shape
carat
color
clarity

How many “carats” for the 40th School Reunion ?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG imagine that...ALL my PS friends joining our table. :appl::appl::appl:
They would have to turn the lights right down low because our collective MASS sparkle will blind everyone. Literally.
Can you just picture the look on the face of “Ms Meany aka 3 carat winner”?
:eek-2:
Is there a Guinness Book of Records for most amount of gold, platinium, diamonds and precious gems worn to a School Reunion?
Boy oh Boy - we would SO have that record!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, ok, ok. I posted previously that I think you should wear no jewels and ignore. Then I read the history of this pack of a-holes with you (the stairs incident) and am also responding to your most recent post. I am going to indulge my snarky side:

I think you should bring a fake plastic/rhinestone tiara and a sash to bestow upon her for winning the engagement ring contest.

That should do it. I'll let others decide what the sash should say.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should bring a fake plastic/rhinestone tiara and a sash to bestow upon her for winning the engagement ring contest.
This is genius - what a great snarky but not actually directly mean thing to do.
And personally I’d wear that incredible rivière necklace and your engagement ring. Simple but powerfully sparkly. And have a fabulous time being probably the most fun person in the room.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is genius - what a great snarky but not actually directly mean thing to do.
And personally I’d wear that incredible rivière necklace and your engagement ring. Simple but powerfully sparkly. And have a fabulous time being probably the most fun person in the room.

I'm thinking that Bron might get the idea in her head to go to the head of the planning committee and let her know that the entire student body has decided to award Ms. Meany with a lifetime achievement title or trophy. Hand the emcee an envelope right before the ceremony (be sure the dj plays her favorite song from days of old!) and once she arrives on stage pronounce her "Queen of Diamonds! Hers is the Biggest In All the Land!"

I would pay to see this happen. Once again, I want to say that my current thoughts are in light of what Bron divulged about these bullies pushing her down the stairs when she had a broken leg, causing her to break her wrist, making her bedridden for weeks because she couldn't crutch herself around. They left her there to languish between periods and no one came to her aid because they were cowardly a-holes who didn't want to own up to their awful actions. At this point I kind of feel like this is the perfect venue for Bron to exact revenge.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And I’ll just add, here I am, 57 years old now and this awful cow made me cry again just like she did 40 years ago.[/QUO TE]

From CAF:
OMG Bron357 - I am so sorry. Just remember these beotches peaked in high school. Do you really want to go to this reunion? Me - I'd post my most fabulous photo of me with my diamonds blinging out and take myself and my real friends to a spa weekend or a weekend doing things with people that appreciate me. I haven't read the whole post chain so I bet you explain why you are going...so if you are going - get your hair, nails, toes done - put on your favorite outfit and go and be your fabulous self. Ignore those losers.
And the bully is NOT funny.
Ohhhh - this makes me mad! So if you promised your friends you'd go - Maybe make Table 23 super special by bringing old yearbooks, photos, good mementos from hs and decorate your table! I wouldn't even talk to the beotches.

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@caf you have got to read this thread--one of our own is at stake. Bron is attending to help and support her wheelchair-bound friend/classmate. Your ideas are sound and lovely but I am pretty sure Bron has made the decision to attend and that is that.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@caf you have got to read this thread--one of our own is at stake. Bron is attending to help and support her wheelchair-bound friend/classmate. Your ideas are sound and lovely but I am pretty sure Bron has made the decision to attend and that is that.

Got it. I say bring a pair of crutches and trip the beotch with them. Unbelievable that anyone would ever act this way.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it. I say bring a pair of crutches and trip the beotch with them. Unbelievable that anyone would ever act this way.
:lol-2:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can tell from your posts that you’re a remarkable woman. I think we’d get on swimmingly IRL :)

You be you, have a great time with your true friends and ignore dem bit**es!

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Why are you even attending?

AV_

Ideal_Rock

I keep thinking of this thread and not of the rubies O O : I am angry that such an idiotic event made you feel so much for so long! Those girls... women now - they could not have thought much of a runner's broken leg or wrist back then, and their immagination seems to be rusting off with age. Not that the painful moment is easy for me to feel: I can remember fairly comparable loss :(2, but nobody came on to me like that at such a time o_O

If your competition now is one diamond of three carats, all you have to do to beat that is show up alive.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE Pricescope soooooo much.
Ladies (and gents) who are “virtual” friends yet all so kind and supportive.
It’s awful isn’t it, how bullying does stay with your all your life and can “reduce” you when you aren’t expecting it to.
I think that is what shocked me, that this awful women with a few words could still stick “the knife” in me, twist it and have me gasp in pain and shock.
I did enough psychology subjects at Uni to know what that says about her and none of it is good.
I am very fortunate, I do have a lovely collection of jewels, most of which I worked hard to save up for - sometimes choosing jewels over holidays or new cars. I had a successful career and my DH is supportive even if he doesn’t get why I need 54 vintage ladies watches!
To be honest I wasn’t even going to wear my engagement ring to the event. Let alone be dripping diamonds.
You see I know that some of my school friends are experiencing harder times, divorce, unemployment, significant health problems, children with drug problems, victims of domestic abuse, mourning the loss of family or regretting that they were never able to create one.
I’m the last person who wants to make someone else feel inadequate or less or scream out “look at me, look how successful and loved and clever and rich I am compared to you”.
It’s enough I know who I am and I am proud of myself for me.
And you can be sure that my table will be the BEST table. I will entertain everyone with my best stories, my funniest stories (did I mention I once did Stand up Comedy as a joke ha ha) and we will all fall about laughing and cry tears of joy. I will probably snort my wine out my nose, go to sit down and miss the seat, forget my handbag handle is through the chair leg and accidentally drag the chair with me to the loo. And I will laugh harder at myself than anyone else. We will have to be hushed quiet multiple times during the boring, self serving speeches from the old prefects because we will be having too much FUN.
And all those bullies and losers will be excluded and have to watch the Party go down from afar.

