carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this deco bracelet at Goodwill.
It is sterling with gold colored glass stones.
The clasp is broken, so I will fix that soon.
It looks alot like a white gold one that slipped through my fingers a few years ago. I wasn't gonna pass this one up!
Also, I found this awesome jewelry box at a yard sale.
Carved wood with a peacock and serpents. It's large, 12x8x4. No markings.
IMG_20180916_120746.jpg
IMG_20180916_120801.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh oh that is a major find at Goodwill! I'm also really digging that wooden box too!

I have finds for today!! Will take pictures and post later, I found not one but two ballerinas!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this deco bracelet at Goodwill.
It is sterling with gold colored glass stones.
The clasp is broken, so I will fix that soon.
It looks alot like a white gold one that slipped through my fingers a few years ago. I wasn't gonna pass this one up!
Also, I found this awesome jewelry box at a yard sale.
Carved wood with a peacock and serpents. It's large, 12x8x4. No markings.
IMG_20180916_120746.jpg
IMG_20180916_120801.jpg

Wow, 2 great finds. And that wooden hand carved box is splendid.:kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Success! Here is my ballerina jewelry box I found today for $15 smackers dancing ballerina and vintage smell included!

Then just when I thought it couldn't get any better we went to an indoor flea market and I find a Bohl's Ballerina Bottle. Originally these bottles came filled with liquor and the ballerina would look like she was dancing in it! Well the good stuff is all gone from this bottle but she still dances! This was a $10 find which is pretty amazing, these can go for a lot of money. Coincidentally I saw one in an antique shop yesterday and was admiring it but figured it would be out of my price range then today happened :dance:

IMG_9632.JPG IMG_9633.JPG IMG_9634.JPG IMG_9635.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops misspelled Bol's up there despite it being on the label I took a picture of :confused2:

Notice I said the bottle was empty, I did not elaborate on how it got that way :whistle:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Stephanie, that bottle is wild! I've never seen that before!
And the j-box is so cute! Do you have it all filled with cool stuff yet?
Here's a tip for cleaning the velvet interior...tape! Sometimes the velvet is all dusty or covered with lint. It works like those tape-roll lint removers.
You can get into the corners, and it works great. I do this all the time when I get a jewelry box for my booth.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice pieces, stracci and stephanie. I love fancy boxes and I love anything ballerina themed. My childhood dream was to become a ballet dancer. I took lessons but had to give up my dreams because I could never master the spinning without becoming dizzy part. I've had my eye on this cute little ballerina slippers pendent on Etsy. It's a little price-y though. The seller wants $250 and the slippers and chain are only 9 karat.
Ballet Slippers.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I haven't filled it yet, now I have more boxes than jewelry! First world problems man.

Tape...yes, excellent thank you, I'm going to give that a go.

@natasha-cupcake, bad influence but I think those slippers are adorable, wouldn't they be just a little extra if they were diamond encrusted?! :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake, I did a quick browse for gold ballet slippers and did find some results in the $100-$150 range and a pair that was $250 with a little pearl a each toe. So there are some other options out there if the 9k seems too much.

ETA: I checked Etsy, Ebay and RubyLane.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I haven't filled it yet, now I have more boxes than jewelry! First world problems man.

Tape...yes, excellent thank you, I'm going to give that a go.

@natasha-cupcake, bad influence but I think those slippers are adorable, wouldn't they be just a little extra if they were diamond encrusted?! :kiss2:
MMMMmmm! Diamond encrusted! I love that term.
Now this is totally off-topic----when I was a kid, I used to watch Bewitched. Have any of you ever noticed the "diamond encrusted" heart necklace that Elizabeth Montgomery wore in nearly every episode?
As a kid, I wanted a diamond heart necklace just like it!
I kinda still do..............
53d3c8ad4e98ac245c1dcc90c2b827fa.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christmas is right around the corner you know :twisted2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I have something to report today but no pictures yet.

How about a half carat OEC in a vintage scalloped setting in white gold on a yellow gold band! Not saying how much but let's just say I feel like I stole it!

My other purchase of the day was a $200 car battery...blah. The adulting thing is a downer sometimes.

Anyone else with treasures to share?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I have something to report today but no pictures yet.

How about a half carat OEC in a vintage scalloped setting in white gold on a yellow gold band! Not saying how much but let's just say I feel like I stole it!

My other purchase of the day was a $200 car battery...blah. The adulting thing is a downer sometimes.

Anyone else with treasures to share?
Oooh....I can't wait to see this new ring! And you better fess up to the price!:P2:lol-2:
And spending on car maintenance is depressing. I just hate that.
Anyway, here is a vintage 1930s-40s corner cabinet I got for $20 at a yard sale on Friday. The veneer is chipped off the feet, but I can fix that.
IMG_20180930_214056882.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved that heart pendant that Elizabeth Montgomery wore. :love:

6873F2E3-EEC4-40F4-B146-FE78322A4AD9.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved that heart pendant that Elizabeth Montgomery wore. :love:

6873F2E3-EEC4-40F4-B146-FE78322A4AD9.jpeg
I know, me too!
As a little kid, I took note of all the jewelry on all the TV shows.
I would see these things and then lust for them!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, great cabinet, love those decorative elements at the time (I'm sure there is a name for it lol). Is it mahogany? You can't beat the construction of vintage and antique furniture.

Nope not telling on the ring and you can't bribe it out of me, not even with food! :P2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, great cabinet, love those decorative elements at the time (I'm sure there is a name for it lol). Is it mahogany? You can't beat the construction of vintage and antique furniture.

