office coming up next week and then a few weeks later appointment with the endo for further eval.

LOL those are enough cheery updates from moi. ::) Sorry didn't mean to go on but once I start sharing...

Have a wonderful Thursday girls and hugs to all of the sweet NIRDIs. XOXO.

Leaving you with a profile pic of my new to me skinny french cut band. This is why I love french cuts. That chunky profile gets me every single time.

profilefrenchband.jpg.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One additional photo I took just now...having fun with the bands I have while waiting for one more purchase to arrive albeit late as per usual USPS.

bubbalahand5bands.jpg.png

and a blurry one because Francesca is in it. She always looks purrrrrrfect. :cheeky:

bubbalahandbandsandfrancesca.jpg.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@missy, I'm sending lots of good thoughts that Francesca does well at her appointment and can be put on the appropriate meds. And oh no to Greg having trouble with his knee, I'm glad he's getting it checked out and I hope it's nothing too serious. Tough call on who should do the biopsy, but David sounds like he's comfortable with doing it. And here's hoping your upcoming visits can help you straighten out your thyroid issues. You have some beautiful stacking bands! And of course Bubbalah looks beautfiul and HRH is just the cutest :love:

@Austina, so glad Kim is doing ok and ugh to dealing with the aftermath of the accident, it is all such a hassle and I hope things go as smoothly as possible. Unfortunately I was not the person from SC who won haha!

@marcy, nice that you have lunch dates planned to break up the day and yay to Friday almost being here. Great news that you're doing well with the passwords. I'll have to check that app out. I hope Marty starts feeling better soon. Beautiful sunrise and lol to the rabbit saving for Marty's present!

PierreBear, I'm so glad you ended up having a good experience with the race and yay to those tailwinds! That cake looks amazing, other than ice cream cake is my favorite dessert. I hope your grandmother hangs in there with the tablet, technology can be overwhelming sometimes.

Not much going on...just throwing some things together for SC, it's a short trip and I already have some stuff there so packing isn't too involved. We're leaving later tonight. Will check in with everyone soon! Take care all xx

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I have been doing this morning :)

IMG_20181025_093516 (1).jpg

Ha! hi Missy, I'm getting my hair done today! I went to the eye surgeon and she said I was fine which I am always happy about! Sending tons of kitty health dust for Francesca! hope she is feeling better. Knees :( my husband has zero cartilege in one knee but he refuses to get it replaced, he has exercises he's been doing for years to strengthen it, I tried that with both my hips but I needed them replaced. I hope Greg doesn't need a replacement! but if he does, they are sooo good today.. I'm not sure what I would do with the biopsy Miss, sometimes they just flake off the top as you probably know.. but should it come back as something they want to go deeper with, I'd hit up the plastic surgeon in a heartbeat. Sorry this has happened to you :( I would be dollars that it's nothing. Good luck with the endocrinologist.. I know the feeling having lots of appts.. sending love your way.

@PierreBear I so admire your running! I can barely walk but I do walk every day :) I gotta say, I don't like tablets, I only use one on a plane when John and I do crosswords together, I know the younger people love them, give me a good old laptop any day, preferably thin and light :) hope your grandmother get's used to the tablet. My God that cake looks divine!!!!!!

@marcy I hope your husband feels better.. it's cold here today 31degrees, this means cold season and flu.. Glad/not glad you got your laptop up.. I used to HATE when this kind of stuff happened to me.. reinstall printers, UGH.. so sorry :(

@junebug17 thank you for your kind words about my shoulder and thank you so much for your kind words on IG for my grand-daughter! I can't wait. And Junie! I am a seafood lover too! you must come up to Maine and we can share a lobster - nah, we can get our own losters! Hope your weather is wonderful.. chilly today herel

@Austina hope everything is going great in your neck of the woods!

May all the NIRDI's have a wonderful day, sending happy and good vibes to you all. Kate

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Poor little Francesca @missy I hope the echocardiogram went well, and the cause of her coughing has been found and can be treated successfully. Poor Greg, hopefully he won’t need any major surgery to fix his knee. I had keyhole arthroscopy on my right knee for my shredded cartilage, and I was back at the gym 10 days later. Life’s not giving you a break ATM, let’s hope that the issue on your face turns out to be harmless.

