shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Philosophy Pure Grace, but it does not last on me. Any suggestions of other eau de toilettes that might be similar in scent? Can't do perfume as it is too strong for me. Thanks!

Parfums have more oils but, they also sit a lot closer to the skin than you'd think. EDP's generally have much more throw to them, and EDT's can too, though they have less parfum oils.

The amount of oils is not set in concrete, and because of this, you can actually get some pretty strong EDT's depending on the company!!

My suggestion for longevity is use a very good lotion or an oil prior to spraying on skin. You might even want to use the same scent lotion too.

I would also suggest spraying clothes. Clothes don't have the same issue as skin does in diluting the perfume over time (sweat, skin oils, skin turnover) , But the evolution of the scent can be very different. Try it and see if it works for you. (we're all a bit different in what works)

You might want to try Prada Infusions Line of perfume.
Mimosa is really gorgeous, probably one of my favorites (though too light for me tbh)
Infusion Iris is also a love. Go for the EDT as its lighter (though its pretty good longevity wise)
I never liked the rose but some seem to love it (Its quite powdery but modern)

Also try Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Line of perfumes. These generally are light but present.
Limon Verde is a favorite as is Pera Granita (its citrus and so yummy!) You might also like Rosa Pop its more violets (reads powdery) than rose. Frankly try as much of this line as you can.

One more brand that I can think of is Costume National
Of those try Scent Sheer, Scent Gloss, and So Nude EDT.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
L'AP Tea for two?
Vanilla flash is very similar, I love both, but maybe the Tauer a bit more... if you like the Tom Ford and tea for two, then you really need to try Tauerville vanilla flash. Andy Tauer is such a talented and sweet guy, and is essentially still a one man show. I always make sure to order directly from his own website - he'll includea hhand-written note (no affiliation, and lol)

Thanks @kipari! Will check it out. I think I am going to get it! Ooh so excited just what I need. More perfume.:lol: No seriously thank you. I am always looking for new to me perfumes I would enjoy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy have you smelled Guerlain's Tonka Imperiale? On my skin its got a definite cherry tobacco note that is really super nice. I hate the fact its nearly 300 dollars and only 75mls (:eek2:) But I luckily found it on fragnet for half that. hoping they have it again sometime.

Thanks for the info! Yes I just checked and it looks promising. Would be great to get at a reduced cost so am keeping a watch on it. Thanks very much for your recommendation.

Reactions: AV_

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
Parfums have more oils but, they also sit a lot closer to the skin than you'd think. EDP's generally have much more throw to them, and EDT's can too, though they have less parfum oils.

The amount of oils is not set in concrete, and because of this, you can actually get some pretty strong EDT's depending on the company!!

My suggestion for longevity is use a very good lotion or an oil prior to spraying on skin. You might even want to use the same scent lotion too.

I would also suggest spraying clothes. Clothes don't have the same issue as skin does in diluting the perfume over time (sweat, skin oils, skin turnover) , But the evolution of the scent can be very different. Try it and see if it works for you. (we're all a bit different in what works)

You might want to try Prada Infusions Line of perfume.
Mimosa is really gorgeous, probably one of my favorites (though too light for me tbh)
Infusion Iris is also a love. Go for the EDT as its lighter (though its pretty good longevity wise)
I never liked the rose but some seem to love it (Its quite powdery but modern)

Also try Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Line of perfumes. These generally are light but present.
Limon Verde is a favorite as is Pera Granita (its citrus and so yummy!) You might also like Rosa Pop its more violets (reads powdery) than rose. Frankly try as much of this line as you can.

One more brand that I can think of is Costume National
Of those try Scent Sheer, Scent Gloss, and So Nude EDT.

