clarity

Decent Idealscope Image?

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks amazing! :kiss2:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks fantastic and I can clearly see the difference in color! Seems like the only question is if you will be content with this as your final upgrade. I'd like to think that I would be, but we all know how that goes :lol:

Absolutely! DSS is a tricky thing to manage, so I won’t say it’ll never happen. That said, unless I find a money tree or buried treasure in my backyard, this will be it for this particular ring. I’ll probably redirect any relapses into a new/different project. ;-)

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks amazing! :kiss2:

Thanks! Since I’m totally in the “Oooh, new shiny!” phase, it’s so helpful to hear other’s impressions.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was able to take an ASET finally, if anyone’s interested. It seems to be aligned with the IS results. @gm89uk, @Karl_K - I’m naturally curious if this is consistent with the painting/digging you had observed and if you have any other observations?

8175387C-604C-4A6C-865D-BA8E613068F5.jpeg

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was able to take an ASET finally, if anyone’s interested. It seems to be aligned with the IS results. @gm89uk, @Karl_K - I’m naturally curious if this is consistent with the painting/digging you had observed and if you have any other observations?

8175387C-604C-4A6C-865D-BA8E613068F5.jpeg
one word....
kicken!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As far as the painting/digging it shows less than the other image did.
There is not a diamond cut anywhere that has absolutely none.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it really is a stunner!!! Hard not to fall in love with her. I'd definitely be allllll over it and wouldn't let that baby go!! :love::love::love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
one word....
kicken!

Yay! I love when stones get the Kicken status. :D:appl:

As far as the painting/digging it shows less than the other image did.
There is not a diamond cut anywhere that has absolutely none.

So good to know there’s an aspect of it in every stone and not something that can (or should) be avoided.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow it really is a stunner!!! Hard not to fall in love with her. I'd definitely be allllll over it and wouldn't let that baby go!! :love::love::love:

I was hoping you’d chime in - thanks so much! I’m going to give myself one more day to play with the stone and compare it in more lighting situations. However, I have a feeling I’ll be finalizing the upgrade before the end of the week. :mrgreen2:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping you’d chime in - thanks so much! I’m going to give myself one more day to play with the stone and compare it in more lighting situations. However, I have a feeling I’ll be finalizing the upgrade before the end of the week. :mrgreen2:

It never hurts to sleep on it but I don't think you'll have any trouble sending back your current one!! :kiss2:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It never hurts to sleep on it but I don't think you'll have any trouble sending back your current one!! :kiss2:

This is going to sound sappy, but this upgrade has me left feeling more sentimental than the last. I’m sure it’s partly the finality of it all, but it’s also because I really have enjoyed my current stone and feel it’s beautiful. Why can’t we just keep them all?! :lol:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to sound sappy, but this upgrade has me left feeling more sentimental than the last. I’m sure it’s partly the finality of it all, but it’s also because I really have enjoyed my current stone and feel it’s beautiful. Why can’t we just keep them all?! :lol:

Oh how I wish we could!!! ;(

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perfect diamond. Its a great catch, hope it continues to dazzle you for many years

Re: painting, very minor.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is perhaps much harder to find a well cut 36.5/40.6 than a super ideal 34.5/40.8. It is very consistently and uniformly cut throughout. I have seen many 36.5/40.6 Whiteflash Experts/Premium Selection stones online. Nothing comes even close to this in regards to light return; there is no contest.
A stone like this really excites me more than a branded super ideal cut does.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I see that your current diamond is a K. What are the specs of the new stone?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perfect diamond. Its a great catch, hope it continues to dazzle you for many years

Re: painting, very minor.

Glad to hear your assessment... and my DH will likely share your sentiment - he’s hoping this satisfies me for years to come too. ;-):D

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is perhaps much harder to find a well cut 36.5/40.6 than a super ideal 34.5/40.8. It is very consistently and uniformly cut throughout. I have seen many 36.5/40.6 Whiteflash Experts/Premium Selection stones online. Nothing comes even close to this in regards to light return; there is no contest.
A stone like this really excites me more than a branded super ideal cut does.

I hadn’t thought about the difficulty in finding a stone like this one. While I absolutely love my ACA and CBI stones, I feel as though I’ve hit the diamond jackpot. Woo hoo! :dance:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I see that your current diamond is a K. What are the specs of the new stone?

Thanks! The new one is a 2.88ct I/VS2. Here are the other details:

Table - 56%
CA/PA - 36.5/40.6
LGF - 75%
Depth - 62.8%
Diameter - 9.1mm x 9.05mm

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hadn’t thought about the difficulty in finding a stone like this one. While I absolutely love my ACA and CBI stones, I feel as though I’ve hit the diamond jackpot. Woo hoo! :dance:

How does its performance compare to the branded super ideals in your opinion? I suppose it's difficult because it's much larger.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How does its performance compare to the branded super ideals in your opinion? I suppose it's difficult because it's much larger.

The largest super ideal I have is a .63ct from my ACA earrings. There are some differences, for example, I have noticed more frequent and larger flashes of fire, and a greater depth of dimension to the new stone. However, I do think those are more a factor of the size difference than anything else. Otherwise, I'd say it's more similar than not.

Now, if anyone wants me to do a more accurate comparison, I'd be happy to accept a near 3ct super-ideal on loan for a few weeks... :P2:mrgreen2:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, it’s done! After spending a few days with the new stone, I’ve decided to go ahead with the upgrade. I just made the arrangements to send it back today for setting.

Thanks to everyone for the input and feedback in evaluating this stone - especially since it’s out of the norm here. I find the whole upgrade process to be nerve wracking so hearing your input has been a huge help!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it’s done! After spending a few days with the new stone, I’ve decided to go ahead with the upgrade. I just made the arrangements to send it back today for setting.

Thanks to everyone for the input and feedback in evaluating this stone - especially since it’s out of the norm here. I find the whole upgrade process to be nerve wracking so hearing your input has been a huge help!

Yayyyyyy!!!!! :appl:What are you going to set her in?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yayyyyyy!!!!! :appl:What are you going to set her in?

Tbh, it all feels a bit surreal. I had bookmarked the stone a few weeks back and it became unavailable for a while. When I saw it pop up again in a search, I jumped on it. So glad I did! =)2

I asked JA to price out a modification on my current setting, which is the Modern Tulip in rose gold.

https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...dern-tulip-diamond-engagement-ring-item-50763

I’ve loved it because it’s a low-set cathedral style and allows me to wear my band(s) flush on the occasion the mood strikes. However, I’m wondering if white prongs would be better. So, I’m also looking at the 6-prong, knife edge that I’ve had in mind for some time.

https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...fe-edged-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-41245

Not sure if this will end up being too high for me and I’m also uncertain about the donut at the bottom. However, I have my OEC in the Stuller temp setting and enjoy that too.

It’s so hard to decide! :confused:

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
See if they'll add a James Allen affinity discount. Congratulations, looking forward to seeing the final product!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
See if they'll add a James Allen affinity discount.

Appreciate the reminder! I was so focused on the evaluation, I almost overlooked it. Thankfully, since I had the discount on the last stone, they were able to include it on this one too. =)2

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just pinging @mrs-b - this was the thread I was referring to... =)2

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I for one love it! I can definitely see a color difference, and the size is great! Nice spread at 9.1 mm. Such a lively diamond. It's beautiful imho.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really beautiful!!!:love: I can definitely see the color difference! I wondered if it was G or H before I saw you post the color!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results