Nope not telling on the ring and you can't bribe it out of me, not even with food! :P2
No, not mahogany. It's dark, maybe walnut. I wiped it with Danish Oil, and it looks new again! Danish Oil is magical stuff!
Well, I am curious now about this mystery ring....
Now we both have half-carat OECs! I think we are sisters from different parents.:P2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't heard of this Danish Oil you speak of but will need to give it a look.

Half a carat is probably as big as I'm going to get for a while, it seems there is a huge jump to get to 3/4 and a full carat. That is if this stone isn't a dud because I have not seen it in person, so fingers crossed on that one. If it is I can return it so I'm not stuck with it.

You are most def my sister from another mister :bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my haul for today (and yesterday). I posted the bling adornment on the apple in SMTB, I know sometimes folks don't visit all the different forums so here is the thread if you want to check it out:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-got-away-and-came-back.244082/#post-4426042

We went apple picking today, because you can't let Fall in New England pass by without certain traditions! My SIL brought along a lovely friend and we had a great time.

Who has finds to share? Don't be shy, post those treasures!

IMG_0194.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First thing, I was visiting my parents in Florida last week and Dad gave me a few things.
These are cracked egg shaped sterling salt cellars! So weird!
IMG_20181021_160909.jpg
This is an old tin type photo in a frame.
IMG_20181021_161351020.jpg
IMG_20181021_161402931.jpg

Now this last thing I found at an estate sale yesterday.
It's a Native pot from Acoma Pueblo here in NM.
Medium sized, about 8" tall.
There was a small 1/2 inch chip along the lip, and the little piece was still on the bottom of the pot. So naturally I glued it back in and retouched the paint.
I paid an unbelievable $3.00 for this pot!
These pots go for hundreds in unchipped condition.
Chip damage or not, it was a great buy!
IMG_20181021_160747712.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I forgot about this...
Dad gave me this ladies pocket watch. Missing the crystal.
Double 14k plate, with an inscription inside,
'Alice Mae Saumer
December 25, 1897'
IMG_20181021_164541901.jpg
IMG_20181021_164532682.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that pot is amazing, isn't it amazing the talent and work that goes into pieces like this? Did you have to talk them down from a higher price or were they asking $3? I love your picture and your salt holder thingies too!

ETA ....and that is a great watch, you really got some neat treasures this weekend.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that pot is amazing, isn't it amazing the talent and work that goes into pieces like this? Did you have to talk them down from a higher price or were they asking $3? I love your picture and your salt holder thingies too!

ETA ....and that is a great watch, you really got some neat treasures this weekend.
At first I thought it said 30.00, but no, it was 3.00!
The Native pottery is really big here in NM, and several Pueblos are famous for their pottery. Others are famous for jewelry, weaving, basketry, etc.
About getting up early, sometimes I get annoyed because I get up early for work, then I get up early on weekends to go to sales. UUGGHH!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you can't beat $3! I don't see much Native American pottery out and about here not sure if it's lack of looking or lack of availability. It's too bad really because it's a great art.

I drive DH crazy because apart from twice a year I will not entertain getting up early for a tag sale or flea market, he says that's when you find the best stuff and I say the best stuff is in my coffee cup and I don't even have to put a bra on for that =)2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you can't beat $3! I don't see much Native American pottery out and about here not sure if it's lack of looking or lack of availability. It's too bad really because it's a great art.

I drive DH crazy because apart from twice a year I will not entertain getting up early for a tag sale or flea market, he says that's when you find the best stuff and I say the best stuff is in my coffee cup and I don't even have to put a bra on for that =)2
Yes, I seem to recall that we discussed this once before!!!!:mrgreen2::lol-2::P2

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stracci - great find on the pot. It’s special.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stracci - great find on the pot. It’s special.
Thanks, @caf!
Something about the shape of the pot just makes me love it so much.
It's hard to capture the form of this pot on a cell phone camera. The cell phone lens cannot show the depth and roundness of the object.
In order to fully appreciate any piece of pottery, I feel that you must hold it in your hands and feel the weight and shape.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did a little pawn shopping today. Picked up this curved band made by Paul Winston Jewelers (PWJ stamp) 1/2 carat in white gold. The perfect compliment to my ring and perfect price at $130! This ring was so filthy I was literally using a toothpick to pull gunk out of the holes on the underside :sick:

There is also another ring that I found that I'm still thinking about. It's a Jeff Cooper diamond and sapphire band in platinum. That one would be for resale if I do end up buying it, I'm just not sure whether buying it so close to the holidays is something I'm comfortable with.

Anyways pictures of the band and then the Jeff Cooper one, the picture is almost the same as the one I saw except for the metal color.

Anyone else have goodies to share?

IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0792.JPG IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did a little pawn shopping today. Picked up this curved band made by Paul Winston Jewelers (PWJ stamp) 1/2 carat in white gold. The perfect compliment to my ring and perfect price at $130! This ring was so filthy I was literally using a toothpick to pull gunk out of the holes on the underside :sick:

There is also another ring that I found that I'm still thinking about. It's a Jeff Cooper diamond and sapphire band in platinum. That one would be for resale if I do end up buying it, I'm just not sure whether buying it so close to the holidays is something I'm comfortable with.

Anyways pictures of the band and then the Jeff Cooper one, the picture is almost the same as the one I saw except for the metal color.

Anyone else have goodies to share?

IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0792.JPG IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.jpg
OMG, Steph! That band is fabulous!
It is perfect with your vintage ring! A great find, I must say!
You are very focused on hunting down the bling these days!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, well I have some funds from selling my Art Deco OEC ring so that got me thinking about adding some new bling to my shop. Then you know as I'm looking for the store I find a little early Christmas gift for me lol!

I think I might go back for the Jeff Cooper ring, it's just too good to let sit in a pawn shop. Of course it's not my size so that will make it easier to sell right away =)2

You find anything good today?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results