Oh Bron, You are My Hero! Go get them Girl!!

Would you consider wearing your EC on your middle finger and casually flip the bird when she walks by hmm all of a sudden you have an itch on your cheek lol

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh Bron, my heart goes out to you and your younger self.

You really have no need to prove yourself to those bitches. So wear whatever makes you happy, and if it’s lots of pretty bling, then go for it (since you have such stunning stuff!) but if it’s not you, then go in whatever makes you happy and comfortable.

I’m not sure and maybe telling the bitch off on the forum is easier than doing it in real life but personally I think you should call her out on what a horrid person she is, and how pathetic that she hasn’t matured in all these years. Just remember that your PS team is cheering you on whatever you do. Hugs.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I’ll just add, here I am, 57 years old now and this awful cow made me cry again just like she did 40 years ago.
Please don’t cry..She’s not worth it..People who are mean are just not secure and happy with themselves so they try to make others miserable. If she makes comments about your ring and tries to compare her size to yours..Just give a tiny smirk and calmly share your knowledge of numbers, HCA, and angles and say you went for an super ideal cut instead of an inferior spread.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bron, I think you should wear a combination of the pieces that mean the most to you, and the pieces you are most proud of acquiring. They may not stop the show like 50cts of diamonds, but they will make you feel good and confident inside.

The ladies in attendance may not know exactly what the pieces are, but those with taste and style will recognize class when they see it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she starts, just tell her to give herself a break. Being a b**** for 40 years must be exhausting. And then just turn your back on her and walk away.
I REALLY like this response!!! I don’t know that I could do it but I would want to do it!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she starts, just tell her to give herself a break. Being a b**** for 40 years must be exhausting. And then just turn your back on her and walk away.

Oh, I just LOVE this

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron, childhood hurts can be the most tender. How strong you are to attend and support your friend!

A sentence I like to have in my back pocket, when people ask questions they have no right to: “Oh! I’m flattered that you feel close enough to me to ask such a personal question.” And then pause. And walk away. Yep.

As for bling: wear what you would normally wear on a night out with a friend! Because that is what it is. Remember: the opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. Aim for indifference, IMO. Those girls aren’t worth a second thought. (Easier said than done... but my point remains!)

Sending you lots of hugs.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bron, childhood hurts can be the most tender. How strong you are to attend and support your friend!

A sentence I like to have in my back pocket, when people ask questions they have no right to: “Oh! I’m flattered that you feel close enough to me to ask such a personal question.” And then pause. And walk away. Yep.

As for bling: wear what you would normally wear on a night out with a friend! Because that is what it is. Remember: the opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. Aim for indifference, IMO. Those girls aren’t worth a second thought. (Easier said than done... but my point remains!)

OMG - this is priceless. Must remember this.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you can work up some sympathy for her being such a loser her whole life and it will help you maintian your equipoise.
Then kill with kindness.
And it’s obvious you are not going in alone. We’ve all got your back!:dance:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carrie movie, bucket of blood. Just sayin'.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carrie movie, bucket of blood. Just sayin'.

Oh that was an intense movie scene. Still remember it after all these years.

:errrr:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
[QUOTE="missy, post: 4419604, member: 31817"]Oh that was an intense movie scene. Still remember it after all these years.

:errrr:[/QUOTE]
I know, I can't watch it.
scram.gif

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is such a wise post! :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 so sorry to hear the mean girl is still acting like a mean girl. She may have done you a favor by being nasty in advance. Now that you know what to expect, you can be fully prepared. I'd like to think that, in your shoes, and after getting gleeful thoughts of petty revenge out of my system, that I would be able to go to the reunion and put her in her place in the classiest way possible--dressing up in a way that made me feel confident and powerful -- whether it's dripping with jewels or a few select items. And clothing absolutely perfectly tailored to suit my today body the best.

Then, in my imagined conversation, when the nastiness began, I would look at her with my best lady of the manor haughty, yet pitying look. I would then say something like, "I'm so sorry to see that your life apparently hit a brick wall after high school, because I can't otherwise imagine why an adult would need to resort to high school-level mean girl tactics."

I would follow up by sweetly thanking her for being so thoughtful as to make sure friend was seated near the toilets, to avoid the awkwardness of navigating between tables with a wheelchair.

And if she made comments about how my jewels must be fakes, I would look at her with surprise and state that I'm gobsmacked that anybody with as much interest in jewelry that she seems to have cannot tell with a look whether diamonds are real or fake.

Finally, if she made a comment about how everything must have been rented for the evening, I would respond with something like, why would you ever think that. Followed by a look as if I've just had a flash of understanding, and then say, oh, I guess you thought that because that's what you did? And move on.

Ok, I might als accidentally on purpose feel the need to stretch my legs when she was walking by to get to the toilets in such a way that she tripped.

But that's my little fantasy. I hope that, whatever you choose to do, you enjoy the evening with your friends. Putting her in her place would merely be an added bonus.

Can we be friends? I absolutely adore the way your mind works

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That should do it. I'll let others decide what the sash should say.

:lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love this too...I’m one that can never come back with something good. I will remember this one too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results