shape
carat
color
clarity

A confession and a reveal - new DKJ 3 stone

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You. Did. NOT! Well, all I can say is that you have excellent taste and, if you switched out that stunner, the new stone must be awesome sauce!

Can I ask where your original stone came from, and if that's who you're doing the trade with? I am trying to get a handle on who offers what, should I ever trade up any of my stones. (No, not the new one. That stone is FOREVER.)

Gulp... I did! It was a big decision, but the new stone is a beautiful big sister to the K, imho. I have a thread running on RT if you want to see photos. After receiving some solid feedback here and from DK confirming it, I decided to go for it. I just sent both back on Friday to finalize the trade in. =)2

The original and new stone are from JA. This will be my second upgrade on my round from there, so hoping this third stone is the charm. Actually, if they put the K back into inventory around the price I had purchased it, someone will be so fortunate if they choose it - it’s a total unicorn stone.

And so glad to hear you’re thrilled with your new stone. Don’t ever let that beauty go!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b

You hit it out of the park with this one. Your new 3-stone ring is the most beautiful that I have ever seen on PS :love::love::love:. It is perfect on your finger.

Delicious 3ct F-VS2 center ACA diamond.
I would be like you too and would choose a 3ct F-VS2 over a 4ct I-VS1 any day.

Congratulations on this beauty and wear it in good health. :appl::appl::appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist - thank you so much! Your own collection is SO stunning, and I know how much you appreciate a white, white stone!

I do hope to have a warm stone one day, but it will be an OEC and it won't be for a while yet.

But this is my holy grail ring, and I'll never let this one go. Thank you for your very kind comments! :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to add a couple of (hugely repetitive, granted) photos. I've had this ring for 2 months; no regrets, no plans to change it. This really is the one for me. The scratches on my hands are still from my run in with that aggressive Christmas tree!

20181215_114330.jpg

20181215_114345.jpg

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl:Wow! It is beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t see this thread until today as I am infrequently visiting PS here and there but the three stone ring and band look magnificent! I’m glad DK can bring your dream ring to life it’s amazing!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also I can’t remeber what your previous setting looked like. Can you share a before and after?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@D&T - this is my previous ring. I decided I wasn't fond of the shape on my hand, and the stone was I color, and I wanted something whiter. It was a 4.01ct I VS1 ACA in 2/3 point halo. My current stone is a 3.05ct F VS2 ACA with 2 x .625ct G VS2 ACAs. For anyone who's interested in the financial impact of color, these 2 stones were within $200 of each other.

20180831_114003.jpg

20180831_112814.jpg

20180831_144847.jpg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I've already commented on this ring but I'm too lazy to look. I love, love, love it. It's so superb. It's amazing, gorgeous and perfect. You are such a lucky girl. Enjoy it. Cherish it. I wish you the best. OMG, it's stunning.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! I loved the halo but I completely understand! Unrelated, I actually did the same I had a round halo over my 8.6mm tourmaline and it was not working on my finger but turned it into a three stone but much smaller sidestone and a semi bezel.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@D&T - this is my previous ring. I decided I wasn't fond of the shape on my hand, and the stone was I color, and I wanted something whiter. It was a 4.01ct I VS1 ACA in 2/3 point halo. My current stone is a 3.05ct F VS2 ACA with 2 x .625ct G VS2 ACAs. For anyone who's interested in the financial impact of color, these 2 stones were within $200 of each other.

20180831_114003.jpg

20180831_112814.jpg

20180831_144847.jpg

What did you decide to do with the halo setting? It is gorgeous but i also do love your three stone, which is so classic and icy white.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you decide to do with the halo setting? It is gorgeous but i also do love your three stone, which is so classic and icy white.