Thank you @Arcadian! I look forward to testing all of your recommendations!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info! Yes I just checked and it looks promising. Would be great to get at a reduced cost so am keeping a watch on it. Thanks very much for your recommendation.
Keep me posted, Missy. I hope you'll love it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you like a cherry note you may want to try La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain. It’s an older perfume but still around..and not too expensive..It has a cherry note to it..I sat next to a woman who wore this and I couldn’t help but ask her what she was wearing because it was wonderful. I bought it and it smelled like I dropped a can of cherry coke on me. It all has to do with body chemistry I guess!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like a cherry note you may want to try La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain. It’s an older perfume but still around..and not too expensive..It has a cherry note to it..I sat next to a woman who wore this and I couldn’t help but ask her what she was wearing because it was wonderful. I bought it and it smelled like I dropped a can of cherry coke on me. It all has to do with body chemistry I guess!

Thanks @Mamabean. Putting it on my list of perfumes to try.

Keep me posted, Missy. I hope you'll love it!

Thanks @kipari. I am going to order from his site as you recommend. At that price a FB buy without sampling is worth the risk.

Freezing and super windy here today so wearing Black Afgano by Nasomatto. For me it's a smokey incense and tobacco subtle skin scent for me.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, funny you should mention Black Afghano . My good friend who's signature scent is B A just left after a week at our place. Such a yummy fragrance and happy memories for me
I recommended Vanilla flash to her two years ago and she loved it, m btw...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m hoping @canuk-gal or anyone who wears Creed can answer this question. I go thru a bottle of Creed about twice a year and I always purchase the same fragrance. I bought a bottle yesterday and the bill was $380. I started wearing this fragrance 4 years ago and know there have been price increases thru the years. It just dawned on me yesterday that I thought I paid $200 for the first bottle I purchased. Am I wrong?

If I’m correct I need to stock up.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Freezing and super windy here today so wearing Black Afgano by Nasomatto. For me it's a smokey incense and tobacco subtle skin scent for me.

So nice! On to my 'to do' list ...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m hoping @canuk-gal or anyone who wears Creed can answer this question. I go thru a bottle of Creed about twice a year and I always purchase the same fragrance. I bought a bottle yesterday and the bill was $380. I started wearing this fragrance 4 years ago and know there have been price increases thru the years. It just dawned on me yesterday that I thought I paid $200 for the first bottle I purchased. Am I wrong?

@Calliecake looks like you are right. Big increase.:shock:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/455320-Massive-UK-amp-EU-Creed-price-increase

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?429688-Creed-price-rises

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've almost stopped buying Creed b/c of the staggering increase in prices. My DH LOVES the Royal Oud but it is now cost prohibitive. I am sad!!! @Calliecake you are not wrong.

I wonder if buying online offers better value?

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @canuk-gal and @missy. I guess I really don’t need to wear it while running errands LOL.

I wore a Cartier fragrance for years and don’t remember it almost doubling in price after 4 years.

ETA I just searched the fragrance websites and found it for less than half the price but reviewers on a couple of sites said it didn’t smell as good as the bottle they paid full price for. They wondered if the fragrance was fake.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scent for today is Balmain Vent Vert (latest release)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, creed can also be found at walgreens.com and CVS.com (yeah I know!!) Depending on the time of year you can get some great deals through them if you happen to like creed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Molinard Vanille EDP arrived the other day and I have worn it for the past 2 days. It is in a very pretty bottle but that is where it ends for me. I prefer the EDT. The EDP is different. The best way I can describe it is the EDP is a bit more perfumey. Not just stronger/heavier being an EDP vs EDT but a bit different. It doesn't smell like my memory of my younger soda pop sarsaparilla days if that makes sense. Whereas the Vanilla EDT does. Oh well. I haven't given up on it and will try it again but just sharing my initial disappointment in the perfume.

Why do "they" tinker with perfection? The original Molinard Vanille was just perfect as it was IMO.

Not sure what I am wearing today yet. Just woke up a short while ago and need to see what I am in the mood for...besides coffee and PS right at this moment that is.
1370758t2un0q5qua.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Molinard Vanille EDP arrived the other day and I have worn it for the past 2 days. It is in a very pretty bottle but that is where it ends for me. I prefer the EDT. The EDP is different. The best way I can describe it is the EDP is a bit more perfumey. Not just stronger/heavier being an EDP vs EDT but a bit different. It doesn't smell like my memory of my younger soda pop sarsaparilla days if that makes sense. Whereas the Vanilla EDT does. Oh well. I haven't given up on it and will try it again but just sharing my initial disappointment in the perfume.