Shall I start making a list for when you win the lottery - it won’t be very long, promise :mrgreen:?

Safe travels to SC @junebug17 and enjoy spending time with your friends.

Woohoo @Tekate hope your new ‘do’ turned out well. Good news about your eye, what a relief for you. Everything ‘s good here thanks.

Well done @PierreBear way to go girl :dance: Glad you’re feeling more upbeat and was able to enjoy the event, and cheer others on. :lickout: that cake :drool: Did you eat it all? :D

Naughty puss eating all his food at once, sounds like the sort of thing Dot would do :lol:

Poor Marty @marcy, hope he’s not feeling too awful. You’re becoming a lady wot lunches :mrgreen2: Good idea to get away from the madhouse now and again. Have you had anymore thoughts about your ring?

Hope your DH is on the mend @canuk-gal .

Thanks again for the good wishes, Kim is doing ok.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Austina: those car photos gave me a chill. Thankful Kim wasn't hurt!!

PB--your cake looks wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your marathon.

Missy--so much on your plate! Gosh. I hope Greg's knee is an easy fix. Poor puss coughing--hope the echo goes OK.

JuneB--enjoy your company!

Well despite my vigorous hand washing I've managed to catch my DH head cold. He is much worse than I am and while I have not had a cold in years, one doesn't forget the gross inconvenience of it all! Anyway, I ran around like mad today with errands. Glad to be home.

Shout out to all NIRDI's!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, that is a tough call about disabling your air bag. Hopefully you’ll never need to know. I go through spells of buying lotto tickets; I am usually too cheap to buy them. My dad faithfully bought one though so I kind of do it for him. LOL to rabbit stew. The bears are paying the rabbits to not eat them; Marty says the bears are the rabbits natural food source around here. As we’ve established before; we are both easily entertained. I agree beauty is around us and we should try to remember to stop and enjoy it. I hope Francesca’s test went okay and they can find the right medicine for her; I’ve been thinking about all of you today. I hate to hear about Greg’s knees. I hope PT fixes it right up. I hate to hear about the spot on your face they want to cut out and run a biopsy on. I scar easily too and my dermatologist started shooting steroids in moles he cut out so they wouldn’t form a lumpy scar; they are kind of indented lines that I hardly notice. The biggest one is about an inch by my left eye. Good luck with everything and your test next week. Gorgeous stack of bands you have and of course Bubbalah looks amazing.

Junebug, so far I have done okay logging in to things at work. Even the sites that had saved passwords were wiped out by moving domains. Darn. Great idea to have things already at your place in SC so you don’t have to pack as much. When we had our RV we did that too so we didn’t have to pack and unpack everything all the time. Enjoy your trip to SC.

Kate, glad to hear you got a good report card from the eye surgeon. I’m with your DH holding out on getting knee replacements. More days than I’d like I often wonder if this is the day I’ll be making an appointment. How did your hair turn out? I started parting mine in the middle because it works better for my bangs; I like it better off to the side though. I’ll try it for a while. 31 degrees is COLD. Do you start getting snow this time of year?

Austina, I wore my Tiffany band today with my ering and that is precisely why I got the scattered diamond band made for my ACA. They go together so well. I think I am indecisive about a new ring because I truly do like the one I have. I am already contemplating other things. First I need some spending money. If only I’d won the lottery. I am relieved to hear Kim is doing okay. I am sure she is reliving her accident all too frequently. My SIL who moved to Dallas last spring had just bought a new Dodge Ram pickup right before she moved. Someone ran a red light and broadsided her new pickup the first week she was there. I don’t think she’d had it a month yet.

Sharon, oh no to catching a cold. I hope you and your DH get well soon.

Thanks ladies; Marty is feeling better. He actually slept in this morning.

The weather was lively when I ventured out for lunch. It was chilly when I came home though.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, here is the Tiffany band with my ering. Marty has always suggested I buy another Tiffany band and have the diamond mounted on it but I think 2 thick rings like that would be a lot of metal on my finger.
IMG_1915.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, here is the Tiffany band with my ering. Marty has always suggested I buy another Tiffany band and have the diamond mounted on it but I think 2 thick rings like that would be a lot of metal on my finger.
IMG_1915.JPG

These look perfect as they are. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon. That is why I will probably stick with what I have.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 hope you had safe travels to the beach house and that you are there enjoying and relaxing. Thanks for all your good wishes and sending you hugs and happy weekend thoughts. Have fun!