I had hoped to set a gorgeous green tourmaline in it, but turned out the tourm. was SUPER deep, so the setting couldn't handle it. In the end, it was melted down and the diamonds will be repurposed. And yes, it was a very beautiful ring - amongst the best workmanship I have ever seen on a ring.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20180831_114003.jpg

20180831_112814.jpg

20180831_144847.jpg

I am ALWAYS interested in the financial impact ;-)

Thanks for the deets!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided to upgrade my sides, which are currently G VS2 and G SI1, both ACAs. I'm replacing then with this -

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3964570.htm

and this -

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4133817.htm

All 3 stones are now F VS. My current sides are both .62ct, and at .61ct each for the 2 new sides, I'm assuming (hoping!) the setting won't have to be remade.

I still have the 3.21 F VS1 in my sights, but am waiting till next year to make sure I have no more unforeseen health disasters crop up! Hoping it lasts till then!!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Decided to upgrade my sides, which are currently G VS2 and G SI1, both ACAs. I'm replacing then with this -

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3964570.htm

and this -

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4133817.htm

All 3 stones are now F VS. My current sides are both .62ct, and at .61ct each for the 2 new sides, I'm assuming (hoping!) the setting won't have to be remade.

I still have the 3.21 F VS1 in my sights, but am waiting till next year to make sure I have no more unforeseen health disasters crop up! Hoping it lasts till then!!

Those are really nicely matched! exciting

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, exciting! :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! Yes, I'm really pleased with them. The 2 I have are matched ACAs, but I've always wanted them to be colorless and super clean and a match with the center stone.

Next year, if I'm lucky, I'll upgrade the center. :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b your new side stones are scrumptious!! You know you will have to take a whole new slew of pictures for us!
As for the center stone upgrade next year, is it because of the size and clarity or is there something in the specs of the diamond that really speak to you? You know I am all into the details and I love to hear your thoughts!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @MissGotRocks :wavey:

It really is that specific combination of proportions. And I'm at a stage where I want cleaner than a VS2. It's a tiny bit larger - just a smidge - but it really is the stats on it. I think it will look perfect with the sides, but I'll have to wait and see if it's still available; I want to get 6 months with no health issues and no sign of recurrence before I make a move on anything substantial. So we'll see if it's still around next year....

Tinyd

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! OMG! The sparkle is amazing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @MissGotRocks :wavey:

It really is that specific combination of proportions. And I'm at a stage where I want cleaner than a VS2. It's a tiny bit larger - just a smidge - but it really is the stats on it. I think it will look perfect with the sides, but I'll have to wait and see if it's still available; I want to get 6 months with no health issues and no sign of recurrence before I make a move on anything substantial. So we'll see if it's still around next year....
It is very similar in specs to my diamond and I find it to be a bit edgier than a diamond with a larger table and lower crown angle. Two different looks to me - not good or bad but a bit different. I hope that it is still there for you when you decide to buy. I am guessing that you will be fine health wise but I understand your hesitation. So we’ll just keep our fingers crossed and wait it out! Will WF set your new side stones or does it go back to DK?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very similar in specs to my diamond and I find it to be a bit edgier than a diamond with a larger table and lower crown angle. Two different looks to me - not good or bad but a bit different. I hope that it is still there for you when you decide to buy. I am guessing that you will be fine health wise but I understand your hesitation. So we’ll just keep our fingers crossed and wait it out! Will WF set your new side stones or does it go back to DK?

It will go back to DKJ for setting. I'm sure WF could easily do it, but I want to keep it with its original manufacturer.

I'm guessing you're most likely right and I'll be fine. But I know plenty of women in my situation whose surgery seemed to lead to secondaries and metastases, so I want to err on the side of caution. I've had 4 surgeries this year for 3 different things, with a total bill over 200k. Insurance covered most of it, granted, but not all, so I'd like to recoup some funds before I drop another large chunk.

But I am reeeeeally keeping my fingers crossed that my beloved diamond is still there in the new year!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I say screw this waiting for a recurrence, it ain't going to happen!!!

Christmas isn't that far away, let's plan on this being your present to yourself, and a celebration of the fact you dodged that bullet!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results