Why do "they" tinker with perfection? The original Molinard Vanille was just perfect as it was IMO.

Not sure what I am wearing today yet. Just woke up a short while ago and need to see what I am in the mood for...besides coffee and PS right at this moment that is.
1370758t2un0q5qua.gif

I think sometimes they have very little choice, so thank IFRA. Also it may need to just mature a bit. I'm sorry you're not in love with it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think sometimes they have very little choice, so thank IFRA. Also it may need to just mature a bit. I'm sorry you're not in love with it.

Thanks Arcadian. I am hoping it will as you write mature into a fragrance I love as much as the EDT. And it was definitely worth the purchase. Very inexpensive and at the very least it is a pleasant enough scent.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Caron Tubereuse. I hate to wear it because its so hard to come by but I love wearing it because it really does smell so yummy. Distribution is so limited in the US which is really a shame. They've changed hands again (I think, I can barely keep up anymore).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today wearing Guerlain Le Parfum du 68.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing L Lolita Lempicka parfum. Definitely a more smokey and earthier affair than the edp, and quite long lasting (but the bottle is itty bitty!!!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never smelled Roses in Rose 31 anyway. Just like the rest of the line - Patchouli 24 is leather; Iris 39 is patchouli; Santal 33 has no sandalwood; Neroli 36 is a plain white musk.

Rose 31, to me, is primarily a wood scent, with perhaps a touch of floral notes buried underneath. I have a feeling what you're smelling are woody aromachemicals like Iso E Super - known for smelling like pencil shavings.

Where you be??? Wore this today--and did I smell good!:P2 Astute observation about what it should smell like.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Angelique Noir. Love this scent so much (I wish the bottles were BIGGER!!!:cry2:)

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! This has to be the place for advice=)2. I love some vanilla in my scents and have enjoyed Brit and Hanae Mori. They are sweet, though, and I was just wondering about a good alternative for cold weather months that is maybe a little deeper, less sweet, if such a thing exists? I have tried some Jo Malone in the past, but those aren't really my thing. Thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! This has to be the place for advice=)2. I love some vanilla in my scents and have enjoyed Brit and Hanae Mori. They are sweet, though, and I was just wondering about a good alternative for cold weather months that is maybe a little deeper, less sweet, if such a thing exists? I have tried some Jo Malone in the past, but those aren't really my thing. Thanks!

My favorite perfume is probably Vaniglia Del Madagascar by SS Farmacia De Anunziata.

https://www.luckyscent.com/product/44013/vaniglia-del-madagascar-by-farmacia-ss-annunziata-dal-1561

Definitely less sweet and deeper than Hanae Mori and just delicious IMO. Worth a sample to see if it is FB worthy to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mona di Orio Vanille - Not to everyone's taste but I love it. Do sample
Guerlain Vanille Spiriteuse - Most people really like this. Smells like Bourbon Vanilla frankly
Diptyque Duelle - Woody vanilla. Great for fall
Coty Vanilla Musk - Yep seriously. I think Walmart has it and it does still smell good!
L'Artisan Ambre Extreme - (its amber but vanilla is def. in there)
Artelier Vanille Insensee - A manly vanilla (ladies of course can wear this as well)
Yves Rocher Vanilla Noir - great cheap thrill if you like vanilla
Perlier Caribbean Vanilla and Coffee... A coffee shop type of vanilla. Must like coffee for this one to really grab you
Perry Ellis Black Vanilla Absolute - I got this before the hype machine and its really really nice. The other half wears it more than I do...lol
Keihl's Vanilla Cedar - is now discontinued :cry2:. If you can find it cheap worth a smell.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You are all the best! This gives me lots to sample.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results