Aww @marcy you are so sweet! Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts yesterday. I will update you below. And thank you for your lovely compliments. LOL those pesky rabbits and their bear food. I think Marty needs to start training the bears with all his equipment so the rabbits have to pay the bears for protection. :cheeky: Glad Marty is feeling better and that he slept in yesterday morning. Sleep is restorative. Now if only you and I could get some more we'd be in business.::)
Your Tiffany band is so beautiful but I agree. It would be too much metal on your finger if you surrounded your ER. I LOVE your ER and I love it with the single Tiffany band. Gorgeous.:kiss2:
Another thing we have in common scarring easily and I am sorry you have marks from necessary procedures. Luckily your beauty shines through no matter what. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate how did your hair cut appointment go yesterday? Did you get a sassy do? Love sassy saucy and smart short hair. So glad your eye surgeon appointment went well! LOLOL you crack me up so much love it.:lol: I am photobombing everyone with all my bling and kitty photos (of the kitties photobombing how ironic :lol-2:). Thank you dear Kate for making me laugh. Laughing helps everything. Hope you are enjoying the week and have a fun weekend in store. Keep on laughing because laughter really is good medicine!

@Austina I am so relieved Kim is doing well and recovering from her accident. Poor dear. Having an accident like that is traumatic and sending her more good thoughts and gentle hugs. Greg had knee surgery in the 80s. The normal procedure at that time of the invasive surgery of removal of the meniscus in one knee and a few years later he had knee surgery on the other knee that was at that one of the first arthroscopic procedures. The procedures now are much less invasive and much better of course. Thank you for all your good wishes for everyone.

@canuk-gal aww sorry you caught your dh's URI and hope you recover soon! Getting sick is not fun especially when the weather changes. Sending you healing hugs and well wishes. (((HUGS))). Thanks for your continued good wishes dear Sharon. We appreciate it very much.

@Sandeek shout out to you and hoping everything is going smoothly. Sending you hugs and continued good wishes. (((Hugs))).

Yesterday was a busy day. Greg took Francesca in to my sister's practice where the cardiologist met them and thank goodness Francesca did well on the echocardiogram (ouch to the cost wow...my sister should have become a veterinarian cardiologist lol). So my sister gave Francesca the strong steroid injection yesterday after the echo showed it was safe to do. We will see how Francesca does. It's tricky because it only lasts 3 weeks but we cannot give it to her every 3 weeks as it can cause lots of health issues like diabetes, heart disease etc. So Debbie wants to see if it will calm her (now diagnosed severe) asthma long enough that perhaps we only have to give it to her a few times a year. More than 6 times a year and we cannot do this treatment. She also has a physiological heart murmur that Debbie heard last visit but that the echocardiogram shows is not something to worry about at the moment. There is a nebulizer treatment we can try with her if the strong steroid injections don't work but it is challenging to nebulize a cat. So really hoping this treatment works enough and calms her asthma down long enough that it can be the treatment for her. Fingers crossed.

I enjoyed the day with @LLJsmom and of course we enjoyed bling together. Though the highlight of my day was spending it with LLJ and lucky me I get even more time with her this weekend woohoo. The bling is great but doesn't compare to her.:kiss2:
OK enough mush from me:oops2: and I know what y'all want so here ya go. Sharing a few pics for my NIRDI girls of course.
1237379fdqxrvb3f5.gif
Hope you enjoy.

A gorgeous necklace that doesn't cost that much...

diamondnecklace.jpg.png

Some big old diamonds.

capediamond.jpg.png

Look at this antique "asscher/emerald" cut. I loved the original setting too. All OECs on the shank. GORGEOUS.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.42.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.44.18 AM.png

and one of Caysie's delicious settings.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.44.24 AM.png

and more old cut deliciousness. I seriously was swooning.:kiss2:

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.45.26 AM.png

OK last 2 pics for now. I LOVE this setting and diamond. Totally gorgeous.:love:

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.46.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.46.16 AM.png

Have a wonderful day girls! :wavey:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.08.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.08.37 AM.png
    361.2 KB · Views: 15
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results