shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you consider K color earrings in Tacori halo setting?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I found a pair of K color 1.4ctw on White flash and want to put it in Tacori halo setting. Would you consider the K color, or should i go higher color?

Here is the K color pair.
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...etails.aspx?Diamond1=3997088&Diamond2=3634215

2 options of Tacori halo setting, Which one you think is better for the K color?
https://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/tacori-fe643-encore-dantela-diamond-earring-4984.htm
https://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/tacori-fe643-encore-dantela-diamond-earring-4983.htm

Thanks for any advice.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you point out the differences in the setting...I just cant tell anything from the pictures.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Could you point out the differences in the setting...I just cant tell anything from the pictures.

The model Encore setting is a round shape halo that is more spread out, so I think this will make the earring look bigger.

The model Dentela is more of a square shape, and the small diamond is not as spread out as the round one, but it covers more of the side from what I can tell.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What is the lowest color diamond you have owned? Do you know the minimum color you can tolerate? For me, the answer is no, because I am not sure if I can tolerate J. I mention J color because it is a color which many people consider for earrings when there is a trade off between budget and size.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
What is the lowest color diamond you have owned? Do you know the minimum color you can tolerate? For me, the answer is no, because I am not sure if I can tolerate J. I mention J color because it is a color which many people consider for earrings when there is a trade off between budget and size.

The lowest color I have owned is J color 2.5ct which I can only see the color on the side. I have not put it in a setting yet so I do not know how I would like it yet, but by looking at it I think I would be ok. My mom have I color 2.5ct and I think it is perfect.

The reason why I am considering K color because on WF HIJ color is around $5600-$6000 compared with K for $3800. I would think K and J should not be that much of a difference, and in small stone maybe the different will be very small....

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are WF ACA’s. They shouldn’t show as much tint, based upon their ideal cut standards. I’d pop those is any halo & enjoy them! You may see a slight contrast between the halo diamonds & the center, but I think the contrast will be complimentary, not negative. ACA’s are gorgeous!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I put the wrong link. my original post is the same halo setting,

here is the other setting
https://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/tacori-fe670-encore-diamond-earring-4999.htm

Love the above setting.

The other setting just has a lot going on. Since its on the ear where people wont be seeing it up close, I sort of feel like they just
muddy the water of the lovely ACA center stones. Too much going on for me.

Call WF and ask them if they have any K colored stones that they could "sit" in a halo setting (may be a ring setting) so you can see a K colored stone
against a halo. I dont think it would bother me because you will not be seeing the sides of the stone but everyone is different.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hope that I do not get in trouble by referring you to the Louptroupe listing by Marymm. She also has the listing in the Pricescope Cafe section. It is a matched pair 0.68 ct each, G and H diamonds for the same price you are looking for. The cut parameters suggest the diamonds can be comparable to those of ACA. I would buy these higher color diamonds instead of K color diamonds. You can have your local jeweler order the Tacori setting you like and set the diamonds for a small fee.

I read somewhere that the color range gets wider with lower color diamonds. I bought a small (0.3-ct) well cut, GIA graded, J-color diamond from a fellow PSer. The diamond, although excellent cut with ideal cut parameters, does look yellowish to me. I put it in a multi-station duty necklace, so the yellowish color is much less apparent from the distraction of lots of metal and several other diamonds. After this purchase, I make sure not to buy any RB diamond J or lower. Perhaps go to a local jewelry store to check out GIA or AGS graded K color diamonds to make sure you can accept K color.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Hope that I do not get in trouble by referring you to the Louptroupe listing by Marymm. She also has the listing in the Pricescope Cafe section. It is a matched pair 0.68 ct each, G and H diamonds for the same price you are looking for. The cut parameters suggest the diamonds can be comparable to those of ACA. I would buy these higher color diamonds instead of K color diamonds. You can have your local jeweler order the Tacori setting you like and set the diamonds for a small fee.

I read somewhere that the color range gets wider with lower color diamonds. I bought a small (0.3-ct) well cut, GIA graded, J-color diamond from a fellow PSer. The diamond, although excellent cut with ideal cut parameters, does look yellowish to me. I put it in a multi-station duty necklace, so the yellowish color is much less apparent from the distraction of lots of metal and several other diamonds. After this purchase, I make sure not to buy any RB diamond J or lower. Perhaps go to a local jewelry store to check out GIA or AGS graded K color diamonds to make sure you can accept K color.

Hi there,

Can you show me her listing? I can't find it for some reason. One of the thing I like buying directly with WF is that they have good policy of upgrading, they even said it does not have to be double the price.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is just me, the price difference would not be enough for me to buy a K colored set.
I have had to buy and sell enough stuff over the years that unless something is pawn shop cheap ( I mean the price a pawn shop pays you if you went to sell it which is the cost of gold and almost nothing for the diamonds) I only buy what I will like and REALLY want.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a K colored diamond for an earring and matched it with an I colored diamond. My diamonds are slightly smaller than you’re considering at about 1.27 ctw. And I never thought about buying a K color diamond before, but I can’t tell the difference between the two diamonds! Especially with WF’s great upgrade policy, I would consider buying K colored diamonds, but I probably wouldn’t put them in an expensive setting until I thought I would be done upgrading.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a K colored diamond for an earring and matched it with an I colored diamond. My diamonds are slightly smaller than you’re considering at about 1.27 ctw. And I never thought about buying a K color diamond before, but I can’t tell the difference between the two diamonds! Especially with WF’s great upgrade policy, I would consider buying K colored diamonds, but I probably wouldn’t put them in an expensive setting until I thought I would be done upgrading.

I do like the k color one and maybe I will get it for myself, as for my mom, what do you think these of these two? Is it comparable to WF heart and arrows? Me and my mom is having some type of bugs to buy some diamonds this past month... lol
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-x-0-68ct-matched-diamonds.244093/#post-443383

The reason why I am looking at tacori setting because with any halo it will go between $1300-$2000. I guess I might as well get a tacori.:twisted2:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks a lot! This pair will go to my mom. Hopefully I will find another matched pair for myself.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all of you I found a great pair of matched diamond here! I can’t make myself buy another pair on WF with lower color now, because if I paid $3800 for G and H color... why would I pay $3800 for a pair of K.... oh no... don’t know what to do now.:roll

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all of you I found a great pair of matched diamond here! I can’t make myself buy another pair on WF with lower color now, because if I paid $3800 for G and H color... why would I pay $3800 for a pair of K.... oh no... don’t know what to do now.:roll
Happy for you about snatching up a great find (high colors and perfect match for what you want). Great prices are hard to come by, so do not expect as much luck next time. However, you can take time enjoying (you can try them on for a few days before handing over to your Mom), and then decide what is more suitable for you as your knowledge has increased and taste may change.
By the time you are ready to buy for yourself, you may stumble across a larger diamond pair, and you pocket may be deeper then to accommodate.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Today I finally had the time and took the diamonds to H.L. gross in Long Island and put down deposite to order a pair of tacori halo setting.

They were running a Tacori promotion! I got $300 off from the setting which originally would cost $1600.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look wonderful! I'm sure she'll love them!

Good job. :))

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Your mom will love them!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOOOVE your earrings, especially the proportion of melee size with respect to center diamond. The earrings look HUGE! You make me think about resetting my studs in this gorgeous halo setting as well.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I LOOOVE your earrings, especially the proportion of melee size with respect to center diamond. The earrings look HUGE! You make me think about resetting my studs in this gorgeous halo setting as well.

I like it a lot as well! It also make the diamond look bigger than it is. The only thing you need to keep in mind if you do decide to change your stud is that these setting do sit low and look more flat that studs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results