My new I1 diamond

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is great! Can’t wait to see pics!:mrgreen2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photos - and this stone has no bad angle! Any black dots you can see in a couple of the photos are the back of my camera; compare to the other photos, and you'll see they're not there. This stone is COMPLETELY eye clean.

20181017_115447.jpg

20181017_115441.jpg

20181017_115502.jpg

20181017_115459.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Photos - and this stone has no bad angle! Any black dots you can see in a couple of the photos are the back of my camera; compare to the other photos, and you'll see they're not there. This stone is COMPLETELY eye clean.

20181017_115447.jpg

20181017_115441.jpg

20181017_115502.jpg

20181017_115459.jpg
What a deal! I went there to look myself..You certainly picked the cream of the crop!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you 'need' one? I've found 2 other beauties that would be under $1k! :lol-2:
Not now but I’ll be looking later for sure! Thanks though! :kiss2:

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Wow!!!! Can you share the way you go about finding these and also in how you took these photos? Unless it's too long to explain, I'd like to learn for my next purchase d ok w the line 8-)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Junc80 -

I enter cut parameters - excellent cut, excellent polish, excellent symmetry, table, 55-57%, depth, 60.5 - 62.2%, then for this one I wanted high color (E is my favorite diamond color), then clarity of I1, then I just go through inventory. You'll find once you do this, and limit for size and price, there won't be a lot that fit the parameters, so there's not heaps to go through. I tend to only do this on James Allen, as their photography shows up inclusions better than Blue Nile (and BN only goes down to SI2, so that would be as low as you can go on BN anyway - tho there's a big price drop between SI1 and SI2). Then I go through everything available, looking for a diamond with clarity issues I could live with. Then I check for crown angle of 34 - 35 (preferably 34.5) and a pavilion angle of 40.6 - 41 (preferably 40.8 ). And pretty often, the stars align.

As for photos, I have a white camera case I use specifically for taking photos, and I have a Samsung Galaxy 9, which has a semi automatic focus function, which works well for macro photography. And that's it!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow... amazing stone @mrs-b! I cannot believe it's an I1. Gorgeous! :love::love::love:

Junc80

Rough_Rock
@Junc80 -

I enter cut parameters - excellent cut, excellent polish, excellent symmetry, table, 55-57%, depth, 60.5 - 62.2%, then for this one I wanted high color (E is my favorite diamond color), then clarity of I1, then I just go through inventory. You'll find once you do this, and limit for size and price, there won't be a lot that fit the parameters, so there's not heaps to go through. I tend to only do this on James Allen, as their photography shows up inclusions better than Blue Nile (and BN only goes down to SI2, so that would be as low as you can go on BN anyway - tho there's a big price drop between SI1 and SI2). Then I go through everything available, looking for a diamond with clarity issues I could live with. Then I check for crown angle of 34 - 35 (preferably 34.5) and a pavilion angle of 40.6 - 41 (preferably 40.8 ). And pretty often, the stars align.

As for photos, I have a white camera case I use specifically for taking photos, and I have a Samsung Galaxy 9, which has a semi automatic focus function, which works well for macro photography. And that's it!

Thank you!!

mrsthomas

Shiny_Rock
Did you 'need' one? I've found 2 other beauties that would be under $1k! :lol-2:

Any chance you can link me - pretty please? Your diamond is amazing. You linked this thread in a post I put up yesterday and Im so grateful - I am on the hunt for something very similar for a bezel set ring and am not opposed at all to an eyeclean I1/Si2 stone!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kewl beans mrs-b!
Fellow I1 lover here.
When I was learning to grade diamonds at Harry Winston, we started with IF-VS2.
SI1 came a few months in.
Grading SI2-I1 took more experience. Maybe 6 months in. To sort the really imperfect stones you needed at least a year's experience.
After looking at clean stones for months, when we started looking at stones with more, and larger imperfections, it was far more interesting. Imperfections are fascinating.
There are times that an I1 will totally hide the imperfection till you got it in the exact correct orientation.
Looks like your stone has a feather which is perfectly aligned to disappear when viewed straight on.
From the side, it might be easy to see.

Then there's the wide variety of types of imperfections.....fascinating.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think maybe this works better for smaller stones. I haven’t too many 2ct+ I1s I’ve liked lol. I’m sure the exist but I wouldn’t be surprised if the bigger the size the less like an I1 grade won’t have a more obvious inclusion.

If anyone wants to hunt for a 2ct ideal cut I1 though I’m always up for being enabled...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @mrs-b. I almost bought an I1 myself, but I could not get over my mental issues. Glad you don't have that problem and saved yourself a ton, and got a gorgeous diamond to boot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results